Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
/Flies back. <:

I'm an adventurous Swablu.

Ergh! ):< I have to many challenges. Idk which Rom is which. ;;
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I'm a busy Swablu. D: I have only a little bit of school left, but we still somehow have projects and stuff. Hopefully, I'll be able to play Colosseum and XD in time to complete my challenge.

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I'm not as busy of a Swablu as the rest of you. I'm hoping to finish my favourites challenge by the end of the week, which includes battling Alder. I'm almost at Opelucid City, which is good, and then I can focus more on the egg moves which I plan to get in my game, and play more of my other challenges. :)
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
I am a really not-so-sure (lmao) Swablu. D: After a long long school year I still have my Platinum Favorite going. What should I do ? Drop it ?

And my SS Nuzlocke... oh yeah... Chuck wiped me out completely. My Lv. 27 awesome team. Now I'm left with a bunch of leftovers. :/
Well, okay. I'm here just to chat with people. Don't really care about signatures and stuff.

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
I'm an in-and-out Swablu.

I perfected a game (Advance Wars: Days of Ruin), which made me want to perfect more games. I'm almost done with Rumble, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and I started Lego Harry Potter 1-4. I'm going to finish up LHP and FFCC and then I'll probably be back for good. Rumble is so hard, it might have the best of me.
Old May 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I don't wanna be a Swablu. I wanna me more like a Fearow, for Drill Peck or something. :P What's a flying Pokemon without Drill Peck?

Anyway, from my favourites challenge, I'm taking a break from the actual plot, and visiting all the places, for breeding some egg moves and whatnot, which I wanted to do. I'll be updating soon with my gym leader results, and what's been happening now and stuff soon I guess.
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:00 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
I don't wanna be a Swablu. I wanna me more like a Fearow, for Drill Peck or something. What's a flying Pokemon without Drill Peck?

Anyway, from my favourites challenge, I'm taking a break from the actual plot, and visiting all the places, for breeding some egg moves and whatnot, which I wanted to do. I'll be updating soon with my gym leader results, and what's been happening now and stuff soon I guess.
I notice you only have 5 pokes - aren't you supposed to get a Rhydon in the favs challenge? Where are those, anyway?

And Swablu is fine, as long as I can evolve into an Altaria...
Active Challenges:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I know I've only got five Pokemon, but if you also see, the rules state that the challenge ends when you defeat Alder, so as long as I get the Rhydon before then (which I will), I'm all good to go. :)
Old May 25th, 2011, 06:17 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Im a slow-but-steady-Swablu, i mean, I've yet to finish my first UMC, even though i started half a year ago (Maybe because I've done 9 other challenges in the meantime ) But i have the challenge champ emblem with I'm proud of :D
Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

To be honest, I think I've only ever completed one challenge, and it was the first challenge I ever did; a monotype ground on Pearl. That was such a long time ago, so probably back in 2009 when I did that challenge, before this place was born.

Anyway, I thought this might be an idea for a challenge, similar to the Kickin' it Old School challenge. It's similar to that challenge, but you have to use Pokemon purely from another region, so it'd help if you could trade, or hack if you're on an emulator. So if you were playing Sapphire, you'd have to use either all Pokemon introduced in the first, or second generation.
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Enigma
Community Supporter

I think as soon as school ends, I'll finally be getting back to that personal 151 solo challenge. I'm actually trying to decide whether to do one right now or not, since I've actually gotten some free time. :P
Now that I think about it, I have a three day weekend as well, so I may do a few each day. Like, 8 or so, if I work hard enough. 8 Each day.

Old May 27th, 2011, 03:45 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

^ Wow...

My reading holiday has started :D In Denmark we have a "reading holiday", with is from end of May to summer holiday, where we only have exams. In other words: A month with only a few schooldays :D

I like how we have 5 holidays a year where i live, even though that means a shorter summer holidays (I mean, 6 weeks is still much )
Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:55 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
OMG I LOVE SWABLU~

One thing:

m u s t f i n i s h s a v e t h e p o k e m o n c h a l l e n g e
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I've been wanting to think of a new challenge, and as I walked by the trading card section in Target an idea hit me: a challenge where you choose a set of Pokemon cards from here (under Card Scans in the column on the left) and you can only use Pokemon from that set. Some restrictions could be having to have the moves that are on the card on your Pokemon, not using legendaries, using a game from the generation that the set was made, or using only items that are in the set. I'm sure someone could come up with other ideas for restrictions, but I want to see what other people think of this idea.
< < < I know you want these lumps
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I'm a big fluffy Altaria. :) Anyway, I like that challenge idea, deku. :o Maybe not the item idea though. I think you could list a few more challenging options, similar to how the Nuzlocke has options like nicknaming everything and such. There are soooo many sets though. I think for signing up, the Swablu should link to a page listing all the cards in that set. I might actually try this challenge, it seems fun, especially since I used to love the TCG. Too bad I can't use what's in the decks I built on my own though. lol ALSO. I'm thinking of buying an English White since I don't plan on restarting my Japanese. :)

paired to crono
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Enigma
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
I've been wanting to think of a new challenge, and as I walked by the trading card section in Target an idea hit me: a challenge where you choose a set of Pokemon cards from here (under Card Scans in the column on the left) and you can only use Pokemon from that set. Some restrictions could be having to have the moves that are on the card on your Pokemon, not using legendaries, using a game from the generation that the set was made, or using only items that are in the set. I'm sure someone could come up with other ideas for restrictions, but I want to see what other people think of this idea.
This sounds pretty fun. If you were to start it, then I'd definitely join up. knowing me, I'd probably do it with every single set.

Old May 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I'm a big fluffy Altaria. :) Anyway, I like that challenge idea, deku. :o Maybe not the item idea though. I think you could list a few more challenging options, similar to how the Nuzlocke has options like nicknaming everything and such. There are soooo many sets though. I think for signing up, the Swablu should link to a page listing all the cards in that set. I might actually try this challenge, it seems fun, especially since I used to love the TCG. Too bad I can't use what's in the decks I built on my own though. lol ALSO. I'm thinking of buying an English White since I don't plan on restarting my Japanese. :)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the item thing would work or not. There are 48 sets, but I don't think that is too many and by using just one it will limit you quite a bit (especially if you choose one such as Team Magma vs. Team Aqua over Jungle, it just depends on what difficulty level people want). I think that using the PokeBeach site would be fine for linking to because it lists all of the current sets and gives scans for each card. I thought about letting people use their own sets but there would be no way to limit it D:. I'm looking for a full list of offically released Theme decks, but I'm having trouble finding one. I think if we can find a complete list of them, we could limit it by that which would provide further limitation than complete sets. Bulbapedia looks pretty good. Maybe go here, choose either Original, Gym, Neo, e-Card, EX, Delta, Diamond and Pearl, Platinum, HGSS, or BW, or Other, then click one of the links under whatever you chose and see what theme decks it has and choose one of those. Its kind of drawn out, but it is the best place I could find.

note: I'm working on the thread for this challenge, so no one make one please :)

Last edited by Gulpin; May 28th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

If you're talking about a TCG challenge, based on only using Pokemon from a certain deck type, then I'd be all good for that. It'd give me a reason to start my Soulsilver again, which is always nice. :D
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

It is a TCG challenge, Alternative. By the way, I sent the thread in which brings me to my next suggestion, a 'Check to see if your challenge has been accepted' thread, similar to how the RP sections has one for roleplays and how (I think) the club areas have one for club makers to know.
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I know Other Clubs doesn't have one, but seriously, that's a good idea. I don't think it should be anything like the Role Playing thread in any way, as that's actually active, but have just a simple directory thing, so if you're looking for a certain challenge, you can go straight there. If you think of a good challenge idea and it isn't in the list, feel free to make it. If it's not too hard, Sydian could make an update every week for challenges that have been accepted and add them to the list.
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Yeah a directory would be great. I'm not sure of the amount of new threads get submitted a week here, but we probably wouldn't need the original thread I mentioned, just a directory updated every week with new challenges and ones that died. I wouldn't mind making one if Syd allowed it.
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

I think if this place had more challenges coming in, then I'd make one. Depends on the roll in. But tbh, it'd be more like a wall of shame, because most challenges that await approval are from people with no posts and are likely to never even come back to this section (or PC as a whole) to even check if they're approved. And most are neglected from the start, with the challenger not even partaking. That's the downfall to most unapproved challenges, really.

paired to crono
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Is that to the See if your challenge has been accepted thread, or the directory idea, because I think the directory could work really well. It's not really a wall of shame, as it's just showing those challenges which already exist, and is also a reference guide to challenges which have already been created, so there aren't any like that in the future.
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Oh, lmao. I was talking about the "see if you challenge has been approved" thread. That would be such a wall of shame. XD Directory thread/Challenge index I used to think was a bad idea, but that was back before there were so many challenges. I could whip a thread up within this week or something though. Perhaps Friday, since I'll be rushing a challenge tomorrow and I'll have class the next two days (yeah, my one month of summer was p fun I guess lmao /no life). I'll provide a nice description of each challenge and make it pretty, I reckon~ I LIKED THINGS TO BE DETAILED AND AESTHETICALLY PLEASING because burning eyes is bad.

paired to crono
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Well I'm doing practically nothing over the next however many days until I land myself a job, so I could easily whip something up and PM you what I make or something? :3
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here