Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2011 (03:37 AM).
LaureTheLoner

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to LaureTheLoner
Quote originally posted by mondays suck:
Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!
I know what you mean, my mom was a dual-type

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
Old April 13th, 2011 (04:47 AM).
Alpha_Spike
Ace Trainer

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by mondays suck:
Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!
Not racism against dual types just more challenging. Flying type would be limited to gen 5 only and would only have 1 pokemon they could use. Dragon type before gen 5 could only be not fully evolved pokemon of two families. See where I'm going?

Creator of the Triple trigen monotype master challenge(PM for details if you want to know more)

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Game: Pokemon Y
Name: Lycos
Friend code: 1306-6972-7386
Old April 13th, 2011 (05:03 AM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by Alpha_Spike:
Hmm has anyone created a "Purity Monotype Challenge" yet? By this I mean monotype but no dual types are allowed? Cause I think this would be interesting
I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.
Old April 13th, 2011 (06:00 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Alternative:

I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.
I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.
Old April 13th, 2011 (08:27 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.
Mehhhhhhhhhhhh I'll get around to it eventually. And actually, monotype is co-owned by myself and Alakazam17. She handles the Ultimate, and I handle the single.
Old April 13th, 2011 (10:11 AM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old April 13th, 2011 (11:54 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.
I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.
Old April 13th, 2011 (10:19 PM).
LaureTheLoner

Arrrgggg I just don't know what challenge to do. Solo, Monotype, or Nuzelocke ;_;
There is just too many challenges

Old April 13th, 2011 (10:30 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Quote:
I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.
Pretty much. That's why you never see them get approved anyway. Heh, try to Nuzlocke Fire types on Diamond. Hooray for the winning team of Infernape and Rapidash.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old April 14th, 2011 (09:06 PM).
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old April 15th, 2011 (12:54 AM).
LaureTheLoner

Before I was against doing a lot of challenges at the same time, but now I realize it is awesome because when I am in my room in my spare time feeling bored I can just open one up on the computer and go at one after making a decision between a few choices, and then my easier challenges I have on my iphone just incase I ever get bored somewhere.

It's all good 8D

Old April 15th, 2011 (07:06 AM). Edited April 15th, 2011 by myrrhman.
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by InfernoRogue:
OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?
Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy
Old April 15th, 2011 (07:55 AM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by myrrhman:
Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy
Well it's Easter next week (24th) so some schools have them this late because of it (Catholic schools especially).

Shedinja: /fail

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old April 15th, 2011 (02:26 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

If it wasn't clear to you already, Shedinja is suicidal. :'( I like Shedinja though.

Also, it's REALLY weird using past-gen Pokemon for the main story on Black. It's just like "omg you're not supposed to be here." But...it was pretty awesome when my Squirtle was working alongside Cheren's Oshawott. :)

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old April 16th, 2011 (01:30 PM).
LaureTheLoner

YOU GUYS IT'S HORRIBLE ;_;
I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
A car guys? How can I do challenges with a 94 Ford D:
I'll wreck it and use the scrap money whahahahahahahahahahahaha
or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.

Old April 16th, 2011 (02:14 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by LaureTheLoner:
I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.
Ugh, that sounds like what my life is like. Parents are all like "get a job so you can live where you want to next year!" and I'm all like "but then I can't do challenges no mo!"
Old April 18th, 2011 (10:01 PM).
Exile
confectionery behemoth
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by LaureTheLoner:

I think a car is a bit more valuable than a DS with some Pokemon Games, js.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old April 19th, 2011 (12:13 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Yeah, I agree with Karpman...I mean, a DS is nice, but with a car you can get a job and make money to buy your own, and the games. :x So yeah. Plus you need a car in life more than you need a DS.

Anyway, I just saw the weirdest challenge...and it was...very obvious someone didn't read the rules or FAQ. :[ It's a shame~! It wasn't an odd challenge, but it really had no substance. It was just...beat all main games essentially, but it had no rules, and it had this weird story, and it calculated how much all the games cost and I was just like "...well this makes me realize how much money I've spent on this series" and yeah. :x

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old April 19th, 2011 (01:20 PM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Survival Challenge, Chess Challenge, Monotypes, Dream Themes?

There's alot!

Or you can do what I did and go through the game with the worst Pokemon accesable (I also did this without saving)
Old April 19th, 2011 (07:13 PM).
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
omg, took a solo break today. Playing the same game over and over and over again without a break gets pretty...bleh. Lol, only 10% done.

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old April 19th, 2011 (09:31 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Well I got my Dexter challenge done, finally, only to find that Syd locked the thread...
Oh well, now I'll finish my Normal Monotype and my Hall of Fame.
Old April 19th, 2011 (09:45 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Yeah, I agree with Karpman...I mean, a DS is nice, but with a car you can get a job and make money to buy your own, and the games. :x So yeah. Plus you need a car in life more than you need a DS.
I dunno, both are pretty dangerous. A DS could leave you with a bad case of addiction and it could potentially worsen somebody's vision if used for a prolonged period of time, and a car could potentially cause death, so...

...Though if it really came down to it, I'd think the car poses more of a thread than a video game console, in which the negative side efffects could be avoided by putting down the game and doing something else completely different. Like the internet.

...But then again, isn't the internet unhealthy, too? Okay I think I'm rambling a bit here but you get my point ok. :(
Old April 19th, 2011 (09:49 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Quote:
Well I got my Dexter challenge done, finally, only to find that Syd locked the thread...
Oh well, now I'll finish my Normal Monotype and my Hall of Fame.
Yeah, I had my reasons though. :x And I should work on HoF. I tried to work on gen V the other night, but ahhh, couldn't focus. Plus, I've been having this problem with headaches lately. I'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow. I tried working on the favorite challenge earlier...hatched my Delibird finally, but didn't feel like grinding all night. :( I haaate the desert.

Quote:
I dunno, both are pretty dangerous. A DS could leave you with a bad case of addiction and it could potentially worsen somebody's vision if used for a prolonged period of time, and a car could potentially cause death, so...

...Though if it really came down to it, I'd think the car poses more of a thread than a video game console, in which the negative side efffects could be avoided by putting down the game and doing something else completely different. Like the internet.

...But then again, isn't the internet unhealthy, too? Okay I think I'm rambling a bit here but you get my point ok. :(
lmao, I love how you come into CI&D and ignore the C part of the title! :( lol u so crazy

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old April 19th, 2011 (09:52 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
lmao, I love how you come into CI&D and ignore the C part of the title! :( lol u so crazy
I would talk about Camels but I sort of live in Florida, so I can't. :(
Old April 19th, 2011 (10:00 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Bzzt! Wrong. I changed the thread title. :) Everyone has to do a mono-species run with Petilil now. :3

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links