The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (10:10 AM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Quote:
As for Hall of Fame challenge, I'm pretty sure the only rules is that you must run through the Elite Four with every single Pokemon, or at least their evolved forms. You wouldn't be able to trade/hack or anything, and you'd have to train them from scratch. Also, it's a good idea to make it so people choose your Pokemon through topics you want, like a Dual-type Pokemon, or a Pokemon found in the Dream Yard etc.
lmao no. Trading is totally allowed. ~_~ You can check other rules in my blog. I didn't think other people would pick up on it tbh. But I mean, for those that might be doing it, feel free to customize the rules. I just see no point in raising a new Tyranitar when I have one on Platinum that I poured a ton of work into raising. I want her to be the one I take to the Hall of Fame, not some new T-tar. That's just me though. And yeah, it is evolved forms, unless you want to include all or certain pre-evolutions, like how I included Petilil just because...well, it's Petilil. Why WOULDN'T I include it?

/me tips hat and wanders away to train Magmar and Slowbro

Play the game to change the game
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (10:25 AM).
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
Here is a new idea of mine!

The Route Challenge

Basically, you can have in your team all the Pokèmon that can be catched in a Route, up to 6 members. For example, if you choose Unova's Route 1, you can have from one to six members between Patrat, Lillipup, Audino, Scraggy, and Basculin (and their evolutive forms).
Obviously, you can't hack, or breed, and you can trade only for evolution purposes.

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (10:42 AM).
Sydian
revolution

That'd be hard for if you wanted to get Pokemon from later routes. :o Then you'd have to trade.

Also, I'm so dumb. I clicked on this section and was like "when did I lock those two threads at the to-- oh..." v_v

Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (01:05 PM).
Porygon Z
718!

Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
That'd be hard for if you wanted to get Pokemon from later routes. :o Then you'd have to trade.

Also, I'm so dumb. I clicked on this section and was like "when did I lock those two threads at the to-- oh..." v_v
Oh, right! So, we could allow to hack/trade all the Pokèmon findable in the Unova region, how about it?
They are about 350, if I don't go wrong.

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (05:29 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
When I meant no trading for your sexy challenge, Sydian, I meant like, you wouldn't be allowed to trade over a full team, complete and everything for it. That would defeat the purpose of training Pokemon for the Elite Four. You wouldn't trade say, A level 80 Hydreigon and Landorus for you to use for the challenge. :P
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (05:45 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Quote:
When I meant no trading for your sexy challenge, Sydian, I meant like, you wouldn't be allowed to trade over a full team, complete and everything for it. That would defeat the purpose of training Pokemon for the Elite Four. You wouldn't trade say, A level 80 Hydreigon and Landorus for you to use for the challenge. :P
Umm, I'm trading a level 83 Tyranitar and Garchomp, when it comes time to use them. I'm not raising another one of those when I've put in a bunch of work on those two already. You shouldn't be barred for using something so overlevel when you did work hard to train it at one point.

Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (05:57 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Stop doubleposting -__- I don't mean you can't trade if you've trained it yourself, but don't trade over Pokemon you didn't even train, or that you just got from someone because you're too lazy to train that Pokemon yourself. That would defeat the purpose of the Hall of Fame challenge, to get lots of Pokemon which other people have trained for just a small thing.
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (03:03 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jespoke View Post
I'll make it, cuz i also want this. Checking the rules again, just in case one has slipped my mind.
No need, I just did. Now just waiting for Sydian's approval.

I'll do the Hall of Fame Challenge when I'm done EVing my other pokes :V
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (03:26 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
What game are you going to do it on?

Oh yeah and all my Pokemon are at least lv45 in mine. When they're level 65 or so I'll challenge the league.
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (03:55 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Maybe either Black or HeartGold, though I think I'm leaning more to Black because I got more stuff completed and it's a new gen and all :V
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (05:17 AM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
No need, I just did. Now just waiting for Sydian's approval.

Seems we both have it for approval at the same time, i had already made it several hours before that post... Sydian, what is the solution for this kind of problem?
Bug: X - 2/8

On hold: Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8

Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (09:44 AM).
Sydian
revolution

Haha, I was just about to mention that. :P I read them both, but approved jespoke's since I thought it explained it better. There was nothing wrong with either challenges though, don't get me wrong. XD I just gotta do what I can. -hides from the watermelon seeds you might pelt at me-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative
I don't mean you can't trade if you've trained it yourself, but don't trade over Pokemon you didn't even train, or that you just got from someone because you're too lazy to train that Pokemon yourself. That would defeat the purpose of the Hall of Fame challenge, to get lots of Pokemon which other people have trained for just a small thing.
Mmhmm, well you didn't specify that beforehand. No offense, but I'm pretty sure I would know a challenge I made better than someone else unless they were also participating and have been for a while. I'm just saying. /territorial bear mode

Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (03:53 PM).
A_Creative_Name
Beginning Trainer

So here's something I was pondering (and wanted to do). A Glitch Pokemon-only challenge. Kind of like monotype, but the thread for that says no hacking or cheating so :p

(also apologies for any noobishness I have comitted)
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (05:02 PM).
Sydian
revolution

The challenge would be trying to beat the E4 before you game breaks from the glitchiness, right? lol

Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (05:08 PM).
LaureTheLoner

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to LaureTheLoner
ANOTHER RANDOM LAURE IDEA

That I can't participate in because my DS was stolen a year ago D:<

Anyway I've been thinking easter eggs because of the beautiful Spring weather, what about a challenge for the DS games. Where your team is made up from Pokemon that hatched from eggs. The eggs must come from someone else taking part in the challenge, or donated from someone looking at the forum. The catch is the contents of the egg won't be revealed to the challenger until it hatches, and they must finish the game with that Poke. They have to have 6 pokes on their team as well.

Maybe for an added bonus some have to be NFE.

Idk just throwing it out there.

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (05:20 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
ANOTHER RANDOM LAURE IDEA

That I can't participate in because my DS was stolen a year ago D:<

Anyway I've been thinking easter eggs because of the beautiful Spring weather, what about a challenge for the DS games. Where your team is made up from Pokemon that hatched from eggs. The eggs must come from someone else taking part in the challenge, or donated from someone looking at the forum. The catch is the contents of the egg won't be revealed to the challenger until it hatches, and they must finish the game with that Poke. They have to have 6 pokes on their team as well.

Maybe for an added bonus some have to be NFE.

Idk just throwing it out there.
This idea has actually been tossed around at least once before that I can remember. I was sorta excited for it, but it never happened. Easter is at the end of this month, so I wouldn't be opposed to this being like the "Challenge event of the month" lol. Except I don't want there to be one every month, it sort of loses its specialness.

But yeah, if this thread got created, I would definitely participate if I had any motivation like an emblem promise, otherwise I gotta keep doing monotypes. I would be using my Diamond, where I have all howevermanyPokemonareonthatgame of the Pokemon. Plus a level like 91 Ditto in the Daycare. I would make lots of friends for people!
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (05:30 PM).
A_Creative_Name
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
The challenge would be trying to beat the E4 before you game breaks from the glitchiness, right? lol
Actually, RBY (the only games this could be realistically performed on) are very tough to break (also, save states). The biggest challenge would be obtaining a solid number of glitch Pokemon before getting Surf, and not having them evolve into all sorts of crazy crap.

Wait, have I been shot down?
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (05:47 PM).
LaureTheLoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
This idea has actually been tossed around at least once before that I can remember. I was sorta excited for it, but it never happened. Easter is at the end of this month, so I wouldn't be opposed to this being like the "Challenge event of the month" lol. Except I don't want there to be one every month, it sort of loses its specialness.

But yeah, if this thread got created, I would definitely participate if I had any motivation like an emblem promise, otherwise I gotta keep doing monotypes. I would be using my Diamond, where I have all howevermanyPokemonareonthatgame of the Pokemon. Plus a level like 91 Ditto in the Daycare. I would make lots of friends for people!
I'd love to start it
but a rule of the challenges is that you have to participate
Which I can't do ;_;

boo....

stupid people who broke into my car and stole my DS

Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (06:31 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Just throwing this out there, but methinks there should be an Easter Challenge, since that holiday is coming up. I'm unsure on how it would go, but you would only be allowed to use Pokemon with Easter references, such as Exeggcute, Minccino and Pidgey.
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (06:48 PM).
A_Creative_Name
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
Just throwing this out there, but methinks there should be an Easter Challenge, since that holiday is coming up. I'm unsure on how it would go, but you would only be allowed to use Pokemon with Easter references, such as Exeggcute, Minccino and Pidgey.
A Holiday Challenge sounds fun. It could work for other occasions too.
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (06:54 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Why not combine them and make Laure's Challenge Idea fall around Easter? That way, the challenge can still happen, and eggs = easter.
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (07:02 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Maybe make my challenge the main focus, but any Pokemon that comes from an Egg, such as Togepi or Wynaut can be used as well. But the egg Pokemon rule would be used for earlier games, which can't trade via Wifi to other people. But trading eggs over to other people could be fun I guess, but it'd only work for 4th generation and up.
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (07:45 PM).
LaureTheLoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
Maybe make my challenge the main focus, but any Pokemon that comes from an Egg, such as Togepi or Wynaut can be used as well. But the egg Pokemon rule would be used for earlier games, which can't trade via Wifi to other people. But trading eggs over to other people could be fun I guess, but it'd only work for 4th generation and up.
I'm not trying to plug myself or anything like that D:
but my I have an expert mode for my spring challenge I tried to make more easter
I'll just summarize kinda the jest if anyone wants to steal anything incorporate it, but NFE fairy egg groups (your Clefairys and JigglyPuffs) cause they are cute or NFE flying types (chicks :D ). Green Pokemon and grass types are always welcome, and your favorite normal type rodents Buneary and such could be required.

Have something like that with the random eggs, and egg pokemon
you got yourself an easter egg hunt D:

Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (07:51 PM).
Sydian
revolution

We just had an event, so making this an event is out of the question tbh. Next event will probably be in May, if I work out all the quirks...but I don't want three consecutive events. An egg challenge on its own could be made, but I don't think we need an easter specific one. idk how Pidgey is Easter related...lmao

But yeah, clumping events up together just isn't on my agenda. :< But someone feel free to make a challenge that could revolve around trading eggs if you'd like. I thought about that myself too.

Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (08:09 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote:
We just had an event, so making this an event is out of the question tbh. Next event will probably be in May, if I work out all the quirks...but I don't want three consecutive events. An egg challenge on its own could be made, but I don't think we need an easter specific one. idk how Pidgey is Easter related...lmao

But yeah, clumping events up together just isn't on my agenda. :< But someone feel free to make a challenge that could revolve around trading eggs if you'd like. I thought about that myself too.
Keep this idea active for 42 more monotypes, and I'll make it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links