Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page → [SLASHER★BLUE] ☆ The Manga Project ←

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old June 30th, 2010 (02:00 PM).

Platinum Tier

Nature: Calm
Summary;

This is a personal project I've been working on lately, at first I was a tad reluctant to go ahead with it since the last major project I actually committed myself to doing was one in 2005, so I do feel I'm a bit rusty with this sort of thing, but I can't say I've ever made a manga before and after being encouraged by one or two friends, I decided to do it, and with a plot line that in some respect can be considered a "true story".

I will say nothing about what it's about, because I want readers to discover that as they go along. I can say that it does revolve around my persona. Rated PG-13 for some mild language in later chapters. I urge you to PLEASE keep spoilers hidden in spoiler tags. I apologise for a couple of low quality panels in a few pages, the program I was working with gave me a bit of trouble with them, may make some amendments in the near future. This thread shall also build up over time, but for now...enjoy!

★ ☆ Paired with Aizuke » @deviantart :: ::::
Old June 30th, 2010 (02:16 PM).
Grape Soda wut?

Nature: Naive
whoa....... now that's good what program did you use, it looks legit what's the genre?
Old June 30th, 2010 (02:25 PM).

Isn't this amazing? Your personalized manga. Great! I'll read this after school. ^^
Old June 30th, 2010 (02:41 PM).
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
Woah. People have not been under-exaggerating your artistic talent. I... didn't really understand what was going on, though you did say you were doing this for an effective opening. But it would have helped if you'd given a couple more names, maybe a vague idea of the antagonist's intentions. Eagerly awaiting to catch up with the next parts, whenever they may arrive. May I ask how long it took to do up to here?

Also the one named character (avoided giving the name, your persona if I'm reading everything correctly) reminds me of Lorelei so much. Even the manga personalities are fairly similar. Not a bad thing though.
Old June 30th, 2010 (03:23 PM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Wow, Siggy. This was amazing. :D My favorite pages would have to be Pages 39 & 40, with the way you used that blur effect was really good. :]

I'm looking forward to reading more of this. Good luck~

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old June 30th, 2010 (08:51 PM).
kamikorosu
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to BHwolfgang Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BHwolfgang Send a message via Skype™ to BHwolfgang
You should at least make the links bigger so users wouldn't have such a hard time. :) I'm going to enjoy this. It must've took you a long time to draw all of this.

Oh, and is it left-to-right or right-to-left?
Old June 30th, 2010 (09:32 PM).
Travelling The Interconnected World
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Wow. This is nothing short of amazing Siggy. :D

Keep up the awesome work. <3 (Seriously that was so good, I think you might actually enjoy making real manga...or at least find it fairly doable. xD)
Supporter City Collab 2015

YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
Crystal Tier Supporter

+ S
Old June 30th, 2010 (10:11 PM).
The Day I've been running from
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Its left to right.

Even though i didnt understand much, i emjoyed it. This is really good and must have taken a long time to draw all this. Keep at it.
!~countryemo

Old July 1st, 2010 (06:45 PM).
→ Level 69

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to loliwin
Pretty nice story, a little freaky as well! XD
Nice work Siggy, cant wait for more! :D

zero
It’s not X you should worry about - it’s me!

Old July 1st, 2010 (07:00 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
You meanie, why didn't you tell me you finished this? I wanted to be the first person to read it ;o;
Old July 2nd, 2010 (12:34 AM).
we can breathe in life
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Wowww..

Makes me view the character in such a different way now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I hope this something that goes until it finishes, since I'd hate to see it just stop randomly, and then be left undone. How much time did that volume take you? o_o Looks so time-consuming, but the end result is awesome. I assume Manga Studio could've been used.. but then, lots of people also manage to make manga art on Photoshop as well. xD;

ending spoiler;
Spoiler:
I like the little girl, and how she knew about who Blue was.. Interesting twist. xD; Wasn't expecting the little blind girl to be the one to know the most. I also wanna know if the boss of that gang knows who she is. ffff

slateport cityanimu tumblrygo tumblr
[ previously Drew ]
Old July 2nd, 2010 (07:51 AM).

Platinum Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by tehGDS:
whoa....... now that's good what program did you use, it looks legit what's the genre?
I used Manga Studio to make the layout of the panels. As for the art, that was done elsewhere. :O

Quote originally posted by Faline:
Isn't this amazing? Your personalized manga. Great! I'll read this after school. ^^
Have fun! :D

Quote originally posted by JakeyBoy:
Woah. People have not been under-exaggerating your artistic talent. I... didn't really understand what was going on, though you did say you were doing this for an effective opening. But it would have helped if you'd given a couple more names, maybe a vague idea of the antagonist's intentions. Eagerly awaiting to catch up with the next parts, whenever they may arrive. May I ask how long it took to do up to here?

Also the one named character (avoided giving the name, your persona if I'm reading everything correctly) reminds me of Lorelei so much. Even the manga personalities are fairly similar. Not a bad thing though.
Pretty much, though I couldn't exactly give away names during the first chapter as I'd be spoiling what I have planned for the second. I purposely drew this up for the sake of adding suspense and giving readers that curiosity to read the next part. This volume took me about...ooh, just over a week to do. I was very busy and my connection has been pretty horrible recently, so I really took my time with it.

Quote originally posted by Eeveon:
Wow, Siggy. This was amazing. :D My favorite pages would have to be Pages 39 & 40, with the way you used that blur effect was really good. :]

I'm looking forward to reading more of this. Good luck~
Thanks, Michael! Nice to know you liked those two pages, certainly was a neat idea to try. XD;
Quote originally posted by BHwolfgang:
You should at least make the links bigger so users wouldn't have such a hard time. :) I'm going to enjoy this. It must've took you a long time to draw all of this.

Oh, and is it left-to-right or right-to-left?
Yeah, you're probably right. @_@ I just wanted to conserve space, but I'll try and adjust the layout a bit more. Yeah, it did take a while, but it was worth it in the end!

It's left to right. You go zig-zag down the page then to the next. =]
Quote originally posted by Pachy:
Wow. This is nothing short of amazing Siggy. :D

Keep up the awesome work. <3 (Seriously that was so good, I think you might actually enjoy making real manga...or at least find it fairly doable. xD)
Hehe, it'll be something neat to try in the near future! In the meantime I'll do what I can with this current manga. Thanks Pachy. :>
Quote originally posted by countryemo:
Its left to right.

Even though i didnt understand much, i emjoyed it. This is really good and must have taken a long time to draw all this. Keep at it.
!~countryemo
Yeah, it did take a while, hopefully you can understand it a bit better during the next chapter. Thanks!
Quote originally posted by loliwin:
Pretty nice story, a little freaky as well! XD
Nice work Siggy, cant wait for more! :D
Haha, you said it! Thanks loli. :D
Quote originally posted by Zet:
You meanie, why didn't you tell me you finished this? I wanted to be the first person to read it ;o;
I'm sorry, Zetty! D: I should have told you about it first, my bad.

...well don't worry, I'll show you the second part before anybody else! :D

Quote originally posted by Drew:
Wowww..

Makes me view the character in such a different way now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I hope this something that goes until it finishes, since I'd hate to see it just stop randomly, and then be left undone. How much time did that volume take you? o_o Looks so time-consuming, but the end result is awesome. I assume Manga Studio could've been used.. but then, lots of people also manage to make manga art on Photoshop as well. xD;

ending spoiler;
Spoiler:
I like the little girl, and how she knew about who Blue was.. Interesting twist. xD; Wasn't expecting the little blind girl to be the one to know the most. I also wanna know if the boss of that gang knows who she is. ffff
Oh I'm sure this is something I won't end, especially since it's something I'm going to apply to the art course I'm going to start in September eventually. I've left a project hanging once before, I don't really want to do that with this one.

Well it took over a week, it was rather time consuming, but I loved doing it. I never used Manga Studio to draw the art, though, used another program for that. :P

Haha, looks like you've really taken an interest! Maybe some of your questions will be answered soon. C:

Anyway, thanks all! I'm going to work on the second part now, may take a little while though. =_=

★ ☆ Paired with Aizuke » @deviantart :: ::::
Old July 3rd, 2010 (12:12 AM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
It's a good thing you did try that effect. :) I tried not to make my other post as generic as possible, but I think I failed... u___u

Anyway, there seems to be a very interesting story arc going on, which I forgot to mention. Something I'd LOVE to buy if it were available in stores. XD

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old July 11th, 2010 (04:28 PM).
8377 | Scorpaeniform

Nature: Naughty
Hey, this is cute. You'd better be writing more right this moment :s
Get published sooner than later and I promise I'll buy a book.

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

Khaled Hosseini

→ Refresh for a different picture
→ White FC: Haruka 0347 0171 1756

whoever disabled my signature:
my signature is not even close to 300px tall.
i dont understand why it was disabled.
Old July 12th, 2010 (09:13 AM).
No spoils for the meek.
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wish Send a message via Skype™ to Wish
Another project by Siggy! :D

Man, it makes me wish we didn't start completely ignoring each other since we stopped talking. I want to have known about this earlier XD. I still love your art very much. It looks so legit. You could make some profit from your talent. I'm waiting for this to be available in my local bookstore. :]

Paired with: Netto Azure
Old August 4th, 2010 (05:15 AM).
Alive and well

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
Why is this thread dead D:

This great piece basically has the same fate as the other threads in Art Gallery section... Null and Void of comments and critics...

I need to dig deep to my brain to understand the plot, though. It's somehow cloudy and kinda hard to understand.
Old August 4th, 2010 (07:13 AM). Edited August 5th, 2010 by GFA.
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
GO MANGA STUDIO!!

Did you draw it by hand and import it? Also, put it up on Smackjeevs or something, it needs a better format to read it in.

EDIt: Its also highly cliched that the freak knows Blue/Signomi/Whomever

Sponsored Links