The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 574 69.41%
Alright! 129 15.60%
Average 58 7.01%
Awful.. 16 1.93%
Abomination.... 50 6.05%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Nature: Brave
Oh, wow... Evil Pokemon... :O
They look creepy! They're great! I have a suggestion, though.
Corrupted things in computer programs sometimes look a bit... glitchy, no? What if you scrambled their sprites up a bit? Not quite to the extent of 'M or Missingno., but just a little? The sprites are wonderful as they are now, but in-game, they don't look that corrupted. They look really evil. Not quite scrambled in the sense of a data corruption. (That might not be what you're going for, though.)They look really awesome and scary, though. Really great job. I honestly don't know which would be cooler. Your tricked out sprites or messed up ones. (Maybe slightly evil/glitchy Pokemon wouldn't fit as well into the game, since you already have glitchy-looking defenders in the Upper Coding sequences... '.')

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
-The Vending Machine (Click me please!)-
-Let's Play/Torture/Screw Around With: Pokémon Red Version!
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
If I use New Game+ will I still have all the Pokemon that I have at there same levels and such they were at before I did this? Cause I worked hard leveling up there Pokemon. I don't want to lose them.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

you keep the pokemon but they are reset to level 1

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:20 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
the new corrupted aren't finalised. some are quite different (cacturne) others are just recolours. eventaully I just whipped up thoes sprites in a few minutes. expect fully corrupted sprites in v0.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
If I use New Game+ will I still have all the Pokemon that I have at there same levels and such they were at before I did this? Cause I worked hard leveling up there Pokemon. I don't want to lose them.
No, sadly. For balance reasons, Your levels will be reset to around level 5 if you use new game+

But that (and storybased items) are the only things reset. Any stat boosters used will still apply (HP up, Atk up etc). Your Pokemon's movelist will remain the same this includes naturally learned moves AND TM moves. And you pokemon will stay at the same evolutionary state.
(Lv5 blastoise with surf, hydro pump, ice fang, etc.)

v0.5 is ontrack to being released sometime tonight, There is a small chance of it slipping to tommorow though. Just spent the last few hours testing through the game to check for game-breaking glitches. Im 80% done testing.

It'll likely be late when I post it, so ill post some info about it now.

-

The new beta will have around 30minutes new gameplay.
-New Events: Flashbacks(4), Marina(3), History of AIs(elm), XDR encounter, Train Ticket.

-New Areas: Route 11, Khubla Desert South, Khubla Village, Tomb of the Sand King, Portus City(under construction), Route 12, Rainbow Tower(under construction)

-New Pokemon: Cacnea (khubla desert south), Shroomish (route 8)

-Eeveeon is avaliable.
-Regirock Summon
-Just for this beta... when you obtain regirock, you'll also obtain Lugia and Moltres. the latter two will be removed in v0.6. and will have to be obtained legitimetly.

Also for this beta, I'm fusing the Day/Night system with the Tile mode feature.
If you use the d/n system, you'll have 4 options

Normal
Night
Gen1
Gen3

(I was originally planning v0.5 to go up to the next AI, so I had already created the feature, but I had to bring forward the release of v0.5 to solve the lag. so I've fused it with the day/night system for now, it will get it's own item next update )

-vs bars
-rebalanced enemies(plus new EXP yeild)
-Database restructured
-Pokedex
-other minor stuff
-The rainbow is incomplete. But you can walk around it if you want. I've disabled saving inside the rainbow tower(and route 12) because if it could cause problems if that area is majorly changed.
-glitch fixes
-Optimisation to reduce lag(hopefully)
Old January 19th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Lockmaster24

yes new beta soon, i can't wait ^.^

Old January 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM
DForte
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
*stares at thread all day*

gotta be on the page when this releases............

lol, i can't wait. been really bored lately and school doesn't help
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:17 AM
DarkDoom3000

Sorry for the short delay. I went to a party, ended later than I expected. It's 3am here... ugh, just finished sorting out the last issues (I hope)

Andways! here it is!!!

Version Update: v0.5

Download

Mediafire | Megaupload
enjoy.

Features (from prev post)
Spoiler:
The new beta will have around 30minutes new gameplay.
-New Events: Flashbacks(4), Marina(3), History of AIs(elm), XDR encounter, Train Ticket.

-New Areas: Route 11, Khubla Desert South, Khubla Village, Tomb of the Sand King, Portus City(under construction), Route 12, Rainbow Tower(under construction)

-New Pokemon: Cacnea (khubla desert south), Shroomish (route 8)

-Eeveeon is avaliable.
-Regirock Summon
-Just for this beta... when you obtain regirock, you'll also obtain Lugia and Moltres. the latter two will be removed in v0.6. and will have to be obtained legitimetly.

Also for this beta, I'm fusing the Day/Night system with the Tile mode feature.
If you use the d/n system, you'll have 4 options

Normal
Night
Gen1
Gen3

(I was originally planning v0.5 to go up to the next AI, so I had already created the feature, but I had to bring forward the release of v0.5 to solve the lag. so I've fused it with the day/night system for now, it will get it's own item next update )

-vs bars
-rebalanced enemies(plus new EXP yeild)
-Database restructured
-Pokedex
-other minor stuff
-The rainbow is incomplete. But you can walk around it if you want. I've disabled saving inside the rainbow tower(and route 12) because if it could cause problems if that area is majorly changed.
-glitch fixes
-Optimisation to reduce lag(hopefully)

two stuff I forgot to mention:
-chapter structure. SPEE now has chapters. the beta runs til the end of chapter 6.
And... Credits at the end of the beta. You might see your name in there ;)

--
sooo dam tired. going to sleep, see ya guys in 8 hours.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 19th, 2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Omn
Moogle King

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: The evolution system is kinda weird cause even the pokemon that aren't in your party evolve too.

Last edited by Omn; January 19th, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Lockmaster24

downloaded and playing from the start (due to the fact i'm on a new computer) like the changes so far

EDIT:The first time you see Crystal when she talks there is a name Marion or something i missed the exact name

EDIT2: really minor when you talk to bugsy (from the right at least) he doesn't turn to face you.

EDIT3: again minor but Marril is spelt Marill

Last edited by Lockmaster24; January 19th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Omn
Moogle King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
downloaded and playing from the start (due to the fact i'm on a new computer) like the changes so far

EDIT:The first time you see Crystal when she talks there is a name Marion or something i missed the exact name

EDIT2: really minor when you talk to bugsy (from the right at least) he doesn't turn to face you.

It's actually all the gym leaders that do not turn to face you not just Bugsy

Edit: When you try to go back see portus city and you pass by the ledge on the left you can't move and it says now what after a rumbling and you get stuck in a loop over and over again

Last edited by Omn; January 19th, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Lockmaster24

also that item in aurum town that you have to cut down two trees to get to doesnt do anything

you cant interact with it.

Old January 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Omn
Moogle King

I noticed that when you import save files if you gave your pokemon tms the tm moves are gone

Edit: Is it possible to rename your eevee when you new game plus so cause the names i chose i dislike

Last edited by Omn; January 19th, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Ryan Hekk
Game Developer

Aww man, I didn't even notice you used Trophy support and I was just implementing it into my game when I realised :/ There goes my originality.
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Evilade

Awesome news. I'll start again 'cause of all these changes, not like I was very far though XD. I really can't stress enough how much I enjoy playing this game, and just how great it is.
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: The evolution system is kinda weird cause even the pokemon that aren't in your party evolve too.
ah, I totally missed that! good catch, will get fixed ASAP. (*)

Quote:

1-ah, yeah. her default name is marina(from anime). fixed that(*)
2-Fixing that (problem was, I didn't have all the gym leaders side sprites, and temporarly made them face down always. forgot about it til now)(*)
3-fixed that (*)

Quote:
It's actually all the gym leaders that do not turn to face you not just Bugsy

Edit: When you try to go back see portus city and you pass by the ledge on the left you can't move and it says now what after a rumbling and you get stuck in a loop over and over again
Woops, accidently left that in there, that's where the XDR event was originally gonna take place. There is a literal workaround. The path is 2 tiles.

Stick to the right side of the path and nothing will happen.
heres a diagram.

fixed that now (*)

Quote:
also that item in aurum town that you have to cut down two trees to get to doesnt do anything

you cant interact with it.
I had changed the itemball, berry tree, cut and rocksmash graphics so if you change the display mode (night/gen1/gen3) they will also change. I must have accidently changed the property on that one. report if you see more items that don't react (aswell as berry trees, cut trees and rocksmash rocks)

fixed(*)

Quote:
I noticed that when you import save files if you gave your pokemon tms the tm moves are gone

Edit: Is it possible to rename your eevee when you new game plus so cause the names i chose i dislike
Yeah, due to the pokemon database restructuring, I had to reassign the pokemon, sadly this ment the pokemon were reset to the level you had them on. It's an innoyance, but sadly I cant do anything without it.

I can do something about the eevee renaming, you can rename all your pokemon in your box, but eevee isn't there! So I'll be adding rename options there. (aswell as the ability to rename the gold, silver and crystal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hekk View Post
Aww man, I didn't even notice you used Trophy support and I was just implementing it into my game when I realised :/ There goes my originality.
Ah, don't fret. Nothings original these days. I copied trophies from sony, who copied it form microsoft, who copied it from the skill points in spyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilade View Post
Awesome news. I'll start again 'cause of all these changes, not like I was very far though XD. I really can't stress enough how much I enjoy playing this game, and just how great it is.

------------------------

firstly: this is good guys! No matter how tiny the bug, report it. The game gets more polished, and you get placement in the credits (which will be viewable at the end of the beta) I usually test through to make sure there's no gamebreaking glitches anyway (which is why i was up at 3am last night)

secondly:
can some confirm/deny the reduction of lag?
evilade's post didn't mention anything.

Megaupload link is up

back to bed ......zzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 19th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
DNZGames
Team Atmos Leader

Nature: Serious
this looks so promising, and so unique. i can't wait for the final version! this is just amazing! one thing i'm really interested in is the way you battle. very unique.

Old January 19th, 2011, 01:28 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

Crap, I'm 16 hours late!
... sorry for waiting so long to post. I just got back from school, and yesterday I couldn't even acess PC. I'm currently downloading version 0.5 as we speak. YAY!!! I can't wait to try it! It'll be so AWESOME!
...YES! It's finished downloading! Now to decompress it... (This is gonna take forever...)
...Yay! It's decompressed! I can play SPEE V.5 now!
I can't wait to play...
...Farewell, for now (Maybe after I finish this beta, I'll post again. I can't help it, this game is soo addictive... :D)

EDIT: I have a bug report. When you talk to the guy playing the gameboy in the Pokemart in Ventus City, the word "Special" at the end of the script runs off of the screen. It instead just says "Speci"

I support

By DarkDoom3000.

Last edited by mew_nani; January 19th, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Omn
Moogle King

Oh and when we new game plus the enemies and some of the events like aren't reset. Oh and how do you get more name tags

Edit: I noticed on the map that the images fro your home in ventus and aurum town are map images not i screen shot of your town
Edit 2: When you go battle the corrupted shroomish the in battle sprite is a mudkip(s) and it acts like one so you can kill it with one electric attack.
Edit 3: When you go battle the corrupted the overworld changes into a quilava one and the overworld for it before it changes is kinda weird looking but thats the way you made it.

Last edited by Omn; January 19th, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evilade

I am experiencing NO LAG whatsoever. Aurum Town was originally the big problem for me, and I had to go through that forest (the one with Ariados C) by pausing after every step. Version 0.5 runs perfectly. I do think I have found 1 bug though, when I use the Tetra Element to change formes my Eevee/Jolteon/whatever I'm using drops one or more 'junk' items, like Big Jaw etc... I don't remember version 0.4 doing that. Love the new Corrupt pokes by the way :3
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Omn
Moogle King

Oh when you receive the Hoot Hoot from the old guy the game crashes

Old January 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM
mew_nani
Flying out of the sun...

I found a few REAL bugs this time (sorry about being so nitpicky about special running off of the screen.) Anyway...
1. Using the Refine option of the computer in a Pokemon center, you can get Silk Thread/Rope/something (Sorry, I forgot the name.) in exchange for a Butterfly Wing. If you make the trade, the number of Butterfly Wings you have goes up by one, not down. This mean you can get a seemingly infinite number of Silk Threads.

2. The Mind Path sign in the Pokemon Academy is pointing the wrong way. It's pointing left instead of right.

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old January 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM
sread123
Beginning Trainer

bug for ya on route 4 you can walk on the water in some places mainly around the edges

do i get a star?
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:06 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNZGames View Post
this looks so promising, and so unique. i can't wait for the final version! this is just amazing! one thing i'm really interested in is the way you battle. very unique.
Thanks, the battle system is unique to pokemon, common in JRPGs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew_nani View Post
Crap, I'm 16 hours late!
... sorry for waiting so long to post. I just got back from school, and yesterday I couldn't even acess PC. I'm currently downloading version 0.5 as we speak. YAY!!! I can't wait to try it! It'll be so AWESOME!
...YES! It's finished downloading! Now to decompress it... (This is gonna take forever...)
...Yay! It's decompressed! I can play SPEE V.5 now!
I can't wait to play...
...Farewell, for now (Maybe after I finish this beta, I'll post again. I can't help it, this game is soo addictive... :D)

EDIT: I have a bug report. When you talk to the guy playing the gameboy in the Pokemart in Ventus City, the word "Special" at the end of the script runs off of the screen. It instead just says "Speci"
lol XD
fixed the glitch (*)

Quote:
Oh and when we new game plus the enemies and some of the events like aren't reset. Oh and how do you get more name tags

Edit: I noticed on the map that the images fro your home in ventus and aurum town are map images not i screen shot of your town
Edit 2: When you go battle the corrupted shroomish the in battle sprite is a mudkip(s) and it acts like one so you can kill it with one electric attack.
Edit 3: When you go battle the corrupted the overworld changes into a quilava one and the overworld for it before it changes is kinda weird looking but thats the way you made it.
Yeah, Newgame+ is a bit buggy in this version, I didn't have time to test it out fully. I don't recommend overwriting your original savefile when going newgame+

1- about that, not really a glitch more so me not having enough time to finish up all the cities. Which map screenshot is better?

2- lol, yeah. fixing. (*)
3- which corrupted pokemon are you talking about? not shroomsh right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilade View Post
I am experiencing NO LAG whatsoever. Aurum Town was originally the big problem for me, and I had to go through that forest (the one with Ariados C) by pausing after every step. Version 0.5 runs perfectly. I do think I have found 1 bug though, when I use the Tetra Element to change formes my Eevee/Jolteon/whatever I'm using drops one or more 'junk' items, like Big Jaw etc... I don't remember version 0.4 doing that. Love the new Corrupt pokes by the way :3
No lag? YAY!
fixed the equipment glitch, happened because originally you could only equip 1 junk item, but i made you could equip 2 at a time, but didn't change the form switch equipment handling. (*)

Quote:
Oh when you receive the Hoot Hoot from the old guy the game crashes
Dammit potentially big bug. When you get a pokemon, it calls an event (pokescan) to check if you have the pokedex data for it, and add it if you don't. But it will crash if the scan is called in the middle of the event instead of before or after it. in hoothoot's case it was called in the middle.

this could effect many of the corrupted pokemon, so if it happens more, tell me. (*) (current count, 14. saifors, who is at second place, has 4.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew_nani View Post
I found a few REAL bugs this time (sorry about being so nitpicky about special running off of the screen.) Anyway...
1. Using the Refine option of the computer in a Pokemon center, you can get Silk Thread/Rope/something (Sorry, I forgot the name.) in exchange for a Butterfly Wing. If you make the trade, the number of Butterfly Wings you have goes up by one, not down. This mean you can get a seemingly infinite number of Silk Threads.

2. The Mind Path sign in the Pokemon Academy is pointing the wrong way. It's pointing left instead of right.
All bugs are bugs, doesn't matter if it's a small one, still report it. If you noticed it, others probably will too, and it could innoy them.

1-Thanks, fixed that now :) (better stock up on thoes silk nets before the next version XD) (*)
2-fixed.(*)

Quote:
bug for ya on route 4 you can walk on the water in some places mainly around the edges

do i get a star?
Ah yep. took be a while to replicate it but yep. you can walk on the board supports from the sides. fixed + star :)

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 19th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
DForte
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
just wanted to say that I am a little upset that I had to go to class and that you uploaded it right after I got of........=(. lol jk, having fun playing the game so far.

found one glitch (not sure if it was a glitch in the previous version)

- On the dock with the corrupted poliwag, if you go to the opposite side where you change from the terrain to the dock, that row of tiles below that dock (the water) can be rode on with the bike (maybe walked on as well).

Still playing the game, will let you know if I find anymore glitches. Also like the new menu music.

Edit: Same glitch as before, but its by Imbio lake after you go through Mt. Sitor. Its next to the fishing spot. If you go up to the sign, then go right, you'll walk/ride on the water

I would check all the tiles with docks because I can walk on water in Portus City as well

Edit: Fought against XDR and he said "You're using a super Eevee coded by M no dout."
I went through it too fast so I may have missed more in that sentence, but "dout" is missing a "B."

"You've caught other pokemon aswell" - XDR
should be a space "As well"

When Eevee evolves, it says "A Eeveeon"
it should be "An Eeveeon"

Phone call with Oak "Just go stright......"
Missing an 'A' in straight

When talking to the girl in the train station about the ticket, you don't need a hyphen in Southeast

Also, Lag is fixed :D

That's it....I'm done. 1 thing I am curious about...in the saffari zone, if you use the pokeball, but the pokeball animation doesn't show, is that the pokemon running away or is that a glitch?

Ok, last thing. I PROMISE. Tried leaving rainbow tower and I couldn't go out the door. Went down the elevator, but when I tried going outside, I just kept going. Then I pressed Z at the door and I was able to go outside, but then I was able to walk on every tile.

Last edited by DForte; January 19th, 2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:54 PM
DarkDoom3000

gonna fix thoes later, you're gonna be banking a lot of stars.

currently playing LBP2... spent the last 3 hours trying to make an awesome batmobile+batpod vehicle

EDIT: if the pokeball animation doesn't appear, then they escaped before you could chuck it.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 19th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links