Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2010 (11:42 AM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Way to ruin the spoilers for every one by putting it in the title. I know it, but some English dubbed watchers who don't want to be spoiled might not. Any who, at least he gets in the top four, that's higher than what he previously got. Next time, Ash might get in the top three or two who knows. I for one am happy he's going to the next region, he's my favorite character. And thanks for telling us what that scene was Tachibana Azumi, it really does seem ComashippyXD

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 7th, 2010 (12:11 PM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
DAMB WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SPOIL IT FOR ME !?!?!!
Change the stupid title

Old August 7th, 2010 (02:24 PM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I'm a dub watcher too and I'm annoyed at how this title was changed. I demand that it be changed back as well.
Old August 7th, 2010 (02:37 PM).
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Why Nintendo why, why must it be this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this rate, Ash will never be a master, it's like they want him to be a loser, three words: JUST GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old August 7th, 2010 (03:39 PM).
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
That aint character development, thats character wussyfication!! (if you catch the ref, praise to you)
Old August 7th, 2010 (05:48 PM).
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Somebody needs to change this title.

Spoiler:

Well at least Ash made the final 4 this time. In an official league this is about the best he's ever done, not counting the Orange Archipelago. As long as he and Takuto have an epic battle, I'm happy. Although it seems like it'll only be a one-episode fight. It had better be worth it! If they end the season on a fight where Ash loses, that they only show bits and piecs of, I'll be annoyed.

Unfortunately, I don't think they can make a 6 on 6 battle epic in just one episode.

Old August 7th, 2010 (06:28 PM).
Tomackze
Drowzee

Maybe Darkrai will give Ash nightmares and he will forfeit. That way he needs to go to the next league in order to get a pokemon suitable for handling Darkrai
Old August 7th, 2010 (07:05 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
I'm a dub watcher too and I'm annoyed at how this title was changed. I demand that it be changed back as well.
For all of you who didn't like the change, I fixed it for ya. n_n
Old August 7th, 2010 (07:35 PM).
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Tomackze:
Maybe Darkrai will give Ash nightmares and he will forfeit. That way he needs to go to the next league in order to get a pokemon suitable for handling Darkrai
What? Darkrai isnt inherintly evil. Why wouyld it do that?
Old August 7th, 2010 (07:54 PM).
Tomackze
Drowzee

Because his trainer made him... But that wouldn't work because Darkrai has caused Ash to have nightmares before. Cresselia fixed that problem
Old August 8th, 2010 (02:49 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Tachibana Azumi:
LOL at spoilers. People must be pissed XD
Hrnnnnn, I tried to translate the whole conversation when I watched the episode :3 There might be some mistakes, bear with me.

I also added in Reiji and Shinji's conversation because Shinji. SMILED. <3 /acts like a total childish fantard

Spoiler:
Reiji: I wanted to come...
Shinji: Well, you have your job, right?
Reiji: Well, that's true... What are you going to do? Do you want to confirm your party lineup again?
Shinji: No, it's okay.
Reiji: ...I'm very happy, you know.
Shinji: -stunned- What?
Reiji: About you meeting Satoshi... You have never met this kind of trainer, right? -Shinji stares- ...I have this last thing to say.
Shinji: !
-Hikari comes out and hides-
Reiji: Shinji... Win this. You can't let Satoshi win. Win this, and become the champion!
Shinji: -smiles like a normal human- Yeah.
Reiji: See you.
-screen OFF-
Shinji: -still smiling, notices Hikari- Ah...!
Hikari: -embarassed- Ehehehehe...
Shinji: -walks away-
Hikari: Hey, that was Reiji, right? He's not coming?
Shinji: ...how's he doing?
Hikari: -to Pochama- He's asking about Satoshi...? -runs- Wait! You have to listen for the answer when you asked the question! (the gist of it. this sentence sucks)
-walk together-
Hikari: Well, Satoshi is training his Pokemon. What, do you want to call him over or something?
Shinji: No. It's fine.
Hikari: Then why do you ask?
Shinji: Who knows...
Hikari: -annoyed- What the...? -follows-
Shinji: ...I hated him. He was so similar to Aniki - partners, believing in each other - Aniki says that all the time.
Hikari: Satoshi isn't Reiji! Satoshi is Satoshi. (i.e. he is his own beliefs and guidelines?)
Jun: SHINJI~!
Satoshi: Hikari! Shinji!
Shinji: I understand. (Then he said something about him being a good trainer?) As my goal is winning the Sinnoh League, I'm going to beat him.
-Hikari changes sides-
Jun: What's wrong? Did you gouge him about his party lineup right before the battle?
Hikari: NO. YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG.
Pochama: POCHA!
Satoshi: Shirona-san is also watching! Let's make it a good battle.
Shinji: That was my intention all along. -walks off-
Hikari: ...When every life meets another life, something will be born...
Shinji: -stops-
Jun: !!! (makes a remark???)
Takeshi: It's Sinnoh's old myths. Shirona said this to Satoshi and Shinji when she met them before.
Hikari: Satoshi met Shinji; Shinji met Satoshi - and something will be born. What is this 'something'? We might understand this during today's battle!
Pochama: Pocha!
Jun: What the hell, what the hell, what the hell is going on?! I can't accept this! What is this "something"?! -rants off-
Shinji: ...Let's meet at the battlefield.
Satoshi: Yeah. -nods-

Character development on Shinji's part? o3o
Wow, thank you, Azumi :D Haha, you're right, it does seem Comashippy. But who/what is Aniki? You know, it's actually nice to see some genuine support for one of Ash's opponents as well, not just "best of luck to both of you" or whatever, someone actually wants someone other than Ash to win ~
Old August 8th, 2010 (06:06 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
I thought you changed it

Thanks for changing it back Hiiro Now, we don't know if Ash loses :o
Old August 8th, 2010 (06:15 AM).
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
Wow, thank you, Azumi :D Haha, you're right, it does seem Comashippy. But who/what is Aniki? You know, it's actually nice to see some genuine support for one of Ash's opponents as well, not just "best of luck to both of you" or whatever, someone actually wants someone other than Ash to win ~
Aniki I do beleive is the word for Big Brother in Japanese, so probably Reggie.
Old August 9th, 2010 (02:54 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

^ Yup that is what it means, or sometimes used for a superior!
If you look at the greatest everyday opening it shows Darkrai in it fighting against Buizel and then pikachu appears and battles a Lucario! I think it could be a hint that its Takutos Darkrai and that Ash is going to use Buziel against it, then buizel will lose, Ash will send out pikachu, pikachu will beat Darkrai and Takuto will send out Lucario and Lucario will beat Pikachu? Or maybe not.... XD what do ya guys think?

Old August 9th, 2010 (08:24 AM).
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Mew~:
^ Yup that is what it means, or sometimes used for a superior!
If you look at the greatest everyday opening it shows Darkrai in it fighting against Buizel and then pikachu appears and battles a Lucario! I think it could be a hint that its Takutos Darkrai and that Ash is going to use Buziel against it, then buizel will lose, Ash will send out pikachu, pikachu will beat Darkrai and Takuto will send out Lucario and Lucario will beat Pikachu? Or maybe not.... XD what do ya guys think?
I was surprised about the Darkrai from the opening appearing in the league. Don't forget that there's an Entei in there too. O_o

Paired to cr4y

Old August 9th, 2010 (09:09 AM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Thanks for changing the title back. Some fans don't read spoilers, I mean I do so I know what's gonna happen but some English dubbed watchers like to be suprised. I'm so excited to see this weeks episode, I mean last weeks episode was really exciting. In the end, I think Ash will catch up. This week I think Paul will have the upper hand.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 9th, 2010 (10:07 PM).
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Jorah:
Aniki = big brother = Reiji.

And YES, I told you it was Comashippy. D: It was Ikarishippy when you just see them talking, but if you understand their words, it's like Coma and Pearl in one bunch.

You saying that suddenly made me think that Reiji would be all "GO SATOSH!!!!1!!one1!!" off-screen. XD Sorry, I'm weird ~

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old August 9th, 2010 (10:17 PM).
Gumball Watterson
, Not-a-PhD
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
I thought you changed it ^_^
Bluerang, if MotM was still on, you'd be the Most Gullible any 6 of the 12 months this year >__________>

Ok, so Ash is going to win against Paul. I wonder how he's going to take that? I mean, he's been so confident in his methods, adopted skills he seemed worthy from Ash, and he loses. That's mighty excellent fellas. I want to see Paul throw a tantrum. Screw Character Development, I want Plot!
Old August 10th, 2010 (01:24 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote originally posted by AdvancedK47:
Bluerang, if MotM was still on, you'd be the Most Gullible any 6 of the 12 months this year >__________>

Ok, so Ash is going to win against Paul. I wonder how he's going to take that? I mean, he's been so confident in his methods, adopted skills he seemed worthy from Ash, and he loses. That's mighty excellent fellas. I want to see Paul throw a tantrum. Screw Character Development, I want Plot!
T_T

I want a tantrum too, I want him to attack Ash, I really do. But I think that he'll look hurt, walk away, and never be seen again. Best way in my opinion./ That way he'll never have to talk to that weird-cheeked, messed up voiced, female user, male user, overly optimistic, annoying, thinks he can do whatever he want (banging on Volkner's door was too much! Get out you freak!), embarrassment of an Anime character.
Old August 12th, 2010 (06:21 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!!!
This episode was AWSOME! The whole episode was the battle! I am quite annoyed about how torterra got defeated so easily though Infernapes Blast Burn was awsome as well :D Pauls froslass was a fail :\ Looking at the preview it looks like it will be some sorta draw between Drapion and Gliscor then it will be electivire vs pikachu, pikachu loses so its Infernape vs electivire, electivire loses and Ash wins the match :D

Lol Paul looks emo at the to be continued pic LOL

Old August 12th, 2010 (10:07 AM).
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
I was disappointed with Torterra's performance as well. Hopefully he'll get a chance to redeem himself in the next battle.

Paired to cr4y

Old August 12th, 2010 (02:41 PM).
Tomackze
Drowzee

Torterra and Froslass were both fails... and Drapion is a BEAST
Old August 12th, 2010 (02:54 PM).
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
If this needs to be spoilered, tell me. >_> I'm discussing the episode that has already aired, so I don't see the need for it o_o I spoilered my opinion of an upcoming episode, and mentioned something seen in the preview for 188.

I was really disappointed in Staraptor AND Torterra.

Buizel lasted longer than them. O_o Also disappointed Buizel didn't evolve. I was hoping we'd have a fully evolved Ash team (bar Pikachu) for once. ._.

FAR from disappointed with Gliscor. It seems to be the new Charizard. On call for Ash, and will have a new move each time it comes back. XD

Anyway, took a screencap that is so full of LOL XD

Spoiler:

So, going into the next episode, (Only posting info we know from the show, which is why it isn't spoiler'd). Also including the basic info of the preview for the next episode.

Ash's Gliscor is going in for an X-Scissor against Drapion, who just took a direct hit of Giga Impact to the tail/back. He has Electivire on standby, whereas Ash has Pikachu, and Infernape, who I believe is still poisoned. I can't speak japanese. I know he got rid of the Toxic Spikes by heating up the field, but did his own poison get purified? And the preview showed Blaze activating... Hmm. I don't believe Paul has seen Infernape control Blaze yet, huh? That's bound to be a shocker. XD

And my opinion on the DP189:

Spoiler:
I honestly do not believe Takuto has a Darkrai. I believe it is Zoroark using Illusion. We have yet to meet a single Generation V pokemon, yet the anime ends at like, DP191. SOMETHING has to happen soon to introduce Ash to Isshu. Unless Emonga ends up confirmed as Pachirisu's evolution, and Dawn's Pachirisu evolves in DP190/191, I honestly believe Darkrai will turn out to be Zoroark. It'd keep the whole "Legendaries can't be caught" rule in the anime intact too.

Old August 12th, 2010 (04:24 PM).
Tomackze
Drowzee

^Wait if legendaries can't be caught... what are the Regi's?
Old August 12th, 2010 (05:51 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Best episode thus far in the Sinnoh League. Hands down, there's nothing more to say than that, honestly. Knowing myself though, I won't leave it at that. While I knew Staraptor would have been Ash's fall Pokémon (it had its glory against Nando's Roserade), I was disappointed in how the writers handled Torterra. I understand that Infernape has something to prove against Paul, however I don't see the need for it to take down three of Paul's Pokémon altogether. At least two of the stronger ones would be fine, but ever since Turtwig evolved it seems its popularity just kept falling. It was never given the certain glory it deserved after evolving, especially into a Pokémon like Torterra. If anything I would have had Torterra defeat Ninjask. Having trouble against its speed, however counteracting it with it's defensive skills and eventually taking it down. I doubt it'll be in the fight against Takuto as Ash still has some of his reserves to showcase. So, that leaves it to that Torterra probably won't be redeemed until another sub-arc comes after B&W or is used as a reserve in the Isshu League.

The preview to DP188 looks fierce. It will conclude the story between Ash and Paul, so I'm sure it'll be one to watch and remember out of the entire Sinnoh League and Arc. By the looks of it, Infernape activates Blaze (why not, right?) and takes it to the next level. Can't wait to see what Paul's reaction to that will be - and Cynthia's.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links