The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:42 PM
revelp8
My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to revelp8

Advertise here
i was wondering to make a new thread about the new trainer but after reading this i suppose not

Spoiler:
It makes sense that Takuto would breeze through the gyms, who wouldn't be able to with a darkrai, sleep and sweep, he's uber for a reason. i think its a first that a legendary is participating in a league such as this (though technically articuno was first in the battle frontier, but that's a different story)

Charizard should make an appearance no? He's been in EVERY league match that Ash has had so far, i don't think the producers are gonna stray far from tradition....right?
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelp8 View Post
Charizard should make an appearance no? He's been in EVERY league match that Ash has had so far, i don't think the producers are gonna stray far from tradition....right?
It's been discussed here already. First off Charizard was not in the intro to Sinnoh League Victors which could be a hint that it will not be used. Second, Charizard didn't appear in the Hoenn League which means that he has not made an appearance in every league match. And lastly, Sinnoh is pretty far away from Johto. I think it is too far for Charizard to fly there (ofcourse they could transport the pokeball but they have never done that before).
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:54 AM
revelp8
My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to revelp8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver25 View Post
It's been discussed here already. First off Charizard was not in the intro to Sinnoh League Victors which could be a hint that it will not be used. Second, Charizard didn't appear in the Hoenn League which means that he has not made an appearance in every league match. And lastly, Sinnoh is pretty far away from Johto. I think it is too far for Charizard to fly there (ofcourse they could transport the pokeball but they have never done that before).
I guess that's what infernape is for huh. why have 2 fully evolved fire pokemon, just means theres going to be a bad water weakness =\
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Having Charizard would make sense because he is the only pokemon in Ash's team that has ever taken down a legendary pokemon before (Articuno)... He is more than just a fire pokemon as he is also a flying pokemon and maybe could give Darkrai a ride for his money... But as people said, I don't think Charizard will make an appearance.

I am interested in this trainer though... Does he only have Darkrai or will he have others? I'd be very interested in seeing him only use Darkrai, but I just don't see that happening...
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
I am interested in this trainer though... Does he only have Darkrai or will he have others? I'd be very interested in seeing him only use Darkrai, but I just don't see that happening...
I'm wondering that too. They have focused on this trainer for weeks and I don't think they would just have Darkrai sweep through Ash's team. I'm thinking either he sends out Darkrai and decides to switch out to test Ash (because maybe he considers him a worthy challenger, or maybe he decides to hold off on sending out Darkrai till the end for some reason. Anyways, I hope they do show his other Pokemon.
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Anyways, I hope they do show his other Pokemon.
If he has any other Pokémon.

... I think he does though, considering this is a 6 on 6 match and Takuto would need another Pokémon in order to capture Darkrai as his own. Unless, Darkrai chose to travel with him free willingly.
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

^Or he somehow received Darkrai as his starter pokemon . Hey... you never know lol
Old July 30th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

If he has any other Pokémon.

... I think he does though, considering this is a 6 on 6 match and Takuto would need another Pokémon in order to capture Darkrai as his own. Unless, Darkrai chose to travel with him free willingly.

I can't tell you how funny it'd be if Takuto owned all 6 of Ash's Pokemon with just Darkrai.

Or even better, he has 6 Darkrais!

Paired to cr4y

Old July 31st, 2010, 10:00 AM
>Feelings<

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Feelings<
I wonder... Does the Pokemon League not require you to have at least six Pokemon for six on six match?
Or could you enter the whole tournament with just one if you wanted?
These questions were never answered in the anime canon, were they?

Besides, someone winning against six Pokemon while just using one would be too unrealistic, as Ash has actually clearly beaten at least two Legendary Pokemon already.

Moreover, there was this thought that crossed me earlier - what if Takuto is just an illusion created by Darkrai?
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:03 AM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
... Thatd be weird. Darkrai using the Trainer as a guise. He couldnt make him solid, how could he pick up the badges?
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM
chiefsfan212006
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
First off Charizard was not in the intro to Sinnoh League Victors which could be a hint that it will not be used.
Heracros wasn't in the opener.
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Feelings< View Post
I wonder... Does the Pokemon League not require you to have at least six Pokemon for six on six match?
Or could you enter the whole tournament with just one if you wanted?
These questions were never answered in the anime canon, were they?
With Gyms you must have more than 1 if it is 3 on 3 (or more). I would guess the same rule applies. If they did allow Takuto to enter with just 1 then it would be unfair. Think about it, if people were allowed to enter with only 1 or 2 then their opponents would have less pokemon to defeat while others have to go through 3 , 4, or 6. Even if they were really strong, it still isn't fair to everyone. But you're right, we don't know completely, but I would guess that it does apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan212006 View Post
Heracros wasn't in the opener.
And Quilava was still presented as Cyndaquil and they changed that. The point is it is still highly unlikely Charizard will show in the Sinnoh League.
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

He probably does have 6... he just never carries them because he does not need them.

Remember, in the game you can just enter with 1 pokemon.
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:47 PM
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote:
The point is it is still highly unlikely Charizard will show in the Sinnoh League.
Pffftt. Whatever your smoking, can I have some?
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:10 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
Pffftt. Whatever your smoking, can I have some?
???? I never said it was impossible but I just think that it is not likely for him to show.
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:32 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I think that GFA should calm the **** down because no one cares for his petty insults.
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
I think that GFA should calm the **** down because no one cares for his petty insults.
That wasnt an insult ...

Anyway ... Yeah. Charizard maybe far away, but he's got a larger move-pool, which is reason enough for him to bring Charizard back
Old August 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
That wasnt an insult ...

Anyway ... Yeah. Charizard maybe far away, but he's got a larger move-pool, which is reason enough for him to bring Charizard back
Charizard was not in the opener, he's very distant from Sinnoh, and Gliscor pretty much took the "returning" moment away. It's not impossible, but it's very unlikely that Charizard is going to make a return for this series to compete in the Sinnoh Conference. So, I'd just give it a rest for now as bringing it up every time isn't going to help much. If he comes back, then that's great you could go bouncing off the walls telling us "I told you so! I told you so!" but for right now there's no sign of him returning so just keep calm and keep watching.

Charizard is officially not Ash's only fully evolved Fire Type. Infernape has come about and it could change things. Seeing as how heavily focused Chimchar was throughout the show he could easily replace Charizard's return as well. So, again there wouldn't be much need for Charizard to appear this time.

Also, you seem to complain and shoot down every new thing that's been being released recently. From the Sinnoh League episodes, the new anime characters, to the new features and Pokémon in Black and White. Maybe you should try keeping an open mind every once in awhile and try to enjoy things. Don't knock it, till you've tried it.

It's okay to voice your opinion, but don't voice it to where you're simply bashing things down, and then when someone says you are, you come up and say you aren't. Clearly, you are. So, just calm down, voice your opinion to where it reaches its point but doesn't go beyond that, and maybe try to keep and open mind on things and just have fun. You're not working for Pokémon so don't try and change something that isn't going to happen. Be satisfied on what you get or just don't get it at all.

I don't mean to sound rude or direct, but I've been watching you for awhile now and it seemed you needed some kind of verbal warning somehow. I just want to help you stay out of trouble is all; if you can do that, please.
Old August 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
GFA
Community Supporter

Ive had my warning, so its fine ;P

Infernape's type combination actually makes sense I suppose for fighting Darkrai, but it's got too be way under-leveled compared to Charizard. Then again the Anime doesnt seem to actually take levels into consideration so ... Hmmm.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:08 PM
Powerflare
Pokémon Trainer N

Nature: Rash
After seeing Ash get humiliated by Paul in the 6-on-6, I'm excited to see Ash get some sweet, long awaited revenge on Paul. I think he's gonna win, but if not, oh well. He's still gonna do a number on Paul—more than before. Those are my thoughts; anyone agree?

"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..." -Red

Pokémon Black Version || Pokémon White Version

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:15 PM
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflare View Post
After seeing Ash get humiliated by Paul in the 6-on-6, I'm excited to see Ash get some sweet, long awaited revenge on Paul. I think he's gonna win, but if not, oh well. He's still gonna do a number on Paul—more than before. Those are my thoughts; anyone agree?
Meh. He'll probably win. Too much hype on the Darkrai trainer for him not too.

He should loose, as he hasn't gotten that much better since the 6v6, but the foreshadowing says he'll beat Paul.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

Ash will win. No doubt. I don't think there's much reason to believe Paul will win. In fact, that isn't even what I'm really interested in right now.

What I am really curious about, is Takuto. Overhyped? Maybe. But still, it's an extremely intriguing twist. The two ideas I've heard that i enjoy entertaining seriously are that Darkrai is actually a Zoroark or that Takuto is Paul's father. Not that either of those will actually happen, but I'll enjoy entertaining myself with the idea of either until I'm proven otherwise.

Oh, and, what will Takuto's English name be? I can't see them sticking with Takuto.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:19 AM
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlalieX View Post
What I am really curious about, is Takuto. Overhyped? Maybe. But still, it's an extremely intriguing twist. The two ideas I've heard that i enjoy entertaining seriously are that Darkrai is actually a Zoroark or that Takuto is Paul's father. Not that either of those will actually happen, but I'll enjoy entertaining myself with the idea of either until I'm proven otherwise.
lol. Have fun. IMO, Takuto looks WAY too young to be Pail's father. As for it being Zoroark ... Maybe. But the 13th movie already showcased Zoroark so theirs no real reason too, but nothings stopping them from doing it. Then again they already shopwcased Darkrai soooooo ... Hmmm
Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

The "level" concept means nothing... Ash has had Pikachu forever so he should be able to beat all these trainers with the Pikachu. Yet he can not.

The Pikachu should be like level 100 right now
Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:02 AM
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
The "level" concept means nothing... Ash has had Pikachu forever so he should be able to beat all these trainers with the Pikachu. Yet he can not.

The Pikachu should be like level 100 right now
Paul's gone through other regions too, surely some of his are level 100 as well

EDIT: 1500 posts. Sweet

Sponsored Links

Advertise here