The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
I personally think Ash will be using his Sinnoh team against Paul, so I don't think it's Swellow. I hope it's Gliscor but it's return seem more unlikely every episode, but that's what would make a Gliscor comeback even more amazing. I'll say that it's Staraptor. That looks like Staraptor's Brave Bird (It is red, right?).

EDIT: I stole this from a post on Bulbagarden.

Compare to the episode picture. I believe he's back.
Well ive just enlarged the image in paint and it looks like staraptor just about to go into brave bird, your can see the blue spark thing infront of it and the other pokemon paul have looks like a drapion so yeah... this will be good :D

Old July 16th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Godot17
The Skeptical Scepter

Nature: Serious
Quote:

Compare to the episode picture. I believe he's back.
What the **** is that Pokemon? That doesn't look like any one of the Bird Pokemon I've ever seen. Or did Staraptor take something before the battle?
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
What the **** is that Pokemon? That doesn't look like any one of the Bird Pokemon I've ever seen. Or did Staraptor take something before the battle?
Dunno if your being sarcastic or somthing LOL but thats one of staraptors moves called brave bird... :\
Also, for all those saying there gonna go for whats in the 3rd game... they can't :\ Its not like they are gonna want to wait a few years for the 3rd game to come out and then start Best Wishes since they've already started making the episodes...

Last edited by Mew~; July 16th, 2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old July 16th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Godot17
The Skeptical Scepter

Brave bird my ass. Look through the blue and absolutely nothing makes sense. You call that steaming pile of blue cover to an ugly face brave bird? Yeah right.
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Mikuru-chan
Beginning Trainer

Looks like Staraptor with a longer emo fringe.
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirbychu

That doesn't really look like the body of a bird to me. I am almost sure that I can make but Gliscor, and that looks like X-scissor. Then again I really want it to be Gliscor. :(

Paired to cr4y

Old July 16th, 2010, 09:37 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Did any one see the Barry V.S Paul episode?
This entire league, I've just loved the interaction between Ash and his rivals.
Its been a real hoot, than again the battle was pretty cool.
Don't know why there showing so much Team Rocket though.
I mean, I like there characters but I'd rather see more of the league battles.
Hopefully they won't interupt the Ash V.S Conway battle next week.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:

That doesn't really look like the body of a bird to me. I am almost sure that I can make but Gliscor, and that looks like X-scissor. Then again I really want it to be Gliscor.
Actually not that you mention it, it kinda does look like a gliscor using X-scissor, that spark I thought was bravebird looks kinda of like an ex and you can almost make your Gliscor's claws glowing, OH MY GOSH, NO WAYYYYY!!!

Old July 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
Did any one see the Barry V.S Paul episode?
This entire league, I've just loved the interaction between Ash and his rivals.
Its been a real hoot, than again the battle was pretty cool.
Don't know why there showing so much Team Rocket though.
I mean, I like there characters but I'd rather see more of the league battles.
Hopefully they won't interupt the Ash V.S Conway battle next week.
Spoiler:
Barry was awful in that battle.

I don't understand all this Team Rocket screentime either. If they must be in, let it be the beginning and the end. They don't really have a place in Gym and League episodes. :/

I just noticed, there's only 64 people in the Sinnoh League. That's a really small number. There were around 256 in Kanto and over 9000 600 in Hoenn. I don't know exactly how many were in Johto, but it had to be a three-digit number. This is funny since Sinnoh's supposedly the biggest of them all.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 16th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thorns
Trainer

The Darkrai trianer isn't the Heatran trainer.

The Darkrai trainer has longer hair and a cape. The Heatran one doesn't.

Close, but very far.
Old July 17th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Mikuru-chan
Beginning Trainer

I liked how Shinji told Jun they had a a good battle at the end, he really is changing, it seems. But I'd really like to know what the conversation between Hikari and Kohei at the start was all about, that looked pretty funny.
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
My review on the most recent episode featuring Paul VS Barry is a lot better than my previous review with Ash VS Nando in the Sinnoh League.

I like the fact that the episode focused more on the battle itself than the other aspects of the show. It still does bother me that Team Rocket themselves are taking up some screen time. :\ Unless it's for a good reason, then it's basically wasting the time for battle for little reason.

I enjoyed the fact that they did give Barry a couple different Pokémon from his DPPt team. It made things more interesting and proves the writers are learning to break free from their predictable writing at times. Skarmory using Spikes was great. It looked cool in the anime too. As for Torrent, that was the best part of the battle, and I hope to see it brought out more in future episodes with the Water Starter Pokémon. It's a bit disappointing that Barry didn't even get one win over Paul, however he did put up a decent fight for his probable finale in the show.

I give props to the ending though. I liked how Paul complimented Barry; it shows Paul's slight turn around in the show.

Overall, the show was satisfying and I'm looking forward to Ash's battle against Conway. It looks like it's going to be a tough one this time around and best of all we get to see Gible's shining moment in the show.
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

It looks like Gible will have its time to shine in the Conway battle, this also hints Gliscor's return. If Ash decides to use his Sinnoh team against Paul, and Gible won't be used, It makes sense that it will be showcased in this battle.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Guy
just a guy

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2995/001rlo.jpg

Major team spoiler for DP186 & 187 Ash VS Paul.
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Godot17
The Skeptical Scepter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Good job. I have been spoiled now and now I am willing to kill to watch this episode. AWESOME-CAKES
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Man, I'm excited. Those are some great match-ups.
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:31 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Next episode title has been revealed:
Episode 656: Rival Battle Conclusion! Ash VS Paul!

Wow, that's like 3 episodes right? That has to be one of the longest battle's the anime has had, unless the battle finnishes in the second episode and we see the last pokemon left standing in the third episode :\...

Last edited by Mew~; July 21st, 2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:05 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Next episode title has been revealed:
Episode 656: Rival Battle Conclusion! Ash VS Paul!

Wow, that's like 3 episodes right? That has to be one of the longest battle's the anime has had, unless the battle finnishes in the second episode and we see the last pokemon left standing in the third episode :\...
Argh! I want this to finish during my holidays so I can watch the Final episode live. Jeez Producers. Seriously, what else are they going to use to fill the half hour episodes? Team Rocket? I'm angry now

EDIT: Oh, August 19, 2010. Hmmm, I guess I have one week after that left, but it won't be enough
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:25 AM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Yes! Gliscor is back!

And it looks like Ash will be using his Sinnoh team, +Gliscor and -Gible. And Paul's using a few new Pokemon too, like Gastrodon, Ninjask and Froslass. I have a feeling the final battle will be Infernape vs Electivire, since they're the main rivals.

But Paul isn't using Torterra? Or Magmortar or Ursaring? Man that sucks.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
-So Ash vs. Conway. Trick Room's finally being implemented.
-Shuckle vs. Noctowl.
-SKY ATTACK?! WTF?!
-Can't seem to break that defense.
-Power Trick? Really? :\
-Poor Donphan...you really did much of nothing XD
-IN YO MOUF
-Draco Meteor's been perfected! Yay~
-Lickylicky lol
-AIR SLASH AND EXTRASENSORY?! WTF?! Wow, Noctowl's been on steroids or something...that's like ridiculously impressive o.O
-You know in the 1v3's the 1 takes down two of Ash's pokes ridiculously easy and then Ash pulls through with the least likely candidate to do the job.
-...and, yup, what'd I tell you.
-At least we see Darkrai Dude's face.
-WTF GLION OMG LKHSKDASBNKJDASHBDKHSDKNJHGDKLWHDOWD =D =D =D <3 <3 <3

So Paul has a very strange team on his hands, while Ash is using his Sinnoh lineup. Perhaps Paul should've done the same?
(I'll bet Buizel peters out first...because it's so weak lmao)

Too bad we gotta wait two weeks for the battle to even start lmao.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:47 AM
Guy
just a guy

Yes, the Sinnoh League is now beginning to heat up. This episode, I could watch it again and again until DP 186 airs in the next two weeks. There's quite a bit of things I liked in this episode compared to the last two. For starters, not only did it feature both old and new Pokémon, but it also gave them reasonable screen time; other than Donphan, who seemed like the fallout Pokémon for this episode. Regardless, he still got decent screen time for the Battle Frontier Arc. It amazes me how Noctowl learned not just one new move, but THREE new moves - and all very powerful ones too. For the record, I love how they portrayed Air Slash. n_n;

Gible was definitely the shining Pokémon this time around. Plus, he mastered Draco Meteor. However, the ending where Gliscor appears explains why. :) Sadly, I guess this kind of runs the idea off the road on Gible following Ash to Isshu next season.

The cream of the crop though, we finally get to see what this Legendary Trainer looks like. Appears pretty mean though.

Anyway, I can't help that this episode put me in such a good mood. I probably have a lot more to say about this episode, but I ran out of words...
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

This episode was extremlly fun.
Boy am I glad Team Rocket had little screen time *Few*
The action was just epic.
All of the moves Ash pulled was brilliant.
I liked every one's reaction to Ash suprise Pokemon bahaha.
The ending was my favorite part, every one in the show is just excited as we are for the Ash V.S Paul fight
That Darkrai guy is scarry looking, he looks all evil ><
Over all, fun episode. Its one of those types that I also could watch over and over again.
Oh and it looks like that Ash V.S Paul fight will be a three parter, a three part freakin wow.
I hope its mostly battling with maybe some flashbacks and some talking about there rivalry.

Last edited by PearlShipper4Life; July 22nd, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Well the fact that Paul's only using one member of his Sinnoh lineup sucks - it would've been better if both sides had used the same teams as their last 6 on 6 battle, so it could be shown how both sides progressed. Although I am really happy about the fact that its a three-parter. I don't remember any other battle going that long, and despite Paul's team, it's still gonna be epic.

And is that Darkrai trainer a guy or a girl???

Last edited by Diablerie; July 22nd, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
HackinJohn
FireRed ROM Hacker

I don't know if it's just me, but I would love to see Ash beat Paul with his original team: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Snorlax, and Pidgeot (who he would call back, like he said he would, but obviously never did). I know this would never happen, but I think it would be really awesome if this would be how Ash moved onto the next round (according to some spoilers--and coming from an English major in college who has studied all about scriptwriting--Ash would have to beat Paul here because there is more at stake this time, having already lost).

Any thoughts?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:16 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I'm pretty glad Ash isn't using that team.
He needs to use his current team to take down Paul.
You know, the guy who pawnd all of Ash pokemon all region?
Don't yah think they deserve there chance at him?
Ash will likely win this one. There trying to proove a right here, Paul shouldn't be treating his Pokemon that way. With Dawn and Zoey's rivalry, they were friends so it didn't matter who won or lost at that time. However, more is at risk here.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links