Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Should I add a part in the game when you get bulbasaur, and the sunkurn event as well
Yes, it will make the game more enjoyable 39 67.24%
Switch to chikorita 12 20.69%
No 5 8.62%
I dont care i just wanna play! 8 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2010 (11:13 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
the hack is back in progress :D

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old November 28th, 2010 (11:19 AM).
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Well those are good news to hear KingCyndaquil!
I thought you gave up on the hack...
Any new features you're planning for the hack?

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old November 28th, 2010 (03:01 PM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by dragoniteuser:
Well those are good news to hear KingCyndaquil!
I thought you gave up on the hack...
Any new features you're planning for the hack?
well, currently im up to the bell sprout tower (he has to battle the monks, im only making 3 though). but you will see that something weird is happening in violet city as soon as you walk in the city, that would be part of the main story, i also plan on EXTENDING the story (not changing it at all, so cyndaquil will still evolve at the time it did in the manga) but i got a lot of questions basicly focusing around the fact that gold is a breeder, not a trainer, when you get far enough you will see how i plan to add his breeder duties into the game, also you run into some manga characters kinda early to in the game, eventuly you are asked to assist in the battle with 'mask of ice' and so on, but as i said we are, sadly, still in the beginning of the game, but progress is deffently speeding up, i know there is some people mad at me about the beta, so as a sorry present, im extending it, its still gonna have one gym, but something interesting is gonna happen , and another thing, this got delayed because of school, but this and next month im totally free, so i will be working on this as often as i used to, i still need some scripters so feel free to ask :D

Old November 29th, 2010 (01:56 PM).
chimchar8
Oshawott RULEZ!!! :D

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by KingCyndaquil:
well, currently im up to the bell sprout tower (he has to battle the monks, im only making 3 though). but you will see that something weird is happening in violet city as soon as you walk in the city, that would be part of the main story, i also plan on EXTENDING the story (not changing it at all, so cyndaquil will still evolve at the time it did in the manga) but i got a lot of questions basicly focusing around the fact that gold is a breeder, not a trainer, when you get far enough you will see how i plan to add his breeder duties into the game, also you run into some manga characters kinda early to in the game, eventuly you are asked to assist in the battle with 'mask of ice' and so on, but as i said we are, sadly, still in the beginning of the game, but progress is deffently speeding up, i know there is some people mad at me about the beta, so as a sorry present, im extending it, its still gonna have one gym, but something interesting is gonna happen , and another thing, this got delayed because of school, but this and next month im totally free, so i will be working on this as often as i used to, i still need some scripters so feel free to ask :D
well thats great new so do you need me to script some of the extending stuff??? and i know that gold is a breeder but i think we should just remove the gym stuff unless the extending stuff is making gold a breeder and a trainer
Old December 5th, 2010 (10:19 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by chimchar8:
well thats great new so do you need me to script some of the extending stuff??? and i know that gold is a breeder but i think we should just remove the gym stuff unless the extending stuff is making gold a breeder and a trainer
well, ill tell you about the extententions when you help me script cause i dont wanna release any spoilers, but yeah it has something to do with him being a ''natural trainer", but i will say this, Red and Blue play a bigger part in this game then in the manga........

Old December 5th, 2010 (10:50 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
well, ill tell you about the extententions when you help me script cause i dont wanna release any spoilers, but yeah it has something to do with him being a ''natural trainer", but i will say this, Red and Blue play a bigger part in this game then in the manga........
I'm definitely looking forward to this. The manga always added aspects to Pokemon that I thought were better than the games and the anime (which is God-awful). Good luck and I hope to see some updates soon.
Old December 5th, 2010 (11:16 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by Quilava's Master:
I'm definitely looking forward to this. The manga always added aspects to Pokemon that I thought were better than the games and the anime (which is God-awful). Good luck and I hope to see some updates soon.
actually, i was gonna make a big update right now lol, here it is!:

the OFFICAL! (give or take) TITLE SCREEN!!!! (if there is a title screen editor out there that can add the copyright thing, talk to me!)
title screen by Elite Trainer Red

Old December 12th, 2010 (05:14 PM).
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

the title screen looks great man. im really looking forward to how you made this manga based game. im glad u didnt give up on this & am continuing this. i also can wait 2 see the new scripts & trainer sprites u/ the team is/are going 2 put in.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old December 19th, 2010 (10:02 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by qaz015393:
the title screen looks great man. im really looking forward to how you made this manga based game. im glad u didnt give up on this & am continuing this. i also can wait 2 see the new scripts & trainer sprites u/ the team is/are going 2 put in.
thanks its people like you that make me wanna keep this hack alive

and also here is the progress of the hack:

about to script some stuff for bell sporut
i made the donphan trainer a phanphy trainer (i made it a low level so dont worry)
i should get to the end of the beta (no promises) by tonight, if i do i will be realsed kinda late tonight but dont hold your breath, all i have to do is the bell sprout tower, the gym, and the bulbasaur script, i could use some help scripting so PM me if your interested seeing as my scripters arent online i gotta use diegoisawsomes scripting tutorial (which is working wonders BTW) but i can use some help cause i dont wanna screw anything up!

thanks for reading this!

Old December 19th, 2010 (11:06 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

thanks its people like you that make me wanna keep this hack alive :)

and also here is the progress of the hack:

about to script some stuff for bell sporut
i made the donphan trainer a phanphy trainer (i made it a low level so dont worry)
i should get to the end of the beta (no promises) by tonight, if i do i will be realsed kinda late tonight but dont hold your breath, all i have to do is the bell sprout tower, the gym, and the bulbasaur script, i could use some help scripting so PM me if your interested seeing as my scripters arent online i gotta use diegoisawsomes scripting tutorial (which is working wonders BTW) but i can use some help cause i dont wanna screw anything up!

thanks for reading this!
Sweet a Beta is on the way! That's flippin' awesome. And also I'm glad to see that you've taken to scripting. Once you learn to script you pretty much won't need a team anymore. Good luck. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.
Old December 19th, 2010 (11:30 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Sweet a Beta is on the way! That's flippin' awesome. And also I'm glad to see that you've taken to scripting. Once you learn to script you pretty much won't need a team anymore. Good luck. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.
thanks bro im working on it lol scripting isnt easy but i can do applymovement scripts (it still takes a while though) and all that, pokedude987 (on youtube) has been helping me with his tuts also, he's kinda like the XSE version of fullump (sorry if i mispronouced) but yeah its gonna be released by christmas thats for sure if not tonight and also, im gonna have alot more time to hack since christmas break is this tuesday

Old December 22nd, 2010 (08:20 PM). Edited December 22nd, 2010 by qaz015393.
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

thats great news
i would help out but i havnt scripted since the summer & i need 2 relearn it (but i remember a few things) & also im busy with personal stuff (both my grandparents r kinda sick & im going over like a few hrs a day 2 help take care of them) & im also trying 2 work on my hack (the 1 in my sig). but i can try 2 help out besides i need 2 restart learning scripting since 1 person from my team is online, besides me. so if u want me to try to help out let me know though vm & bty do you think you can pm me some of those youtube scripting vids bc i have a few by him and they seemed easier from the dude i saw (i stopped watching his tuts since in 1 tut it was way different from the 1 i saw).

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old December 22nd, 2010 (09:28 PM).
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪

hey this hack looks like it has some potential! i just played the demo and my advise to you is use a different overworld sprite for gold the one in your hack is overused
Old December 22nd, 2010 (09:32 PM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote originally posted by PatJamma:
hey this hack looks like it has some potential! i just played the demo and my advise to you is use a different overworld sprite for gold the one in your hack is overused
well i do have on in the hack lol its the HG/SS one, if i can get this darn sprite to disappear i can release it tonight, me and a friend are working on it now though so stay tuned!

Old December 22nd, 2010 (09:43 PM).
PatJamma

also a bug you may not be aware of is if you talk to professor elm he tells you to pick a pokemon and if you talk to your mom she walks (through you if standing in the right spot) to the stairs as if you walked down them for the first time
Old December 23rd, 2010 (07:36 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

also a bug you may not be aware of is if you talk to professor elm he tells you to pick a pokemon and if you talk to your mom she walks (through you if standing in the right spot) to the stairs as if you walked down them for the first time
really? thanks for telling me, ill locate and fix it right now, though its more then likely just a flag error.

Old December 23rd, 2010 (08:44 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

I just played the beta and I can honestly say that I'm kinda dissapointed.There behavior issues for the tiles, and the palettes were pretty ugly (sorry) Also maybe you should add a OW for Silver. The running on Gold's OW seemed weird and choppy to me...And I would have to say the biggest disappointment for me is that there were too many automatic scripts. Being that it was a short Beta it would have been better if you were allowed to do something on your own. It's a good idea to block off parts of the game that aren't done yet. Having unfinished parts accessible is unproffessional. Hope to see improvements soon.
Old December 23rd, 2010 (08:46 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2010 by KingCyndaquil.
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

OK! THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

BETA 1!!!!!!

BUGS (what hack doesnt have em?)
Elm sprite looks glitchy in lab (will fix)
Comma glitch (there is a way to fix, so i will fix it)
doesnt say you got the pokedex (ill fix it though)
in bellsprout tower, silver doesnt disappear (i need to find some open flags but will fix)

Old December 23rd, 2010 (08:55 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

I just played the beta and I can honestly say that I'm kinda dissapointed.There behavior issues for the tiles, and the palettes were pretty ugly (sorry) Also maybe you should add a OW for Silver. The running on Gold's OW seemed weird and choppy to me...And I would have to say the biggest disappointment for me is that there were too many automatic scripts. Being that it was a short Beta it would have been better if you were allowed to do something on your own. It's a good idea to block off parts of the game that aren't done yet. Having unfinished parts accessible is unproffessional. Hope to see improvements soon.
all the changes were made, and also, in the entire beta/hack it's self it is really no automatic scripts, hope the beta makes you happy.

P.S anybody with A-Text and/or somebody that can resize the gold sprite please pm me.....

Old December 27th, 2010 (08:30 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

anybody find any bugs i need to fix? i know about grammer errors so those were fixed

Old December 30th, 2010 (10:16 PM). Edited December 30th, 2010 by PatJamma.
PatJamma

well i better play the most recent version! I'll let you know if i find any bugs! oh and you really shouldn't triple post or bump...

EDIT: my god! did YOU even test this?!?!?! houses are evil (one warped me to the museum's second floor), there are tile set errors, when talking to the fat guy it'll say your name is "Gold" even if you entered something else, and probably more! I lost the will to play when i got warped to the museum
Old December 31st, 2010 (08:16 AM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

my god! did YOU even test this?!?!?!
Lol. My sentiments exactly. But here comes the errors:
  • Gold's OW is TOO big. It's bigger than everyone elses, you should use one that fits Gen III better.
  • People still talk about Prof. Oak, obviously leftover scripts from Fire Red.
  • Jessie & James have no sprites.
  • If you lose before making it to Cherrygrov e you get warped to Seven Island, or more specificaly the Trainer Tower, which you can't get off of because you don't have Surf.
  • ]The glitch with your mother walking through you still occurs.
  • There are a lot of movement permission and tile errors.
  • The Pokemon on route 29 don't appear to have changed.
  • There are two clones of Elm in his lab, both of which refer to being aides of Professor Oak.
I don't know how far the Beta goes but I stopped playing after I got trapped on Seven Island so there may still be errors further down the road.
Old December 31st, 2010 (06:05 PM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Lol. My sentiments exactly. But here comes the errors:
  • Gold's OW is TOO big. It's bigger than everyone elses, you should use one that fits Gen III better.
  • People still talk about Prof. Oak, obviously leftover scripts from Fire Red.
  • Jessie & James have no sprites.
  • If you lose before making it to Cherrygrov e you get warped to Seven Island, or more specificaly the Trainer Tower, which you can't get off of because you don't have Surf.
  • ]The glitch with your mother walking through you still occurs.
  • There are a lot of movement permission and tile errors.
  • The Pokemon on route 29 don't appear to have changed.
  • There are two clones of Elm in his lab, both of which refer to being aides of Professor Oak.
I don't know how far the Beta goes but I stopped playing after I got trapped on Seven Island so there may still be errors further down the road.
hmmm.... ok, ill fix that, and i have jessie and james sprites but idk how to put them in (im working on that) but, ill release a glitch free beta and tell you both about it.

Old January 4th, 2011 (01:15 PM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

-UPDATE-

ok, an update about the bug thing, THE ENTIRE HACK IS BEING RE-SCRIPTED!!!!!! its being re-scripted by Nerketur, this wont take long (about a week to a week and a half) but is worth it to remove about 95% of the bugs right? So yeah the hack WON'T continue till it's done, but this is only a bump in the road i promise......... I recemend not even playing the beta cause it has bugs i didnt even know about O.o but you can if you want, IMO its not that bad, if you do decide to play point out any NON-SCRIPTED BUGS! (I.E tile errors, sprite errors etc)

i hope nobody gives up on this hack as im getting better scripters then me to join and i can go back to where im good at (mapping) cause i scripted past cherrygrove..... so yeah lol

Old January 8th, 2011 (12:24 AM).
IRoCk_NiKeZ

Nature: Lax
hmm.. a hack based off the manga? sounds nice, i have read the manga and i think this hack will turn out great. good luck on this hack.

Sponsored Links