The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:36 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~

Advertise here
It's been confirmed that hes gonna use his Sinnoh team, but using Gligar instead of Gible..

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:09 AM
pika247
Pikachu Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
It's been confirmed that hes gonna use his Sinnoh team, but using Gligar instead of Gible..
So Gliscor's coming back?

EDITo it is, just checked Bulbapedia. This ought to be a treat.

Last edited by pika247; July 23rd, 2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:37 AM
HackinJohn
FireRed ROM Hacker

True, bringing Gliscor back would make sense, seeing as Gliscor was part of the team that Paul beat during the 6v6 battle. It would also make sense to use his Sinnoh team, seeing as that was the team Paul beat, and the Pokemon on the team will probably want to win just like Ash.

I think that it would be neat, though, to eventually see Ash bring back that old team, but I think it should definitely be saved for the last anime episode (if we ever see one).
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:40 AM
XxRogueTrainerxX
Needs a better username

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to XxRogueTrainerxX
It's pretty obvious that Ash will win the round. He's been trying to defeat Paul ever since he started his journey in Sinnoh. But like always, Ash will be defeated by some other Trainer later on in the league.

Soulsilver Friend Code: 0646-9647-2624

Wi-Fi Battle Stats:

W: 30
L: 6
D: 0
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

So, Ash will probably win against Paul and lose against the Darkrai trainer...this league has been rather predictable :(

- Oooh, Shirona
- lol, TR get improved improved business from her
- Shirona likes ice cream...hey, it's thew old Pokemon league guy
- Wow, Noctowl looks more shiny than it did before
- Why is he using Noctowl when he could use Mukubird??? o.o
- Oooh yeah, Noctowl can use Psychic attacks
- OK, Donphan's OK...
- Gible?? -_- Wtf is Ash doing...
- OK, so Gible's eating Shuckle...
- I like how everyone has a sweatdrop, except Brock who they can't be bothered to animate
- Aww, Shuckle has a cute Japanese voice
- Eww, it looks like Gible's being sick...that was pretty smart of Conway
- Randomly managed to get Draco Meteor right to win...
- Ash should've remembered Jessie's Likitung...
- Gible's out, oh wait, it's not
- Ash, why did you choose such weaklings for this match, obviously don't think much of Conway
- OK, good idea to fly out the way, Ash
- Noctowl out -_-
- Donphan out, too...wait, I thought Gible was out...
- Oh, OK, it's not
- Biting Shadow Punch...? Well, it's a dark type move, I suppose...
- HELL YEAH, MEZASE POKEMON MASTER 2001
- Draco Mereor'd Dusknoir
- wow, just thought, since Cynthia's here, maybe Ash will battle her o.O
- lol, what's with the weird music when the cards are spinning
- So the Darkrai trainer is a new trainer, then
- Huh, that route music didn't really fit the Paul vs Ash thing. Don't they usually go with Satoshi's Battle Decision?
- Glion's back, cool

Preview

- OK, Ash is using good Pokemon against Paul
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
This was both and epic and lulzy battle. However, I could have done without the scene where Shuckle throws up in Gible's mouth, this is a kids show!

Hooray, Gliscor
is coming back! Hopefully he'll be very strong. I don't mind that Psul isn't using the same team as last time, I just naturally hate the Pokemon he chose for his team. :/

This legendary trainer looks lame.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Fan_the_Flames
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Seriously, they should have put the Darkrai trainer and Paul into the same bracket before Ash. Would be a pretty interesting battle to see if they would actually not let Ash face Paul in order for the Darkrai trainer to have more spotlight. And would have made this a bit less predictable.

Like has been said, Ash MUST beat Paul. It's every anime's "Hero's Resolution" as I call it. Put a rival in front of the main protagonist and have them fight a few times. If the rival wins every match, and absolutely humiliates the hero, there will be one moment near the end of the season that they will face each other one more time. Obviously, the hero will somehow win the match, leading to the rival's either change of heart or will to try harder and defeat the hero.

Now there's also the mysterious trainer we've never seen before. But since Ash can't get to the Elite Four yet, I'm gonna say he loses.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:09 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
How da hell did Ash beat Cohen (who is surprisingly a great Trainer)? I hate how Ash kept switching out, Cohen didn't do that once. I loved seeing Shadow Force+Punch in the Anime. Ash did battle well though. *sigh* I knew the outcome but Cohen did great. I can see how this battle took one whole episode, but I don't know how Ash v Paul will take 3. I guess most of the next one will be reminiscing with Gliscor. Lovely episode, I enjoyed it. Oh so that's the Darkrai Trainer. A female right? *checks* Hmmm, not sure. That's all I have to say. Cohen did great, never knew Shuckle could be so strong. What endurance move was that? When it glowed and you know...

According to this thread (DP18x), the last episode is 189 *fingers crossed*

So the episodes will go:
  • Mostly about Gliscor and Training, then start of battle
  • Battle
  • End of Battle and beginning of Goodbyes
  • Goodbyes
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
According to this thread (DP18x), the last episode is 189 *fingers crossed*

So the episodes will go:
  • Mostly about Gliscor and Training, then start of battle
  • Battle
  • End of Battle and beginning of Goodbyes
  • Goodbyes :)
Nope, I expect the last episode to be DP193 for the least. The way I see it, we still have three episodes for Ash vs. Paul [DP186 - DP 188]. After, we still have Ash to face off against the LT. Which I expect to be at least one episode seeing as they've put in so much effort to let us viewers to know he exists [DP189]. Now, depending on whether Ash wins the Sinnoh League or not (right now anything is possible) DP190 could either be the ending of the LT trainer's battle with Ash and the departure of Paul, Barry, and Conway as well as the closure of the Sinnoh League.

If Ash wins the Sinnoh League, then it's possible that part of DP190 could be used for an exhibition match with Ash vs. Cynthia and Ash loses, learns of Isshu, and decides to head there next. I'm sure Cynthia is there watching the league for more than just being there.

DP191 could be the final episode where we see Zoey and maybe Ursula since they didn't really get a proper send off like Kenny did as yet. Next off, we get DP192 where we have Dawn leave the group to continue her journey alone, and then Brock revealing his new dream and decided to leave Ash for good as well.

Finally, DP193 Ash arrives home and prepares for his journey to Isshu. At the end we see Ash leaving with Pikachu to Isshu in either a blimp, airplane, or ship. This will be the end of the Sinnoh Arc leading to the start of Pokémon Best Wishes which will be aired prior to the release of Black and White.

This is how I see it in my head anyway. XD;
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
★Symbiosis★
★Pokemon Master★
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackinJohn View Post
True, bringing Gliscor back would make sense, seeing as Gliscor was part of the team that Paul beat during the 6v6 battle. It would also make sense to use his Sinnoh team, seeing as that was the team Paul beat, and the Pokemon on the team will probably want to win just like Ash.

I think that it would be neat, though, to eventually see Ash bring back that old team, but I think it should definitely be saved for the last anime episode (if we ever see one).
I Agree 100% On That & We All Know That Ash Will Most Likely Win This Match.Due To Other Events That Took Place.

I Can't Wait I Think Not This Episode That Comes Out The 24th Of July But The One That Comes Out 31st Of July His Grotle Evolves Into A Torterra I've Been Dieing To See Him Have A Torterra.

My PC
Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled | Razer Naga Epic | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 | LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor

Pokemon X | Name: Symbiosis | ID No: 15133 | Pokedex: 230 | Time: 45:55 | Badges: 6 | Adventure Started On: 8/29/2014
Pokecommunity | Facebook

Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Nope, I expect the last episode to be DP193 for the least. The way I see it, we still have three episodes for Ash vs. Paul [DP186 - DP 188]. After, we still have Ash to face off against the LT. Which I expect to be at least one episode seeing as they've put in so much effort to let us viewers to know he exists [DP189]. Now, depending on whether Ash wins the Sinnoh League or not (right now anything is possible) DP190 could either be the ending of the LT trainer's battle with Ash and the departure of Paul, Barry, and Conway as well as the closure of the Sinnoh League.

If Ash wins the Sinnoh League, then it's possible that part of DP190 could be used for an exhibition match with Ash vs. Cynthia and Ash loses, learns of Isshu, and decides to head there next. I'm sure Cynthia is there watching the league for more than just being there.

DP191 could be the final episode where we see Zoey and maybe Ursula since they didn't really get a proper send off like Kenny did as yet. Next off, we get DP192 where we have Dawn leave the group to continue her journey alone, and then Brock revealing his new dream and decided to leave Ash for good as well.

Finally, DP193 Ash arrives home and prepares for his journey to Isshu. At the end we see Ash leaving with Pikachu to Isshu in either a blimp, airplane, or ship. This will be the end of the Sinnoh Arc leading to the start of Pokémon Best Wishes which will be aired prior to the release of Black and White.

This is how I see it in my head anyway. XD;
Oh yeah, LT battle could take another 3 episodes. They might as well end on DP200. I don't even want to watch it live anymore, better quality on YT. I just want it done and over with xD
Old July 24th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Hey... I've never posted on the Anime Forums' before...
Anyway Serebii have just Announced that a new episode Named...
Spoiler:

Sinnoh League Semi-Finals! Darkrai Appears
What are your thoughts and Opinion's ? I Personally think that Ash is going to win his battle with Paul But then Lose to Darkrai... I Dont think the Writer's will give him a League win yet or you never know they might
Thoughts?

Last edited by Vernikova; July 25th, 2010 at 06:19 AM. Reason: 「Getting to this」
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
Like always, Ash arrives at Semi-Finals, and a mysterious trainer beats him!
Anyway, this time I hope that he will win!

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
Just a question: why, in DP 186 preview, Paul uses 3 Pokèmon and Ash uses 4? :O

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

There's a thread up there for that. Sadly.

Merge
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porygon Z View Post
Like always, Ash arrives at Semi-Finals, and a mysterious trainer beats him!
Anyway, this time I hope that he will win!
Isn't this the first time Ash has made it to the semi-finals?

Paired to cr4y

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porygon Z View Post
Just a question: why, in DP 186 preview, Paul uses 3 Pokèmon and Ash uses 4? :O
Ash VS. Paul is a 6 on 6 battle. Knowing how much anticipation was put into this battle, it's easy to assume there will be many switching in and out of Pokémon and it'll be a very long battle (three episodes long). Therefore, the preview doesn't have to match up Pokémon to Pokémon like they did with the past few episodes of the Sinnoh League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
Isn't this the first time Ash has made it to the semi-finals?
Kanto → Top 16
Orange Island League → Winner
Johto → Top 8
Hoenn → Top 8
Battle Frontier → Offered/Declined the position of a Frontier Brain
Based on that, yes, this is definitely Ash's first time making it to the semi-finals.
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Spoiler:
New episode, looks like Ash beat paul?
Episode 657: "Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears!"

Last edited by Vernikova; July 25th, 2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: 「Getting around to this」
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

Ash VS. Paul is a 6 on 6 battle. Knowing how much anticipation was put into this battle, it's easy to assume there will be many switching in and out of Pokémon and it'll be a very long battle (three episodes long). Therefore, the preview doesn't have to match up Pokémon to Pokémon like they did with the past few episodes of the Sinnoh League.
Kanto → Top 16
Orange Island League → Winner
Johto → Top 8
Hoenn → Top 8
Battle Frontier → Offered/Declined the position of a Frontier Brain
Based on that, yes, this is definitely Ash's first time making it to the semi-finals.
The difference here is that after Ash beats Paul, I believe he'd have only battled 4 times. This seems to be a really small league.

Paired to cr4y

Old July 25th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Please put all episode titles and future episode speculation in spoilers. I won't warn you guys again.
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Hey, I also noticed that. Maybe it would take too long to finish the league in time for the BW games? I mean, it's dragging on for a long time already.
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Yep, the suspense is ****ing murder. I don't want to wait 4 weeks from know to know if Ash beats Paul!
Spoiler:
K, whatev, I know since the later episode

But still, I hate suspense like that. I demand a marathon.
Old July 28th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Waiting 3 weeks to watch the Ash vs Paul fight from start to finish is gonna be torturous.

Old July 29th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablerie View Post
Waiting 3 weeks to watch the Ash vs Paul fight from start to finish is gonna be torturous.
Agreed. They skipped this week, leaving me with nothing to watch on my Thursday afternoon. :(

On the plus side, the LT's Japanese name is confirmed to be Takuto. It was known before when Conway mentioned his name in DP 184, but was speculated on after. Serebii seems to have confirmed it now. The only thing that bugs me is that this guy seems to have defeated all the Gyms and challenges in the League with his Darkrai alone. It kind of bugs me as a cheap way of winning his way through the Sinnoh League.
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Well he'd have to have other team members - surely he couldn't expect to go his whole journey using just Darkrai. I doubt Darkrai would sweep through Ash's team by himself, Takuto would need to use his other team members too. Then again, with Ash you never can tell.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here