The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

No...you know that guy in the 2nd movie? He could've put them in pokeballs...there wasn't a problem until they escaped.

In the games, the problem is the idiots simply wake them up and ask them stuff, instead of capturing them and ordering them to do stuff.

And, apparently some bug catcher had a Heatran??
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:51 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I'd love it if Gible evolved here, man that'd be epic!

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
I'd love it if Gible evolved here, man that'd be epic!
I don't think I can even imagine Ash with a Gabite... I would just LOL if it evolved twice in one episode to a Garchomp :D (not going to happen)

Ya know, Ash could probably beat Takuto and in the rest of the episode he could probably lose in the final. The final battle could only be like 5 mins, thats what they did with May in the Kanto grand festival, she beat Drew and went up against soledad (they didn't show the whole battle and I don't even think it lasted more then 5-10 mins :\

Old August 20th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Ya know, Ash could probably beat Takuto and in the rest of the episode he could probably lose in the final. The final battle could only be like 5 mins, thats what they did with May in the Kanto grand festival, she beat Drew and went up against soledad (they didn't show the whole battle and I don't even think it lasted more then 5-10 mins :\
Nah, I prefer Ash lose to Takuto than only get a few minutes with another trainer in the Finals. Plus, since Ash beat Paul and is going against Darkrai in the Top 4, it wouldn't make sense for Ash to lose to anything weaker than that. I never liked the idea of missing out on May's contest match against Soledad either. It just seemed like the viewers missed something worthwhile. :\

I believe I haven't posted my review on Ash vs. Paul's Finale am I right? Well, like the battle between Ash and Conway, this pretty much made my day entirely. It also made up for the writer's slack at the beginning of the League IMO. My favorite part of it all was Infernape activating Blaze and wiping out Paul so bad. Paul needed that after how he treated Infernape as a Chimchar. It was the perfect closure for the perfect rivalry. I don't know if Paul's personality has changed, but I sense he realized that Ash's method of training was no less than his; that friendship and bond with your Pokémon can make a difference. Ash achieved something Paul couldn't, and that's what this whole rivalry was about since Ash captured Chimchar after Paul released it. I really liked this episode though and the moment of silence before Electivire fell was glorious right there! n_n

The ending was enlightening. It was sad to see Paul have to leave before he could watch Ash's battle against Takuto, but I guess there was no real need to keep Paul around since his story was finished with Ash. Though, I really wish the Leagues and Contests these days would be like how they started with a finishing ceremony that included everyone who participated from the start; I always liked that.

As for DP189, my remarks on the preview so far was posted earlier.
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Yes it would be awesome if Gible evolved, but I seriously doubt it.

I think Darkrai sweeps Ash's first 5 Pokemon, but Pikachu finally manages to finish it off. But then Takuto uses a Gen V Pokemon to beat Pikachu.

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:11 PM
weedle_mchairybug

As long as Pikachu doesn't lose against Darkrai, I won't mind his losing against Takuto.

See, I believe in consistency a LOT, so I get extremely annoyed if Pikachu loses to a Pokemon that he should definitely be able to beat. Since Pikachu defeated Regice all by itself, he really should be more than capable of defeating Darkrai. Then again, he lost to Paul's Ursaring even though Ursaring was severely underclassed (Pikachu had about four leagues and a Battle Frontier under its belt, whereas Ursaring was a rookie.). Honestly, if Ash's Pikachu should have lost to anyone in that match, it should have been to Torterra, since at least then he would have been on relatively equal terms (as Paul's Torterra was indicated to be with him his entire journey).

In fact, that's also one of the reasons that, whether I actually want it or not, or like it or not, I would have preferred it if Ash was actually removed from the show after the Battle Frontier, or they at least got rid of Pikachu, since there is absolutely no point after this to have Pikachu lose to pokemon he should be fully capable of beating.
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
*Charizard*
Velocity

Nature: Adamant
Well im 99.99% positive ash will lose against Takuto and im fine with that...top 4 finish is a great accomplishment for Ash. However it would suck if Ash gets swept by Darkrai. Like others have mentioned if Ash manages to take it down i would be happy just because no one has been able to during the league.

Not to mention i saw the preview for the episode... any reason why they didn't show ash's 6th pokemon? fingers cross for the return of Charizard!!!! if not maybe Kingler? or one of ash's other pokes which don't get much screen time.

CLICK THE POKEMON EGGS PLEASE!

GPXPLUS PARTY PAGE
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

I think Ash'll teach Takuto an important life lesson or two along the way, so the match won't be a total loss.

Old August 21st, 2010, 01:35 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

What? Drop Darkrai because my Pikachu is awesome??

I saw somewhere Gible goes to Isshu...so I hope it evolves, not gets traded like Aipom did....

@*Charizard*: They couldn't drop Ash. He's a "chosen one", "aura guardian", saviour of god knows how many towns....they have to keep him because they can't honestly expect there to be multiple people like him.
Old August 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
@*Charizard*: They couldn't drop Ash. He's a "chosen one", "aura guardian", saviour of god knows how many towns....they have to keep him because they can't honestly expect there to be multiple people like him.
I always wondered if all decent trainers had insane journeys similar to Ash.

Paired to cr4y

Old August 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM
*Charizard*
Velocity

Nature: Adamant
@Amore: i never said to drop Ash at all from the show???

CLICK THE POKEMON EGGS PLEASE!

GPXPLUS PARTY PAGE
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:29 AM
weedle_mchairybug

Yeah, I definitely don't recall *Charizard* ever saying that Ash will leave the show (then again, I only read pages 1 and 10.). Of course, even if he did, I can see why he would think that.

It's been... (Checks Serebii.net) about a month now, and the only hint that Ash, or even Jessie James and Meowth will be in BW is from that artwork, and even that only seemed to have JJM on it. In fact, Ash is absent from any of the promotional material, even the trailers. If Ash is supposed to be in BW, why is it that they aren't even showing him in the trailers? Heck, even DP at least showed Ash in promotional material by this point. I wouldn't even be surprised if Ash appearing in Isshu was a concept that was considered, but then left on the cutting room floor.

Well, as I said before, I'll only concede to Ash losing as long as Pikachu doesn't lose to Darkrai (since what would have been the point in having Pikachu win against Regice all by himself if he can't even handle the other pokemon.). If he loses, then I'll be extremely ticked off with the writers. Sheesh, it's times like these that I wish the writers actually replaced Ash in DP rather than allowing him to continue. Just because Ash is the so-called star of the show doesn't mean that Ash should be kept on the show. Heck, they replaced Red in Pokemon Special, and he was the star considering how he was the main character, and he even had a Pikachu.

Last edited by weedle_mchairybug; August 22nd, 2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Adding on-topicness
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
It's been... (Checks Serebii.net) about a month now, and the only hint that Ash, or even Jessie James and Meowth will be in BW is from that artwork, and even that only seemed to have JJM on it. In fact, Ash is absent from any of the promotional material, even the trailers. If Ash is supposed to be in BW, why is it that they aren't even showing him in the trailers?
Spoiler:
Probably because they don't want to spoil Ash's next match vs Takuto. Once they finish that match they probably will start showing Ash in Isshu.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:10 AM
weedle_mchairybug

Originally Posted by Silver25 View Post
Spoiler:
Probably because they don't want to spoil Ash's next match vs Takuto. Once they finish that match they probably will start showing Ash in Isshu.
To be honest, I doubt they would even care if they spoiled the outcome of the match. For one thing, during the Grand Festival arc, Japan released summaries for both the Ursula Match and the final GF episode, the latter of which basically spoiled the outcome of the Ursula match, since the former summary tried to keep it ambiguous, but the latter episode confirmed that Dawn was going to fight Zoey at the exact same time, thus making the ambiguity to prevent spoilers pointless.
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Silver25
Trainer

So Serebii updated the character profile for Takuto...

READ ONLY IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE SPOILED
Spoiler:
So I guess Ash DOES manage to takeout Darkrai. And who does Takuto send out next? A Latios! I mean really, I never saw that coming. So it says Pikachu DOES defeat Latios, but at the same time fainted afterwards giving Takuto the win. Got to give Ash and his Pokemon some props for taking down two legendary Pokemon. And I guess Takuto really is a Legendary Trainer (or a trainer who trains Legendaries, so it is possible he could have and Entei as shown in the opener.

The way Takuto was introduced, they really made it seem as though he was some "evil" trainer or something, but now he clearly is just like any other rival of Ash's. I hope he makes an appearance in Isshu (however unlikely that may be). And as for the battle, Ash beat 2 legendary Pokemon - I'm happy. Of course it should have been the finals, but oh well. The only thing I am complaining about is Torkoals short amount of screen time.

Last edited by Silver25; August 26th, 2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:31 AM
>Feelings<

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Feelings<
... ...Very sad...

Spoiler:
This battle was supposed to be in the finals. That would have made me feel better.
And if Ash lost to some other normal Isshu region Pokemon, I would have felt even better.

But no...
He just had to have another legendary Pokemon to piss me off.
How come he gets so many Legendary Pokemon in his team?
If Ash could continue, Takuto would probably choose a Groudon, so I'm glad it's over...

The reason I think this battle should have been in the finals is because Ash is the only trainer so far out of all the Gym Leaders and all the trainers in this whole tournament who has gotten to Takuto's second Pokemon and defeated Darkrai.
Just moments later, it is revealed that Takuto wins the whole tournament by once again solo-ing the opponent's team with just Darkrai in the finals.
So Ash really was better.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Spoiler:
I just finnished watching it! HE HAD TO HAVE ANOTHER LEDGENDERY!!! I can't belive it though, ash only managed to defeat 2 of his pokemon :\! I can't complain too much about losing to latios though, pikachu could defeat the rest of his 4 pokemon The ending wasn't magnificent but I liked it! I don't think we will see barry after that! I wonder what brock was saying....

Last edited by Guy; August 26th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
First thing I want to say, I think that Takeshi has been foreshadowing his departure since DP 188. And then in this episode, he's all "What about me?" to himself when he sees that the other two have grown and have their own dreams.

By the way, that was the most intense battle I have ever seen so far. I knew the results of the battle but it still... worried me, when Takuto sent out
Spoiler:
Latios, which was totally unexpected!
I was, like, WTF when it appeared on my screen.

And I just noticed, but Takuto's voice actor is also the person who voiced Japan from Hetalia. Now when you think about it, he sounds familiar...!

ERRRR, back to the episode, I thought that Pikachu's battle between
Spoiler:
Latios
was the most worrying part. After that, I just gave a sigh. Man, that was a lovely league, save for the small quantity of competitors and how sucky the beginning was.

The music was excellent at the end. Kinda gives a "it's over, the league, but my journey isn't over!" feel. And to top it off, Takeshi's speech was also the same before he started thinking to himself.

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old August 26th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I kind of wish Takuto comes to Isshu but I don't think that is at all possible... Would be interesting though to see if Ash can ever beat a legendary trainer
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Spoiler:
Yay for Sceptile beating Darkrai!!!

Nice episode actually. Like, mellow So it come to an end. :'(

I think Brock was saying, "So Ash has won, and we'll need to move on. What'll happen next?"

I don't understand Japanese at all, but that's what I'm thinking he said.

Last edited by Guy; August 26th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I want to give props to the writers this season. They truly pulled out some "Oh my gosh, what the ... ?" moments this time around. With most of the seasons in the past, a lot of events became easily predictable. However, this time around it was different. So I'm only hoping they keep up with those antics to have the viewers on the edge of their seats in Best Wishes.

Spoiler:
From the previews it really looked as though Sceptile was going to lose to Darkrai. But nope, he pulled off a win against a legendary. A legendary that no one else in the League or the Gym Leaders could have taken on. So, Sceptile just proved [once again] how much of a powerhouse it is to Ash's team. He made a good call bringing it back. Heracross had his moment against Nando, so I wasn't all too upset with his loss against Darkrai. Though, he did land a hit which was a plus - same would apply to Gible. As for Torkoal, the one who needed the shine a bit more was cut too short. I thought they could have done better than that. Sceptile was handled well. I loved how they showed a strong connection between Ash and Sceptile in his nightmare. This is one of Swellow's few losses, but I loved how the writers decided to pull a sky on sky maneuver - I always do, which is why I love the Pokémon Ringer Competitions. As for Pikachu, well, he just earned another victor against another legendary Pokémon. Latios' appearance was well done, I must say. I was completely caught off guard when I saw that come out. Though it made me think at the end, what other Pokémon does Takuto have? O_o;

Anyway, the tie was great and Ash really only lost by default since he didn't have anymore Pokémon to use. :\ This episode and the Ash vs. Paul trio episodes really pulled this entire league together after its bad start, I agree.

The ending was nicely put together. Too bad this battle wasn't put into the finals, but then again if Ash ever makes it to the finals I want that to be his win, and I want it to be one of the biggest battles to date. Ash losing 2-6 to a guy with Legendaries for the Final Round would have left me uncomfortable. :|

I guess Brock realizes it's time for him to do something; something worthwhile and not just be a backseat character anymore. I've gotten used to the idea he won't be around for Best Wishes. I'm sure he can accomplish more with whatever his future plans may be (most likely involving something with doctoring Pokémon). As for Barry, I have hopes to see him again depending on what he said at the end. It won't surprise me if we see him back in Twinleaf Town or at least making a guest appearance in BW to have a rematch with Ash.

So, now we head back home. /Sigh It's kind of sad to see DP ending so quickly now that it's coming to a close within the next two weeks. Oh well

...Wow, what an episode. :)
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

I don't feel cheated, like I thought I would. It is a great battle, and very understandable why Ash lost. THIS is how to make a losing final match awesome. This is one of my favorite fights of the anime, behind only Ash vs Paul. But unlike the Kanto and Johto Leagues, I honestly think this is one of the best ways they could have handled it. And it shows that Ash is not going down quickly, or without a fight.

But that's just me.

Last edited by Zeta Patchouli; August 26th, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

@Hiiro: Thanks for Spoiler Tag-ging my post. I'll know to do so in the future

I was interested in knowing what other Pokemon Takuto had after seeing that other one.

Last edited by Bluerang1; August 26th, 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I didn't really like how Ash had to lose against all those legendaries/ubers. It seems rather unfair because you'd have to train "normal" Pokemon a lot more to be able to defeat them. Shame, since last episode got me really excited, this one put me in a pretty bad mood. I agree with others who said this battle should have taken place in the finals, but perhaps they've planned so far ahead to have Ash lose in BW at the finals *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana Azumi View Post
And I just noticed, but Takuto's voice actor is also the person who voiced Japan from Hetalia. Now when you think about it, he sounds familiar...!

The music was excellent at the end. Kinda gives a "it's over, the league, but my journey isn't over!" feel. And to top it off, Takeshi's speech was also the same before he started thinking to himself.]
AH! I thought I recognised that voice

Me too, that's really nice Kanto music there. It put me in a better mood at the end of the episode, anyway.
Old August 26th, 2010, 01:17 PM
WildBolt
Beginning Trainer

Let's look at it this way.
If Ash even bothered to catch any of the Legendaries that he has encountered in his life, Takuto wouldn't even stand a chance.

But Ash knows better. He knows Legendaries are not meant to battle in Pokemon Leagues or even battle at all, especially against the likes of normal Pokemon.

Takuto is a joke. And to think Ash's Sceptile and Pikachu beat a Darkrai and Latios.

Ash has already become a Pokemon Master in my book.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links