Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2010 (09:49 PM). Edited June 17th, 2010 by Cherrim.
Unknowndevil
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys
sorry, but this has been bother me but do you guys know what time the black/white happened after red/green/yellow?
Also I want known the time for ruby/sap and dimond/pearl
All I know is that they are in different region and gold/silver happened three years after red/green yellow

thanks
Old June 14th, 2010 (10:06 PM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
B/W is unknown so far.

I'm pretty sure RSE was at the same time as RBY and DPP was the same as GSC

Old June 14th, 2010 (10:16 PM).
Eliminator Jr.
Gym Leader

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by lx_theo:
I'm pretty sure RSE was at the same time as RBY and DPP was the same as GSC
D/P/Pt couldn't be at the same time as G/S/C because Jasmine is in Sunyshore in D/P/Pt but in Olivine in G/S/C.

As for the original poster, I've got no idea as for what the time frame is, there isn't enough information out there to judge. Maybe Black and White are further ahead in time because of the inclusion of larger cities and vehicles and all that (but then again it could just be a more industrial region, I don't know). Sorry I couldn't help.
Old June 14th, 2010 (10:31 PM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Eliminator Jr.:
D/P/Pt couldn't be at the same time as G/S/C because Jasmine is in Sunyshore in D/P/Pt but in Olivine in G/S/C..
D/P/Pt is actually at the same time as G/S/C...the red gyarados documentry..remember ?..Also jasmine just "visited" sunyshore and not "living" in sunyshore....
B/W has to be a few years later than G/S/C/D/P/Pt...It has some futuristic touch to it
Old June 14th, 2010 (10:37 PM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Quote originally posted by Eliminator Jr.:
D/P/Pt couldn't be at the same time as G/S/C because Jasmine is in Sunyshore in D/P/Pt but in Olivine in G/S/C.
Well it was probably very shortly after, because of the Red Gyarados. Even with, it would still probably be considered at the same basic time, as it would be in the same year.

Old June 15th, 2010 (10:12 AM).
AceTrainerLegend
Beginning Trainer

I heard B/W is set in the future, but not the far future.
Issue is meant to be more technologically advanced, more densly populated and contains bigger cities
Old June 15th, 2010 (10:21 AM).
cystar
Favorite Pokemon is Politoed

I bet b/w is set 5 years after g/s/c so 8 years after r/b/y
Old June 15th, 2010 (10:38 AM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Quote originally posted by cystar:
I bet b/w is set 5 years after g/s/c so 8 years after r/b/y
Why 5 years? Seems a bit specific for a guess...

Old June 15th, 2010 (12:03 PM).
Åzurε
Shi-shi-shi-shaw!

Roughly the same time, I'd assume. The Transfer Machine seems to be intended to transport Pokemon across distance, not time.

Assuming that, we have:

Red's Journey/Brendan's Journey -3yrs- Gold's Journey/Lucas's Journey -1-6 months- Black and White.
Old June 15th, 2010 (12:11 PM).
Unknowndevil
Beginning Trainer

I get D/P/PT could be same time as G/S/C but any prove that R/S/E was same time as R/B/Y? don't remember that from games
Old June 15th, 2010 (12:17 PM).
Åzurε
Shi-shi-shi-shaw!

Quote originally posted by Unknowndevil:
I get D/P/PT could be same time as G/S/C but any prove that R/S/E was same time as R/B/Y? don't remember that from games
Eh, tbh it just seemed logical to me. RSE and FrLg were GBA titles, while HgSs and DPPt were DS titles. I seem to recall other connections, but it's vague.
Old June 15th, 2010 (12:27 PM).
.Awesome
Awesome.

I think it'll be at the times of FR/LG and R/S/E because it's likely that Hoenn will be a remake, and every Generation's games are in the same time. (R/S/E happening same time FR/LG, D/P/Pt same time as HG/SS).
Old June 15th, 2010 (12:42 PM).
SilverStilletto
~Bubble~Bubble~

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to SilverStilletto
im guessing Isshu is just a bit more technologically advanced. i think itll probably take place around 1-3 yeahs after the Sinnoh and Johtoh adventures.

as for the thing about Jasmine being in two places at once, so to speak... she first appears in Johtoh earlier than she first appears in Sinnoh. furthermore, Sunyshore is coastal, and Olivine is a port city. maybe she makes frequent trips between the two.

as for the Hoenn adventure, it says on Bulbapedia that its at the same time as the Kanto adventure, but im afraid thats all i know.

personally, id like to believe none of the adventures take place simultaneously, but go sequentially, like they do in the Pokemon Special manga.

Old June 15th, 2010 (12:54 PM).
Åzurε
Shi-shi-shi-shaw!

Quote originally posted by SilverStilletto:
im guessing Isshu is just a bit more technologically advanced. i think itll probably take place around 1-3 yeahs after the Sinnoh and Johtoh adventures.

as for the thing about Jasmine being in two places at once, so to speak... she first appears in Johtoh earlier than she first appears in Sinnoh. furthermore, Sunyshore is coastal, and Olivine is a port city. maybe she makes frequent trips between the two.

as for the Hoenn adventure, it says on Bulbapedia that its at the same time as the Kanto adventure, but im afraid thats all i know.

personally, id like to believe none of the adventures take place simultaneously, but go sequentially, like they do in the Pokemon Special manga.
Well, I don't see why not. I sort of imagined overlap, rather than synchronization. It would make more sense.
Old June 15th, 2010 (01:05 PM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Hoenn took place at the same time as Fr/Lg, coz that's which gens the games were released.

Same with Hg/Ss and Sinnoh.

So, when Hoenn remakes come out in Gen V, we know it happens at the same time as R/S/E/R/B/Y/Fr/Lg.

Or you could read the manga. makes more sense
Old June 15th, 2010 (01:56 PM).
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
I don't think black and white are too far into the future. Honestly I don't like the whole idea of a game from one generation taking place at the same time as a game from another gen. Though it may not be said, time should progress with actual time. We have 4 years between gens, well when black and white come out they should be 4 years after DPPt, or at least a year or two after.
Old June 15th, 2010 (03:56 PM).
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
RSE is assumed to take place the same time or before FRLG. The braille text from the Dotted Hole supports this.

Quote originally posted by FRLG's Dotted Hole:
Let the two glittering stones, one in red, one in blue, connect the past. Two friends sharing power open a window to a new world that glows. The next world waits for you.

HGSS takes place three years afterwards FRLG, with DPPt taking place a short time after HGSS (I'm talking about days to months, they could have even overlapped a little).

Isshu is currently unknown, but it looks like it will take place later than DPPt.

Paired to cr4y

Old June 15th, 2010 (04:37 PM).
Izanagi
Jesus Saves.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Izanagi
About Red Gyarados: It could easily have just been a documentary on weird Pokemon phenomenon we watch in the beginning of DPPt. So yeah, the Sinnoh saga is quite a bit after the Johto saga.

~ I'm a Christian, saved by Jesus Christ ~
Behold,the original Pokemon: Choose Your Own Adventure Game!
Old June 20th, 2010 (12:59 PM).
MrGriszell
Madara

Ok you know how now hg/ss and d/p take place during the same time. And it takes place 3 years after r/b. And r/s are supposed to take place during r/b. so my question is, if they remake r/s will it take place during the events of b/w? Im only asking this because many speculate that b/w will take place after hg/ss and d/p
Old June 20th, 2010 (01:07 PM).
Weird
Lazy Guy

Nature: Relaxed
I think it'll take place during saphire and ruby if they make a remake. Ishus high developement could just be an effect of it's remote position. If they don't make a remake I'm pretty shure it'll take place after hg/ss and D/P/P.
Old June 21st, 2010 (05:58 AM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by MrGriszell:
Ok you know how now hg/ss and d/p take place during the same time. And it takes place 3 years after r/b. And r/s are supposed to take place during r/b. so my question is, if they remake r/s will it take place during the events of b/w? Im only asking this because many speculate that b/w will take place after hg/ss and d/p
Merged into a previous timeline thread.
Old June 21st, 2010 (06:09 AM).
ElectricScyther
The lessons we learn

Nature: Sassy
I disagree with the whole overlap thing altogether. I mean, just think. Gen 5 is at the same time as Gen 3 and 1 because there will be R/S remakes (if they follow the same pattern) and Gen 6 will be same time as Gen 4 and 2. Then Gen 8 will be simultaneous to Gen 6, 4, and 2, and Gen 10...
Let's not go there, OK?

Anyway, I'm just saying that it'll get really hard to keep up with that eventually.

Taio Cruz -- Dynamite

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links