The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old June 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM
MrsNorrington
Lady Loki

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to MrsNorrington Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MrsNorrington Send a message via Skype™ to MrsNorrington
Not sure if there's a thread already.

But I think they should give us more box storage in Black and White. In HG/SS they gave us 18 boxes, 30 pokemon each can fit in each box. That can hold 540 pokemon.

I have all 493 Pokemon in my PC boxes on SS...and I only have 1 extra box for extra Pokemon. And that box fills up so fast that I need to transfer Pokemon to my Diamond version for storage. It's really inconvenient.

Black and White is going to bring in new Pokemon. How would I fit 493+however many new Pokemon in the storage boxes if I decide to do the national dex again? I'm really hoping for an increase in PC box storage.

FC: 1977-0654-1609
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Benjamin510
The King of Typio's!

Nature: Adamant
Ah........ Good idea.......... Make around 85 boxes....... This would be good.

Hall of Quotes
Spoiler:
"WE ALREADY HAVE THAT, IT'S CALLED BULBAPEDIA"
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Eurydice
`~♥Eury♥~'

Nature: Quiet
i think they should add a few more boxes. its a pain if im trying to breed a certain pokemon and the boxes fill up far to fast.

Pair
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:39 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
I hope they keep the interface like one in Heartgold. Pokebox interface in Heartgold is very convenient. Like so much

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Blu·Ray
Manta Ray Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
I hope they keep the interface like one in Heartgold. Pokebox interface in Heartgold is very convenient. Like so much
I also like it very much and i also hope for more box place i B/W

Challenges complete:

Glitch solo challenge
Ultimate solo challenge
Joey challenge lv. 100 SS

Random Pokemon challenge FR

Monotype challenge: Ghost SS

Fossil Challenge SS

Old June 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Rehanlarc
Rehanlarc

Nature: Calm
I wish there were more boxes too.... I have a tendencey to catch more than one pokemon by accident, or breed too many... So haveing more boxes would also mean you could trade over more pokemon from other generations and have way more pokemon and a more varied team.

Currently Playing:
Diamond
Platinum
Soul Silver
Drooling of Black And White!

... I am sometimes stupid, I was so smart that I ran by accident from a red Gyrados, If you have ever done something like this please tell me so that I don't feel so bad...
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:35 AM
SpawnHyuuga
Elite Four Spawn

Nature: Timid
Maybe you'd be looking at 20 boxes with 30 spaces each?
Any images or works I post, are that of my own creation, or I have properly credited the artist/creator. If I am the creator, you may use my work in any way you see fit, provided you give credit. If it is someone else's work, please give them a message, asking if you can use it.
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
iwuzhere9
You think you can be me?!

Nature: Hasty
If there's only one more box for spare Pokemon if you have a complete Pokedex in your PC, then they will boost the amount of boxes up at least enough to where you can have one box left over again with a new and more complete National Dex.
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Thunderhead
Ride the Lightning

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Thunderhead Send a message via Skype™ to Thunderhead
Hopefully there will be 24 boxes.

I'm going to guess that they will be going up to 650. If they do, you divide by 30. You get 21.3333 or something like that. It would be nice to round it up to a number that is even.

This gets you two extra boxes, and 21 1/3 boxes full of pkmn!

Thread - Deviantart
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin510 View Post
Ah........ Good idea.......... Make around 85 boxes....... This would be good.
85 boxes? Lmao!....you're jokin'...right? I think it would be more appropriate if we got around 30 boxes. That would be enough to hold 900 pokemon, and that should be enough boxes for generations to come.

We could use an updated PC box as well. Like the PC box in HGSS was just...sloppy, horrible beyond belief. I think this is because it was the first time the touch screen was really incorporated in it..so that may be the reason.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Thunderhead
Ride the Lightning

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Thunderhead Send a message via Skype™ to Thunderhead
^Thank you!

I hear people say that the PC for HG/SS is good, when I think its dog poo.

Also, if you do want to have it set up for gens to come, then yes 30 would be a good idea.

Thread - Deviantart
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:31 AM
rps96
i'm a ******* 8P

they should make it, so you can make more boxes.

Old June 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM
shookie
Often scatters things.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiPVoda View Post
We could use an updated PC box as well. Like the PC box in HGSS was just...sloppy, horrible beyond belief. I think this is because it was the first time the touch screen was really incorporated in it..so that may be the reason.
Agreed, I really don't want them to just copy over the same storage system from HG/SS into B/W. It's so clunky and choppy and more frustrating than anything. I'll be happy with the same touch-screen system, just smoother.

I'd be okay with an even 20 boxes, since 18 right now is good for how I organize my Pokémon (by type). I could use an extra box or two for just spare storage and spillover, which happens all too often, and transferring between other games is such a hassle :/

Signature drawn by me.

Old June 9th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Jerme
stupid

the boxes should be like a mini virtual world where you see them walking around and interacting..lol

and i agree, hg/ss box was sloppy, too many pop up screens..idk. the d/p was better, we could easily move from one box, and the gold hand was very useful for quick pick ups. and the way i see it, the only option we need is "move pokemon", and items. deposit/withdraw is useless to me, i can do those with the move option, both in one sitting
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:15 PM
MistahDude
Primate Pokemon Master

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to MistahDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerme View Post
the boxes should be like a mini virtual world where you see them walking around and interacting..lol

and i agree, hg/ss box was sloppy, too many pop up screens..idk. the d/p was better, we could easily move from one box, and the gold hand was very useful for quick pick ups. and the way i see it, the only option we need is "move pokemon", and items. deposit/withdraw is useless to me, i can do those with the move option, both in one sitting
You want them to ripoff Digimon eh?
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Sneeze
Trainer

Nature: Quirky
More boxes are needed but with that they really need to overhaul the system, possibly make a grid box system instead of a line of boxes or something. Hopefully have some sort of search function in there too.

"A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it" ~ Albert Einstein

95% of people on the internet have a statistic in their signature, if you're one of the 5% than don't place this in your signa-- Wait... Damn...
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:56 PM
MrsNorrington
Lady Loki

Send a message via AIM to MrsNorrington Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MrsNorrington Send a message via Skype™ to MrsNorrington
I think 25 to 30 boxes would work nicely. With 30 that would mean we can store 900 Pokemon. There's gonna be 500-something+ , and that would leave us about 300-400 spaces for extras. There's a lot of us who breed, or collect shinies, or whatever. So I think it would be perfect.

Old June 9th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Rehanlarc
Rehanlarc

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNorrington View Post
I think 25 to 30 boxes would work nicely. With 30 that would mean we can store 900 Pokemon. There's gonna be 500-something+ , and that would leave us about 300-400 spaces for extras. There's a lot of us who breed, or collect shinies, or whatever. So I think it would be perfect.
I agree fully! I am a strong breeder, but I need the boxes, sometimes I don't go for the whole national dex, which leaves me with a little room, but then I have the starters and special guys that I cannot find where they go! It is super annoying when it comes to have 20 chimchars and only half a box..... I agree that about 30would be good, maybe 35 MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing:
Diamond
Platinum
Soul Silver
Drooling of Black And White!

... I am sometimes stupid, I was so smart that I ran by accident from a red Gyrados, If you have ever done something like this please tell me so that I don't feel so bad...
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Jerme
stupid

insteads of a set number, how about we can make a new box every time we need to.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:57 PM
ekriptor
Beginning Trainer

hmm i think that you aren´t thinking pretty well...
see this
Why do you want a Charmander , Charmeleon and Charizard? you will get that 3? Or you just have a Charizard?
So i think that 10 boxes (300Pkm) will be sufficient to keep all the 600 or something about...
20boxes is enough... just my opinion...
sorry for my bad english :D
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM
MrsNorrington
Lady Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekriptor View Post
hmm i think that you aren´t thinking pretty well...
see this
Why do you want a Charmander , Charmeleon and Charizard? you will get that 3? Or you just have a Charizard?
So i think that 10 boxes (300Pkm) will be sufficient to keep all the 600 or something about...
20boxes is enough... just my opinion...
sorry for my bad english :D
Yes I want all 3 evolutions. I want each evolution of every Pokemon. I love the design. Why would I just want the 3rd evolutio, if say I think Charmander is cute, or if I like Charmeleon more than Charizard?

I literally have all 493 Pokemon in my boxes in SoulSilver. Literally each and every sprite. Not just the evolved forms.

They need to give us room for all 500+ Pokemon, plus lots of extra space for other pokemon. I do not agree with just having 10 or 20 boxes, it's not enough room for collectors, traders, breeders!

Old June 9th, 2010, 04:14 PM
NickofTime
Dancin' like a dragon

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to NickofTime
i think there should be a search function for boxes
say i need a gengar but i forget where i put it, i just put in the species name and here he is!
this would make one breeder very happy

Dancing rave milk Approves of this message
FC: 2193 7898 2132
Charmillionare gives this sig a BOOM BOOM CLICK out of BOOM DRIVE BY
I herd you enjoy the mudkip phenomena
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:17 PM
ekriptor
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by MrsNorrington View Post
Yes I want all 3 evolutions. I want each evolution of every Pokemon. I love the design. Why would I just want the 3rd evolutio, if say I think Charmander is cute, or if I like Charmeleon more than Charizard?

I literally have all 493 Pokemon in my boxes in SoulSilver. Literally each and every sprite. Not just the evolved forms.

They need to give us room for all 500+ Pokemon, plus lots of extra space for other pokemon. I do not agree with just having 10 or 20 boxes, it's not enough room for collectors, traders, breeders!

Hmm ok thats strange i just want evolved forms in boxes bcause other are saved in dex and 3/4 of pre-evolved are useless
I mean you want a charmeleon but charizard is stronger, more usefull and has a bigger moveset..this is just my opinion dont get angry :D
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM
linkinpark187
Computer Tech

Nature: Modest
I'm fine with 18 Boxes. I use the first 9 for Pokémon types/type combos, and then the other 9 for extra teams/Pokémon. It usually goes...

PSY/DRGN, GRS/BUG, FIRE/PSN, WTR/ICE, ELCT/STL, GRD/ROCK, GHT/DARK, FLY/NRML, FIGHTING

I would be much more happy with more slots in the boxes, though. Maybe 48 or 54 slots for Pokémon, and I'd be happy. But I'm definitely set with 18 Boxes...

Many thanks to Shadow_Ball for the sig pic!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM
MrsNorrington
Lady Loki

There's not enough space for the National Pokedex with just 18 boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekriptor View Post
Hmm ok thats strange i just want evolved forms in boxes bcause other are saved in dex and 3/4 of pre-evolved are useless
I mean you want a charmeleon but charizard is stronger, more usefull and has a bigger moveset..this is just my opinion dont get angry :D
That's not how I play...if I love a pokemon in its unevolved form more than the evolved form, I keep it that way. Haven't you seen the anime? Dawn doesn't evolve her Piplup just so it gets stronger! I guess Ash's Pikachu is useless to. I think of my Pokemon as my companions, not tools for winning. Anyways, in SoulSilver, I love walking around with my Pokemon, the sprites are way cool. And more than that, I'm a collector, my collection is incomplete without EVERY Pokemon.

A Pokemon is never usless....what a cruel thing to say =/

Last edited by MrsNorrington; June 9th, 2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links