Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room
Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Nature: Mild

Advertise here

Members.

Bolens=All-Around Hacker
Pinkish Purple=Spriter/Storyliner
ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ=Alpha/Beta Tester
XShadow_ReaperX=Scripter

Info.
Soul Hackers, the new breed of hackers. I(Bolens) am looking to create a team that will combat against other hacks at an advanced level. Not to compete with all time hacking greats, but to install our names in hacking fame. Those who wish to join, do so now, as we are not stopping till we get to the top!

Projects.
Pokemon Vira
With the Pokemon World being pushed to extinction...one Boy sets out to find some way to reverse it all. Sure he may just be an average kid...but he doesn't know that destiny will play a very large role in his life. Travel through the Maria Region...meeting new faces..and old characters from different Regions all collaborating to save the Pokemon Species. Travel through time is just one of the many aspects of this extraordinary game. Find out why the Pokemon are going extinct and more in...Pokemon Vira.

Support.
I am in need of a team to make this hack go through. I am looking for:

None At The Moment

Application Form.
Code:
Skills:
Proof of work:
Past experience:
Email:
Contact information:

Future Projects.

1. Pokemon Morganite (Unfinished)
2. Pokemon Corroded Memories (Unfinished)

Banner.

Last edited by Bolens; March 30th, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old June 19th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Update:
  • Title-Screen completed, and thread updated.
Time: 2:45 P.M.
Old June 19th, 2010, 10:55 AM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Skills: Beta Tester, Plot/Storyline/Idea generator, Userbar/Banner Maker.

Proof of work: Test(ing/ed) for Pokemon: Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon: Ultimate Quest by Nikolai fox, and Pokemon Heroes: Tri Elements by PEPITO1O1O

Past experience: Making userbars, coming up with ideas, and beta testing hacks like Destiny and Ultimate Quest.

Contact information: VM or PM. Also, PM for email.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Old June 19th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwilliams24 View Post
Skills: Beta Tester, Plot/Storyline/Idea generator, Userbar/Banner Maker.

Proof of work: Test(ing/ed) for Pokemon: Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon: Ultimate Quest by Nikolai fox, and Pokemon Heroes: Tri Elements by PEPITO1O1O

Past experience: Making userbars, coming up with ideas, and beta testing hacks like Destiny and Ultimate Quest.

Contact information: VM or PM. Also, PM for email.
Alright, show me some proof of your userbar making skills. Just whip one up, and show it to me. If I like it, your on the team as Userbar/Banner Maker. Once we get around to releasing an Alpha/Beta, I'll see if I want you to beta test my hack. Thanks for applying.

tjwilliams24 Employment Status: Currently pending, waiting for userbar to decide final factor of acceptance into the team.
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Alright, this was really quick. I could make a better one more fit to your liking, but here it is.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Old June 19th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwilliams24 View Post
Alright, this was really quick. I could make a better one more fit to your liking, but here it is.

Alright, seems good enough. Thanks for applying, you are on the team as Userbar/Banner Maker. Welcome to Soul Hackers!

Make sure to check this thread daily for status changes and requests for work/etc. It is good to stay on top of things.
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:33 PM
x Necromorph x
Super Saiyan 4

Nature: Naughty
Skills: Beta Testing, Banner/Userbar Maker
Proof of work: Sig, and I havent Beta Tested before.
Past experience: On Team Masterz for Mapping and Scripting, On Team Blaze for Scripting, and I have a lot of time on my hands.
Contact information: PM or VM

My Favorite Legendaries
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Necromorph x View Post
Skills: Beta Testing, Banner/Userbar Maker
Proof of work: Sig, and I havent Beta Tested before.
Past experience: On Team Masterz for Mapping and Scripting, On Team Blaze for Scripting, and I have a lot of time on my hands.
Contact information: PM or VM
Well, whip up a sample banner for me to see. If I like it, your on as Banner Maker. Thanks for applying.

x Necromorph x Employment Status=Pending until banner is shown and I confirm acceptance into team.
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:05 PM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I'd like to be a mapper. I'll upload proof of work soon.
this is not a signature
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Update:

Boot-screen editing has been completed, moving on towards Gamefreak logo replacement. Thread has been updated.

Time=6:00 P.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
I'd like to be a mapper. I'll upload proof of work soon.
Okay, whenever you get around to it, show me your mapping skills. Thanks for applying.

HackDeoxys Employment Status: Needs to show mapping skills through pictures for me to decide whether to accept him into the team.

Last edited by Bolens; June 19th, 2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:20 PM
PwnageMew
'Cuz I pwned you.

Can I join?
past experience: Lots of mapping
Skills: Napper. (whoops.)
Proof: coming soon.
Also, can I be a beta tester?
Sorry, can I be a mapper, not a napper?

Paired with HackDeoxys l My Forum l Golden Sun Addict l Team Elemental
Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" Never tried slamming a revolving door... or stapling jello to a tree.
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnageMew View Post
Can I join?
past experience: Lots of mapping
Skills: Napper. (whoops.)
Proof: coming soon.
Also, can I be a beta tester?
Sorry, can I be a mapper, not a napper?
I'm going to see more proof of mapping skills later on, but from the looks of what you showed me, they look pretty promising. Congratulations, you made the team as a Mapper. Make sure to check this thread often for updates, and important requests and etc.

With asking to be beta tester, when we get closer to our Alpha/Beta release date, we will talk about it then. I need to make sure all bugs/glitches/errors are accounted for and remedied. Thanks for your cooperation.

Update:

Route 1 mapping is about to commence. PwnageMew, I will be sending the newest IPS file to you for mapping purposes.

Time: 8:05 P.M.

Last edited by Bolens; June 19th, 2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:07 PM
x Necromorph x
Super Saiyan 4

Can I change my App to: Mapper?
Ill put up some proof in a bit

My Favorite Legendaries
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Can I change my App to: Mapper?
Ill put up some proof in a bit
Yes, it is either you or HackDeoxys. Seeing as how HackDeoxys hasn't shown me any mapping skills proof, you get first grabs. Post some pictures of your mapping skills, and I'll decide. Thanks for applying.

x Necromorph x Employment Status= Changed application to Mapper. Still need to see mapping skills proof for determining factor to accept him into the team.
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
x Necromorph x
Super Saiyan 4

Ok here is my proof:
Spoiler:

I can post more if ya want.

My Favorite Legendaries
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Ok here is my proof:
Spoiler:

I can post more if ya want.
Looks good, your able to create maps that flow quite well together, and that don't clash with each other. Your on-board as Mapper. Make sure to check this thread often for important updates, and requests, etc. Thanks for applying.
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:52 AM
WillPowerPedro
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson

Nature: Jolly
If you would allow it, I would like to Index Sprites or Map.

Skills: Mapping: I combine tiles to make more detail. Indexing: I index whatever you want, whenever you want, but I can't insert sprites (I'm super bad at it).
Proof of work: Mapping: http://img248.imageshack.us/i/map1forbolens.png/
Indexing: http://img252.imageshack.us/g/chiramiiindexed.png/
Past experience: I made Regi Town for my old hack, Pokemon RegiRangers.
Contact information: PM me
check out my music doeeee

sorry i am like never active on here anymore but you should hmu on my soundcloud or sumthin, fam
Old June 20th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPowerPedro View Post
If you would allow it, I would like to Index Sprites or Map.

Skills: Mapping: I combine tiles to make more detail. Indexing: I index whatever you want, whenever you want, but I can't insert sprites (I'm super bad at it).
Proof of work: Mapping: http://img248.imageshack.us/i/map1forbolens.png/
Indexing: http://img252.imageshack.us/g/chiramiiindexed.png/
Past experience: I made Regi Town for my old hack, Pokemon RegiRangers.
Contact information: PM me
Well, I guess it would be good to have another mapper, and your sprite indexing will come in handy. Your map was fairly well done, and your sprite indexing was superb. Your on the team as Mapper/Sprite Indexer. Thanks for applying, and make sure to check this thread daily for updates, and requests. Welcome to Soul Hackers!
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
x Necromorph x
Super Saiyan 4

Glad to be on the team! Thanks for having me.

My Favorite Legendaries
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

Can I join?
Past experiance: Mapping Fakemon making
Skills: Mapper
Proof: see below

Just to let you know Pwnagemew didn't make those maps he showed you. I did. We worked on a hack together and i showed him the maps. I had no idea he would use them as proof. Sorry.
Spoiler:

Old June 20th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Can I join?
Past experiance: Mapping Fakemon making
Skills: Mapper
Proof: see below
Spoiler:

Well, your maps look alright, could use some more attention, but fair. I am interested in your Fakemon making skills, as I want to insert Fakemon into the game. If you could do that along with some light mapping, that would be great. So, I'll put you down for mapper as of now, and if I hear from you about if you want to make Fakemon, I will update your status. Thanks for applying.
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:42 PM
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

Can you send me an IPS file with the tilesets you're using?

P.s. Here's a fakemon legendary I made
It's a mix of Entai head, lucario body, golduck arms and scyther legs. But they're all recolored so you can barely reckognise which pokemon each part came from.
Spoiler:

this is not a signature

Last edited by SwirlyBirds; June 20th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Can you send me an IPS file with the tilesets you're using?
Well, right now, PwnageMew is going to be mapping Route 1, so when he is done, I will finish scripting the first town and Route 1. After that is completed, I will give the updated IPS to you to start mapping the next city.
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolens View Post
Well, right now, PwnageMew is going to be mapping Route 1, so when he is done, I will finish scripting the first town and Route 1. After that is completed, I will give the updated IPS to you to start mapping the next city.
You know if PwnageMew does a bad job it's probably because he hasn't barely done any actual mapping. I made those maps for the project me and him are working on.
Could you just send me the tiles now so I can get used to using them before I have to make a town?
this is not a signature

Last edited by SwirlyBirds; June 20th, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Ok. but you know if PwnageMew does a bad job it's probably because he hasn't barely done any actual mapping. I made those maps for the project me and him are working on.
Well, we'll see how it turns out, and if it isn't up to par, I'm sure you could tweak them a bit. I wanted to know if you could design Fakemon for the hack? I usually don't like to have them, but I get bored of the original sprites.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here