Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Round Table
Reload this Page Should women be allowed to go topless in public?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Round Table Have a seat at the Round Table for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2010 (06:48 AM).
Seriously?
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Only because we've been fed religious crap can you say that....whatever, I'm not gonna press on the subject no more.
Old June 24th, 2010 (06:56 AM).
THREAD KILLER
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Skype™ to ReyRey-Pyon
i just think it should be allowed. not that women HAVE to start walking around topless. just that if we wanted to. we could

People who use tight revealings clothes as an excuse to harrass women are morons ._.
i've seen some comments about
"sudden exposure" and how "women will suddenly walk around half naked"
its not like suddenly half the women in america are gonna be walking around topless for no reason now. there are places where women ARE allowed to go topless, but they still do rarely

heck. I don't know about other places but, i hardly see that many men walk around shirtless. only sometimes
when they're out at the beach or they're playing basket ball or something and its really hot

besides most places don't allow men to waltz in topless either.
how often do you see a man go to a resturant or to work or to school without a shirt?
really
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:02 AM). Edited June 24th, 2010 by Hybrid Trainer.
My Secrecy. My Advantage.
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Jolene:
If more women started to not wear tops in public then it would make men look down on women in general. More than they already do! An injury to one is an injury to all!
I find this comment offensive to men, just because one man may look down on women just because a select few decide to take there tops off that doesn't mean that all men will suddenly begin protesting that woman's rights be removed or something like that.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 24th, 2010 (07:11 AM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by インフェルノの津波:
Jolene, I have no idea what that thing just said, and I'm going to say this:

RIGHT AND WRONG DON'T EXIST IN OPINIONS.

I rest my case.

Back to topic:

Honestly, why is it such a big deal? Why should you, or anyone else matter if someone wants to expose their body a bit more?
It's hardly an opinion to give a reason why something shouldn't be done.

It's a big deal because Men =/= Women and a Woman's chest is very different from a Man's and blablablabla you cannot change society just because you think "Why not?" because some people are very genuinely not okay with this and bla bla bla it doesn't matter if people wouldn't care had we never invented clothes and or before because that's simply the past and not reality in the present.

tl;dr - We're raised to care and it's just the way the cookie crumbles and it would cause problems to suddenly change that.

That's not to say it couldn't be changed, but it would require a lot more effort just to let people do something that isn't particularly helpful in any way.

RELI-GION. Also, we probably only put clothes on in the winter, and maybe we used to wear protective skins from the elements. But yeah, you get the point.
You're coming off as an atheist that's a bit too angry at the world. Just pointing that out.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:13 AM).
Protector of auras

Nature: Relaxed
well if they want to then sure I guess I wouldnt think anything of it just that theres a woman over there without a top on and nothing more (and no Im not gay I just think it would be rude to say or think something dirty about a total stranger or even worse a friend or aquantance)
but i wouldnt advise a female to do so as there is just to many sickos and pervs who would like nothing more than to gauwk at them all day so Id say Im against it but only because I would have a womans best interests at heart.

banner credit goes to Galukxy
Spoiler:
Im an AmpharosAnd a Togetic
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:14 AM).
Seriously?
Silver Tier

Actually, I am a Muslim. Yeah, I am angry at the world(family dishonored me).

But still, I don't get it. What's the big deal, whether you're topless or not? I understand pedos and stuff, but it's not like they lurk in every corner.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:14 AM).
Banned

Nature: Quiet
@Hybrid Trainer
IT'S NOT THE RIGHTS DAMNIT PEOPLE WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUR INSTINCTS?

Actually, going topless (or too exposive at all) makes an impression of "goes at night and returns late with 200$ in hand" so yeah.

@Yellow
I'll link to this, just to make a little more sense:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valid_argument
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:19 AM).
The kids are all messed up.

Send a message via Skype™ to BareBones
Eh... I guess it's just the way it is. Men finds breasts much more attractive than women find shirtless men, I'd assume.

And ontop of that, I hear it's uncomfortable to walk around bra-less. *Shrug*

| World of Warcraft | Homestuck | Persona 3 | Persona 4 |
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:19 AM).
Platinum Tier

@RTHookers: I know it had nothing to do with the rights i was just trying to get my point across that not all men will look down on women just because the walk around topless

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 24th, 2010 (07:20 AM).
Crystal Tier

Actually, I am a Muslim.
Really. How does one that hates on their own religion be a part of that religion, if I may ask?

Yeah, I am angry at the world(family dishonored me).
I noticed. That sucks, dude.

But still, I don't get it. What's the big deal, whether you're topless or not? I understand pedos and stuff, but it's not like they lurk in every corner.
Considering the population is approaching 7 billion, eh, yeah, predators might as well lurk around every corner. Also, I repeat You cannot change something just for the heck of it when people are clearly uncomfortable with it. Also, the female chest is considered a reproductive organ. You'd have to legalize public nudists to justify this.

P.S. I love clothes. Clothes are pleasant to the eyes.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:24 AM).
Seriously?
Silver Tier

And what's wrong with an reproductive organ?

I think I understand why men like breasts so much:

Either they like the milk, or they the squishiness.

Me, I like neither. Besides, breasts belong to babies, not men.

At least this thread wasn't about going totally nude...
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:26 AM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by BareBones:
Eh... I guess it's just the way it is. Men finds breasts much more attractive than women find shirtless men, I'd assume.

And ontop of that, I hear it's uncomfortable to walk around bra-less. *Shrug*
Ughh... instincts? lol.

Quote originally posted by Hybrid Trainer:
@RTHookers: I know it had nothing to do with the rights i was just trying to get my point across that not all men will look down on women just because the walk around topless
Not all men, but hey c'mon, how'd you know you're not hooking up with a hooker (looks at username X_X) or something?
Not many women will walk topless though. And they already get enough darn attention in tight clothes. (TURTUNE a man or something.. Dunno how it's called)

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:

P.S. I love clothes. Clothes are pleasant to the eyes.
Yeah.. call me gay (lololol) but.. as much as I love GIRLS IN A BIKINI!!!! <3 good pair of clothes still does that.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:30 AM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
For men it is empowering to be topless but for women it is demeaning you see there is a big difference.

If it was legal for women to be topless then lots of women would be topless, mostly they would be the people who just want attention and stuff and they don't care if men objectify them, but that would damage respect all women because then lots of men would objectify us. You see?
And what do you think us women do when we see a topless man who is good looking with an appealing body? We objectify him.

Plenty of women oogle at an attractive man who is out jogging topless I see this regularly.

It's natural instinct for men to be attracted to the female body as well as it is for women to be attracted to the male body.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:30 AM).
"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor

Quote:
Wall of text
You see you are all wrong and I am right.
Well for starters, the topic is should women be able to go out topless, not are they. But anyway, since when was it illegal for a woman to be topless on a beach? Either people are always breaking this law, or it's something only on the other side of the pond.

Old June 24th, 2010 (07:32 AM). Edited June 24th, 2010 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

At least this thread wasn't about going totally nude...

And what's wrong with an reproductive organ?
Well, now... it sort of is...

The answer is that people don't like seeing these things and you can't just change society because you want it to be different on some assumption of right and wrong.

Quote originally posted by Rich Boy Rob:
Well for starters, the topic is should women be able to go out topless, not are they. But anyway, since when was it illegal for a woman to be topless on a beach? Either people are always breaking this law, or it's something only on the other side of the pond.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the beaches have to be specifically nudist beaches for this to be legal. Like, there's a sign and warnings and shiz around beaches that happen to be designated as nudist beaches.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:39 AM).
Seriously?
Silver Tier

Right and wrong don't exist when people are involved. It always gets screwed up, which is why I barely argue.

In any case, if the world wasn't so "civilized", then I would say rip your shirt off if you wanted to.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:46 AM).

Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the beaches have to be specifically nudist beaches for this to be legal. Like, there's a sign and warnings and shiz around beaches that happen to be designated as nudist beaches.
Really? I thought the only difference was with nudist beaches you could be completely naked. I'm sure I've seen a fair amount of women lying topless at a (non-nudist) beach.
Mind you, it could just be varying rules between the USA and UK. Afterall, America has stricter censorship rules in regards to sexual... stuff.

Old June 24th, 2010 (07:47 AM).
Platinum Tier

@RTHooker: i know that not all women will choose to walk about topless, i said that in a previous post, all i was saying is that what Jolene was wrong to say that all men will look down on women just because some may or may not choose to take there tops off in public.

-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 24th, 2010 (07:50 AM). Edited June 24th, 2010 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Rich Boy Rob:
Really? I thought the only difference was with nudist beaches you could be completely naked. I'm sure I've seen a fair amount of women lying topless at a (non-nudist) beach.
Mind you, it could just be varying rules between the USA and UK. Afterall, America has stricter censorship rules in regards to sexual... stuff.
I know absolutely nothing about the rules in the UK. All I know is I'm pretty sure that's illegal here in the US. Though, at least if all beaches were nudist beaches my parents wouldn't try to force me to go to them.

Quote originally posted by FreakyLocz14:
And what do you think us women do when we see a topless man who is good looking with an appealing body? We objectify him.
...Does thinking of someone as a "tool" count as objectifying? Can't say I've ever been fond of topless men. It just makes me feel slightly awkward at best. Not that I ever say anything. Clothes = <3

Right and wrong don't exist when people are involved. It always gets screwed up, which is why I barely argue.

In any case, if the world wasn't so "civilized", then I would say rip your shirt off if you wanted to.
Yes they do. ;/ I'm detecting extreme moral decay in your argument.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:52 AM).

I think men should keep their tops on.

We can't use the argument "men are more attracted to topless women than women are attracted to topless men" because one rule doesn't fit every individual. There are many, many women who get hot and bothered at the sight of an attractive male chest. Some without even wanting to. It creates a lot of discomfort and tension.

I frequently find myself averting my gaze from topless men because I simply cannot help how I feel about it. I immediately feel "damn that's hot" but I don't want to, especially having a partner I am very loyal to and who shares the same values, only difference being he thinks it's okay for men to be topless which pisses me off a bit because he would hate to know how it makes me feel (aroused). I actually feel pretty disgusted and quite intruded by it. If I am the only one who feels this way then I will eat my shirt!
Old June 24th, 2010 (08:03 AM).
iconic
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
No, just no.

Men should be able too, but not women. Besides, it's like the world is becoming accited to prostitutes.

TYRANNASNORE.
REVIEW BLOG.
Old June 24th, 2010 (08:07 AM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Para-Dox:
No, just no.

Men should be able too, but not women. Besides, it's like the world is becoming accited to prostitutes.

Finally someone with a good sense here.

All honestly:
Can't we settle for a good pair of clothes and be done with this thread?
Old June 24th, 2010 (08:10 AM).
iconic
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
Quote originally posted by RTHookers:

Finally someone with a good sense here.

All honestly:
Can't we settle for a good pair of clothes and be done with this thread?
Thank you, mabye this place is perfect for me after all.

TYRANNASNORE.
REVIEW BLOG.
Old June 24th, 2010 (08:13 AM).

Quote originally posted by Para-Dox:
No, just no.

Are you saying that every woman in that are nudist or semi-nudist are prostitutes? Just because a woman gets hot and takes her top off doesn't mean she want's you to pay her for sex, that just makes no sense.
If everyone was allowed to be topless, then soon enough most people wouldn't think anything of it.

Old June 24th, 2010 (08:13 AM).
Conservative Patriot
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
Last night I saw two young ladies oogling over an attractive young man they saw pass by topless on my trolley ride home. They were really giddy with excitement and were stating out loud how aroused they were. This goes to show that women can be just as bad as men when it comes to oogling a bare-chested member of the opposite gender.

Also why are parents offended by their sons looking at pictures of women bare-chested and not offened by their daughters looking at a bare-chested male? Do they think their daugthers won't fap to it like their sons would? Well they would be very wrong about that. Sex is sold to young girls just as much if not more than it is to young boys with all these boy bands and cheesy yet attractive musicians.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links