Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 24th, 2010 (09:30 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
^lol Pichuichu is the team leader....
Old August 25th, 2010 (03:14 AM).
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Wow! this thread has gotten way off topic any chance we're gonna get back on topic...
Old August 25th, 2010 (07:50 AM).
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

You do realize it was adressed to pichuichu, and I was asking if he(the man who did the apple pig) is on the team?
Old August 25th, 2010 (11:01 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

^okay sorry about that and to answer your question he's part of the team as well.
Old August 25th, 2010 (01:57 PM).
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

On topic please Guys XD also looking for a second scritper.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.

My Da Account ->here<-
Old August 25th, 2010 (02:52 PM).
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

I just looked at the first post, and I'm not really sure what this game has that is worth commenting on... I am surprised this thread has become so popular since this game seems poorly thought out... I advise working on the story/plot and get some screens up... instead of worrying about scripting
Old August 25th, 2010 (03:04 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

^you will NOT be dissapointed by the story, the first post doesn't reveal too much is probably why you are iffy about it.
And about the screens, I can't answer that, considering I'm not mapping. You'd have to ask Pichuichu or Arma about that.
Old August 25th, 2010 (06:31 PM).
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

Yep plot is working on but yep that's only like the first tiny part. and screenies mapping is taking a while since we can't find much city tiles (like scrapers) so yep but we are doing are best to improve this game.

Positions needed:
plot: 3
spriting:2
scripting:1
music:4

My Da Account ->here<-
Old August 25th, 2010 (09:27 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

^DUDE! We don't need 3 plot, You, Arma, and I is enough. Also I might hook us up with some music. GOOD MUSIC. I just have to wait for the person to get back to me.
Old August 26th, 2010 (06:22 AM).
Poeman

"plot: 3" WHAT?! You said you had a GOOD plot, why do you need any plot people?! Can't you guys get organized as a team?

spriting:2
scripting:1
music:4

As for those I think it would be more likely for

spriting:1
music:1

Music is NOT easy to come by, and they will only go to the best(usually)
spriting, and I'm assuming you mean tiles, is something a lot of people who can do it, don't like to share because their working on their projects.
Old August 26th, 2010 (11:33 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

@Poeman if you read the post above I sort of made the same point, Pichuichu is new to game making, so I don't think he knows. Also if I hear back from someone, we may have filled the music posiition.
and there's lots of public tiles for use if you just give credit to those who made them.
Old August 26th, 2010 (01:05 PM). Edited August 26th, 2010 by Poeman.
Poeman

Quote originally posted by AceDragonite:
@Poeman if you read the post above I sort of made the same point, Pichuichu is new to game making, so I don't think he knows. Also if I hear back from someone, we may have filled the music posiition.
and there's lots of public tiles for use if you just give credit to those who made them.
Exactly this.
I must apologize apparently for saying you won't get people of different expertise to join your game.

Edited for: I was pretty P.Od at my brother and as a result worded this much more angrily.
Old August 26th, 2010 (04:46 PM).
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

That's okay yep I'm new but tryig to present the game better and make a good game people will enjoy I'm working on the plot right now Kay?

My Da Account ->here<-
Old August 26th, 2010 (04:49 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

okay, then why don't you drop me a pm so we can work it out...
you did get the part about the villains, correct?
Old August 26th, 2010 (04:55 PM).
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

That's okay yep I'm new but tryig to present the game better and make a good game people will enjoy I'm working on the plot right now Kay?

My Da Account ->here<-
Old August 26th, 2010 (09:20 PM). Edited August 28th, 2010 by AceDragonite.
AceDragonite
Champion

Announcement: Lala19357 of youtube has joined the team. You should check out their music at: http://www.youtube.com/user/lala19357#p/a/648A01EC79CF8AEE/0/mlOapzU93Dk
In a word-Amazing. And Pichuichu, why did you post the same thing twice???????
Old August 29th, 2010 (03:30 PM). Edited August 29th, 2010 by BennyTuckman.
BennyTuckman
King Bulbasaur

I can map or help with storyline aspects of the game.

Thanks so much!

I might be able to do some music too... xD

Play Kick Gary Oak!

Sydian's and IceFireLighting's Anime Challenge:
Gary Oak's Sinnoh Adventures

Wartortle: Lv. 28: Tackle, Water Pulse, Water Gun, Bite
Elekid: Lv. 21: Shock Wave, Swift, Thundershock, Low Kick
Eevee: Lv. 17: Tail Whip, Tackle, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack
Growlithe: Lv.25: Bite, Flame Wheel, Ember, Reversal
Graveler: Tackle, Magnitude, Rock Smash, Rock Throw
Old August 29th, 2010 (07:27 PM).
FalseDestiny
Troll

Eh, things are looking alright at this time. I could make some artwork for people, maybe, if you need someone.

Just keep working away, and update the first post regularly so everyone is up to date.
Old August 29th, 2010 (07:36 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

^Could you show me some examples of your artwork? and I have been telling Pichuichu to update the first post.....constantly.
Lol trollface
Old August 30th, 2010 (05:28 PM).
aquadan
is searching for members

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aquadan

Welcome to the Pokemon: New Dawn Thread!
Information
Pichuichu
Author
Pkmn ND
Team
Carmaniac
Scripting
Unknown
Releases
Intro: This Is A Pokemon Game That A Decided To Make To See How Well It Would Go But Just So You Know THIS IS NOT A HACK This Is Made In Rpg Maker XP

Special Features

Special Features
New Pokedex
Brand New National List
Rediscover Hoenn
Touch Screen Thanks To Carmaniac.
Dark World Shadow Pokemon
5th Gen Pokemon

Story

Enter the Region of Fingoe where you will meet friends, challenges, and possibly enemies, in the times of old a vicious war between two god-like pokemon split the region of fingoe into an archaepelago each small landmass with extreme and varying climates. You play as a young boy/girl who lives in the eastern part of Fingoe, the territory of the rangers. Your parents want you to follow in your father's footsteps, and become a ranger, as you father was a famous ranger who worked with Del, the top Ranger back in the day. Your desire, however is to become a trainer and explore the region with Pokemon Friends. You confide this with your best friend and run off to the next town where a Pokemon Professor Lives and pick your starter Pokemon. All is well until you find out that your best friend told your parents and is now tracking you down so you can go back home. You two used to be best friends, now you have become rivals.
Along your journeys you noticed polluted rivers and dying trees, its as if Shaymin, the legendary Pokemon that gives Fingoe life and luck thanks to the graditute it is given and its many worshippers has left the region. You start to come to the conclusion that Shaymin IS IN FACT no longer in Fingoe, but there's one thing that doesn't cross your mind. WHAT IF SHAYMIN DIDN'T LEAVE ON ITS OWN CHOOSING?

Who Can you trust, Where is Shaymin, and What is happening to Fingoe? Join the Team. Support the Game. Pokemon New Dawn.

Story Of The Past

Spoiler:
Every Region Has A Creation Myth. So Does Fingoe. In the beginning the land was tropical and the pokemon thrived. the a group of Eight traveled to the land and settled. and evently they found ways of capturing these pokemon and befreinding them. But this group found diffrent ways of capuring them and the split up. suddenly all the pokemon ran towards the oceans where a light of Purple felll down apon the ocean between two islands. where one island burned and the other froze. when the land cooled, and thawed, the deity's that created this Catastrophe appeared for a split second then vanished. people started to call them Lienar, and parnel. But nobody ever saw them again...

Side-Quests

Side Quests Are Introduced In-Game They May Reward You Even In A Greater Way Than You Think.
The Region Of Fingoe

Spoiler:

The Region Of Fingoe Is An Archipelago Of Various Climates To The South, North And East We Have A Nice Warm Climate To The West We Have A Desert Climate And In The Center Is An Arctic Climate.

You the Hero Live On Castawa Island A Nice Lush Forest Area.

Images

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Screenshots Updating Expected Soon.

Progress

Images rounded to nearest percentage (or multiple) of "10"
Storyline: 30%
Maps: 5%
Fakemon: 5%
Trainers: 1%
Over worlds: 1%

Team

Spoiler:
Pichuichu - Storyline Writer, Items, Mapping
Elarmasecreta – Mapping, Storyline
Habit12 – Fakemon and OW Spriter.
Carmaniac - Scripter
Llennomn8 - Fakemon
Valora17 – Fakemon
Thyphlozard - Spriting
Acedragonite - Storyline
ConCept - Spriting
Countryemo

Thanks to Aquadan and Aquatic Sirens for the Thread Design.
And NikNaks For The World Map.

Recruiting

Trainer Artists
Mappers
Scripters (Maybe)
OverWorld Artists

HTML Code:
[css-div="font-size: 9pt; width: 1025px; background-image: url('http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/hamhamhunter/Pokecommunity/newdawn.png?1283215834') ; border: 0px solid paleblue; cursor: crosshair;"]

[css-div="overflow: auto; height: 400px; width: 1025px;"][css-div="color: black; background: #74818d url('’) repeat-x top left; border-bottom: #646f7a solid 1px; padding: 2px 20px 2px 20px; font-size: 8pt;"] Welcome to the Pokemon: New Dawn Thread![/css-div][css-div="padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;"][css-div="float: right; text-decoration: none; display: color: #eeeeee; color: #565656; font-size: 11pt; border: 1px solid #c9c9c9; padding: 5px; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"][css-div="border: 1px solid #000; float: right; min-width: 350px; min-height: 100px; padding: 1px; background-color: #999;"][css-div="background-color: #333; color: #FFF; min-height: 20px; display: block; padding: 5px;">Pokemon Mystery Dungeon StarterKit[/css-div][css-div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; padding: 5px;"][/css-div][css-div="background-color: #666; color: #FFF; min-height: 20px; display: block; padding: 5px; margin-top: 1px;"]Information[/css-div][css-div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][css-div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]Pichuichu[/css-div][css-div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 90px; border-right: 1px solid #999;"]Author[/css-div][/css-div][css-div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][css-div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px;; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]Pkmn ND[/css-div][css-div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 90px; border-right: 1px solid #999;"]Team[/css-div][/css-div][css-div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][css-div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]Carmaniac[/css-div][css-div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; border-right: 1px solid #999; max-width: 90px;"]Scripting[/css-div][/css-div][css-div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][css-div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]Unknown[/css-div][css-div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 90px; border-right: 1px solid #999;"]Releases[/css-div][/css-div][/css-div][/css-div] Intro: This Is A Pokemon Game That A Decided To Make To See How Well It Would Go But Just So You Know THIS IS NOT A HACK This Is Made In Rpg Maker XP

[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Special Features[/css-div]

Special Features
New Pokedex
Brand New National List
Rediscover Hoenn
Touch Screen Thanks To Carmaniac.
Dark World Shadow Pokemon
5th Gen Pokemon

[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Story[/css-div]

Enter the Region of Fingoe where you will meet friends, challenges, and possibly enemies, in the times of old a vicious war between two god-like pokemon split the region of fingoe into an archaepelago each small landmass with extreme and varying climates. You play as a young boy/girl who lives in the eastern part of Fingoe, the territory of the rangers. Your parents want you to follow in your father's footsteps, and become a ranger, as you father was a famous ranger who worked with Del, the top Ranger back in the day. Your desire, however is to become a trainer and explore the region with Pokemon Friends. You confide this with your best friend and run off to the next town where a Pokemon Professor Lives and pick your starter Pokemon. All is well until you find out that your best friend told your parents and is now tracking you down so you can go back home. You two used to be best friends, now you have become rivals. 
Along your journeys you noticed polluted rivers and dying trees, its as if Shaymin, the legendary Pokemon that gives Fingoe life and luck thanks to the graditute it is given and its many worshippers has left the region. You start to come to the conclusion that Shaymin IS IN FACT no longer in Fingoe, but there's one thing that doesn't cross your mind. WHAT IF SHAYMIN DIDN'T LEAVE ON ITS OWN CHOOSING?

Who Can you trust, Where is Shaymin, and What is happening to Fingoe? Join the Team. Support the Game. Pokemon New Dawn. 

[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Story Of The Past[/css-div]
[spoiler] Every Region Has A Creation Myth. So Does Fingoe. In the beginning the land was tropical and the pokemon thrived. the a group of Eight traveled to the land and settled. and evently they found ways of capturing these pokemon and befreinding them. But this group found diffrent ways of capuring them and the split up. suddenly all the pokemon ran towards the oceans where a light of Purple felll down apon the ocean between two islands. where one island burned and the other froze. when the land cooled, and thawed, the deity's that created this Catastrophe appeared for a split second then vanished. people started to call them Lienar, and parnel. But nobody ever saw them again...
[/spoiler]

[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Side-Quests[/css-div]
Side Quests Are Introduced In-Game They May Reward You Even In A Greater Way Than You Think. 
[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]The Region Of Fingoe[/css-div]
[spoiler]
[img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/763/pichuichu.png[/img] 

The Region Of Fingoe Is An Archipelago Of Various Climates To The South, North And East We Have A Nice Warm Climate To The West We Have A Desert Climate And In The Center Is An Arctic Climate. 

You the Hero Live On Castawa Island A Nice Lush Forest Area.
[/spoiler]
[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 300%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Images
[/css-div]

Screenshots
[spoiler]
Screenshots Updating Expected Soon.
[/spoiler]

[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Progress[/css-div]

Images rounded to nearest percentage (or multiple) of "10"
 Storyline: 30%
 Maps: 5%
 Fakemon: 5%
 Trainers: 1%
 Over worlds: 1%

[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Team[/css-div]

[spoiler]Pichuichu - Storyline Writer, Items, Mapping
Elarmasecreta – Mapping, Storyline
Habit12 – Fakemon and OW Spriter.
Carmaniac - Scripter
Llennomn8 - Fakemon
Valora17 – Fakemon
Thyphlozard - Spriting
Acedragonite - Storyline
ConCept - Spriting
Countryemo 
[/spoiler]
Thanks to Aquadan and [URL="http://aquaticsirens.com"]Aquatic Sirens[/URL] for the Thread Design.
And NikNaks For The World Map.

[css-div="color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 120%; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; width: 80%;"]Recruiting[/css-div]
Trainer Artists 
Mappers 
Scripters (Maybe)
OverWorld Artists 
[/css-div][/css-div]
[/css-div]

DONE!

The CSS was so amazing i didnt want to change it

a upcoming stylish and original hacking team
Old August 31st, 2010 (06:11 AM).
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

Thanks! that looks great posted on the first post.

My Da Account ->here<-
Old August 31st, 2010 (09:59 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

^Pichuichu you haven't updated the team to include BennyTuckman and Lala19357
Old September 1st, 2010 (08:19 AM).
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

UPDATE PLOT LINE UPDATE!

So do any of you know what a pokemon's Energy point is? if no that's because common pokebals like The pokemon Greatball Etc just catch the pokemon. well in this game we don't have them we only have pokeball makers that make pokebals the best way and seal the freindship between the with the pokeball. still don't get what im saying?

Here is a pokemon' energy point.
Name:  Enrgy point 1.png
Views: 66
Size:  1.4 KB
in the center or it's face the mark serves it's enery points.
Name:  save as energy point 2.png
Views: 64
Size:  2.0 KB
but here it's evolution only has one the energy point on its belly.

Okay and you have to direct hit a pokemon on it's energy point to catch it.

still don't get it? (this doesn't make my life easier you know.)

Here in the way anyone could understand

"Throw the pokeball at it's energy point to catch it."~ Kurt

Kurt: still don't get it? 0_0 i give up!

My Da Account ->here<-
Old September 1st, 2010 (08:49 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

that's actually a cool idea but do you know how to script that?
Old September 1st, 2010 (09:12 AM).
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

That my friend. i don't have a answer for.

Homer: DOH!

0_0. actually that was from the manga I put it in the game cause it plays a part in the storyline
. Orange talk!

My Da Account ->here<-
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links