The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Yeah sure, you can use the Rainbow theme if you want to. I primarily suggested it for that in the first place, so go ahead.

Just one thing I think you should change, would be the prosecutioner. Maybe it should be a Pokemon which has to be able to learn at least 1 physical HM and a one-hit KO move or something. That way it's more, prosecution-ish.
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:38 AM
Yams
Polursaring!

I was thinking of an RPG Challenge, based on the stereotypical medieval fantasy RPG game.

Your Warrior has to be any Pokemon that can learn Swords Dance by level up. This pokemon can only have one non-attacking move, the rest have to be physical attacking moves.

Next would be your Mage/Wizard. This pokemon is limited to Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ghost, Normal, or Psychic type. All their attacking moves must be Special, and must be different types. This pokemon must have either a base HP or Speed stat less than 75.

Third would be the Rogue. This is any pokemon that can learn Double-team by level up, as a rogue is very evasive. They also need to have at least one status move, and since every pokemon can learn toxic this shouldn't be a problem.

Next is your Ranger, which is any Pokemon that can have the Sniper ability ( It doesn't need to actually have it as a ability In-Game) or learn Lock Up by Lvl Up. If it doesn't have any of these requirments, it can be a Pokemon that learns a Physical Non-Contacting move (Bullet Seed, Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Razor Leaf, FIssure, ect.) (-chaos11011)

Fifth your Priest/Healer can be any pokemon that learns Heal Bell, or Heal Pulse via level up. Or any Pokemon that can have the Healer ability. They can only have two attacking moves at most.

Lastly your Tank. This pokemon must be able to have the ability Shell Armor, Battle Armor, or Sturdy. They can only have two attacking moves at most.

Last edited by Yams; May 1st, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old May 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
I don't really like the Ranger, since it is really restricted, and only having Klink as the Ranger in BW is really dumb.

How about this type of ranger:

Next is your ranger, which is any Pokemon that can have the Sniper ability ( It doesn't need to actually have it as a ability In-Game) or learn Lock Up by Lvl Up. If it doesn't have any of these requirments, it can be a Pokemon that learns a Physical Non-Contacting move (Bullet Seed, Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Razor Leaf, FIssure, ect.)
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Yams
Polursaring!

Edited.

Is anyone else interested in this kind of challenge?
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I wouldn't go as far as making this an entirely different challenge, but maybe a dream theme, since that's what these sorts of challenges go into. :) I would make it harder though, since it does seem a little easy for some people. The Mage would be a little difficult to pull off, since post-third generation had the physical-special split, so I would change that around. I would change the rogue to any Pokemon which can learn a status move via level up, and has a high base speed, and be able to learn Thief. The priest sounds a little difficult as well, as there are limited Pokemon for that, which means you would have to use Miltank for anything before 5th generation. I'd change that to any Pokemon which can learn Recover, Softboiled, Roost etc via level up. Tank should be a Pokemon whose both defenses are higher than both it's attacks.

As for my idea, I wouldn't mind a challenge which would eliminate most Pokemon for use. My challenge would be a challenge where you can only train Pokemon based on gender differences. So the idea would be that you have to train Pokemon which have a higer chance of being either Male, or female. You don't have to use that specific gender, but just Pokemon with the higher chance of being that gender. For instance, if you were using a female class, you would have to use Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Vulpix, whereas if you were using Pokemon which were primarily male, you could use Pokemon like any starter, or a Combee.
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
I wouldn't go as far as making this an entirely different challenge, but maybe a dream theme, since that's what these sorts of challenges go into. I would make it harder though, since it does seem a little easy for some people. The Mage would be a little difficult to pull off, since post-third generation had the physical-special split, so I would change that around. I would change the rogue to any Pokemon which can learn a status move via level up, and has a high base speed, and be able to learn Thief. The priest sounds a little difficult as well, as there are limited Pokemon for that, which means you would have to use Miltank for anything before 5th generation. I'd change that to any Pokemon which can learn Recover, Softboiled, Roost etc via level up. Tank should be a Pokemon whose both defenses are higher than both it's attacks.

As for my idea, I wouldn't mind a challenge which would eliminate most Pokemon for use. My challenge would be a challenge where you can only train Pokemon based on gender differences. So the idea would be that you have to train Pokemon which have a higer chance of being either Male, or female. You don't have to use that specific gender, but just Pokemon with the higher chance of being that gender. For instance, if you were using a female class, you would have to use Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Vulpix, whereas if you were using Pokemon which were primarily male, you could use Pokemon like any starter, or a Combee.
Would you be able to cross? Like could you have a Jigglypuff and Charmander on the same team? Or is it either "mainly female" or "mainly male"?
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:07 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I guess you could if you wanted to, but I would say have the seperate gender things for a much tougher challenge. :)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
LaureTheLoner

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to LaureTheLoner
D: I was thinking of doing one of those rpg themes as well cept mine was going to be based on the original options for Final Fantasy I (:< I kinda wanna make something for X but I'm the only one who likes that game) So I guess it would have been warrior, dark mage, white mage, and monk. I like how you classify it though, but like alternative said for the priest it needs changed up a little. I wouldn't make it any roost or recover pokemon cause that is a lot, but maybe anything with a healing attack that effects other party members, white mages also are screeners a lot of times in games like Final Fantasy X.

I still need ideas for my Super Smash Bros theme.

Also thinking of just throwing the seasons in with the dream themes

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

I have a challenge that really would be different

The Attack,Defence and Avoider challenge:

The defender will have to have moves such as tail whip,growl or any status move

They can't not do damage to the pokemon apart from poison or burnt

The attacker must be pokemon that knows 4 good moves to knock any type of pokemon out

The Avoider must be a bird pokemon that has the Fly HM and Double Team

One notice is that the defender has to battle all of the time, If it faints you must knock all your other pokemon out

Optional for harder challenge:

You have to use one type
Only allowed to use 3 poke balls in the game
No boxed pokemon
You cannot spend any money what-so-ever
You have to sell all your items you pick up throughout the game apart from Key Items and Berries, The only balls you can use are the ones at the start
You must only use each pokemon center when you first get to the town and after the gym
If choosing to spend money here are some ways to limited what you buy:
No status items must be bought
Only allowed to buy stuff from vending machines <apart from black and white as it become easier in those games to have access to a machine>
Only able to buy Ultra Balls
Only able to buy one of the custom balls
Only able to buy Full Restores and revives

Notice: The defender has to battle before the attacker an avoider and you can't switch until you use a move such a tail whip or move that status pokemon

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Last edited by LightOfTruth; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
LaureTheLoner

Rainbow theme has been added to Dream Themes

Next up:
Law & Order
Power Rangers

Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Yams
Polursaring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
I like how you classify it though, but like alternative said for the priest it needs changed up a little.
Youre right, how about if I change it to any pokemon that learns one of the following moves by level-up: Heal pulse, Heal Bell, Reflect, Light Screen, or Aromatherapy. That broadens the amount of pokemon available.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
http://www.pokecommunity.com/announc...php?f=35&a=385

Advertising this for Larry so he doesn't kill me. But yeah, if you'd like to become a mentor and you meet the requirements, send Hiidoran an application! :)

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Awesome! We could so totally bring more people to the challenge board! Little Myrrhs running around everywhere!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
Jak
baby smod

And little Syds! ...Wait. Not really sure we need those running around.

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm pretty sure one Sydian is a challenge on it's own.

lol, see what I did there? I love making puns. ♥
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Jak
baby smod

OH DERK YOU CRAZY CUCUMBER YOU! I think I'll go make little Syds with Larry. LITTLE LARRYS.

Also, I hope that me getting a possible 12 hour work day 6-7 days a week job doesn't screw me up in my own event. :| It sure would suck to make an emblem for it and to have put all the effort into making that challenge and not even get to complete it for the emblem. lmao

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

You make all the puns you want, but I like making food. I mean tonight I'm making enchilladas for dinner. I wonder how much of a challenge would be. :3
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:36 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I've gotta start my Save the Pokemon Challenge this weekend. I was wondering if the emblem had a Vaporeon on it...
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM
LaureTheLoner

I need adopted and a mentor. Those forums outside the challenge area can be scary :0

I need adopted and a mentor. Those forums outside the challenge area can be scary :0

Last edited by LaureTheLoner; May 5th, 2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

I don't need a mentor, i started exploring just a few days before that mentor thing was brought up Ø_Ø (Yea, I'm a Dane, so i can make Ø's(If you guys even can see them ))
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:37 AM
mondays suck
:)

That's cool, certainly allows for more interesting smileys than ös do. What is that even supposed to be, an eyebrow of which the middle part is missing?
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
Challenge Idea: Eevee Challenge.

all you can use is eevee and it's evos, I'm doing this on platinum, still training for first badge, although an exception may be made for a flyer even if just for getting around
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Jak
baby smod

Quote:
I've gotta start my Save the Pokemon Challenge this weekend. I was wondering if the emblem had a Vaporeon on it...
It's a surprise what it'll look like, but I can verify that Vaporeon is not in it. :[

Quote:
Challenge Idea: Eevee Challenge.

all you can use is eevee and it's evos, I'm doing this on platinum, still training for first badge, although an exception may be made for a flyer even if just for getting around
That exists though, lmao.

Old May 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I'm gonna guess it has an Umbreon on it or something... :P
I'm actually thinking of doing the Save the Pokemon challenge, but I don't know if I want to do it on Sapphire or something. I would make more restrictions for myself though, like having more shadow moves for my Pokemon. So every Pokemon would start off with three shadow moves. Every Pokemon caught at level 20 or under would have to grow 10 levels to purify one of it's moves, every Pokemon between 20-40 would be five levels, and 40+ would be two, then go for full happiness.
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Sammuthegreat
Kangaskhan

Nature: Calm
Could I please ask that someone gives me some types on the Favorite Challenge? I've already double-posted and I don't want to triple-post...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links