The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 6th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Forever
let it go

In the earlier games, there were apricorns such as white, pink... and berries such as psncureberry and przcureberry. Then, in Gen 3 we got introduced to more advanced berries with different uses such as Pecha and Oran. In Gen 4 we had to plant the berries in pots within our bags rather than actually planting them around the region. This brings us to the question of berries in Gen 5.

Do you think the berries in these games will be spread around the region once more? Did that make it more enjoyable for you? Do you think new types of berries will be introduced to have more variety in B/W? Do you think the apricorn system will make a comeback in this generation? What if there's no berries? Though that would be quite unlikely.

But yeah, share your views on how berries will play a role in B/W.
Old June 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Magmarizer
Hitokiri Battōsai

Nature: Relaxed
I think we will have the same old berries from gen3, becuase there really isnt any way to improve them, i think. I hope that you can plant berrys throught the reigon though.
Old June 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
Berries shall return, and hopefully contests will return. But not the crappy contests of Sinnoh, something more along the lines of the Pokeathlon but different.
Old June 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Elise
ニャーニャー

Nature: Quirky
I miss planting berries! I surely hope that they bring them back in full force! (:

http://imakaru-chan.deviantart.com/
^ My DA account!
Old June 6th, 2010, 10:47 PM
JakeG
Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!

Nature: Brave
I think they will be the same as Gen II/IV but just a few more added.
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:42 AM
xshadowblitzx
Beginning Trainer

hmm maybe they'll bring in crushing berries to make medicine like potions and stuff but if not then same as Gen III please.
Old June 7th, 2010, 03:58 AM
A Pixy
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
Maybe we would have a garden where we can plant all the berries it can hold. And maybe, since their going all out with the graphics and stuff, we can see the berries IN 3D and see if it's bruised or brown or anything. o3o
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:49 AM
DarkSlayer1331
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DarkSlayer1331 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkSlayer1331 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkSlayer1331
I would like the garden idea. There could be a garden in every town or something, and each garden can hold up to like 10 berry plants. With the contests, I didn't like the Pokeathalon, and was not a fan of Sinnoh's at all. I say let's go back to the Hoenn contests!

"People have been talking at me the past few days. Everyone just lining up to tell me how unimportant I am. And I finally figured out why. Power. I have it. They don't. This bothers them." - Buffy

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping, waiting, and though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir. Open it's jaws, and howl. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we can live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we'd be truly dead." - Angel
Old June 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
Berries are to pokemon like peanut butter is to jelly..We will definitely see them coming back in black & white. I really liked the berry pots in HGSS, partially due to me not having to travel around the whole region to plant berries and or forgetting what ones I planted, so they should definitely be brought back. Though I feel as if berry pots were only used because Johto originally never had berries, so in black & white we may be back to planting them around the region.
Old June 7th, 2010, 08:53 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Berry will return as a improvement tool to both contest stat and Pokeathlon stat booster. will, it will be better if they letting us have our own berries farm, to save some time.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old June 7th, 2010, 08:55 AM
shookie
Often scatters things.

Nature: Quiet
I don't know what it is about berries, but I love them for some reason. It might just be my inner OCD need to have every single one and to collect them, but I'd love if they had them in B&W. I don't know what they would include, though, since it seems like they cover most of the bases already. Maybe some cheaper alternative to vitamins? You could create poffins that give 5 EVs each or something.
I'd also like if they brought in something new, like...potatoes, or some other kind of produce. You know, just to be a little different.

Signature drawn by me.

Old June 7th, 2010, 01:12 PM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
I like the "berries spread around the world" better than just keeping them in a case like in HGSS. I hope they can expand the wonders of berries. Like crushing certain berries to make some hyper potions or even rare candies. Now that I would like to see.
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Like the majority have already said, Berries are likely to make a return. As for improvement? There really isn't much to improve on. We have berries used for mixing which serve no purpose outside of that, we have berries great for battle and status fixture, and with that we have berries perfect for reducing misused or unwanted EVs. I can only see a few more berries added to the variety beyond this, and possibly a few new purposes for them.

As for where they might go, I'm probably leaning to them being spread amongst the region again, but I'd prefer them in a Berry Pot like those in HG/SS. I liked this concept because I didn't have to go traveling all over to find where I planted my pre-existing berries, and it's so much easier to focus on too. Though, if it goes back to being across the region, then I'll be alright with it. I've gotten used to it since playing through 3rd and 4th Gen so long now, I guess it making a return after the new deal in HG/SS won't hurt.
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Jerme
stupid

it was only in hg/ss where we had the pots. it was convienient but i liked planting them around the region so i could travel
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Benjamin510
The King of Typio's!

Nature: Adamant
We have the spread around the region....... But with, BW coming how about the new thing... Telling us when our berries grew and where.

Hall of Quotes
Spoiler:
"WE ALREADY HAVE THAT, IT'S CALLED BULBAPEDIA"
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Jerme
stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin510 View Post
We have the spread around the region....... But with, BW coming how about the new thing... Telling us when our berries grew and where.
i think there was a poketch app that did that
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
I think they should bring back the E-reader berries from Generation 3 and let you obtain them normally.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:22 PM
vietazn654
A sound soul dwells within me

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to vietazn654 Send a message via Yahoo to vietazn654
The region looks very advanced, so I don't know if they'll bring them back. Maybe the Berry Pot thing again. Or maybe they'll create a new idea instead of berries.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Jerme
stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietazn654 View Post
The region looks very advanced, so I don't know if they'll bring them back. Maybe the Berry Pot thing again. Or maybe they'll create a new idea instead of berries.
seeing how we only have about 3 screenies of places, thats not right. you act like the whole game takes place in a city..it might be like real life, river walk, country side, big city, mountains etc.
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:34 PM
vietazn654
A sound soul dwells within me

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to vietazn654 Send a message via Yahoo to vietazn654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerme View Post
seeing how we only have about 3 screenies of places, thats not right. you act like the whole game takes place in a city..it might be like real life, river walk, country side, big city, mountains etc.
yea i know. but i do think that they should make up a new thing, since berrirs have been used for the first 4 generations.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietazn654 View Post
yea i know. but i do think that they should make up a new thing, since berrirs have been used for the first 4 generations.
Three, actually. They were introduced in the second generation. And they've become such a staple of the canons (even the anime and perhaps manga) that they aren't just going to disappear. They're very simple to use in the game.

I actually prefer having the berries grown in the Berry Pots key item. They were right there as I traveled around, so I could keep an eye on them better. All I had to do was open the item menu and there they were. Compared to spreading them throughout the region, though, I had to remember about them, use the Poketech app to make sure that they were still growing, and then fly around to check on them/harvest them. I lost a few berries from just plain forgetting about them. Besides, sometimes, I just don't have a Pokemon with Fly on my team.

Still wouldn't be bothered if the Berry Pots were gone and we could only grow across the region.

As for new berries, there really aren't any I can see them including. As Hiiro said, we already have berries for all sorts of purposes.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:49 AM
BHwolfgang
kamikorosu

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to BHwolfgang Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BHwolfgang Send a message via Skype™ to BHwolfgang
My opinions are mixed. In HeartGold & SoulSilver, it was easy to grow berries because they are always with you in the berry pot. However, I sometime missed planting the many berries that I always used to.

Perhaps in Gen. V, things could be reversed. Instead of growing berries in a berry pot, one would grow apricorns. :)
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:00 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHwolfgang View Post
My opinions are mixed. In HeartGold & SoulSilver, it was easy to grow berries because they are always with you in the berry pot. However, I sometime missed planting the many berries that I always used to.

Perhaps in Gen. V, things could be reversed. Instead of growing berries in a berry pot, one would grow apricorns.
Apricorn that can act like berries? improving pokeathlon stat and contest stat? I think i like it

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:42 PM
MistahDude
Primate Pokemon Master

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to MistahDude
I really hope they bring berry growing back. I liked being able to get a lot of good held items very easily.

Check out my Youtube Channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Boarbeque
Check out my Twitter!: http://www.twitter.com/Boarbeque
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Berries never really did play an important factor to me whenever I played Pokemon except for the fact that some of them really helped me a lot when it comes to battling and EV training. Other than that, if they introduce new berries, that's good. But whether they do or don't, it won't really impact me whatsoever.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links