The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 20th, 2010 (01:07 PM).
ShinyEeveeGirl
"Beat" Crystal in Under a Day

Location: United States of America (please don't hold it against me)
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to ShinyEeveeGirl
Description: Use only Pokemon caught or traded before challenging Whitney's Gym.
That includes not going past Goldenrod to catch anything pre-challenge.

Allowed- Trading for all the starters for a balanced team, using whatever comes out of the Odd Egg (I hope it's Pichu or Elekid, for balance sake),trading for an Eevee early on (for my psychic or dark-type) (I have two copies so I can trade between myself since it's not a wi-fi compatible version.

Not Allowed- Using Gameshark codes, trading for any Legendaries (though you can catch them, you can't use them.) Changing teams for a legendary full one right before fighting Red at Mt. Silver.

Notes- This is to challenge myself, I will post my team, their levels at each city, their move-sets, and notes on Gym fights. I will also post my time-played daily, until I beat Red, at which point I will update only after every 10 new 'dex entries. I will post total time played after 100% completion.

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

If you believe that catching and training a well balanced team early on is better than spending months and weeks breeding and searching in the farthest-flung weirdest places in your region, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old June 24th, 2010 (10:41 AM).
MistahDude
Primate Pokemon Master

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to MistahDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyEeveeGirl View Post
Description: Use only Pokemon caught or traded before challenging Whitney's Gym.
That includes not going past Goldenrod to catch anything pre-challenge.

Allowed- Trading for all the starters for a balanced team, using whatever comes out of the Odd Egg (I hope it's Pichu or Elekid, for balance sake),trading for an Eevee early on (for my psychic or dark-type) (I have two copies so I can trade between myself since it's not a wi-fi compatible version.

Not Allowed- Using Gameshark codes, trading for any Legendaries (though you can catch them, you can't use them.) Changing teams for a legendary full one right before fighting Red at Mt. Silver.

Notes- This is to challenge myself, I will post my team, their levels at each city, their move-sets, and notes on Gym fights. I will also post my time-played daily, until I beat Red, at which point I will update only after every 10 new 'dex entries. I will post total time played after 100% completion.
This really isn't much of a challenge. You can get a well balanced team before Whitney, and I usually do.

Check out my Youtube Channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Boarbeque
Check out my Twitter!: http://www.twitter.com/Boarbeque
Old June 24th, 2010 (10:46 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Yeah, I do this all the time with like Abra and Machop/Geodude for fighers and a Totodile and Pidgey for HM Slave. Abra is so overpoowered in that game that any challenge that you can use him on is just too easy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links