The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old February 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Co500
You think you're strong? You're not.
Community Supporter

Pokemon Johto Adventures - Rebirth

Basic Info
Name: Pokemon Johto Adventures
Author: Co500
Hack of: FireRed

Features
#Return to Johto
#Adventure through the episodes of the Johto Saga (Seasons 3,4 and 5 of the Anime)
#Meet and travel with characters such as Brock,Misty,Casey,Pikachu, and many more!
#New, interesting scripts
#New maps
#Catch pokemon that Ash catches in the Anime...or catch your favorites

Reason for Creation
This being the revival of the hack most of you know why I made this but just in case you don't:
I saw that many people are trying to make hacks for the 1st season of the Anime, but I thought "what about the 3rd season and onwards?" Maybe it's because people are too lazy to remap Johto or people haven't thought of the idea. I made this hack to show these people that an anime hack doesn't have to be about the first season. I also wanted people to experience the Johto episodes, and hopefully I will succeed.

Story
Most of us have watched the Anime, therefore we know the basic jist of the storyline. You are Ash Ketchum (or whatever name you choose ). Your dream is to become a Pokemon Master, and to accomplish that you must win the Johto League by collecting the 8 badges of gyms scattered throughout the region. The story begins when you arrive at a mysterious path on the way to New Bark Town. On your adventure, expect to relive the Anime moments that we all love...from seeing a suicune to battling Harrison in the Johto Silver Conference. However, there have been reports that 3 people (or 2 and a pokemon....) have made it to Johto and are up to no good...can they be the silly Team Rocket with the bad jokes that followed you around Kanto? We'll just have to wait and see...

Screen Shots
Spoiler:

Completed Episodes
Spoiler:
Don't Touch That Dile
The Double Trouble Header
A Sappy Ending
~~~~~~~~
Alpha 1
~~~~~~~~
Roll On, Pokemon!
Illusion Confusion
Flower Power
Spinarak Attack
Snubbull Snobbery
The Little Big Horn
~~~~~~~~
Alpha 2[/s]
~~~~~~~~
Chikorita Rescue
Once in a Blue Moon
The Whistle Stop
Ignorance is Blissey
A Bout With Sprout
Fighting Flyer With Fire
~~~~~~~~
Beta 1
~~~~~~~~
For Crying Out Loud
Tanks A Lot!
Charizard's Burning Ambition
Grin to Win!
~~~~~~~~
Beta 2
~~~~~~~~

Downloads!
Alpha 2.1

Bugs
For this part when I release the new ips (hopefully on the 4th) I would like the community to tell me every glitch, error, or freezing that occurs during your play through. If its a text error could you please post a screen shot as that would be quicker and easier for it to be fixed.

Team
Me! Mapper/Scripter/OW/Sprite inserter/Anything else

Awards

Spoiler:
So far I've only got HOTW on PC but still, a n award none the less

Credits
Ckret2
Manipulation
Sergo.!
Hackmew
Coronis
KostK
School Kid John
Thethethethe
WesleyFG
Samike360

Banners.
Spoiler:

Codes.
Spoiler:
HTML Code:
[URL="http://thepokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=39765#post39765"][IMG]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/bemertonboy/pjabanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
HTML Code:
[URL="http://thepokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=39756#post39756"][IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/w7zw4g.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
HTML Code:
[URL="http://thepokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=39756#post39756"][IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/sg5tmx.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
HTML Code:
[URL="http://thepokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=39756#post39756"][IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/2w4jr7t.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
HTML Code:
[URL="http://thepokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=39756#post39756"][IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/2i0ekp3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
HTML Code:
[URL="http://thepokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=39756#post39756"][IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/2ih6mtd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
HTML Code:
[URL="http://thepokemonboard.net/showthread.php?p=39756#post39756"][IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/2co25v4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Any suggestions to improve this post is welcome.

I hope you’ll remember, there is something good in goodbye.

Last edited by Co500; March 2nd, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Ultimo1991
Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Ultimo1991
Love the idea, and interesting hack hope it goes well for you I like it

Owner and Creator of pokemon Infinity/Starlite/Galaxy
Pokemon Infinity recruiting if ya wish to help plz visit Team Ultimo team thread thx and i appreciate it:D
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
So it's finally back =)
Glad to see that
Hope you can finish it this time and no bugs will occur =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:46 AM
blackmage856

I literally love hacks like this Good luck !

Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:43 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Nice to see this back. Good luck in completing it.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Co500
Community Supporter

#UPDATE

More of a graphical update and some new screenshots! I've changed the Misty OWs although I think that they look abit strange, so your opinions are welcome! Also, should I leave Suicune to disappear and reappear or not?

Short list to be added:
#Add new Misty Overworld
#Add Spinarak Overworld
#Add more of Brocks movements
#Change Pikachu's Overworld

New Screenshots!
Spoiler:

New screenshots of further episodes will be added soon

Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:31 PM
grantos354
Beginning Trainer

I have played up to Snubbull Snobbery and so far i have enjoyed playing it :D. Only thing is i can't find Snubbull . But you are doing a great job, and i like the remaking of the Johto series and how its different, but similar to Metapod23's Ash Gray :D. I can't wait for more of this :D
Old March 3rd, 2012, 03:05 AM
Co500
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantos354 View Post
I have played up to Snubbull Snobbery and so far i have enjoyed playing it :D. Only thing is i can't find Snubbull . But you are doing a great job, and i like the remaking of the Johto series and how its different, but similar to Metapod23's Ash Gray :D. I can't wait for more of this :D
Ah a few people have had that problem, I think iI'll put some screentshots in a spoiler if anyone gets stuck

Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
SeerePetrova
Beginning Trainer

Metapod's Ash Gray hack is so great and yours shall follow...it will be a gread compliment... Even Serg!o's Unfinished Pokemon Orange...could be totally remastered by Metapod but great job...love the idea of finally a gama worth playing...cause to be honest the new games suck....best one's were the first three generations up to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Last edited by giradialkia; March 16th, 2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Don't ever quote the first post. Just don't do it ;)
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:18 AM
grantos354
Beginning Trainer

It will be much appreciated if you put up the screenshots to that part, because i would love to be able to continue on :D
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:54 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
wow! so this is back huh? good luck man

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old March 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
NurseBarbra
くら くら?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NurseBarbra
Hurray! It's back!

I expect good things from this now, so don't disappoint me.
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:32 PM
cluelesstrainer
Beginning Trainer

I'm so glad someone's doing this! I can't wait for you to do the Ash v Gary battle with the epic Charizard v Blastoise part, good luck!
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
HeroesAndCons

Looks intriguing and fun, but I want to wait for the beta at least before downloading and testing it out Anyway, good luck to you, hope it all goes well!

I do have thing to say though - FIX THE BROKEN SCREENSHOTS! I want to see moooooaaaar!
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Co500
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
Looks intriguing and fun, but I want to wait for the beta at least before downloading and testing it out Anyway, good luck to you, hope it all goes well!

I do have thing to say though - FIX THE BROKEN SCREENSHOTS! I want to see moooooaaaar!
Hmm they seem to be working fr me, i might reupload them to a different site

Old March 16th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co500 View Post
Hmm they seem to be working fr me, i might reupload them to a different site
Well... they do work for you 'cause you are the owner of the Dropbox folder which seems to be private =D

Old March 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Co500
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Well... they do work for you 'cause you are the owner of the Dropbox folder which seems to be private =D
Dammit. I'm such a noob

Changing it now

Update!

Some of you are asking where to find Snubbull when he runs off so here are the areas where he hides!
Spoiler:

These are all in order e.g after you find him in the first screenshot, he will be at the second, then the third. Once you fight Snubbull, he will dissappear afterwards, head back to the house to see the woman

Last edited by Co500; March 17th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old March 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Chapmic

Well, your srceenshots still have problems, I can't see them. And this time, unlike other problems I have on other sites, it's not from my computer.
Still didn't find the third spot.

Last edited by Chapmic; March 17th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Still locked =D
Use Imageshack, it would be easier for all of us =D

Old March 21st, 2012, 09:42 PM
smilewolfy
pokemon photographer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to smilewolfy
hmm, this hack is great :D but It may just be me that thinks so, but I kind of think the wild Pokemon levels are too high unless I don't use Bulbasaur or Squirtle :/ But I'm sure plenty of others are enjoying it, so don't change levels because of me.

Speaking of levels, I think Heracross should be around lv 10 when you get him, since the wild pokemon in the area are like level 12-15.

also, what's happening with charizard? And Casey should have a Rattata and Pidgey XD

Well, that's just my feedback, I hope you do well with this game and finish it =D
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
blackmage856

I really enjoyed the alpha, but I have some gripes ...the wild pokemon levels are a bit too high and it leads to a lot of deaths (until bulbasaur and squirtle evolve that is).

Also I feel like some of the Team Rocket Battles should be double ones ...just to make some variety :D

And also finally ...the route you encounter Casey ...what does the pokeball ontop of the tree do ? XD Is it a bug ?

Old March 30th, 2012, 03:20 PM
TD013
8 badges in Kanto, I have 10

I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or if I haven't played far enough into the game to understand but at the beginning of the game if you go to the top right of the map you will find a boulder in a corner. If you click on it, you end up moving to a new area where you battle chickorita and you have a level 100 goldbat!?
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Briankelly130
Beginning Trainer

I'm really hoping this gets off the ground, with Johto being my favourite saga (and my favourite generation of games), this just pleases me in so many ways.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sean.Warner
Beginning Trainer

i love story based hacks. this looks so cool
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:51 PM
xxScarletDragonxx
Aestivalis Pilot

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to xxScarletDragonxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxScarletDragonxx
Hmmm...I patch it to firered, but it's still an ips file...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links