The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I never did get around to posting that No Purification challenge for Colosseum/XD.
Wow not being able to grow any levels, now that's a challenge!
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I've heard Brown makes on hell of a Nuzlocke challenge.
Pretty late reply, but yes. Ask mondays if you want to know the pain this Nuzlocke was for him. I kinda gave up halfway, after a 2nd Team Wipeout.

QUARTZ. NUZLOCKE. Will be updating later. :'D

Old February 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Nature: Hardy
I really must get around to doing some challenges...I've been sitting here for quite a while. xP That's it, I'm going to go get my DS and do this. and I will probably end up procrastinating again

Challenge ForumCompleted Challenges List ♠ Current Challenges: #swablunest
"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Old February 11th, 2011, 03:47 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Finally beat Chuck. Also Alterna the Cleffa and Myrrh love me. They evolved. So many haircuts, vitamins and walking.
Old February 11th, 2011, 08:53 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Hey guys, I'm BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

I successfully completed a monotype with every type in the Gen I games! I think I'm going to do that for GSC, and then play through RSE and DPPt type by type til I'm an UMC Master Champion!
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:52 AM
mondays suck
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 560cool. View Post
Pretty late reply, but yes. Ask mondays if you want to know the pain this Nuzlocke was for him. I kinda gave up halfway, after a 2nd Team Wipeout.

QUARTZ. NUZLOCKE. Will be updating later. :'D
Apart from 2 battles I wasn't supposed to fight until WAY later (in one I lost half of my current team, the other one was a full party wipe), Brown wasn't too hard. Maybe because I stopped taking risks then. Actually it's the only hack I've beat so far, I keep getting raped ever since.
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

I'm just doing a normal Brown run, and I think I found a gym trainer that had like a lv. 65 Raichu? I'm pretty sure that was like the fourth gym too... Was that one of the trainers you were talking about?
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:24 AM
mondays suck

Weird, if I remember correctly the fourth or third gym did have the Electric type...but I'm pretty sure they were at a normal level, 30 maybe.
What I was talking about were Cycling Road and some seemingly random cave earlier in the water north of the hometown that turned out to be the final dungeon except for being available way.
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Wow not being able to grow any levels, now that's a challenge!
I was going to allow keeping your partner Pokemon. XD Only one for Colosseum though, otherwise it'd just become a Umbre/Espe duo run. :(

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:17 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
Well, I got a full wipe from the Cycling Road (I was really impatient to get to Johto) then a second total wipe from some Gym Leader, I think... I recall it being the Fighting Gym.

Yeah, but I really sucked at life challenges back then... Okay, maybe both... (:

Old February 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
Weird, if I remember correctly the fourth or third gym did have the Electric type...but I'm pretty sure they were at a normal level, 30 maybe.
What I was talking about were Cycling Road and some seemingly random cave earlier in the water north of the hometown that turned out to be the final dungeon except for being available way.
Yeah, the leader's name was Sparky. He had someone, someone, and Jolteon as his "main" Pokemon. But one of the three trainers you fight in the gym had a Raichu at level 66 or something ridiculous. It only knew Electric attacks and like Growl, so luckily, my level 20 Geodude took it out with Struggle like 2 hits before I would have killed myself with Struggle.
Old February 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM
mondays suck

That's odd, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any ground types at that part of the game, so my best bet would have been a high-20s Ivysaur. I think I would have remembered that battle...
Probably you're just playing another version of Brown; either an older one where this thing is not patched or a newer one influenced by the fact that trolling is so popular nowadays.
Old February 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
That's odd, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any ground types at that part of the game, so my best bet would have been a high-20s Ivysaur. I think I would have remembered that battle...
Probably you're just playing another version of Brown; either an older one where this thing is not patched or a newer one influenced by the fact that trolling is so popular nowadays.
Didn't know that it changed. I just researched a bit (youtube video since that was all I could find) and the gym was completely redesigned and there was not the Raichu I fought. Guess I have an old version of Brown.
Old February 11th, 2011, 07:52 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I beat Jasmine in my Dexter challenge. I'm travelling around with Danny the Poliwrath, Mondaysuck the Jumpluff, Myrrh the Crobat, Alterna the Clefairy, Decade the Magneton and Chaos the Azumarill (Defence Curl + Rollout is so useful).

Also Hooray For 500 Posts!
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Petilil
so sassy

Good news! I have two more Pokemon to get to level 70 and then I'm off to beat the Pokemon League for the third time! (: If you don't know whose alt I am, I will throw fig newton bars at you.

チュリネ
The leaves on its head grow right back even if they fall out.
These bitter leaves refresh those who eat them. Unless you're a rude ho.
yes, i'm sydian
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petilil View Post
I will throw fig newton bars at you.
I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. D:

Anyway, finally getting back to my Favorite challenge after that little save incident that happened, and I will also get to the Johto portion of my Ultimate Solo Challenge with Dewgong.

"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Petilil
so sassy

I've neglected my favorite challenge again. v_v I've barely had any motivation for anything, not just challenges. Hell, I don't even know why I'm playing White right now.

Speaking of that challenge, I was thinking, that after Black/White have been out for a few months, of locking the favorite challenge and making it a BW exclusive challenge. atm, it's for the most recent games as to provide as many possibilities for teams, and since peoples' favorites are going to change/have changed with the new generation, then I reckon it's about time for a new thread. Or at least I'll edit it. Something like that. Yay for powarz.

チュリネ
yes, i'm sydian
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Honestly, I wouldn't have enough patience and motivation to pull off a challenge, especially the monotype ones. D:
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Petilil
so sassy

SINCE WHEN DO YOU CARE ABOUT CHALLENGES Monotypes are, in my opinion, one of the easiest. I used to do them all the time as a kid, and I recorded them in notebooks and such. I did so many that I can't even really remember which types I used. v_v Ugh.

チュリネ
yes, i'm sydian
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petilil View Post
I've neglected my favorite challenge again. v_v I've barely had any motivation for anything, not just challenges. Hell, I don't even know why I'm playing White right now.

Speaking of that challenge, I was thinking, that after Black/White have been out for a few months, of locking the favorite challenge and making it a BW exclusive challenge. atm, it's for the most recent games as to provide as many possibilities for teams, and since peoples' favorites are going to change/have changed with the new generation, then I reckon it's about time for a new thread. Or at least I'll edit it. Something like that. Yay for powarz.
I agree with that decision about making it BW exclusive. I was actuallly going to do another separate Favorite Challenge using White, as well as another 'The Ones That Got Away' challenge for either Black or White.

But then again, that's only after I force myself to finish my current challenges.

Old February 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I'm generally not used to being limited to a few options, but that's the purpose of a challenge, right? XD; Idk, I've been stalking this forum for a while now, and seeing lots of different challenges that would require a lot of motivation and guts to pull off. I've especially saw one challenge(I forgot the name of it though) that you have to have a copy of RBY, beat those games, G/S/C, beat those games, R/S/E, beat those games, D/P/P, beat those games and HG/SS and beat those games also.

Yeah, starting all over and beating each generation until the end. That sounds pretty hard to me, idk. XD

And I find some challenges to be pretty interesting. :( so of course I care, most of the time.
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Petilil
so sassy

Yeah, I'll edit the Favorite Challenge to be BW exclusive around May maybe? I mean, I want to give people time to finish on HGSS/DPPT and actually acquire Black/White.

And Derk, yeah, restrictions are the point! But if you don't want type restrictions, there are other challenges out there. Random challenge, favorite challenge, etc. might not be too constraining. And no, I could never do an ultimate anything challenge (that's what the RBY - GSC - and on challenges are). Don't wanna start over all my games + I'd get bored. Random challenges are more my thing these days, which is why I have members assign my teams for my Hall of Fame challenge in White.

チュリネ
yes, i'm sydian
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Yeah, my only fear is starting over on my games these days. If it's just random pokemon teams, I don't necessarily have an issue with that. xD;
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Sounds like a good time frame. I'll have Black and White both by/on my birthday, which is May 16th. I'll probably get White myself and then request to have Black for my birthday. :D I'd be more than happy to do a favorites challenge with 5th gen, since I have added many to my top 6 favorites.

Old February 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Sooyun
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
I'm halfway (well 45% ish if you count the post game. You guys do know that there are already roms patched with 98%-100% English right? Perhaps you can start a new thread/alter the original early?) through White on my Lyrics Challenge and there are so many Pokemon I want to try. Too bad I can only carry 6 and already have all of my team. T_T. So 25% is on the White rom, 25% will be used on the Black rom, and the other 50% are Pokemon I'm catching but keeping boxed. If I do the Favorites, I might have to play the games multiple times.

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):

Last edited by Sooyun; February 11th, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links