The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Aquila
Trainer

Well, basicly this thread is just a cry of irritation as once again it seems that the new Pokemon will be exaggerated with random objects and signs infiltrated in their being/body(whatever you call it). I have seen the new pokemon starters and legendarys and find them together with the 4th generation massivly exaggerated and too "fancy". The reason I like Pokemon, is mainly because of the 1st and 2nd generation who had simple pokemon with no "ultra"-shields and random trees on their back. There are of course some exceptions in the 4th generation, but they are rare. Pokemon is getting uglier every generation.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
NotchedEarPichu
The Best Friend Of A Lifetime

I agree with you all the way
Good point
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I completely agree with you, the third generation went a little bit off the rails but OMG the fourth completely killed it.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Romantica
the danger in starting a fire

Nature: Impish
I miss the original styles too. But at the same time it's always interesting to see what they come up with. I just hate when they start to look like Digimon or something off of the those other shows.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Aquila
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantica View Post
I miss the original styles too. But at the same time it's always interesting to see what they come up with. I just hate when they start to look like Digimon or something off of the those other shows.
Like Dialga and Palkia. Unnecessary if you ask me.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Shiny Shaymin
I laugh at your misfortune.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post
I completely agree with you, the third generation went a little bit off the rails but OMG the fourth completely killed it.
^ Excactly. First and second gens were fine, in the the third it started to get a little weird… but Diamond and Pearl just killed Pokémon. I really hate how complicated the new legendaries are, and even the starters are a bit too detailed.

Quote:
The reason I like Pokemon, is mainly because of the 1st and 2nd generation who had simple pokemon with no "ultra"-shields and random trees on their back.
Same here. Around the same time Pokémon came out, things like Yugioh and Digimon came out too… and they just seemed to “fancy” to me, so I went with Pokemon. I really hope the other Pokémon don’t get as over complicated as Digimon. It’ll really ruin it.

PC Family:
Big Brother: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=212572
Little Brother: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=180753
Partner in Crime: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=212621
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
ichuesther
The girl with the Charizard.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to ichuesther Send a message via Skype™ to ichuesther
Like I said in another thread, I can't limit appearances in Pokemon.
I have to admit there is a slight change in how the Pokemon look, but I don't see anything bad about it.
I think the new Pokemon look awesome (aside from the starter pokemon, but whatever), but that's just my opinion.
And I do somewhat agree with you, I do like the older generation Pokemon better than the current ones ^-^
"For Charizard."
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Electrovenom
Often lost in thought

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Well, basicly this thread is just a cry of irritation as once again it seems that the new Pokemon will be exaggerated with random objects and signs infiltrated in their being/body(whatever you call it). I have seen the new pokemon starters and legendarys and find them together with the 4th generation massivly exaggerated and too "fancy". The reason I like Pokemon, is mainly because of the 1st and 2nd generation who had simple pokemon with no "ultra"-shields and random trees on their back. There are of course some exceptions in the 4th generation, but they are rare. Pokemon is getting uglier every generation.
Well said and I agree. Though there are some exceptions as you say. I quite like the Shinx family.

Monotype Challenge - Electric - Soul Silver

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
WriteThemWrong
LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice

Nature: Lax
pokemon in general is getting more complex. as more pokemon are added the new ones have to have something that sets them apart from the old ones. besides, once pokemon established itself it was free to experiment and be creative, now that's a sign of progress if you ask me
It's hard talking to cactus.

I think my head is dying
It's like being trapped in a room of smells
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
Horizon
The wanderer.
Community Supporter

Better get used to change, people.
Ex-D/P/P Moderator ~ FC: 1547-5175-5150
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hybrid Trainer

I just thought, it isnt really the games fault. its the consoles fault. if it werent for the increase in the graphics quality they would still have simple sprites and not these weired complicated ones they have now that look like Digimon.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:15 PM
WriteThemWrong
LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post
I just thought, it isnt really the games fault. its the consoles fault. if it werent for the increase in the graphics quality they would still have simple sprites and not these weired complicated ones they have now that look like Digimon.
so you'd wanna play variations of pokemon with the same graphics as red and blue?
It's hard talking to cactus.

I think my head is dying
It's like being trapped in a room of smells
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Storm_has_formed
"The Storm is here!!!"

Nature: Naive
what is with all these digimon comparisons! I honestly do not see why people complain about the designs. If it stayed simplistic people will complain about the lack of interesting ideas, so no matter what they do not everyone will be satisfied. Could you honestly say that they could have made 500+ simple designs?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hybrid Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
so you'd wanna play variations of pokemon with the same graphics as red and blue?
i wouldnt mind that at all.
i still play the classics cos there so cool looking.

-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
1st gen is good, but the Pokemon are a bit simple. Just look at Persian, it's literally just a mountain lion with a gem on its head. Rapidash is a horse with a fiery mane, Pidgey is just a bird.

2nd and 3rd had it right. Some of the 3rd gen Pokemon were strange but it was a good batch.

4th is garbage, I don't even want to talk about it.

I'm liking the 5th gen Pokemon so far. They're looking better than the 4th, at least. My favorites are Zekrom and Smugleaf.

Paired to cr4y

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
KejiBebi
aishiteru

Nature: Lonely
Most of them are quite ugly, the voices are weird in the anime, and the names are unoriginal. But no matter what I'll keep buying the games and playing them, as there are always exceptions and always ones that I do happen to like. :3 (although there were many more that I liked in the 1st and 2nd gens)

~"Don't call my name, Don't call my name, Alejandro"~
Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
shookie
Often scatters things.

Nature: Quiet
This happens with every media franchise. This argument can also be equally supported on both sides. Honestly Horizon pretty much summed up the entire point pretty well.

If Pokémon followed the same guidelines as they had in the first generation, as in, they kept the same design ideas, then people would complain that the future designs look too similar. It's bound to happen eventually when they start breaching numbers in the thousands, but that's better than in the hundreds. If they had the same exact graphics while technology around them kept expanding, then they'd be considered obsolete really quickly.

Also, the one-up they have on Digimon is the fact that every species of Digimon have extremely similar characteristics, the most obvious being the eyes. Nearly every family of Pokémon have different face and body styles even between their own evolutions, so they're all unique in a way.

Signature drawn by me.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
You know, if you stop complaining about the new pokemon just because they're not just like the original pokemon, and just play the games as casually as you played the original games, the new pokemon will grow on you. >_>

I hated the genIV pokemon when they were all leaked, but I'm indifferent at worst to most of them. =/

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
blazez3212
Person Behind You

I actually like the first 3 gens and alittle of the 4th but guys just think of would like like them to created 5 gens of pokemon game with only 2 gens of th same pokes its best for a little change + digimon was crap from the beginning Digimon was based off pokemon so anyways get used to the change that will come

Name: Brendan
SS FC: 2150-0648-8069
Platinum Freind Code 1333- 8622- 7386
Battle Revolution Friend Code:4168-6050-0931
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
SinisterEternity
→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Community Supporter Tier 3

Yes I do agree that the two first generations look better than the 4th and 5th one. :/
I actually like Reshiram and Tsutaja though !
BUT I wonder how the new Pokemon of Isshu will look like ">__>

Chit-chatting

A Redtail's Dream
The Super Smash Bros Club

Theme
Looking for
My Deviantart
My FC(s)

Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
RyanGT
Forum Elder

I remember the days when there was no such thing as EVs, IVs, Natures, or even Shiny Pokemon. Ahh those were the good old days of simple Pokemon.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Niprop
The Fighting Porygon Team

Nature: Quirky
They show up from time to time. Porygon-Z and Drifloon are perfect examples of simplistic Pokémon from generation IV, and I'm sure Black and White will have their own simple Pokémon too.
"Geodudes are really tough."- Random kid from Pokémon Commercial
"Dragonite for the win!"- Lance
"Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!"- Random kid from other Pokémon Commercial
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Raikt
Fiction writer.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to Raikt
Uh, so you remember when Pokemon didn't exist? Even if they were called something else, EV's and IV's have always been in Pokemon, along with shinies. This includes Generation I.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:14 PM
shookie
Often scatters things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwo. View Post
I remember the days when there was no such thing as EVs, IVs, Natures, or even Shiny Pokemon. Ahh those were the good old days of simple Pokemon.
EVs and IVs have always existed in some capacity :p they're just in a much more comprehensible structure now.

Signature drawn by me.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
beca
◔_____◔
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to beca
It's mainly the names that I find a bit...over the top. I mean come on, Regigigas? o_o that could be Quagmire's new catchphrase.
Floaroma Town isn't much better either. The simple ones like Cerulean City were fine xD
But hey, at this point I'd have ran out of ideas too.

HG Friend Code - 2838 0040 0210
Black Friend Code - 1120 0113 3618
X Friend Code - 0920 0825 2286

◔____◔
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links