• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else think that the only good pokemon movies were the first ones?

Clone25

I wish I didnt have to grow up
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
I my opinion, Pokemon the first movie,2000 and the 3rd one were good. The other ones just started getting more childish and I though pushing it a little to far. Does anyone agree with me?

MetryoV

Ultimate Challenger
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
the first two was the best imo

I could care less for the others

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
I agree 100%! They do seem to getting really childish..

i loved the firts one an 2000 and the third one also, o ya an mewtwo returns...

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Keep in mind Movies 4-6 were Disney influenced due to being owned by Miramax ;_;. That influenced the voice acting and censorships, and I think are significantly different from the original Japanese movies.

They start to pick back up after the Lucario movie. But that is just my insignificant opinion.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
AdvancedK47 said:
Keep in mind Movies 4-6 were Disney influenced due to being owned by Miramax ;_;. That influenced the voice acting and censorships, and I think are significantly different from the original Japanese movies.

Miramax just distributed the movies though.

Anyway, the first couple of movies are alright. They weren't mind-blowingly amazing or anything like that. I personally think that the Advanced Generation movies were better and that the Diamond and Pearl movies are a little bit better than the Original movies too since maturity isn't the same as quality.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i agree the first two are the best movies. though the darkrai and giratina movie are pretty good. the arceus one is terrible. i hate the voice they chose for arceus

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
I must be the only one in the fandom who actually loved Arceus voice.=/

Personally for me I don't think the movies are the only good movies.

I like just about all of them. However movie 1 seems to be my least liked. While I thought it was the best ever as a kid, the dub movie 1 at least for me hasn't aged too well.^-^;;;;;;
Though I do enjoy it from time to time. Just not a favourite anymore.

Though I really like movies 2 right through to 12 aswell.
My most favourite is 11.
I'd even say movie 6, 8, 9, 12 compete for second place for me since I honestly can't decide which I like better out of those.
Movie 2, 3, 7 and 10 for third place.
Then movie 4 and 5 for 4th place.

It's all opinion of course. These are just my likes.=)

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
The movie centering around Lucario was really good in my opinion, but besides that I agree that the first ones were better

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
They were good, but I also enjoyed the advanced generation ones, and the newest one. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is my favorite.

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
Years
I love the first movie, and it will always have a special place in my heart... but after watching the Nostalgia Critic's review of it... XDDD Well let's just say he makes some very good points. Still, great film.

Though I partially disagree with this thread; the Jirachi movie, and the Deoxys movie are friggin kickass.

The NEW new ones? Not my cup a' tea. =P

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I believe all of the films are mediocre, but the early ones were considerably less mediocre, yes.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
The first three movies were the only ones I saw on theaters (remember when they showed them in theaters), and the only other one I've seen is the Jirachi one. I though that the Jirachi one wasn't nearly as good as the others–every time that Jirachi opened its mouth I wanted to say "Shut up about the stupid star already!" Whereas the first three were pretty good–I remember thinking that the third one was really deep, for what it was.

Tiax

It's Show Time
Years
The other ones just started getting more childish

What do you expect for a children's T.V. series? We're talking about 4Kids, for crying out loud... I practically liked all of the movies, but nothing's better than the original movies. The first three were really good.

Ape

The Grapester
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Even now i will watch the First movie for nostalgia.

And Lugia is just too cool.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
Tiax said:
What do you expect for a children's T.V. series? We're talking about 4Kids, for crying out loud... I practically liked all of the movies, but nothing's better than the original movies. The first three were really good.

What does 4Kids have to do with the movies maturity?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Meh, I didn't like many of the movies. I only like the 3rd, 5th and 8th. The 6th was alright. I can't watch any of the others because they're too boring >_>

RedBattler

Dexholder
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
I think that the nostalgia factor kicks in with the first few movies, but I still believe they are above average compared to the rest. Heroes and Lucario and Mystery of Mew were also good. The latter actually won some award if my memory is correct!

Back