Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Wi-Fi

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2010 (09:30 AM). Edited June 13th, 2010 by A Pixy.
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
Simple, what do you want B&W to do with the DS and the 3DS' online capabilities?

Frankly, I want it to be more in-depth. I want leaderboards, penalties for DCing and more things like that.

So what do you want?
Old June 13th, 2010 (09:36 AM). Edited June 13th, 2010 by Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty.
I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
Gold Tier

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
I want to be able to connect to my router again! Stupid WPA.

I'd really like them to do something about the GTS. It's such a wonderful idea, but I find searching it almost impossible now. Whenever I look for the most basic of Pokémon, like a Glameow, all of the uploaders want Legendaries or Level 100s, or something equally ridiculous. I think they should make it so that Legendaries can only be traded for Legendaries, and so you can only trade certain level Pokémon for certain others (say, in five level boundaries, so that a Level 15 Skarmory could only be traded for a level 5 - 15 Pokémon).

What are random battles? Everybody's getting het up about them, but I don't quite understand the idea. ;;

How's your thirst for adventure, Captain?
Old June 13th, 2010 (09:36 AM).
Master of Epic

Nature: Modest
well although that sounds awesome probably not going to happen :P
Random battles would spam legendaries and noobs
Leaderboards would be cool

GTS does need a better Search option and offer option although i dont think legends for legends is the best they do need to make it better

I would like the Alt forms to be usable without a code, some of the official tournament VGC rules/option for wifi

that should be it atm im content with what we have but these are some things i would like added
Old June 13th, 2010 (09:38 AM).

From what I have heard, the random battles are the ability to battle any where's, at any time. Which is actually an interesting feature, but, sadly, I don't have Wi-Fi, so I will most likely not be getting this feature.
Old June 13th, 2010 (09:38 AM).

Quote originally posted by THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!:
I want random battles
Already done, Pixy dude.
[jq]In this game Global Terminal inside of the Pokemon center and it is called "Random Match". It just says that you can play freely with people from all over the country in random match mode.[/jq]

Old June 13th, 2010 (09:40 AM).
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty:
What are random battles? Everybody's getting het up about them, but I don't quite understand the idea. ;;
It'll be like randomn battle mode in PBR....no need of Friend codes...you could battle anyone randomly
Old June 13th, 2010 (09:42 AM).
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by jigglyppuff8:
Already done, Pixy dude.
[jq]In this game Global Terminal inside of the Pokemon center and it is called "Random Match". It just says that you can play freely with people from all over the country in random match mode.[/jq]
Hm.

Really? I guess it slipped my mind. /goes to edit first post
Old June 13th, 2010 (09:44 AM).
Gold Tier

Send a message via AIM to Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
Quote originally posted by DEZTROYA:
GTS does need a better Search option and offer option although i dont think legends for legends is the best they do need to make it better
Yeah, but without some such system in place you'd just have the same old noobs demanding a Level 100 Dialga for a Geodude, or whatever. :|

Quote originally posted by Mujahid:
It'll be like randomn battle mode in PBR....no need of Friend codes...you could battle anyone randomly
Oooh, right. Never played PBR, but that does sound like an excellent idea.

Old June 13th, 2010 (10:41 AM).
Follow your dream to the end ~

Nature: Hasty
I'd really like them to do something about the GTS. It's such a wonderful idea, but I find searching it almost impossible now. Whenever I look for the most basic of Pokémon, like a Glameow, all of the uploaders want Legendaries or Level 100s, or something equally ridiculous. I think they should make it so that Legendaries can only be traded for Legendaries, and so you can only trade certain level Pokémon for certain others (say, in five level boundaries, so that a Level 15 Skarmory could only be traded for a level 5 - 15 Pokémon).
This. Just... this. Back when I still needed a Teddiursa (I got one now, BTW), I tried searching the GTS. I found two. One was asking for a level 100 Heracross and the other for a level 100 Uxie. ¬.¬

There should be a limitation on what you can ask for, based on what you're actually offering. Just to stop the noobs in their tracks.

"You want to look up at the sky and always see the stars." ~ Things You Remember
~~
~~
Old June 13th, 2010 (11:23 AM). Edited June 13th, 2010 by Storm_has_formed.
"The Storm is here!!!"

Nature: Naive
I want to be able to connect to my router again! Stupid WPA.

i really want to be able to connect with WPA. Random battles are exactly what is says. You battle random people online. convenient for people who do not wanna search on forums for battles
Old June 13th, 2010 (11:29 AM).
핖보다,화이팅!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
I hate how I can't trade for pokemon that I don't have on my pokedex (national). I mean even when I want to trade for something simple as a Torkoal I can't b/c it's not listed as one of the pokemon I can ask for, well at least in DPPt. I haven't been to HGSS GTS yet but I imagine it's the same.
Old June 13th, 2010 (11:32 AM).
Often scatters things.

Totally agreed. They need to somehow connect the GTS website to it, or something. I always check the site before I check in-game, and I'll see like, a Magikarp for an Abra, then go in-game and only find people that want Kygore or Rayquaza. That's why I'm kinda glad the trade place here is so popular, but sometimes I'm just impatient.
It wouldn't sotp people from uploading hacked Pokémon, but it'd be helpful if we could read the summary of the Pokémon before we decide to trade for it, that way we can see where it was caught and things like that. If you can already do that then, uh, never mind.

Signature drawn by me.

Old June 13th, 2010 (12:05 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by shookie:
Totally agreed. They need to somehow connect the GTS website to it, or something. I always check the site before I check in-game, and I'll see like, a Magikarp for an Abra, then go in-game and only find people that want Kygore or Rayquaza. That's why I'm kinda glad the trade place here is so popular, but sometimes I'm just impatient.
It wouldn't sotp people from uploading hacked Pokémon, but it'd be helpful if we could read the summary of the Pokémon before we decide to trade for it, that way we can see where it was caught and things like that. If you can already do that then, uh, never mind. >_>
I haven't been on the GTS for ages because of this, but no, you're not allowed to read summaries or anything. The most you can see is the Pokémon's (nick)name, its sprite (which is sometimes incorrect thanks to a glitch), its location and its owner. It's ludicrous. Like you, I gave up using the GTS and came to PokéCommunity instead.

Old June 13th, 2010 (01:10 PM).
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
I'm quite satisfied that we can have random battles, and we can now upload our save files just incase we accidentally let go or lose any Pokemon for whatever reason. The only thing it, with random battles there will be no control or regulations like there is when battling through forum rules and Standard OU/UU rules... and the will be major Noobage DC's. Oh well, will make battling a bit more realistic though, which kinda excites me.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old June 13th, 2010 (01:10 PM).
"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor

Nature: Relaxed
I agree with the GTS fix but, as for the random battles; I think they should only be semi-random. As in there should be some sort of ranking system, even if there is just a separate option to have "ranked battles" rather than "social battles".
The other thing I want is (semi) random contests over wifi (assuming they are in these games).

Old June 13th, 2010 (02:54 PM).
"The Storm is here!!!"

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Haza:
I'm quite satisfied that we can have random battles, and we can now upload our save files just incase we accidentally let go or lose any Pokemon for whatever reason. The only thing it, with random battles there will be no control or regulations like there is when battling through forum rules and Standard OU/UU rules... and the will be major Noobage DC's. Oh well, will make battling a bit more realistic though, which kinda excites me.
maybe they will finally acknowledge and implement tiers... it would prevent uber fests
Old June 13th, 2010 (03:30 PM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I want this generation to support WPA keys. >:[

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old June 13th, 2010 (05:31 PM).

I am glad that the Fifth Generation will support random battles on the handhelds. I hope that the GTS will allow you to search for Pokémon that you have not seen before. I hope that Nintendo will implement restrictions on the Wi-Fi battles. If they are implemented the most likely restrictions will be that of VGC. I find it unlikely that Nintendo will adopt the fan-made standards of battling.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old June 13th, 2010 (06:03 PM).
If it works, make it better.

Nature: Lax
I'm looking forwards to the random battles. That's one of PBR's only merits, IMO, so having that built into the game would be excellent. In the same vein, maybe having the Smogon tier system put into place would help as well.

Also... BETTER HACK CHECKING. There should be a server-side check that has a list of every Pokémon in the game (that's updated with the release of every new game), which compares the Pokémon against those lists for illegal/impossible combinations of moves/levels caught/locations caught/etc. It'd make it harder for noobs to defile the GTS more than it is already.

And, as others said, WPA compatibility. That's the only reason why my router is on WEP, because everything else supports WPA or WPA2 in my house.

blind engy modding isn't up yet
Old June 13th, 2010 (07:09 PM).
42 or not 42

it could classify you depending upon whether you have legendaries in your party, or if everyone is below lvl 70, etc.

as for trades, i would greatly like the option to "see the next three traders" since i always get that all the one's trading are for lvl 100 groudons or something... if we can keep searching through ALL the trades for a pokemon, we could find something good.
Old June 13th, 2010 (07:15 PM).
Sitting by the back window

Quote originally posted by Storm_has_formed:
maybe they will finally acknowledge and implement tiers... it would prevent uber fests
Yeah, but what would they go off? Usage changes, stuff moves in and out of UU, OU and BL all the time, it's really quite...random. And the tiers need to be set up before the can be implemented, etc, etc. I think just a summary before battle would be good. You know, like you can put "fight in OU only" or something in your summary.
Old June 13th, 2010 (07:24 PM).
Lady Loki

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to MrsNorrington Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MrsNorrington Send a message via Skype™ to MrsNorrington
GTS changes I'd like to see:

*To be able to search for any Pokemon, to complete your national dex.

*I want the GTS to detect hacked Pokemon and make them untradeable. It is very unfair that people trade hacks to honest traders. This happened to my friend many times. Now we're both afraid of using GTS again.

*Limitations/restrictions/rules on trading-People should not be allowed to ask for a level 100 Rayquaza, when they are offering a lvl 3 Ratatta??!?!?!

FC: 1977-0654-1609
Old June 13th, 2010 (09:03 PM).
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Yes GTS is weird... how am I supposed to complete my Pokedex if GTS us the only way to do it and I can only search for Pokemon I have seen Whoever thought of that was a genius...

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old June 14th, 2010 (09:06 AM).
Alert to sounds.

I agree that you need to be able to access (just about) any Pokemon on the GTS. That's a bummer.
Old June 14th, 2010 (09:49 AM).
Pokémon Trainer
CS

Nature: Relaxed
A leaderboard will definitely increase the amount of competition in Pokemon battles; so that's a key point for me.

Sponsored Links