The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Tabletop Games

Notices

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Old June 18th, 2010, 08:36 AM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
So I'm trying this one again, because I now love Beastmaster Ascension.

-28- Creatures

-2- Broodwarden
-2- Rampaging Baloths
-4- Nest Invader
-4- Kozilek's Predator
-4- Wolfbriar Elemental
-4- Joraga Treespeaker
-4- Lotus Cobra
-4- Vengevine

-8- Other Spells

-4- Beastmaster Ascension
-4- Awakening Zone

-24- Lands

-4- Khalni Garden
-3- Misty Rainforest
-3- Verdant Catacombs
-2- Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
-12- Forest

I've been trying to fool around with this deck, and I'll eventually settle on something.

It's based off making a bunch of tokens and attacking a bunch to trigger Ascension. Broodwarden helps to make the Spawns bears so they can actually not die to everything.

Let me know what you think! =D
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Looks solid. Needs moar Eldrazi Monument, less fetches, more Oran-Rief, and MUCH less Khalni Garden.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
With 6 copies of two of the best landfall creatures in existence, I'm not planning to remove the fetches. Why do you seem insistent on removing them? They thin the deck, making sure your threat density is much larger.

Monument WOULD work, but honestly, 5/6's can get there the majority of the time. A lot of decks these days can't churn out blockers that can match my attackers.

Oran-Rief is nice but isn't always necessary. Plus, it's not even a mana land half the time, which really hurts its usefulness.

And Khalni Garden might seem like a total joke, but the dude can honestly be a real help in getting those 7 counters. Every creature in this deck, regardless of stats, is vital to the deck's function.
Old June 19th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
...OH!

Lotus Cobra! It all makes sooooo much more sense to have fetches now... I missed that.

Yeah, your deck has an alternative form of manaramp that I usually don't use in my green decks, and it looks fine with fetches now.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links