Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 24th, 2012 (03:30 AM).
[untitled]

Nature: Docile
Remember last year when Syd was trying to "Hall of Fame" all of the Unova Dex Pokemon? Yeah, I'm doing a simmilar challenge in which I must capture every new Pokemon I find and have all of the Pokemon at the same level (The lowest level Pokemon and the highest level Pokemon cannot have more than a 5 level diference).

I have a feeling this challenge will get extremely challenging/tedious once I get to Brycen/Drayden and have 40+ Pokemon to train :U
Old January 24th, 2012 (03:41 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by chaos11011:
Remember last year when Syd was trying to "Hall of Fame" all of the Unova Dex Pokemon? Yeah, I'm doing a simmilar challenge in which I must capture every new Pokemon I find and have all of the Pokemon at the same level (The lowest level Pokemon and the highest level Pokemon cannot have more than a 5 level diference).

I have a feeling this challenge will get extremely challenging/tedious once I get to Brycen/Drayden and have 40+ Pokemon to train :U
I did a Hall of Fame Challenge as well and beat Syd >:3 But Syd unnecessarily has all the Pokémon's levels raised to 70+, which isn't needed, I only trained mine to 60.
Old January 24th, 2012 (04:21 AM).
[untitled]

Nature: Docile
Yeah, I remember you said you did it aswell. Congrats if you finished it!

Right now, I just beat Chili (Snivy ftw?) and caught Munna. I now have 7 team members. Going to transfer my 11 Pokemon from my brother's White Version that I transfered from my Black Version to the game .-.
Old January 24th, 2012 (07:17 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Trying? Trying?! Succeeding, yo. Still working on it.

Quote:
I did a Hall of Fame Challenge as well and beat Syd >:3 But Syd unnecessarily has all the Pokémon's levels raised to 70+, which isn't needed, I only trained mine to 60.
We weren't in a race, especially since we had different standards, lmfao. I included Petilil, and the three event Pokemon that aren't released and I go to level 70, most of the time. Trying not to do that this round because the Excadrill I have is level 81. Do I REALLY need level 70s alongside that? No, I don't. lol And it's not "unnecessary" leveling. I like being overlevel, so in my world, it's perfectly fine. Get yo facts straight.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old January 25th, 2012 (01:13 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
We weren't in a race, especially since we had different standards, lmfao. I included Petilil, and the three event Pokemon that aren't released and I go to level 70, most of the time. Trying not to do that this round because the Excadrill I have is level 81. Do I REALLY need level 70s alongside that? No, I don't. lol And it's not "unnecessary" leveling. I like being overlevel, so in my world, it's perfectly fine. Get yo facts straight.
I used Petilil too at lv60...

I know we weren't a race, I'm just generally competitive. xD And believe me, I like being overlevelled too, all my team was on lv64 before I challenged the E4 on White the first time.
Old January 25th, 2012 (01:18 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

I took in an underleveled Watchog lol. I was ready to just get that team over with and get back on track with this challenge. I should be finishing it by March if everything goes well. :D And I'm competitive as well, but to the point where I'll get really mad at people, so I just like to not think of myself in competition with anyone. XD Otherwise I'd be angry all the time! ...And we don't want that... :3

pair
Old January 25th, 2012 (01:27 PM).
Crystal Tier

I took in an underleveled Watchog lol. I was ready to just get that team over with and get back on track with this challenge. I should be finishing it by March if everything goes well. :D And I'm competitive as well, but to the point where I'll get really mad at people, so I just like to not think of myself in competition with anyone. XD Otherwise I'd be angry all the time! ...And we don't want that... :3
You could've raised that Watchog to lv100, it would've still been pretty useless other than statusing other Pokémon. I suppose that thought of competition made me work harder at it.
Old January 25th, 2012 (03:25 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Watchog was good against...wild Audino. lol Also, I'd like to know what everyone's up to! What challenges y'all are doing and what not. :) I'm doing Hall of Fame, Tier, Christian, and a shiny run. So...busy as usual with these. Working on Tier challenge right now though, cause I've had a hankering to play Gold lately haha. About to go and face Morty.

pair
Old January 25th, 2012 (03:27 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Well, I'm starting my Random Pokemon Challenge. I'm also doing a non-official Nuzlocke Challenge (non official as in not posting on any threads) in Crystal. Other than that, nothing. I'm trying to keep myself limited as to how many i do at one time, that way i can keep up with myself on it all.
Old January 25th, 2012 (08:17 PM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
I'm still working on soloing with all 88 fully evolved pokemon in Red/Blue.

Other than that, I just finished a Nuzlocke on Silver, and a Duo on Gold.

Pretty much doing everything that's on the first two gens.
Old January 26th, 2012 (01:19 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys,

So haven't played for ages and am getting back into the games and am looking for a challenge. And then I stumbled upon this gem on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bHkEacbFXk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

For those who don't want to watch it, here's what it basically is:
Since you CANNOT exit Pewter before defeating Brock, this guy filled his pokedex to the MAX before he did so. Eg:
Starter line FE level 36
Pidgey line level 36
Nido m&f level 16
Butterfree. level 10
Beedrill. level 10
Pikachu
Spearow. level 20

Pretty sure thats all of it.

Anyway, so here's the challenge: do this for EVERY region, and also before EVERY gym. Everyone will have exactly the same result, but I reckon I might give it a go. Maybe on Sapphire or Ruby.

What do you guys reckon?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 26th, 2012 (08:40 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

I guess you could go for that! I personally wouldn't haha. The grinding would be insane, and doing that in BW would be nearly impossible...oh Lord...haha.

pair
Old January 26th, 2012 (09:45 AM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by mamoswineftw:
you CANNOT exit Pewter before defeating Brock
Actually, you can, albeit only by a glitch:

Old January 26th, 2012 (03:39 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Fine, be that way....

Alright, WITHOUT glitching you can't do it. Still, I was thinking it over, and the sheer scope of it is intimidating. In Hoenn I think it's around 35 or so. What have I got myself into???

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 26th, 2012 (07:08 PM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Also you forgot Rattata.

I grinded a Charmander to 36 for a Zard once without delivering Oak's Parcel. It was over a ~2 week span. Didn't want to play too much to tire myself out.
Old January 27th, 2012 (08:06 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

I wouldn't have the patience for that. I barely have the patience to get this Dratini in Gold to level 20, let alone 30. lol

pair
Old January 27th, 2012 (08:34 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

^That's why I pop those babies in the Daycare, get on my bike, and travel up and down from Goldenrod to the Route over and over again. Especially if I'm using an emulator. Super speed + Bike = VERY fast level up. It's really helpful in challenges and whatnot.
Old January 27th, 2012 (05:30 PM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
^That's why I pop those babies in the Daycare, get on my bike, and travel up and down from Goldenrod to the Route over and over again. Especially if I'm using an emulator. Super speed + Bike = VERY fast level up. It's really helpful in challenges and whatnot.
Don't really know why I don't try this. I guess most challenges are easy enough without bike grinding for me.
Old January 27th, 2012 (06:17 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by myrrhman:
Don't really know why I don't try this. I guess most challenges are easy enough without bike grinding for me.
I really only do it for Pokemon with a slow experience rate. Other than that I'll train off of Tentacool/cruel. Miltank and Tauros are beautiful for it, too.
Old January 30th, 2012 (03:22 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
I've done this a once before. It was the only thing I could do while I was at school, with my laptop screen at an unseeable angle, with my keys on the arrows going back and forth while listening to the teacher. You just have to be careful to make sure that a move that you want doesn't get taught over in the older gens.
Old January 31st, 2012 (06:57 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
I've done this a once before. It was the only thing I could do while I was at school, with my laptop screen at an unseeable angle, with my keys on the arrows going back and forth while listening to the teacher. You just have to be careful to make sure that a move that you want doesn't get taught over in the older gens.
Ugh, that's the most annoying part. Having to go to their moves, switch them around to the moves I don't care about them losing, going back a few levels later, take them out, switch moves again, rinse, repeat...
It got annoying. But once I sat for ten minutes with my emulator on hyper speed for yellow, and my Lapras grew fifty levels. So it was pretty boss.
Old February 2nd, 2012 (08:59 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

But moneyyy. :( Unless you're doing this in post game, then sure, that's fine. But money is hard to come by, especially in GSC it seems. Then again, I was scraping for coins and blowing my money constantly...lol

pair
Old February 2nd, 2012 (09:03 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

But moneyyy. :( Unless you're doing this in post game, then sure, that's fine. But money is hard to come by, especially in GSC it seems. Then again, I was scraping for coins and blowing my money constantly...lol
I never bought anything until I reached Goldenrod anyway, so I'd usually have around 15k. :'D
So i had plenty to spare for a few levels. But yeah, unless you do what i did, money is always hard for those games. Everybody is poor in Johto.
Old February 2nd, 2012 (10:29 PM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

I usually buy an Abra from the game corner (200 coins, = 4,000) and the three punches (3,000 each), so I have 13,000 total, but then I backtrack and beat all the trainers between Ilex Forest and Goldenrod, as well as the trainers between National Park and Goldenrod. SO I'm sure I'd have another 2K at least from all that.
Old February 3rd, 2012 (12:21 AM).
Crystal Tier

I know what you mean about the money. Though it's only really a concern when you buy things from the Game Corner, those darn TMs in G/S/C and Dratini in R/B.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)