The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Quote:
My idea for a new, and gimmick challenge. I would call it The (Insert user Sydian)'s Favourite's challenge/ Really similar to the favourite's challenge, but you must use someone else's favourites instead of your own.
What the hell, are you predicting the event I had planned for August? :( ...Cough cough cough. /me goes back to playing Black

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Nature: Hardy
I guess I'm gonna have to take some time either today or tomorrow to update all of my challenge threads. I haven't had much time recently, but I'm going to make time.
I'm also excited that I'm so close to being able to start other challenges, since I'm almost done with my personal rule of finishing all of my current challenges before entering others.

Challenge ForumCompleted Challenges List ♠ Current Challenges: #swablunest
"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

What the hell, are you predicting the event I had planned for August? :( ...Cough cough cough. /me goes back to playing Black
Honestly I thought you would have been thinking up something for an Easter Challenge. Maybe something where you have to go through a run using an Exeggcute and a Chansey or something on your team.

I'm like, overflowing with challenge ideas. :D I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but something like a Egg Group Challenge, where you can only use Pokemon in a specific egg group. So a Humanshape challenge would require you to only use Pokemon like Machop and Kadabra etc.
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:53 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

I'm like, overflowing with challenge ideas. :D I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but something like a Egg Group Challenge, where you can only use Pokemon in a specific egg group. So a Humanshape challenge would require you to only use Pokemon like Machop and Kadabra etc.
That sounds like a pretty fun challenge, IMO. If you decide to make a thread for it, I'd gladly participate. :D

"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Jak
baby smod

That's been made before, but I'm positive it died. Feel free to remake it!

Also, I'm obsessed with St. Patrick's Day, hence why y'all got an event for it. :P I was gunna do an event in February for Valentine's Day, but I was going through a lot of stuff, and Valentine's Day was really upsetting for me, so obviously I skipped out on it. And no, no Easter events. XD That would be a cute idea though...like, you could trade random eggs with people. I think there was a challenge like that, but idk. That could be made right now actually, but not as an event. I don't even know what date easter is this year. /awful

Aaaaaand not gunna mention the August thing. -cough cough- My birthday is in August though. -cough cough- :) Trust me, your lovely Challenge mod takes good care of his lovely Challenge forum and will see to it that good events are made~!

Also, check out the new FAQ! I will be adding to it tomorrow about how to make proper and organized challenges, and there will be a new rule (sorry!) about how challenges need to be nice and neat. Seriously though, do you like seeing challenge that have little to no explanation? :( It's ugly, not well planned, and usually not kept up with very well.

Old March 8th, 2011, 08:11 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

I'm actually surprised that I'm the only person going for an Ultimate for the St. Patrick's Challenge. I would have expected at least one other person going for an ultimate, but whatever. If I worked really hard, I could probably finish before St. Patrick's Day itself.

Old March 8th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Obviously there should be a rule where to ask me for challenge thread making advice, since I'm the best at it. :D OMG Black tomorrow for me! :D

Another challenge idea. A word challenge, but I have no idea how to call it. You have to use Pokemon which have 9 or more letters in their name, so you can't use Venusaur, but you can use Charizard or Victreebel.
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

Another challenge idea. A word challenge, but I have no idea how to call it. You have to use Pokemon which have 9 or more letters in their name, so you can't use Venusaur, but you can use Charizard or Victreebel.
I wonder how limited that challenge would be...does Bulbapedia have a list of Pokemon by amount of letters? I don't think they do, but it'd be helpful for those taking the challenge. or those too lazy to just count the letters

Old March 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Jak
baby smod

Dragonomega was gunna do an ultimate for StPD event, but idk, guess he doesn't want to now.

Old March 8th, 2011, 11:35 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Dragonomega was gunna do an ultimate for StPD event, but idk, guess he doesn't want to now.
I've only got HeartGold and White left, I'm just trying to make sure that my HG doesn't quit saving/starting at Morty's Gym. :c Otherwise, I'd probably be done with that already.
I love doing as many Ultimates as I can, otherwise I feel a little...I don't know...incomplete? xP Just doing one region in a challenge apparently isn't enough for me.

Old March 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I'm about halfway through a game of White, and it's been fun. started with Oshawott, btw. team right now is Samurott, Sigilyph, Krokorok, Zebstrika, Stoutland, and Munna, all around L37-38. I think I will be content to just finish a playthrough first before doing any challenges on it. lol.

LeafGreen - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2 (postgame)

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Select Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, on hold
Old March 9th, 2011, 01:30 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I plan to finish the rest of my challenges by the end of the day.
Old March 9th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Zeffy
bowties are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I plan to finish the rest of my challenges by the end of the day.
I was planning to finish mine before March 18th. I figured that setting deadlines for your challenges would help you finish the challenge faster and easier.
Old March 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I just submitted a Duotype challenge because I couldn't find one when I searched for it. I'm going to be using Pokemon Black and doing a Bug/Poison challenge. My planned team is:
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
okay, so I finally beat Elite four the first time and N and whoever, but I hate my team. Zebstrika is really weak, and I almost lost to a lone L62 Altaria (!!!), lol, as my team in L52ish. three of my team have Mild natures, which really sucks.

I had fun with the first half, then I hated the last parts since Zebstrika was just so bad. I should have dropped him, it's not like electric types are a neccesity in Unova.
/endrant

anyway, I'm thinking about getting back on the monotype track.

LeafGreen - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2 (postgame)

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Select Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, on hold
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Jak
baby smod

I didn't like using Zeburaika in my Hall of Fame challenge. My friend is using one on his White team right now though, and he loves it. -shrugs- I guess it's all up to preference.

Old March 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
anyway, I'm thinking about getting back on the monotype track.
Yes you should. I'm about to catch you in UMC's completed. I'm at the E4 on Normal Sinnoh, 2 badges in on Fire Hoenn, and almost 5 badges on Fire Sinnoh. Then we'll both have 4 done.
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
can anyone recommend a fun challenge?

i don't usually stroll around these parts of the forums, but lately i've been itching to do a challenge.

i don't know if asking is allowed, so if anyone could pick for me it would be greatly appreciated

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old March 11th, 2011, 04:59 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Look who's back and not better then ever

Um I'd been doing some "personal" challenges myself. I'm trying to beat every Pokemon game I have before Black reaches my door. (Brazil.... I have to wait until my uncle mails it to me)

Um here's a list...

Leaf Green: Luck of the Irish :DD

Ruby: None, maybe Pre-evo challenge?

Emerald: Nuzlocke, might change to mono-type (ideas?)

Heart Gold: Normal, 13 Badges

Soul Silver: Normal, grinding for Falkner

Ranger: None? My brother is using it so Im not sure if I will play it

Rumble: Nuzlocke

Mystery Dungeon Blue: Done with Main Game, started after game

Mystery Dugeon Sky: Special Missions Completed, Main Game Done, at Azurill's nightmare

Diamond: Normal, at Maylene

Platinum: Nuzlocke, must steal trainers' Pokemon as my route catch
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Alrighty, finally able to continue doing challenges. It's been quite a long week, at least for me. I'll be so happy to start playing again~

Old March 11th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Jak
baby smod

Hi. I'm trying to complete Gold, Green, and Booze. Wallace's Milotic is annoying as frick frack. I just thought I'd let you guys know! But Ludicolo takes hits like a man. That is all.

Old March 11th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Okay, what the hell is a frick frack?
I've been postponing challenges for a while, so I can play Black. I'll just say that Sydoredia is amazing. <3
Old March 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

I've been trying to finish all of my current challenges before allowing myself to play White. I've still played it, but I have prevented myself from getting carried away and finishing it within a week like I normally do.

Old March 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
I've been getting really lazy with my challenges lately, I was considering restarting on White and nuzlocking it, once it's possible for me to obtain a Gigalith.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:11 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Bah, school starts back up, so I won't have nearly as much time for challenges. I really need to get on this St. Patty's day challenge. St. Patty's day is in just 3 days...

I sort of wanted to finish a couple more UMC's first though... Oh well.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links