The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Zoroark-Nightmare's Avatar
Zoroark-Nightmare
Do you know your enemy?
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I say .....
NO.

M'kay, first of all.
What little kid needs to see boobs? No one.

Totally innapropriate..

Second, the whole sexual attractiveness thing.
__________________
[1NS0MN1AC]
  #102    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:20 AM
RTHookers
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
WHAT. THE.

MEN =/= WOMEN. STOP ARGUING. STOP IT! THERE IS NO BATHROOM.
  #103    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Rich Boy Rob's Avatar
Rich Boy Rob
"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
Last night I saw two young ladies oogling over an attractive young man they saw pass by topless on my trolley ride home. They were really giddy with excitement and were stating out loud how aroused they were. This goes to show that women can be just as bad as men when it comes to oogling a bare-chested member of the opposite gender.

Also why are parents offended by their sons looking at pictures of women bare-chested and not offened by their daughters looking at a bare-chested male? Do they think their daugthers won't fap to it like their sons would? Well they would be very wrong about that. Sex is sold to young girls just as much if not more than it is to young boys with all these boy bands and cheesy yet attractive musicians.
Thank you. It's stupid how society only recognises sexism towards women.
__________________
In my pants!

  #104    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTHookers View Post
WHAT. THE.

MEN =/= WOMEN. STOP ARGUING. STOP IT! THERE IS NO BATHROOM.
So you are saying that women and men should be treated differently in the law's eyes and that you are against equality for women?
  #105    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:29 AM
RTHookers
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=%3D%2F%3D
Enjoy.

I just said men aren't equal to women. Moreso, there was no mention of rights. Men are NOT equal to women and vice versa.
  #106    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:31 AM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTHookers View Post
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=%3D%2F%3D
Enjoy.

I just said men aren't equal to women. Moreso, there was no mention of rights. Men are NOT equal to women and vice versa.
But it is legal right that is being discussed here.

Also, rape would not go up. If studied law like I do you would know that the large majority or rapes are commited by someone the victime knows. Stranger rapes are rare.

Last edited by FreakyLocz14; June 24th, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
  #107    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Jolene's Avatar
Jolene
Your huckleberry friend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Quote:
Last night I saw two young ladies oogling over an attractive young man they saw pass by topless on my trolley ride home. They were really giddy with excitement and were stating out loud how aroused they were. This goes to show that women can be just as bad as men when it comes to oogling a bare-chested member of the opposite gender.
But boys like it when girls ogle them.

If you call out to a guy in the street who is hanging out with his friends and you call him sexy or something like that his friends will all cheer him and he will feel empowered.

But for a girl it is demeaning. Like sometimes when creepy van drivers who call to you out of the window it is not nice.
__________________

What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Joliet is the sun!

Last edited by Jolene; June 24th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.
  #108    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
RTHookers
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Rape? When did I discussed rape? I raped a girl twice, she was under GHB effect so she doesn't remember anything though.

Anyway, thread is reported to the mods. No offense Freaky, but this thread seems to draw some unwanted crap nobody asked for it. (I do agree that I spammed worthless things, it's because pervert males (Yeah, I agree topless females would be awesome, but hey, I'm a male now, and well, instincts aside) > are annoying and just go like "helllyeah4r6346#^$%&#$".) Women shouldn't expose their body (too much) No problemas if you're walking with a bra (make sure you wear something colorful or nice to the eyes though), but topless is a complete joke.
Also males doesn't have a bra (TRANSEXUAL DOESN'T COUNT), so yeah. "Men walking topless" is not a valid argument, because men doesn't have bras.
  #109    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Virtual Chatot's Avatar
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denver, Co
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Screw all that women's liberation bullcrap, it comes down to an issue of morality and whether or not society agrees that it is acceptable. For instance, I'm taking a class on Women in tribal societies for my Anthropology major, and right now we're studying women who go (for lack up a better term) topless in everyday life (such as those found in South American tribes). It was found that in all cases of tribes who have women who go topless all the time, the breasts were not even considered to be an object of sexual gratification.

In short, if you see them all the time, you won't find them attractive anymore. If we have one generation of kids who grow up with people going shirtless all the time, the males will simply find something else to be attracted to.
__________________
My account is almost ten years old. o_o
  #110    
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
You do realize that several moderators have posted in this thread already don't you? Don't you think one could have locked it by now?

And Jolene, how do you know how a man feels? I'll have to play devil's advocate here and say that women who choose to reveal themselevs are doing so because they want to be looked at just like men like to be looked at (either that or they just aren't ashamed of their bodies). The women who are ashamed of their bodies, like their male counterparts, would wear more covering clothing.

Last edited by FreakyLocz14; June 24th, 2010 at 09:00 AM.
  #111    
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:57 AM
twocows's Avatar
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
No. Logically, there isn't any reason for such laws. Culturally, there is. We have rules for dress, and while some of them might not exactly be intuitive, they should be respected. A lot of people would find such behavior horrifying because it's contradictory to the already established rules in our culture. Unless there's some huge shift in behavior over the next few years, this won't and shouldn't happen.
__________________
Doctors Without Borders: one of the few charity groups you can rely on to actually do real good in the world.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS

Last edited by twocows; June 24th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
  #112    
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Pokeyomom's Avatar
Pokeyomom
Hoenn no you didn't...
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oregon
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
But boys like it when girls ogle them.

If you call out to a guy in the street who is hanging out with his friends and you call him sexy or something like that his friends will all cheer him and he will feel empowered.

But for a girl it is demeaning. Like sometimes when creepy van drivers who call to you out of the window it is not nice.

Wow; that isn't sexist at all. I know plenty of girls who enjoy being the object of desire. They are just boobs, and if people didn't stigmatize nudity so much, there wouldn't be all this hoo-hah about nothing. It's purely mammaphobia and sexual elitism.
__________________
  #113    
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Boy Rob View Post
If everyone was allowed to be topless, then soon enough most people wouldn't think anything of it.
Kinda like murder. If everyone did it, people wouldn't think anything of it anymore. That makes it right!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeyomom View Post
Wow; that isn't sexist at all. I know plenty of girls who enjoy being the object of desire. They are just boobs, and if people didn't stigmatize nudity so much, there wouldn't be all this hoo-hah about nothing. It's purely mammaphobia and sexual elitism.
It isn't sexist, at all. There's nothing discriminatory at all about pointing out a double standard. Also, there's nothing elitist about this, and I highly question the taste of using the term mammaphobia to describe a dislike of nudity.
__________________

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; June 24th, 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #114    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
shookie's Avatar
shookie
Often scatters things.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
Kinda like murder. If everyone did it, people wouldn't think anything of it anymore. That makes it right!
What you did there? I seen it.

I never really thought about the difference in rules regarding going topless. It's never really been a pressing matter for me.
Do I think women should be allowed to breastfeed in public? Absolutely.
Do I think women should be allowed to wear things such as bikini tops in really really hot weather, even if without another shirt on? Yes.
Do I think women should be allowed to walk around topless in the same circumstances that men do? No.

I'm well aware of the whole "well women can stare at men and find their shirtless bodies attractive" thing. I'm not exactly surrounded by perfectly sculpted male models all the time, though. I may get crucified for this, but I don't exactly want to see a sweaty, overweight, hairy man without a shirt on doing work in his lawn. For that matter, I don't want to see a sweaty, overweight shirtless anybody doing work in their lawn. In the same respect, I wouldn't mind seeing well-built men OR women walking around topless.

That's not how society is, though. When it's really hot outside do I wish I could take my shirt off to cool off? Sure, but I don't. Why? Contrary to popular belief, I'm a lady, and it's not lady-like to prance around in my underwear or less. I barely like wearing tank tops in the summer if I run the risk of accidentally showing a bra strap.

That's just me, though. There may be plenty of other women who are comfortable walking around topless or feel they should have the freedom to do so, and that's just not me.
__________________

Signature drawn by me.

  #115    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:15 AM
poopnoodle
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
Quote:
Kinda like murder. If everyone did it, people wouldn't think anything of it anymore. That makes it right!
lol comparing breasts to murder. murder is wrong because it's interfering with the life of another, what have breasts done? i don't see anything wrong with revealing skin, we're born naked. people conceal themselves because society has taught them to, when really they couldn't answer when asked why exposure of certain parts of the body is considered immoral.
  #116    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:19 AM
NOOBLMAO's Avatar
NOOBLMAO
Woosh
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to NOOBLMAO Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NOOBLMAO Send a message via Yahoo to NOOBLMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
Kinda like murder. If everyone did it, people wouldn't think anything of it anymore. That makes it right!





It isn't sexist, at all. There's nothing discriminatory at all about pointing out a double standard. Also, there's nothing elitist about this, and I highly question the taste of using the term mammaphobia to describe a dislike of nudity.
Terrible comparison. Making murder illegal has many moral bases and you probably don't need me to write them all out.
Can you think of any moral reasons to force women to cover their boobs?

EDIT: Why is showing murder PG-13 when showing boobs is R?
__________________
Earth seen from 3.7 billion miles away.

Last edited by NOOBLMAO; June 24th, 2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added stuff
  #117    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Azonic's Avatar
Azonic
pls stop talking to me
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: stranger danger
Age: 1
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
topless... women ... public??

OMYGOD YES!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOBLMAO View Post
Why is showing murder PG-13 when showing boobs is R?
because society just so accepts the fact that showing boobs is much worse and is much more provocative than showing mens chests and murder and this is the idea that this thread is challenging. Oh and by the way showing murder isn't that big of a deal really... showing extreme violence and gore gives an R rating too ya know.

anyways I disagree with poopnoodle. Showing certain body parts to younger people may give them the wrong idea and charge them sexually instead of where they should be charged (omg this sounds soo...). Youth is when one is most vulnerable and most influenced.
  #118    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panic Station
Age: 19
Well, personally, my opinion is fat people and anorecsics shouldn't be allowed to wander around topless.....but I'd get arrested for saying that.

Personally, I don't have a problem. As long as somebody's grandma doesn't.....just....ugghhh....almost as bad as an old guy......

However, it should be limited.....same for guys too....

And also, the thing about how "men like it when girls ogle them" which I saw a few posts up.....I bet it works vice versa too....and believe it or not, Family Guy actually raised this issue......which is that people go crazy over attitudes to men and women being different....yet always distinguish what's right and wrong for each gender anyway......**** it let's burn all our clothes xD
__________________
  #119    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:49 AM
poopnoodle
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
Quote:
anyways I disagree with poopnoodle. Showing certain body parts to younger people may give them the wrong idea and charge them sexually instead of where they should be charged (omg this sounds soo...). Youth is when one is most vulnerable and most influenced.
people like what they're censored to, i think that's where attraction to concealed areas of the body comes from. i think if they're raised exposed to the body, they'll see it as natural, not sexually stimulating.
  #120    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Rich Boy Rob's Avatar
Rich Boy Rob
"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnoodle View Post


lol comparing breasts to murder. murder is wrong because it's interfering with the life of another, what have breasts done? i don't see anything wrong with revealing skin, we're born naked. people conceal themselves because society has taught them to, when really they couldn't answer when asked why exposure of certain parts of the body is considered immoral.
At the risk of going a little off topic, but that reminds me of a quote someoneorother said:
Quote:
The day you are born is the last day you are truly free.
Depressingly it's true.
__________________
In my pants!

  #121    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow's Avatar
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOBLMAO View Post
Terrible comparison. Making murder illegal has many moral bases and you probably don't need me to write them all out.
Can you think of any moral reasons to force women to cover their boobs?
I see that bandwagon. Here's a lesson in context.

"Just because people can be made used to it, doesn't in any way make it right." This is the moral of that comparison. Murder can be substituted with any other atrocious act.

And morals?
Boobs are no different than any other private part. You're either for public nudism or you're against public top-lessness in women. Think it's sexist? Take it up with nature. If men had an equivalent private area on their chest they would be "force"d to cover it too.
__________________

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; June 24th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
  #122    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Alyssachu's Avatar
Alyssachu
Trainer in training! ;D
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Ohhhh wow. That's so weird that I found this topic today, because I was JUST thinking about this earlier this morning. O_o ...Honestly... I don't get the damn hype on why men are allowed to be topless either. I'm sure it goes waaaaaaaayy back in the day when women were considered "owned" by their husbands, or whatever, and were only allowed to do few things. Kind of like in those countries where the women have to wear a veil around their heads when they go out. *rolls eyes* It's just a... taboo that has been kept around for a very long time. And it's ridiculous. I dislike how on a very hot day a guy can go out in his yard, topless, and not be looked at in a gross way. But if a woman ever did that- the neighbors would call the police. ...Well, either that- or fap to it. LOL ... Men have "breats" as it is, too. Just because our's actually stand out and/or produce MILK doesn't make it a hell of a lot more different. *rolls eyes*
__________________
Call me Alyssa!
Please visit my Digimon fansite.

h8ers to tha left.
  #123    
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:56 AM
poopnoodle
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
Quote:
At the risk of going a little off topic, but that reminds me of a quote someoneorother said:
Quote:
The day you are born is the last day you are truly free.
Depressingly it's true.
agreed, it's a shame we can't appreciate it then

Quote:
Boobs are no different than any other private part. You're either for public nudism or you're against public top-lessness in women. Think it's sexist? Take it up with nature. If men had an equivalent private area on their chest they would be "forced" to cover it too.
why should breasts be considered "private?" society made them sexual objects, no one has to view them as such.

Last edited by poopnoodle; June 24th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
  #124    
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:10 PM
RTHookers
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
STUPID FEMALE DISCUSSION NEEDS MOAR MALES.

Ok, where do I start? 'Kay Yellow, START SPEAKING IN FRIENDLIER ENGLISH. I have to get a translator whenever I read one of your posts..
Above, BOOBS FTW. Hmmm, lemme see. Society never said it's a sexual item. Isn't it just used because when males have sex (talk about topless women walking the streets thread =/) they just get nasty (I mean, I HAVE SO MUCH DAMN PRESSURE ON ME). Anyway it's just males' sexual pressure while doing it I think.

@Thread should be closed imo. It's just a stupid flame war. Thread sounds like a criminal pub or something, murder and boobs.. XD

Just reminding ya we're on a Pokemon forum guys. (And girls)
  #125    
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:11 PM
SIN1488's Avatar
SIN1488
Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by インフェルノの津波 View Post
But still, I don't get it. What's the big deal, whether you're topless or not? I understand pedos and stuff, but it's not like they lurk in every corner.
What do pedos have anything to do with women being topless? Most pedos don't like breasts anyhow, and even if they did that's still irrelevant.....

And about the article or thing Jolene posted, it basically sounded to me like women should have equal rights, but they shouldn't because people will look down on them? lolwut?

To be honest I don't know why I'm even bothering with this subject as I don't really care either way, but if I were a women I would probably want the option to go topless on a hot summer day.

Also, women don't have to be looked down upon in all cases, though maybe this isn't the best example. Ukranian feminists recently protested some political thing by going topless in public, and it definitely caught more attention than a regular protest would have.
__________________
www.zoklet.net/bbs <> www.totse.info
Freemasonry: Square your actions by the square of virtue.
Twins Vika and Masha sent out...... What the?? PC Family ./<o>\Little Sis'/<o>\Little Brother/<o>\Lil Sis'/<o>\Uncle/<o>\Long Lost Cousin/<o>\Nephew from the future/<o>\Little Sister/<o>\Queen Aunt/<o>\Reminder: 4 words per post
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.