The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:21 AM
Powerflare
Pokémon Trainer N

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
He should loose, as he hasn't gotten that much better since the 6v6, but the foreshadowing says he'll beat Paul.
I think he has. He's at least learned from his mistakes and now he has stronger Pokémon; Gliscor's potential is high because of that special training and Giga Impact, an evolved Monferno which now has Flare Blitz, and he also has an evolved Grotle which has Leaf Storm. Of course, strategy is just as, if not more, important than the powerful moves (which also have their drawbacks). I'm just pointing out that he's improved signifigantly. Heck, Infernape might become the new Charizard and Torterra (with some work) the new Sceptile.

If Ash wanted a better chance of victory, he'd do what Paul did in the 6v6. Paul picked his lineup based on past battles with Ash. Ash should do the same. Charizard and his other Pokémon should be called in for this battle. (Charizard would work well on Paul's Torterra if he were to use it; super effective Fire-type moves and it can fly higher than Stone Edge can reach [maybe]... It might also come in handy against his Aggron.) Ignore all that, though, because its pretty much guaranteed that he's using his Sinnoh team (we've already seen [I think] 4 of his Sinnoh team in the preview).

"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..." -Red

Pokémon Black Version || Pokémon White Version

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflare View Post
If Ash wanted a better chance of victory, he'd do what Paul did in the 6v6. Paul picked his lineup based on past battles with Ash. Ash should do the same. Charizard and his other Pokémon should be called in for this battle. (Charizard would work well on Paul's Torterra if he were to use it; super effective Fire-type moves and it can fly higher than Stone Edge can reach [maybe]... It might also come in handy against his Aggron.) Ignore all that, though, because its pretty much guaranteed that he's using his Sinnoh team (we've already seen [I think] 4 of his Sinnoh team in the preview).
While I agree with you somewhat, you have to think about Ash wanting to prove his way of training isn't pathetic by using the same team he originally fought Paul with (which is most likely why the writers had Gliscor return). If he cast that aside he probably would use his other pokemon.
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
I can't tell you how funny it'd be if Takuto owned all 6 of Ash's Pokemon with just Darkrai.
That would be pretty funny...
But after the four seasons it took Ash to reach this league, it would be very very anti-climatic to have a single Pokemon sweep his team and wipe out everything thats been built up over the last four seasons. If Ash is gonna lose, it had better at least be a very epic battle, with Ash coming very close to victory. Otherwise, this would have been an extremely disappointing conclusion to the whole DP arc.

Old August 5th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Dixie
But I'm Rory?!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablerie View Post
That would be pretty funny...
But after the four seasons it took Ash to reach this league, it would be very very anti-climatic to have a single Pokemon sweep his team and wipe out everything thats been built up over the last four seasons. If Ash is gonna lose, it had better at least be a very epic battle, with Ash coming very close to victory. Otherwise, this would have been an extremely disappointing conclusion to the whole DP arc.
I agree with you here. If Ash is to lose (which probably may happen) then I bet the writers wouldn't allow to be wiped out with an easy defeat. They'd want his battle to go down on their last Pokemon but here's hoping he actually makes it to the final since isn't that what the whole series had come to? To see him gradually get better and rank higher and higher until ultimately he'll win the league? I hope he wins but it just doesn't seem likely for Ash.
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I have to admit I liked this episode... ALOT! Piplups outfit is funny XD
I had a fanboy moment when I saw the Ikarishipping moment :D So for it looks like Ash is winning but I have a feeling buizel will lose against Drapion!

Old August 5th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
What can I say? This episode was pretty much the start of what we were all waiting for? Or perhaps, it's definitely the moonlight to the Sinnoh League thus far? Whatever it is, I enjoyed this episode ... a lot. n_n I liked how they started the battle between Ash and Paul in the beginning, then after the opening, they brought in some light to Ash & Gliscor, Paul, Dawn, and Barry. Then in the midst of it all went back into focusing on the battle from where it left off. I liked that effect.

Seemed to me as though Aggron was Paul's fall guy. It didn't really shine much like Gastrodon (West) did, but it put up a decent fight until the center of attention came out, Infernape! Everyone was pretty much rooting for this match, Team Rocket and all. Staraptor's battle against Gastrodon was my favorite this episode. Using Close Combat against the ground was epic; not something I would have thought up like that. I was shocked to see Paul of all people pull out of his sleeves, Ash's Counter Shield strategy. I wasn't expecting that to say the least. Though, we also got to see Ash use it again with Buizel and Ice Aqua Jet! I don't think I've ever been more happy to see Buizel use Ice Aqua Jet than I was today.

Next episode looks pretty gruesome. Drapion looks like it's ready to kill, seriously. D: The way to stopped Buizel in his tracks and just grabbed him by his tail was intimidating. Plus, that poison effect it seems to be pulling in DP 187 is pretty intense. Ninjask also looks like it'll be trouble, but I think Staraptor might beat it; if not, then Gliscor. Froslass looks like it'll be Pikachu's main challenge as it freezes Pikachu in battle, but for some reason I think that will be Pikachu's win against Paul.

In a way, I'm glad this will be split into three episodes as it builds up the suspense, but on the other hand I'm just upset I have to wait week after week to see each one. :(
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM
★Symbiosis★
★Shall Mote It Be★
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
I agree with you here. If Ash is to lose (which probably may happen) then I bet the writers wouldn't allow to be wiped out with an easy defeat. They'd want his battle to go down on their last Pokemon but here's hoping he actually makes it to the final since isn't that what the whole series had come to? To see him gradually get better and rank higher and higher until ultimately he'll win the league? I hope he wins but it just doesn't seem likely for Ash.
I agree with you,i don't think the writers would not allow him to be beat so easy.
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Looking at the screenshots, this episode was INCREDIBLE
Old August 5th, 2010, 11:12 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I don't think Ash will get pawned against the new guy after Paul, me thinks Ash will take down the guys champ first, than maybe loose to the next one. This episode they aired today was awesome. Ash is in the lead so far and I liked Buziel got a win, that's what I wanted, its been loosing a lot latley and deserved one win in the end. I hope Pikachu gets out of the situation its in, in the next episode. I want Pikachu to win one as well, it hasn't been used much this region =/ I can't wait for the next episode, it will be hard waiting for it. Ikarishipping, LOL All they were doing was talking about Ash LOL.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 5th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Hold on a sec, I thought Pikachu was out? Way to crush my hopes, I was like, yeah Ash wins but Pikachu got pwned Looks like he didn't

Wow, ground Close Combat, really cool, also like Pikachu's outfit, are those Nintales tails? It kind of upsets me knowing Ash will win because Paul is doing pretty good. So they both have 3 Pokemon down each right? (I thought Pikachu was down, no?). That's all I have to say really. Nice episode. Team Rocket might be more involved the next for a filler. Why does Ash keep switching out Dx Are you sure Pikachu isn't out? It's greyed in the lost of Ash's Pokemon...
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

Nature: Quirky
Is it just me or is Buizel about to "Floatzel evolve" its way out of Drapion claws at episode end?
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Yeah I'm pretty sure Pikachu is out. Because he was "blacked"
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Nope, Pikachu is still in. Preview for the next episode shows it battling against Paul's Froslass.

As a matter a fact, Ash didn't lost any Pokémon for this episode. As it stands, he's in the lead for now.
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by An-san Rebelleon View Post
Is it just me or is Buizel about to "Floatzel evolve" its way out of Drapion claws at episode end?
No, You are not alone on this.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
Nope, Pikachu is still in. Preview for the next episode shows it battling against Paul's Froslass.

As a matter a fact, Ash didn't lost any Pokémon for this episode. As it stands, he's in the lead for now.
Oh right, it was only Greyscaled. Rhyperior Aggron was blacked. Urgh, why does Ash keep switching out, constantly. It irks me.

Last edited by Bluerang1; August 6th, 2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
... Paul has a Rhyperior?
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:01 PM
revelp8
My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to revelp8
I think he mean's aggron *shrug*

I hope ash realizes what Paul is making him do, its such a NOOB play. (sorry for the competitive rant)
Spoiler:
Paul is making ash reveal all his pokemon, which makes it easier for paul to bring out 1 pokemon to KO the rest with supereffective moves.

GRAAAH DAMN EXPERT BELT ELECTIVIRE!! [/rant]
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Powerflare
Pokémon Trainer N

Nature: Rash
The previews to the episode that just aired made Aggron look like it was gonna be a threat. What was that move (green colored) used on Infernape in the previews for the next episode (if anyone can tell).

Quote:
Spoiler:
Paul is making ash reveal all his pokemon, which makes it easier for paul to bring out 1 pokemon to KO the rest with supereffective moves.
You could tell that when Paul was murmuring Ash's Pokémon names (the names of the ones already sent out). Of course, Paul should be expecting the same six lineup, and even Gliscor should be expected. This leads me to believe he wants more than to just see Ash's Pokémon (he must have a setup for that strategy you mentioned in the spoiler tags). Maybe its simply what you said, but I think its more... or maybe I'm just overthinking.

"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..." -Red

Pokémon Black Version || Pokémon White Version

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Last edited by Powerflare; August 5th, 2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Dixie
But I'm Rory?!

Click at your own risk.

Spoiler:

So, it looks like Ash loses at the Semi Finals. I saw the episode guides and it seems the Pokemon League ends at the Semi Finals for our dear Ash because after "Shin'ō Rīgu Junkesshō! Dākurai Tōjō!!" (Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears!!) there's "Pokemon Dokutā - Takeshi!" (Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!) &"Omoide wa Pāru! Yūjō wa Daiyamondo!!" (Memories are Pearl! Friendship is Diamond!!) which are the last two episodes of the DP saga so it's kinda written in stone.

Ash loses in the semi finals to the trainer with the Darkrai
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- Hahah, Jun's so impatient for the battle XD
- Shinji's hair moving XD
- Huh, Hikari hides from Shinji...
- Our first slightly shippy moment between Hikari and Shinji XDD
- I wish I could get the conversation Hikari and Shinji were having...all I got was "Satoshi isn't Reiji. Satoshi is Satoshi" D: And that Shinji got that
- And Hikari runs embarassednly to Satoshi's side?
- What >_< A battle like this doesn't deserve to cut into the battle, even if we did already see the start >___< It's like the writers didn't know how to transition properly
- Haha, I like Hikari's faces this episode XD
- Ha, cool, they didn't hae the eyecatch music...
- Jun is sad at Shinji XD
- I love the green slug thing
- So Shinji worked out Saroshi's using his Sinnoh team
- Huh? That's Satoshi's counter shield!! o.o
- Ohh, he used it against Shinji, to..I love how they're making all of these strategies
- I love how creative Satoshi is at getting out of tight situations :D
- Oh, and Mukuhawk ends up getting hit, anyway
- Hikari's Ice Aqua Jet...
- This 6th movie track makes everything sound epic
- RETORAA PANCHI!
- Haha, Jun's rooting for Shinji XD
- HE ADJUSTED HIS HAT!!
- Wow, Drapion could chop up Buizel and they would all just state o.o

- Wow, it seems as though Drapion is going to be causeing a lot of trouble
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
Click at your own risk.

Spoiler:

So, it looks like Ash loses at the Semi Finals. I saw the episode guides and it seems the Pokemon League ends at the Semi Finals for our dear Ash because after "Shin'ō Rīgu Junkesshō! Dākurai Tōjō!!" (Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears!!) there's "Pokemon Dokutā - Takeshi!" (Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!) &"Omoide wa Pāru! Yūjō wa Daiyamondo!!" (Memories are Pearl! Friendship is Diamond!!) which are the last two episodes of the DP saga so it's kinda written in stone.

Ash loses in the semi finals to the trainer with the Darkrai
OMG you spoilered my I'm gonna sue ur ass off! XP K, what else were we expecting again?

Meh, well, it was a good start for the awesomest battle of all time, I guess.
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Dixie
But I'm Rory?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
OMG you spoilered my I'm gonna sue ur ass off! XP K, what else were we expecting again?

Meh, well, it was a good start for the awesomest battle of all time, I guess.
Haha, whoopsies. My bad for spoilering you. :]
To be really honest, I was kinda expecting him to make it to the final rounds and then lose but Semi Finals is just another way of writers saying "Ash has a long way to go before his pokemon master quest is over."

Hmm..
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Who changed the title? Why did they change the title? What's going on? I hate Spoilers like this >!<
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I approve the thread title. Haha, it's a joke, no one knows who's going to win yet, but I think most fans presume Ash is going to lose to the legendary trainer, which is while he'll go on to the Isshu region.

Edit: Someone gave me this comment for this post? http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8890/watjg.png I think someone give a comment to the wrong person, because this post has nothing to do with mods o.O Or it's a random troll. Weird.

Last edited by Jorah; August 7th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old August 7th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

LOL at spoilers. People must be pissed XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
- I wish I could get the conversation Hikari and Shinji were having...all I got was "Satoshi isn't Reiji. Satoshi is Satoshi" D: And that Shinji got that
Hrnnnnn, I tried to translate the whole conversation when I watched the episode :3 There might be some mistakes, bear with me.

I also added in Reiji and Shinji's conversation because Shinji. SMILED. <3 /acts like a total childish fantard

Spoiler:
Reiji: I wanted to come...
Shinji: Well, you have your job, right?
Reiji: Well, that's true... What are you going to do? Do you want to confirm your party lineup again?
Shinji: No, it's okay.
Reiji: ...I'm very happy, you know.
Shinji: -stunned- What?
Reiji: About you meeting Satoshi... You have never met this kind of trainer, right? -Shinji stares- ...I have this last thing to say.
Shinji: !
-Hikari comes out and hides-
Reiji: Shinji... Win this. You can't let Satoshi win. Win this, and become the champion!
Shinji: -smiles like a normal human- Yeah.
Reiji: See you.
-screen OFF-
Shinji: -still smiling, notices Hikari- Ah...!
Hikari: -embarassed- Ehehehehe...
Shinji: -walks away-
Hikari: Hey, that was Reiji, right? He's not coming?
Shinji: ...how's he doing?
Hikari: -to Pochama- He's asking about Satoshi...? -runs- Wait! You have to listen for the answer when you asked the question! (the gist of it. this sentence sucks)
-walk together-
Hikari: Well, Satoshi is training his Pokemon. What, do you want to call him over or something?
Shinji: No. It's fine.
Hikari: Then why do you ask?
Shinji: Who knows...
Hikari: -annoyed- What the...? -follows-
Shinji: ...I hated him. He was so similar to Aniki - partners, believing in each other - Aniki says that all the time.
Hikari: Satoshi isn't Reiji! Satoshi is Satoshi. (i.e. he is his own beliefs and guidelines?)
Jun: SHINJI~!
Satoshi: Hikari! Shinji!
Shinji: I understand. (Then he said something about him being a good trainer?) As my goal is winning the Sinnoh League, I'm going to beat him.
-Hikari changes sides-
Jun: What's wrong? Did you gouge him about his party lineup right before the battle?
Hikari: NO. YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG.
Pochama: POCHA!
Satoshi: Shirona-san is also watching! Let's make it a good battle.
Shinji: That was my intention all along. -walks off-
Hikari: ...When every life meets another life, something will be born...
Shinji: -stops-
Jun: !!! (makes a remark???)
Takeshi: It's Sinnoh's old myths. Shirona said this to Satoshi and Shinji when she met them before.
Hikari: Satoshi met Shinji; Shinji met Satoshi - and something will be born. What is this 'something'? We might understand this during today's battle!
Pochama: Pocha!
Jun: What the hell, what the hell, what the hell is going on?! I can't accept this! What is this "something"?! -rants off-
Shinji: ...Let's meet at the battlefield.
Satoshi: Yeah. -nods-

Character development on Shinji's part? o3o

Sponsored Links