The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:10 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I've seen lots of Pokemon or Digimon stories, so what if the two series mixed?!
Old May 30th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
It's happened millions of times over - this sort of story, where one series meets another, is called a "crossover". Feel free to try; they can sometimes come out very well.
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
I'd read it, I guess. Seriously.
-Vladimir Lenin
Old May 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
darkpokeball

Sorry, I'm not very good with Digimon. This was an idea for somebody else to take. If somebody was good with Digimon and Pokemon, feel free to write this story.
Old May 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Just like any random Digimon and Pokemon plot? Doesn't matter if it's humourous crack or a serious plot?

Because there are so many out there on the Internet already. If you want to read about any crossover fic with those two canons, it's out there.
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:51 PM
miley810
Assassin

Nature: Jolly
I love those kind of stories.Somebody needs to right one on here.

Card Captor Sakura ★ April

Miley ★ BFF // Cousin // Siblings
Sig Credit: Fire Heart (thanks sis!)

My vampire brother: ShinyDiamond
My vampire sister: PinkSapphire
My Pair: Nonexistant...Besides anime characters of course
Old June 5th, 2010, 10:15 PM
darkpokeball

i love crossovers, but Digimon and Pokemon...well...it just seemed to fit naturally. However, I stink with Digimon. All I know about it is that it has a tv show and video games and there's this orange dinosaur thing.
@Astinus, I prefer suspense and action with a little bit of humor. Those stories are wonderful.
Old June 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Delusions of Originality
like a thunderbolt

Nature: Quiet
If that's all you know about Digimon then it's probably a bad idea for you to write a crossover--you're not going to be able to make sure that the two series are meshing well if you don't know much about one of them. Unless they are deliberately intended to be terrible, crossovers do not work if the creator isn't knowledgeable enough to portray both accurately. I also suspect you won't enjoy yourself as much if you're trying to write something with which you're so unfamiliar. If you want to write a crossover between Pokémon and another monster-battling-or-similar series... are there any others that you know better? Monster Rancher? Yu-Gi-Oh!? Cardcaptor Sakura? Maybe even Zatch Bell?

the dcNET Phoenixdex: Delusion/Phoenix's unnecessarily massive personal fakedex and fanregion project

new! work your way through the battle tower with actual Phoenixdex fakemon! try the EOC Tower Demo and get your kraitra rain sweep on today!

sprite in avatar/userbar by bluwiikoon

Other exciting things to click for fun and profit
///
Delusions's Art Thread | The Demented Chicken Network | Outrage (a one-shot) \\\
Old June 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
darkpokeball

I can write a crossover between Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokemon, which should be easy. Or maybe Mario and Pokemon. Hmm....possibly I could have AkatsukiKisame(creator of Shippuden Showdown which I really hope is being approved in "The Showcase" help me with Pokemon meets Naruto since he's good with Naruto. Sure, I could write one. But the Digimon meets Pokemon crossover is for someone to take. Anybody. Anyways, expect to see a multi-crossover story from me coming soon.
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Yowzer, those sound really random and...well, tbh, I have no idea how they'll work together in any serious way. Might want to try reading this, posted on another crossover idea thread, to get an idea of how a crossover works and how you should go about writing it or something. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links