Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room Archive
Reload this Page Soul Hackers {Now Recruiting}

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old April 26th, 2011 (03:21 AM).
Bad decisions = Good stories

Nature: Modest
Naw. It's okay man. Take your time! If it is taking a long time, then it must be a good story!
Old April 26th, 2011 (01:22 PM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Ninjutsu95:
Naw. It's okay man. Take your time! If it is taking a long time, then it must be a good story!
It is a very good story I just saw the first part of it, it's going to be great! Just sent it to man so that he can create Scripts, progress is going really fast
Old April 26th, 2011 (03:06 PM).
Cut your losses.

Nature: Quiet
I think it's best that we do the story in increments, like for instance when I just sent you the section from the start to the second route, I think that's a good way to go about it. I'll send you character transcripts too so you know exactly what to make the characters say. That message was just the gist of it, and only contained a few of the quotes. I'll have to write up the whole beginning professor lecture that happens when you start a new game, etc., so whoever's doing the scripting, leave the dialogue itself blank and stick to the movement stuff for now.

In the meantime I have two papers due, two review sessions to attend, two miscellaneous appointments to make, and a midterm to take within the next few days. After that, however, my time should be freed up much more and I'll be able to do a lot more writing for the story. Until then, I'll mostly be doing smaller amounts of storyboarding/writing like the one I did most recently.

+ + ?
Old April 26th, 2011 (03:07 PM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by ..Beyond:
I think it's best that we do the story in increments, like for instance when I just sent you the section from the start to the second route, I think that's a good way to go about it. I'll send you character transcripts too so you know exactly what to make the characters say. That message was just the gist of it, and only contained a few of the quotes. I'll have to write up the whole beginning professor lecture that happens when you start a new game, etc., so whoever's doing the scripting, leave the dialogue itself blank and stick to the movement stuff for now.

In the meantime I have two papers due, two review sessions to attend, two miscellaneous appointments to make, and a midterm to take within the next few days. After that, however, my time should be freed up much more and I'll be able to do a lot more writing for the story. Until then, I'll mostly be doing smaller amounts of storyboarding/writing like the one I did most recently.
Okay, sounds great! Thanks for everything
Old April 26th, 2011 (11:00 PM).
Cut your losses.

And just to confirm, Pokémon Morganite is the name of the current hack, not the previous one this team attempted?

+ + ?
Old April 27th, 2011 (04:14 AM).

Nice. Soooo, can you send some of it to me, so i can help out? Of course, it would be easier for me to help out after you finished the rough draft, after that butt-load of work to do.

Oh, and good luck on your mid-term. I'm rootin for ya!
Old April 27th, 2011 (11:50 AM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

And just to confirm, Pokémon Morganite is the name of the current hack, not the previous one this team attempted?
We've been working on Morganite for many months now... but never really made too much effort on it. I got an Alpha done, but the storyline needed to be completely redone
Old April 27th, 2011 (01:41 PM).
Cut your losses.

Once I figure some more things out about my own hack idea and I get the computer I ordered, I'll explain it so the team can help me out. I don't expect it to be too intense in terms of things like mapping because the story takes place in Kanto and I plan to hack FR, but I probably need a lot of help scripting and replacing/editing Pokémon and their respective dex entries.

+ + ?
Old April 27th, 2011 (02:20 PM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

Once I figure some more things out about my own hack idea and I get the computer I ordered, I'll explain it so the team can help me out. I don't expect it to be too intense in terms of things like mapping because the story takes place in Kanto and I plan to hack FR, but I probably need a lot of help scripting and replacing/editing Pokémon and their respective dex entries.
The Team would be most eager to help, that way we can work on 2 hacks at one time Or...we'll just see how it all works out, but as of now it will be great to work on another hack
Old April 28th, 2011 (06:36 AM). Edited April 28th, 2011 by Ninjutsu95.

maybe you could do a ruby hack with fire-red tilesets and stuff. So, you get the features of the hoenn with the classicness of kanto? just a suggestion. oh and if you make another hack, i want to help out alot with that too!
EDIT: oh and what should i put on the website? i will remake template later. any ideas?

NEW SIG! Check it out yo'!
Old April 28th, 2011 (01:30 PM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

maybe you could do a ruby hack with fire-red tilesets and stuff. So, you get the features of the hoenn with the classicness of kanto? just a suggestion. oh and if you make another hack, i want to help out alot with that too!
EDIT: oh and what should i put on the website? i will remake template later. any ideas?

NEW SIG! Check it out yo'!
Yeah, sounds good I don't see a website link, or even remember hearing about you making one?
Old April 29th, 2011 (06:52 AM). Edited April 29th, 2011 by Ninjutsu95.

its a page back, when i posted my whole storyline basic plotline thingy. and i didn't know i could have lots of spoilers in my sig. (actually, i didn't even know there was signature rules.) thats lame. anyway i am going to have to change it. ><
EDIT: eh. might as well just give it to you.
Glad someone actually aknolwedged it. for a second i was like... No one cared? xD

http://soulhackers.webs.com/
Old April 29th, 2011 (12:35 PM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

Well the template sure does need changed...to what I don't really know...I'm not the greatest at web site designing :/ It needs screen-shots, and if you could put the videos on as well that would work It is a work in progress...
Old April 29th, 2011 (02:34 PM).
Cut your losses.

Finished all my busywork for this week. I can get back to writing as soon as I'm notified as to which section of the map I'll be handling this time.

+ + ?
Old April 30th, 2011 (09:40 AM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

Finished all my busywork for this week. I can get back to writing as soon as I'm notified as to which section of the map I'll be handling this time.
Hopefully man will finish the scripts soon so I can insert them in Just waiting for now, hackerofdarkness is putting a Tile and Prof. Cypress's OW in
Old April 30th, 2011 (12:46 PM).
Cut your losses.

Be advised though that Cypress' OW is mostly a splice of Oak and an Aide with only a couple custom additions, so either we should probably either ditch the Aide in his lab or change that sprite too.

+ + ?
Old April 30th, 2011 (01:15 PM).
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

We'll probably ditch the aid
Old April 30th, 2011 (02:42 PM).
Bleached and gone
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to hackerofdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to hackerofdarkness
Meh I kinda prefer the aid over the prof but we'll ditch him either way since Joesph already spoke what we're going to do.
Old May 1st, 2011 (05:50 AM). Edited May 1st, 2011 by Bolens.
Soul Hacker
Gold Tier

Your Sprite Inserting could come in handy... otherwise your work isn't the greatest, but your starting out so it's okay We'll teach you new things along the way Accepted

On another note, the team's Co-Owner and Scripter, man, has left the team Right now the position of Co-Owner and Scripter are in need of being filled very badly. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated.
Old May 1st, 2011 (11:14 PM).
Advanced Spriter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Punnagg
Thanks for accepting me & give me my share of work also.

Old May 3rd, 2011 (10:30 AM). Edited May 3rd, 2011 by Ninjutsu95.

Yay! New recruit! Peace out bro! oh, and i will update the template, add videos (just tell me where they are), pictures (also where they all are), and etc. I will add punnagg to the list on the website.
oh and i can fill in with the co-owner ship, but whether i am ready is up to you. However i am available and estatic to take up the job!
Old May 3rd, 2011 (04:29 PM).
Bleached and gone
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to hackerofdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to hackerofdarkness
Yay! New recruit! Peace out bro! oh, and i will update the template, add videos (just tell me where they are), pictures (also where they all are), and etc. I will add punnagg to the list on the website.
oh and i can fill in with the co-owner ship, but whether i am ready is up to you. However i am available and estatic to take up the job!
If you haven't read the update on the team list,you should know that I'm the new co owner,just tell ya in case you wanted to know
Old May 3rd, 2011 (07:16 PM).
Cut your losses.

I'm on my new PC right now, and I'm in the process of getting used to it. Soon I'll be flash driving the hacking programs I've downloaded from the Mac to this new thing, and I should be able to start my hack. In the meantime, I guess I'll be making that userbar on the other computer.

+ + ?
Old May 4th, 2011 (04:10 AM).

@ ..beyond: Awesome Job dude! What would we do without you!

@ Hacker: ... yeah, I failed to look at the list. >< Well thanks for keeping me in! Guess i will update you on the site.
@Whoeverhappenstoreadthiseventhoughitreallyonlypertainstothemembersofthisteam,butifyouarestillcuriousthenyoucanreadthispartoo:
I updated the site template, and mixed up a few stuff, but its not done yet. I am still trying to get this certain template finished, so until then, we are going to have to make due.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)