The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
^Wait if legendaries can't be caught... what are the Regi's?
In the anime, the Regis have not been stated to be legendaries. They are the equivalent of Fossil Pokemon. Ancient Pokemon that laid dormant.

Old August 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
In the anime, the Regis have not been stated to be legendaries. They are the equivalent of Fossil Pokemon. Ancient Pokemon that laid dormant.
I know that in one episode (Ruin with a View) that a researcher said that ancient Pokemon (such as Relicanth) are Pokemon that have gone years without changing at all, they are NOT legendary Pokemon. So does that apply to the Regis? Are they ancient Pokemon of Legendary Pokemon. Regigigas has been determined as legendary and the Regis are normally referred to as the Legendary Golems (has that been said in the anime at all?)

Spoiler:
While I like your theory on Darkrai being Zoroark and it makes sense, I think it is an actual Darkrai. A fifth Gen Pokemon probably wont appear till the very last episode. Or maybe Takuto has a different fifth Gen Pokemon that has not been seen in Sinnoh since he went through all eight gyms with just Darkrai.

Last edited by Silver25; August 12th, 2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
If you go by that logic, pretty much all the legendaries are fossil Pokemon. The difference is that the Regis never went extinct. I'm pretty sure that the Regis are legendaries, and what about Heatran? Ar they suddenly not legendary anymore as well?

Paired to cr4y

Old August 12th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Spoiler:
I honestly do not believe Takuto has a Darkrai. I believe it is Zoroark using Illusion. We have yet to meet a single Generation V pokemon, yet the anime ends at like, DP191. SOMETHING has to happen soon to introduce Ash to Isshu. Unless Emonga ends up confirmed as Pachirisu's evolution, and Dawn's Pachirisu evolves in DP190/191, I honestly believe Darkrai will turn out to be Zoroark. It'd keep the whole "Legendaries can't be caught" rule in the anime intact too.
Spoiler:
There was a Heatran, you know. Either the rules has been broken, it only applies to the main characters (which is highly impossible), or Darkrai isn't a legendary in the anime. They might have lowered Darkrai's status to "extremely rare Pokemon", like a lot of other legendaries in the games. :/

To be honest, I actually supported the Darkrai = Zoroark theory at first. But now... I'm not really sure anymore.

Well, let's see how it goes.

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old August 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
After just seeing DP187, Glion's kicking ass <3

Torterra was a severe and utter disappointment. The evolution from Turtwig all the way up means nothing if it just ends up being fodder to Drapion. I'm very disappointed at that.

Infernape kicked ass, as we expected it to.

And it looks like Infernape's going Super Sayian on us next Thursday.

2v3...

My prediction:
Spoiler:
-Gliscor and Drapion tie.
-Electivire beats Pikachu.
-Infernape beats Electivire.

Just my $0.02.
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

My prediction:

Spoiler:

-Gliscor beats Drapion
-Electivire beats Gliscor.
-Electivire beats Pikachu (Normally I'd think Pikachu would finish off, but because Chimchar was abandoned by Paul, I think they will set him up as the one who wins it for Ash)
-Infernape beats Electivire. (And this will lead to a semi-changed Paul because he sees that he is beaten by the same pokemon he once abandoned. He won't completely change his ways but you'll see some development)

Then I think that Ash will lose to Takuto's Darkrai, I know it would look bad but I think all 6 of his pokemon will lose to the Darkrai. And then he will hear about the next region having pokemon even stronger than the Darkrai and that will convince him to go. That is how I view it to end although I am not 100% supporting of this ending.

What I would like to happen in the end of the Sinnoh series is this

Spoiler:
Ash ends up losing to Takuto and his Darkrai but ends up seeing Takuto taken out by a mysterious trainer afterward and having his Darkrai taken (not in an official Pokemon League Battle, he is just seen losing to someone) and Ash will follow him to the next region because he is shocked to see pokemon stronger than Darkrai and also he wants to be a hero and stop this thing from happening
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Oh yeah, I don't think Paul has seen a controlled Blaze yet... He saw it when he first met Chimchar, in 'Glory Blaze', and in 'Fighting Ire with Fire', but it was out of control in each of those episodes.

And that Drapion is a beast! Why hasn't Paul used it on the show before???

Spoiler:

I agree. I think Drapion and Gliscor will tie, leaving Electivire vs Pikachu and Infernape. Ash will try to end the battle with good old Pikachu, but Paul reveals Electivire's Motor Drive and beats Pikachu. Then its Electivire vs Infernape, Infernape does a controlled Blaze to beat Electivire, and Paul realises that any Pokemon, even that seemingly useless Chimchar, can be strong. And then this causes Paul to change his ways.

Well thats what I think, anyway.

And anyway, Legendaries have been controlled before. What about Brandon's three Regis? What about Noland's Articuno? What about Marcus' Heatran? What about that random bug catcher-kid's Heatran?

And one Isshu Pokemon has been introduced to Ash and co: Zoroark, in the new movie. That may not be canon though.

Old August 13th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Last I checked, Movies aren't considered canon, except a choice few, which have been mentioned in the anime.

Spoiler:
Quote:
And anyway, Legendaries have been controlled before. What about Brandon's three Regis? What about Noland's Articuno? What about Marcus' Heatran? What about that random bug catcher-kid's Heatran?
Again, the Regis have not been said to be Legendary Pokemon in the anime. Same with Heatran. They're merely pokemon that are extremely rare and haven't been seen in X amount of years. Articuno wasn't caught, he befriended, and allowed Nolan to use him.

Honestly, I could care less if he owns Darkrai. I just believe that it's not Darkrai. There has to be something that ushers in the fifth generation. Considering the Brock episode is after the Takuto one, he obviously doesn't see a fifth generation beat Takuto, so I'm curious what ends up happening to bring him to Isshu.

Old August 13th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Silver25
Trainer

Spoiler:
We didn't see a Sinnoh Pokemon until one of the last 2 episodes of the Battle Frontier series so it is possible that Takuto doesn't have any Gen V Pokemon and someone else does in the last 2 episodes.
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver25 View Post
Spoiler:
We didn't see a Sinnoh Pokemon until one of the last 2 episodes of the Battle Frontier series so it is possible that Takuto doesn't have any Gen V Pokemon and someone else does in the last 2 episodes.
Spoiler:
Um... May caught a Munchlax like... in the advanced episodes... >_>

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Like a major set of legendaries in the anime, they earn their debut in a movie first. This same pattern occurred with The Regi Trio in the movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Then, they were later shown under the control of Brandon - different ones most likely. However, I believe they were still considered legendaries. Unlike fossils, they weren't specifically revived. They were more so found in ruins and awakened. I don't think this discloses them as non legendaries. If you're looking for further details though, then Bulbagarden gives a good enough explanation.

My predictions on the next two episodes of the Sinnoh League:

Spoiler:
Ash vs. Paul's finale will most likely go like this, me thinks...

Gliscor vs. Drapion
, This could either end in a tie or a victor for Gliscor, since it needs one just as much as Torterra did. Then again, we all saw what happened there. :< I'm going to have to go with a tie on this one though.

Pikachu vs. Electivire
, Electivire will most likely defeat Pikachu, so it can take place in the ultimate battle against Infernape.

Infernape vs. Electivire
, Infernape of course considering the next title after this.

The Semi-finals I would think Ash will lose. It only explains the next episode featuring Brock. I disagree with the theory of Darkrai actually being Zoroark however. It just doesn't make any sense to be honest. Zoroark is earning it's debut in the 13th movie, and while it isn't canon, I don't see the need for it to be brought out in the Sinnoh League. The way I hope it turns out though is that Ash does defeat Darkrai. If he doesn't, then the writers are pretty much making it look as through Darkrai is undefeatable and it's a cheap win against Ash's chances of winning the league IMO. Instead, Ash's Pokémon are tired from taking down Darkrai and ends up losing to a Fifth Gen Pokémon that Takuto has. This way we have a better reason for Ash to lose, a reason for him to continue to Isshu, and a debut of a Fifth Gen Pokémon altogether in one episode. We'll see how that turns out though...
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I just now saw the two episodes (raw) on video... So now I can comment. Lets start with Ash's pokemon...

Spoiler:

Torterra: Actually not as disappointed in him as I thought I'd be after watching the screenshots. He actually kept up his own and was pretty darn good, he had a great few attacks... Frenzy Plant and I think Magical Leaf, not bad. And he used Synthesis which was nice... The way he got defeated was very anticlimactic though, I felt that it went too quickly. Overall I saw some of his "beastliness" but the ending was just bad.

Pikachu: Is it me or does Pikachu get weaker every season? He does not seem like the same beast that took on Dragonite any longer... He seems kind of weak actually. His battle with Aggron was very poorly done and his battle with Froslass was pretty weak also. You would assume that after all these seasons, Pikachu would be beastly strong... Yet he is not. Not even close...

Staraptor: The most disappointing of Ash's pokemon so far... It was just useless during the battles it had. COMPLETELY USELESS. I'm most disappointed with how he did against Paul. I expected it to do much better, but it just disappointed.

Buizel: What a beast! I was very impressed with him during the battle against Gastrodon and also against Drapion (although it lost). Definitely an interesting pokemon that Ash has on his team... Really wished that it would evolve but it did not, although the way it got out of Drapion's hold was very cool... It expanded its floating thing and then decompressed it, very interesting.

Gliscor: Before its battle with Drapion, I was getting very disappointed in Gliscor. From the previews he seemed to have been beasting but in actuality, he was not... But his battle with Drapion has been pretty interesting, he seems to have the upper hand with all of his techniques. I definitely can see him beating Drapion, especially after fighting 3-4 pokemon.

Infernape: He is a BEAST. Nothing else to say... He is definitely a BEAST. Loved the strategy Ash had to get rid of the poison with his combo of dig and his fire moves. It is one of the most impressive pokemon I've ever seen on Ash's team. I loved the way it handled Ninjask and the way it handled Aggron... He might soon move up to my list as my favorite fire type, although I still love Charizard.

Now to get into Paul's pokemon

Spoiler:

Aggron:
It has a very good Metal Sound move that immobilizes all the pokemon. Definitely a power house and I felt a little cheated when it was defeated. Paul just did not really use it correctly as the Metal Sound was so powerful, why did he not use it against Ash's Infernape? I do not understand that... It man-handled Pikachu though

Gastrodon: It was very impressive with its size. Love how it can sit on you and immobilize you, I felt it dominated Staraptor and it held it's own against Buizel. It's defeat was kind of cheap IMO, it is definitely an exciting pokemon. Surprised that this is like the first time it actually got serious camera time.

Drapion: Has an incredible poison attack that causes the entire ground to be poisoned. I thought that was very impressive... And it just man-handled half of Ash's team. Definitely STRONG... probably level 80 if it was in the game... I feel he is the powerhouse of Paul's team because he fits the exact criteria that Paul uses to battle with. He is just very offensive and very aggressive, definitely a strong pokemon. Though it is getting tired now after so many fights and I think it will lose very anticlimactically to Gliscor.

Ninjask: I felt it was very weak... It was fast but that was it. If you hit it, then it will lose and that is exactly what happened. I personally do not understand why Paul used him in this match, I thought it was a bad choice to have used Ninjask. If I were Paul, I would have used Magmortar instead as he is definitely more of a powerhouse than Ninjask and he can definitely take a lot more hits.

Froslass: He isn't really weak as he lost due to getting hit twice directly... But still, it just does not have a lot of defense. It can't withstand hits and go on and thus I feel it was also a wasted spot on Paul's team. If I were Paul, I'd use Ursaring or Torterra instead of Froslass simply because I feel they'd have been better against Ash instead. Very disappointed in Froslass...

Electivire: Have not seen him yet in this battle but am excited to see what he can bring. I feel that he'd take down Gliscor with ease and then struggle with Pikachu but will take him down. Then it will be a long and hard battle between him and Infernape; he will dominate most of it but in the end Infernape will win when he controls his blaze.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Yay for unrealism.

I know Ash is going to win but I'm not liking the way the producers are going about it. It takes that many Pokemon to beat Drapion? Frosslass loses that easily? Ninjask is KO'ed by one move? Come on, I want realistic stuff. I did like Toxic Spikes, Earthquake and Overheat(?), they were entertaining
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Quote:

Now to get into Paul's pokemon

Spoiler:

Aggron:
It has a very good Metal Sound move that immobilizes all the pokemon. Definitely a power house and I felt a little cheated when it was defeated. Paul just did not really use it correctly as the Metal Sound was so powerful, why did he not use it against Ash's Infernape? I do not understand that... It man-handled Pikachu though

Gastrodon: It was very impressive with its size. Love how it can sit on you and immobilize you, I felt it dominated Staraptor and it held it's own against Buizel. It's defeat was kind of cheap IMO, it is definitely an exciting pokemon. Surprised that this is like the first time it actually got serious camera time.

Drapion: Has an incredible poison attack that causes the entire ground to be poisoned. I thought that was very impressive... And it just man-handled half of Ash's team. Definitely STRONG... probably level 80 if it was in the game... I feel he is the powerhouse of Paul's team because he fits the exact criteria that Paul uses to battle with. He is just very offensive and very aggressive, definitely a strong pokemon. Though it is getting tired now after so many fights and I think it will lose very anticlimactically to Gliscor.

Ninjask: I felt it was very weak... It was fast but that was it. If you hit it, then it will lose and that is exactly what happened. I personally do not understand why Paul used him in this match, I thought it was a bad choice to have used Ninjask. If I were Paul, I would have used Magmortar instead as he is definitely more of a powerhouse than Ninjask and he can definitely take a lot more hits.

Froslass: He isn't really weak as he lost due to getting hit twice directly... But still, it just does not have a lot of defense. It can't withstand hits and go on and thus I feel it was also a wasted spot on Paul's team. If I were Paul, I'd use Ursaring or Torterra instead of Froslass simply because I feel they'd have been better against Ash instead. Very disappointed in Froslass...

Electivire: Have not seen him yet in this battle but am excited to see what he can bring. I feel that he'd take down Gliscor with ease and then struggle with Pikachu but will take him down. Then it will be a long and hard battle between him and Infernape; he will dominate most of it but in the end Infernape will win when he controls his blaze.
All froslass are female :P

To the above person: Froslass is a fragile pokemon. If you read the description in one of her dex entries, she's hollow. In the anime, that goes to reason that she would be taken down in a few direct hits, especially a volt tackle. XD Ninjask... We've never seen him on the team before now, only seen him being captured. Therefore, it could be pretty new and Paul wanted to outspeed Ash.

Old August 15th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- Huh...Shirona and the old man's hair look more detailed
- Whoa...Mukuhawk out D:
- Haha, Drapion and Dodaitose growling at each other
- Shinji just waited for it to ehal itself? o.O
- Urgh, Dodaitose never wins -_-
- Glion can't lose, too o___o
- Now Infernape has to get its revenge...
- So he managed to take down one Pokemon at last -_-
- Ahh, Mist, I'm glad they're making this more like the games
- Why did the Mist go away if the snow Pokemon didn't die o.O
- What was with Musashi turning into ice o.o
- I love this movie 5 music
- Oh wow, I love how Shinji looks in that last shot!

- Oh wow, the ending theme almost made cry, I think I'm going to miss Dawn D: Not that the ending theme was different, I'll just miss her
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Quote:
All froslass are female

To the above person: Froslass is a fragile pokemon. If you read the description in one of her dex entries, she's hollow. In the anime, that goes to reason that she would be taken down in a few direct hits, especially a volt tackle. XD Ninjask... We've never seen him on the team before now, only seen him being captured. Therefore, it could be pretty new and Paul wanted to outspeed Ash.
Is the above person pointing to me (as you quoted me) or the person right above you?

Because I never questioned if it was "real" or not... What I was referring to was, why use two very PHYSICALLY weak pokemon in such a crucial situation?
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Quote:
Is the above person pointing to me (as you quoted me) or the person right above you?

Because I never questioned if it was "real" or not... What I was referring to was, why use two very PHYSICALLY weak pokemon in such a crucial situation?
No, they were referring to me
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
2 days till the final part comes out! I wonder how'll it go.

Spoiler:
I'm kinda worried about the Takuto/____son battle though. It's one episode only, so we can either expect Satoshi to lose this in a very, very cheap way by losing to a SOLE Darkrai, or lose to an Isshu Pokemon.
I mean, if it was a Zoroark, then it'd give him a reason to get to Isshu AND making this loss seem plausible. I mean, after all, Satoshi doesn't know about Isshu and the Pokemon there.

Sinnoh League is about to end! Sigh, I think this time it was a rather bad job, if not for the Shinji VS Satoshi three-partner that probably saved the whole thing...

...this league seems small. So little trainers...!

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old August 17th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana Azumi View Post
2 days till the final part comes out! I wonder how'll it go.

Spoiler:
I'm kinda worried about the Takuto/____son battle though. It's one episode only, so we can either expect Satoshi to lose this in a very, very cheap way by losing to a SOLE Darkrai, or lose to an Isshu Pokemon.
I mean, if it was a Zoroark, then it'd give him a reason to get to Isshu AND making this loss seem plausible. I mean, after all, Satoshi doesn't know about Isshu and the Pokemon there.

Sinnoh League is about to end! Sigh, I think this time it was a rather bad job, if not for the Shinji VS Satoshi three-partner that probably saved the whole thing...

...this league seems small. So little trainers...!
I have to agree. As far as leagues go, it's Hoenn>Kanto>Johto>Sinnoh for me (Of course, we're not done with the league yet). Sure, Ash will probably place in the top...
Spoiler:
4 trainers,

but how much does that mean when he hasn't even really battled that much this time?

Paired to cr4y

Old August 17th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I personally have really enjoyed Ash vs Paul so far...
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Powerflare
Pokémon Trainer N

Nature: Rash
Just wondering (though this may have been said before) about the possibility that Paul's Drapion is in fact Reggie's Drapion seen in the flashback of Reggie's battle against Brandon.

"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..." -Red

Pokémon Black Version || Pokémon White Version

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflare View Post
Just wondering (though this may have been said before) about the possibility that Paul's Drapion is in fact Reggie's Drapion seen in the flashback of Reggie's battle against Brandon.
I was thinking that very same thing. But then you have to ask yourself if Paul is the type of trainer to borrow one of his brother's Pokemon where he has been trying to be nothing like his brother ever since seeing him battle against Brandon all those years ago? Most likely it is a different Drapion.
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Powerflare
Pokémon Trainer N

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver25 View Post
I was thinking that very same thing. But then you have to ask yourself if Paul is the type of trainer to borrow one of his brother's Pokemon where he has been trying to be nothing like his brother ever since seeing him battle against Brandon all those years ago? Most likely it is a different Drapion.
Yes, I agree with you as well. Its just strange though.

"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..." -Red

Pokémon Black Version || Pokémon White Version

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Whats with all the spoilers on what you think will happen, its not like all of them are gonna become true!? If someones gonna click on this thread they are going to have to be aware of spoilers! (just look at the title..)
I've already posted what I think will happen between paul and ash but I don't think alot of people saw what I posted about takutos pokemon, I think its going to be like the line-up in the opening, with takuto have entei, drakrai, lucario etc... but if not then maybe the zoroark theory might be true! For those who say zoroarks already getting a movie, look at when shaymin sky form it was in the 11th movie and its had its own pointless dp episode...

Old August 18th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
I think it is Reggie's Drapion. I think Paul won't be quite as irritated now he lost to Brandon aswell. He might even think Drapion deserves a 2nd chance at winning stuff....

I also hope Ash will take out Darkrai. Infernape should take it out with Close Combat. Although I saw an image somewhere with Torterra under what seemed to be the effects of Dark Void....so Ash'll have to overcome that. Maybe those "attack shields" he made to beat Fantina? They were cool.

Oh, and one last thing. Please let us have a totally awesome controlled Blaze from Infernape? He's probably not going to Isshu, so he deserves to totally kick ass....

Sponsored Links