The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 581 69.58%
Alright! 130 15.57%
Average 58 6.95%
Awful.. 16 1.92%
Abomination.... 50 5.99%
Voters: 835. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
EDIT: WOOT! Page 10!

As a call to arms, can someone rate the thread (the star rating option) It's currently 4.46 at 15 ratings, need to get 4.5+ to make it become a 5 star thread :)- but vote honestly, if you think it's 5/4/3/2/1 star- vote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2hack View Post
Wow..A zapdos in safari? o_O
Yeah, I'm trying to make legendaries a bit more common, like the anime/manga. the academy leader has a suicune, the first legendary you'll encounter, and now there'll be some legendaries in the safari zone. they're hard to catch, but catching will give you big points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dforte
Freaking amazing. If you dont mind me asking, how complete (percentage wise) would you say rainbow tower is? I would assume that you won't release the next beta until it is completely finished. I am only asking because every time you post an update I just keep saying to myself "I hope he releases the next beta this week" lol.
I am approx. 50-60% done. I know I'm over the half way mark. Theres only 3/8 gyms left, 2/4 AIs left. and the final boss.

Initally I was thinking next beta will go up to when you defeat the next AI (geo Sigma), but I might release it after I finish the tower.

Do you guys like more frequent version updates?
Or do you guys like more bigger version updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cless View Post
I'm actually quite thoroughly impressed by this game.
Thanks ;) It does seem quite easy to underestimate this game, the bizzare name, the graphics, the battle system and the pokemon. but it is a good game that im working hard to finish(halfway now) and it gives something a little bit different than the other pokémon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
wow that's a great idea for the safari zone, you can put whatever you want because we don't keep it.

I do have a question though, will anything we catch be added to our pokedex's?
currently- there is no pokedex, because (currently) theres only going to be about 150 pokemon catchable (mix of first and second gen, with some third gen ones.)
So a pokedex was kinda redundant. BUT- I am planning on making a pokedex that records pokemon that you fight. So if you encounter a pokémon, they'll be added. So the "gotta fill up the pokedex" metagame still exists.

Actually, I have 2 options, I need your guys input on which version would be better.

-Automatic version: records data on pokemon you encounter
-Manual version: pokedex must be selected inbattle to scan and record the enemy pokemon.

automatic is easier... but it might be too easy for people. you might accidently finish the pokedex without even realising.

It should be easy to make, because I had already created a pokedex for my old game (pokemon illusion- don't play it. It's bad)

---------
new "feature" but not really a feature.

OVERDRIVE MODE!
http://rpgmaker.net/users/kentona/lo...attleSpeed.zip
This is a patch of sorts- made by GameOverGamesProductions over at RPGmaker.net (better give credits)

If you apply this patch, it basically DOUBLES BATTLE SPEED.
you have to do some weird DLL injection thing each time you want to play- it's not really complicated, just follow the readme.
(if it doesnt work the first time, just try again)

ALSO: I suggest changing battle mode into wait- (main menu- switch active into wait)
this means the enemy's time bar won't fill up if you're making decessions.

Just thought some of you guys would want it. faster is always better.
I'll be incuding it in the next version download anyway.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; December 15th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old December 15th, 2010, 07:04 PM
DForte
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
wow....im really surprised that you're doing so much for this game and only 50% or 60% done. I cant wait to see the finished product.....or even the next beta release.

As to your question about updates; I personally like big updates, but it all depends what you are doing. What you're doing with rainbow tower, I consider a huge update. I do like how you keep us updated on what you are doing, but (i kno other fans may not like this) I dont think you should do so many screenshots. It is amazing, but it takes away the surprise.

The pokedex, I would like the manual scanner, because I think it would make you pay more attention to what's going on. If you know how to do this without killing yourself, go for it. I understand you want to make an amazing game, but do what gives you less of a headache.
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:12 AM
pokolul

I really love this game, hope you keep up the good work

Last edited by pokolul; December 16th, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old December 16th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Forbidden1
Combat Arms

any idea why i lag really badly? didnt happen in previous versions
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

I'd say keep updating the thread frequently like you've been doing all the time.
With that pokedex thing, I think manual version would be better because automatic would be like the original games and so not fun.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM
sread123
Beginning Trainer

hey darkdoom3000 im loving the game but i apear to be to go so far with it im using version 0.4 and ive done everything the to the point of arbor forest.... i got my first gym bage and spoke to oaks aid about the levla stone and such like even done one oaks missions... and well i cant figure were to go or what to do next soo any help would be great thanks
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Pokedex dilemma: I prefer auto, but manual gives more of a challenge
Updates: Bigger, i dont want to patch every couple days x.X

I also lag in v4.0, but only in the overworld...
I looked around in your saves, and found that your 'debug' file doesnt lag at all. :O
Old December 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM
DarkDoom3000

Replies.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
wow....im really surprised that you're doing so much for this game and only 50% or 60% done. I cant wait to see the finished product.....or even the next beta release.

As to your question about updates; I personally like big updates, but it all depends what you are doing. What you're doing with rainbow tower, I consider a huge update. I do like how you keep us updated on what you are doing, but (i kno other fans may not like this) I dont think you should do so many screenshots. It is amazing, but it takes away the surprise.

The pokedex, I would like the manual scanner, because I think it would make you pay more attention to what's going on. If you know how to do this without killing yourself, go for it. I understand you want to make an amazing game, but do what gives you less of a headache.
Thanks, ill try toning back on the volume of screenshots.
[ manual: 1 | auto: 0 ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokolul View Post
I really love this game, hope you keep up the good work :)
thanks, I still have 2+ months of holidays. so lots of time to do more work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden1 View Post
any idea why i lag really badly? didnt happen in previous versions
answered later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
I'd say keep updating the thread frequently like you've been doing all the time.
With that pokedex thing, I think manual version would be better because automatic would be like the original games and so not fun.
Thanks, so thats [ manual: 2 | auto: 0 ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sread123 View Post
hey darkdoom3000 im loving the game but i apear to be to go so far with it im using version 0.4 and ive done everything the to the point of arbor forest.... i got my first gym bage and spoke to oaks aid about the levla stone and such like even done one oaks missions... and well i cant figure were to go or what to do next soo any help would be great thanks
Ok, I assume you haven't met M yet. if you go through arbor forest, the whole map will be glitching out, on the grass, around the middle of the map, you should see a animating glitch patten. Just click on it, and it will teleport a few steps away, click on it and it will repeat it. just keep clicking and eventually you'll be teleported to another area. should be easy enough to follow from there.
If you get stuck again, just tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
Pokedex dilemma: I prefer auto, but manual gives more of a challenge :)
Updates: Bigger, i dont want to patch every couple days x.X

I also lag in v4.0, but only in the overworld...
I looked around in your saves, and found that your 'debug' file doesnt lag at all. :O
Hmm. well that is bizzare.. save file not lagging!? Well.... I have no idea.

----

Lag- LAG -- FORKING LAG!
Im not totally sure whats cauing the lag, but task manager gave me a hint.

A new RM2k3 project takes aobut 23,000k memory. It contains about 15 heroes. If you increase the hero count- then the memory will skyrocket.
At 200 heroes, it jumps to around 150,000k. (at 1000 it goes over 700,000k)

each (catchable) pokemon takes up 1 hero slot.
I had increased hero count in v0.4 to around 150. (to prep for adding more pokemon)

So adding more pokemon is causing lag for some people.

I will be lowering the amount of heroes in v0.5 to under 100. That *should* return it to pre-0.4 performance level.

Evolutions don't seem to matter. just the base pokemon. (so 100 base pokemon translates into over 200 counting evoltuions.)

I'm sure whats causing the lag, my laptop is year old (2gb ram, 2.1 GHz), and eevee edition runs fine. I get some light lag at around

ALSO: playing the game on splitscreen seems to increase lag in my experience. Press F4 to switch from fullscreen to window mode. Press F5 to change between x1 window and x2 window zooms.
----------
Im assuming thats what causing majority of the lag.

But for safe measure, I've included some optimisation options in v0.5.
you'll be able to disable most background process,
Evoltuion check, (overworld)Limitbreak check, trophy check and hotkeys.

---
Nothing to report. Just been doing the Pokedex and scanner. Its all background stuff right now, so can't really screenshot it. Should be finished today.
Manual is winning.

For now, manual scanning is going to be the way to go. Scanning is not required but it's a nice bonus for the people who are always wanting to fill up the pokedex.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; December 17th, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old December 17th, 2010, 04:55 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
Never had any lags.
But could be due my pc being quite strong.

Old December 17th, 2010, 06:22 PM
sread123
Beginning Trainer

thanks darkdoom3000 yeah you were right i hadnt bumped in m yet thanks so much it was troubling alot couldnt figure it out so fort i would ask about it.... i thought it was like the end of the demo at first but thought that couldny be right cause i was sure you could get more then one bage any way thank you ever so much im off tt bed now but plan to enjoy your alot nmore now i know to do bye
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:01 AM
saifors

I would like the manual Pokédex more then automatic
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

I would rather a manual dex also and i dont have any lag :p
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Forbidden1
Combat Arms

oh. i only had severe overworld lag at a forest (forgot name) and when i accessed my pokemon pc. so i did a new game+, and so far, i have no lags. i'd like auto pokedex (lol)
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:07 AM
DarkDoom3000

Update [21/12/10]
-----------

Oh boy, christmas in a few days....

Anyways, been busy implementing the pokédex. im happy to say that it's in working condition now. Heres how it works.

Pokédex will be given the same time you get your eevee (will be automatically added to people who've passed that bit)

Theres 4 sections to the Pokedex.
-Obtained
-Gen 1
-Gen 2
-Gen 3
---
The generations are obvious. I had split them up so theres less scrolling.
They contain all standard scanned pokemon.
You can view the data on any pokemon you've obtained. the first page will show name, number, types, weight and height. the second page, just a short sentence or two about the pokemon(taken from the offical pokedex)

I've finished up the first and second generations, gotta do 3rd...

The obtained section is the pokemon you can/have caught.
I havent actually started this section, but i want it to be grand.
It will contain more detailed information, and more stuff, like all the pokemon's sprite through the generations and personal thoughts on the pokemon. Im just brainstorming, as, like i said, i havent actually started that yet.

To scan pokemon, all you have to do is to use the Pokédex inbattle. A sound effect will happen if you've got a new pokedex entry.
Any pokemon you catch/evolve will automatically be added to the pokedex too.

As of now, the scanning will be manual. It's a interesting sidequest that people can do if they finish the beta.
I'm still pondering whether to allow scanning in the saffari zone.
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:10 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

I'd suggest you to make the "Pokemon scanned" box type: x/y (in the picture above 31/y). Then, you'd know how many pokemon you're missing to complete the dex (y would of course refer to the amount of pokemon that can be seen).
Besides, have you figured out a way to make the pokemon, you receive, seen in the pokedex too (I guess you've planned this through but just asking) ?

Anyways, cool update as always

Edit:
I watched the video you uploaded of the beginning of the game.

The way you can evolve is just superb !
I was amazed by how you made it so that Eevee's HP remains in the same rates as before :O
I also liked the event of rockets trying to steal your Eevee.
And...FF8 music ftw (though I like FF7 music the way most) :D

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; December 21st, 2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
DForte
Trainer

this is awesome.

on the scanning in the safari zone; i would say not to allow it unless the pokemon seen in there can all be captured on the outside. since you said that the pokemon obtained in the safari zone cannot be kept, why scan them? thats just me tho.

one other thing on the pokedex. will you be able to find the location on it, like in the games? im just asking, im not sure how much of a hassle that would be to implement.

once again, this is awesome. if you havent noticed, i am stalking this thread lol.

back to call of duty.

Last edited by DForte; December 21st, 2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: need to add something
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:40 AM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
I'd suggest you to make the "Pokemon scanned" box type: x/y (in the picture above 31/y). Then, you'd know how many pokemon you're missing to complete the dex (y would of course refer to the amount of pokemon that can be seen).
Besides, have you figured out a way to make the pokemon, you receive, seen in the pokedex too (I guess you've planned this through but just asking) ?

Anyways, cool update as always ;)

Edit:
I watched the video you uploaded of the beginning of the game.

The way you can evolve is just superb !
I was amazed by how you made it so that Eevee's HP remains in the same rates as before :O
I also liked the event of rockets trying to steal your Eevee.
And...FF8 music ftw (though I like FF7 music the way most) :D
Thanks, Just reminded me that it's about time to make the next vid.
There will be some FF7 music, AI battle music is the J-E-N-O-V-A track, and The saffari zone uses the FF7 boss battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
this is awesome.

on the scanning in the safari zone; i would say not to allow it unless the pokemon seen in there can all be captured on the outside. since you said that the pokemon obtained in the safari zone cannot be kept, why scan them? thats just me tho.

one other thing on the pokedex. will you be able to find the location on it, like in the games? im just asking, im not sure how much of a hassle that would be to implement.

once again, this is awesome. if you havent noticed, i am stalking this thread lol.

back to call of duty.
Because you can't catch all the Pokémon, you don't really have the "gotta catch em' all" metagame.

The pokédex scanning is a replacement for that. It's totally inderependent of the pokemon you can catch. You'll get full data on the Pokemon just by scanning them. Currently it won't show location. But it may change at a later date.

Any caught pokemon will be in the special "Obtained" section of the Pokedex.
The obtained section behave more like the traditional pokedex. If you've scanned the pokemon, you'll recive their basic info. Like name, number and location (the location when you can catch the pokemon)

Once you've obtained the pokemon, their full data will be revealed.

---
Ya know... I've been downplaying the amount of Pokémon catchable. But... I've recounted the amount of Pokemon catchable. 62 Species.
Which translates into a total 152 Pokemon. And thats without the post-release additions.
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Bzhuan
add a g to the end of my name

I'm gonna get real stupid now and ask:
When do you start getting to catch pokemon? Is it possible?

and also, what do the more... colorful pokemon have that's different than the usual gsc-style pokemon? (Like that one pidgey on route one)

sorry...

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed...If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, put this in your signature.
Make sure to check out my art thread! :
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234235
Old December 25th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

you dont catch pokemon you find corruputed (or rather enhanced) pokemon and you fight them. when you win you obtain them for your team try looking in the pc.

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old December 26th, 2010, 02:43 AM
DarkDoom3000

You don't catch pokemon traditionally, you can only be gifted them from ingame events, Or you can defeat corrupted(colourful) pokemon to catch them.

I couldn't make all the pokemon catchable, only around 152. But I didn't want to limit the amount of enemy pokemon. So while you can battle 386 pokemon, you'll only be able to catch 152.

To avoid confusion (and make it easier for me) I dropped the pokeball catching system.
(pokeballs exist in the game, your character is just unfortunate that he never manages to get a pokeball)
----
Gift
Normal: Given from ingame events.
Cost: Pokémon traded for money.

Corrupted (battle)

Normal: Boss battle against corrupted pokemon, obtain after defeating.
Fishing: Found in violently shaking fishing spots. Random chance of fishing out, must battle and defeat.
Candt Bait: Theres special patches of dark grass, clicking on one, you can place a Rare candy on it. If you leave the area and come back, theres a chance a corrupted Pokemon. battle and defeat to obtain.

Theres 84 (including evolutions, 30 different species) in the latest version. Theres a text file called "Pokemon Locations" in the v0.4 folder.
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:33 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Nice progress!
Most of my questions have already been asked, however
Looking at the Pokemon Locations file, are there going to be more pokemon to be obtained at the Amplus Adoption Agency?

(On a side note, you misspelled 'Phanpy' in the file; it's missing a 'n' )
Old December 26th, 2010, 06:05 AM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Just a question, is a Arbor Forest supposed to be corrupted with weird tiles?

Old December 26th, 2010, 10:21 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

@Above: Yeah, the first time through, anyway.
Spoiler:
You'll find 'M at the end.
Old December 27th, 2010, 04:03 AM
DarkDoom3000

@BCKC : Yep, more pokemon will be added to the adoption agency in due time. Magby, smoochum and elekid should be avalible by the next update

Merry christmas and happy new year! not really a big update, I've been spending the last few days devamping all the genIII pokemon.

It's taken a while, but ive finished. With that- I can complete the gen3 part of the pokedex.So all is good.

For thoes who can't see it, all pokemon sprites from G/S/C had 4 colours, Black, White and 2 others. So I went by each pokemon sprite, and removed colours, changed shading and whatnot.(I another extra colour for some pokemon, Eg: Roselia, who is green, but has a red rose on one hand, while a blue one in the other.
(click to reveal devamp picture)
Spoiler:

Ill be posting them in the resorce section tommorow. for people who wanna use em.

Now with that and the pokdex outta the way, I can continue with actual game progress
Old December 27th, 2010, 05:47 AM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Wow, that's a lot of work. They look good, except for Jirachi. =/

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here