Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Demo] Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 618 69.67%
Alright! 139 15.67%
Average 60 6.76%
Awful.. 17 1.92%
Abomination.... 53 5.98%
Voters: 887. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 22nd, 2011 (02:30 PM).
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Just a quick question. How do trade evolution and friendship evolution work?
Old February 22nd, 2011 (03:13 PM).
Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist

Nature: Brave
I think trade evolution goes like this:

There is no trade-based evolution! All evolutions normally obtained by trading are obtained by level-up. As for evolutions involving trading with an item attached... I'm not sure. I'm not sure about freindship-evolutions either... I think it still works the same way as in the official games, and if not, by level-up. DarkDoom3000 obviously knows more about this than me. He could probably answer yur question a lot better than I can.

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old February 22nd, 2011 (06:00 PM). Edited February 22nd, 2011 by Rizzy.
// Friendship >> Chuck Norris

So far loving it, and I havent playing it that much.
Why love it so much?
Because there is one thing that was ANNOYING! me about figuring out if I wanted to make a RPG game or a hack. The Speed!. And you show me that it does not run as slow as a rom in its normal speed.
The first part really scare the living hell out of me. I was expecting something to pop out and scare me.
I cracked hard with the spoiler tag line. Lol.

I'll keep on playing these and hopefully keep on liking it.

EDIT: I just battle with the Eeve, and I felt kinda lost in the Battle Phase.

# "Not lazy, just laid back"

Old February 24th, 2011 (04:54 PM).
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Spoiler:
Quote originally posted by Diablo361:
I purposely deferred from playing this game until it was at a stage where I could get a good glimpse of what it had to offer or whether it would stay in development.

I'm glad I did.

This game is probably one of the most genuine games in Game Development. It's different in a good way, with the real time battling system well done. The game's story, while it took sometime to get off, is intruiging, to say the least.

I also like how self aware everything is set, from NPC's to the 4th Wall. It's well done.

I have a theory for what the PC is, but I won't say it here in case I'm right :P

Anyways good game on deck. I hope it gets completed.
Thanks, Uni starts up again next week, hopefully it won't slow progress too much.

Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
Yup, I got the Abra. Once I got it though, it turned into Kadabra. Did you mean for that to happen?
-
I got the ARiados, but just barely.
-
Abra's default level was 17, so it automatically evolves. I lowered it's default level to 10. I'm also changing all pokemons default levels so they don't automatically evolve now.

Quote originally posted by mew_nani:
Woo-hoo! Free money!

The Limiting Band is an aewsome idea. Now I have another incentive to train! (Aside from listing to "Man with the Machine Gun" from FF8 and the victory theme. And seeing the Eeveelutions decimate ALL in their path.) :D
thanks ;)

Just an idea, but what would happen if you added forbidden tetra elements? You have to do a limited time event to get them. So like, you're not limited to the already-made eeveelutions, but ghost and dragon types exist too.
EX: Day 1-Day 5
More eeveelutions is a possibility, but not something im working on now.

Quote originally posted by YourFavorite:
I am SO excited for the limiting band. you have no idea. XD
Can't wait for the next version! ^-^
Thanks, im aiming for mid/late march

Okay, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I made it night, and talked to the old man and he gave me a Hoothoot. Suddenly the game crashed with an error. I took a screenie if you'd like to see it.
someone mentioned it before, just avoid the hoothoot til the next version.

Quote originally posted by phosphate5:
Just a quick question. How do trade evolution and friendship evolution work?
Both trade and freindship evolutions are changed to level evolutions.
Pichu evolves at level 16,
Golbat evolves at level 32
Graveler evolves at level 42
Kadabra evolves at level 36
Haunter evolves at level 42
Onix evolves at level 42

Tyrouge's evolutions are broken in v0.5
He ends up evolving into totally different pokemon
(ampharos, zubat or golbat)
It will be fixed next version, it is meant to work like this..

Tyrogue evolves to a random evolution when it reaches level 20.
But you can choose an evoluton by equipping a specific item

Lv20 + Boxing Gloves = Hitmonchan
Lv20 + Springs = Hitmonlee
Lv20 + Spinning Top = Hitmontop

Quote originally posted by Rizzy:
So far loving it, and I havent playing it that much.
Why love it so much?
Because there is one thing that was ANNOYING! me about figuring out if I wanted to make a RPG game or a hack. The Speed!. And you show me that it does not run as slow as a rom in its normal speed.
The first part really scare the living hell out of me. I was expecting something to pop out and scare me.
I cracked hard with the spoiler tag line. Lol.

I'll keep on playing these and hopefully keep on liking it.

EDIT: I just battle with the Eeve, and I felt kinda lost in the Battle Phase.
Thanks.

the battle system is the Active Battle System from final fantasy games.
Everyone in battle has an ATB bar. when the bar is filled, the pokemon can do an action.

the enemy also has invisible ATB bars. when their one fills up they do an action.

The bars are inderpendednt. If your pokemon don't attack, the enemy still will.

The speed of your ATB bar depends on how much faster you are than the enemy.

Currently making new city. Ignis city. It's basically a copypasta of chinnibar island. It's a city on a island- It lacks a gym, but has a volcano.

A variety of fire pokemon will be avaliable there for capture, including slugmas, growlithes and a corrupted moletres will be there- which ,once defeated, can be used as a summon. (would be useful for the next gym) (If you already had lugia and moletres, they will be automatically be removed in the next version)

The prize zone is updated. You can buy a variety of items including recovery items, elementa cards, blank TM disks and even Manman updates (increased attack, HP and even item spaces)

A while ago, I mentioned that with the Reserve Team feature, the reseve team would not gain EXP. Well, I think I know a way to change that. Using the same way that the limiting band calculates any newly gained EXP, the reserve team will also obtain EXP.

They'll only gain half EXP. but something is better than nothing.
Old February 24th, 2011 (05:22 PM).

Great! (I wonder what glitched Moltres will look like... That will be so cool.)
You mention upgraded Manman attacks, HP, and item slots.... I know it automatically plays itself during your adventure, but... Can you play it as a separate minigame of sorts? I know you can activate it, but is it playable? You make it sound like it is... if it is, how do you play it?
And I like the Limiting Band's added effect of giving your reserve team half the normal experience. It hepls to keep the two teams in snyc, level-wise. That helps quite a bit, especially if you like one team more than the other and use one less, or have a defensive team and an offensive team, of which you use one more than the other. It's great!

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old February 25th, 2011 (02:22 AM).
的なインターネッ の最高級!

Nature: Timid
Cinnabar before or after it got obliterated by the volcano?
WAIT A MINUTE...
IDEA!
What if the AI's glitched Ignis City,so it randomly changed from Before the Volcano eruption to after?Then, after that was done a few times, 'M appears says the next AI you have to fight is screwing with reality,and his puzzle is he changes reality,so a piece of floor randomly turns into a teleporter that takes you back to the begining?
The way to solve it is that all the brown tiles are traps and all the orange-topped pokeballs are glitch enemies, The black tiles have no trap, and the red pokeballs contain items.
I think he'd give you a kind of reality bender, so on some clearly marked tiles(like the paper aeroplane curse in Paper Mario 2-The Thousand-Year-Door),you can bend reality to solve certain puzzles.
Example:
When leaving Route after Ignis City,there's a guy who says that there have been strange stuff in the next Route/City/Cave,so you cannot pass. Somewhere else on the route, there is A reality-bender tile.If you use the RB on the tile, the mans sprite turns into a glitch.(I have an animation idea for it=the tiles around start looping from Gen1,Gen2,Gen3,?Gen4?,Day,Night and finally coding.loop three times,go back and the man has the sprite of a glitch.)
I know this would probably SERIOUSLY delay the next beta, but if you can it would be pretty cool too implement.
SPEE FTW.
~RulerArceus
And yeah, my friend hacked it. His DS got drenched in Orange Juice and he cant use it anymore.I put my Feraligatr up here to share the memory of my friends R4 and his SS that he's not really ever going to get a Chance to use again.EDIT: Oh wait, it started working again .
SUICUNE LV.30
EXTREMESPEED|AIR SLASH|AQUA RING|SHEER COLD|
My first ever event pokemon. I screamed like a little girl when I went on the Mystery Gift and actually got results.
OH MY GAWD *HYPERVENTILATION*
pretty much explains how I felt. I know a bunch of people that have better Events than me like the Lv. 100 Arceus or Celebi etc.
but it's still my first event and it has a special place in my heart.
Old February 25th, 2011 (02:26 PM).

@RulerArceus: ...That is an awesome idea. May or may not be impossible, since a lot of what you depict has to do with mapping, (tile properties, impassability, etc.) and that was XxLionheartxX. I'm not sure if GeoSigma has that kind of power, it was mentioned before, but I forgot. :D But it's still pretty cool.

@DarkDoom3000: Say, what if there was some sort of music player implemented in the game? Like an iPod or something that had all of the tracks you've heard so far on it? A lot of the music you hear in the game is quite good, so it would be nice to listen to it at any time. It would be even better if you could use said iPod thingy to manipulate the music you hear during wild battles, boss battles, etc. (I would abuse that power to full effect... hehehe.)

No doubt that was a lot to absorb. Both are pretty cool ideas. :D

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old February 25th, 2011 (03:34 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

This is a really awesome game!
Unique in every way.

I am enjoying the game so far. :D
Old February 25th, 2011 (08:48 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Alright...I have an idea for the game:
-
So, I'm not that far in the game yet, but you said
"A city on an island" for the Ignis. How about you access it by boat...but when you get there, instead of a boat, there's something totally random, like a cake or a building in the middle of the water. You examine it and then it morphs into something else completely random. The character, now extremely confused, interacts with it again and it turns into your rival. Beat the rival, then everything around you turns all blurry and flickery, like Oak in the intro. M shows up, starts to tell you this is GeoSigma's doing, that Sigma's hideout has been located, but there's only one way to work it down to it's code form, that's unusual from the other AI's. Before 'M' could finish, the blurs go back to normal, M vanishes, and the strange object is finally the boat. You ride in the boat, and have to figure out how to defeat GeoSigma and what makes it different from the other AI's.
-
The thing is, maybe the way to defeat it is to work it down to fury form, then instead of attacking, you have to use non-offensive moves(growl, howl, leer, mean look...)and that hurts the fury form. Attacks will do nothing, leading GeoSigma bragging he's immortal.
-
Just an idea.
Old February 27th, 2011 (05:49 PM).
A nobody, just like you.

Been on vacation for President's week. Back now.
Anyway, yeah, Kyledove has public tiles. And I wouldn't want to convert ALL the tiles, bit of work (Working on a unannounced RM2k3 project ><), I'm converting them by towns right now.
I love the Limiting Band idea, BTW
Old February 28th, 2011 (02:36 PM).
pokemon Master

WOW! this is very cool Like final fantasy meets pokemon! nice ideas, and looks pretty fun!
Old February 28th, 2011 (03:47 PM).
Random little kid

One suggestion: You should switch the Continue and New Game options on the menu. I keep accidentally pressing New Game and having to close the window.

Also, as has probably been mentioned, Treecko is spelled Treeco in the game, and the corrupted Breloom is a Mudkip (S).

I read some of the above posts, and... are Lugia and Moltres obtainable in this demo?
Old March 5th, 2011 (02:12 PM).

Man, more people should pay attention to this thread.

@phosphate
I don't see a problem with the NEW GAME/CONTINUE buttons
The Breloom glitch wil be fixed soon, I think DarkDoom is working on it
I don't know if Lugia and Moltres are obtainable, probably are though

Anyways, everyone type 1111 in the cell-phone to get a berry!!
Old March 5th, 2011 (03:49 PM).
AKA TolerantX

great ideas man. My friend at work randomly said to me one day, "Why not make an old school pokemon with evee instead of bulba,squirt,char, or the silver ones? That way you can choose?" I said, someone would have come up with the idea, it's a great idea. You have a good idea of retro style too, good job, I will play this up. ty!
Old March 5th, 2011 (04:28 PM).
Random little kid

I really wasn't expecting the XDR/desert thing plot twist XD But it was cool.

Now, though, whenever I go back to that route where XDR appeared (west of the mine valley), it traps me in an infinite loop of *earthquake*, "Oh God, what now?".
Old March 5th, 2011 (04:32 PM).
The Chosen Nub

Nature: Naughty
This game is so in-depth it's unreal... Amazing Work.

Life Without a Totodile is no life at all.
Soviet Russia's PokePet

Toto the level 74 Totodile!
Old March 5th, 2011 (05:16 PM). Edited March 5th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Replies
Spoiler:

@DarkDoom3000: Say, what if there was some sort of music player implemented in the game? Like an iPod or something that had all of the tracks you've heard so far on it? A lot of the music you hear in the game is quite good, so it would be nice to listen to it at any time. It would be even better if you could use said iPod thingy to manipulate the music you hear during wild battles, boss battles, etc. (I would abuse that power to full effect... hehehe.)
Theres a hidden feature in v0.5, it's gonna be fully fleshed out, but the Radio in your house allows you to modify battle music.

in v0.6 you can change it to various tracks from FF6,7 and 8. Also the ability to switch to official pokemon battle music. (currently 13 options. To be expanded in later version. I want to include battle music from each FF game)

Quote originally posted by phosphate5:
One suggestion: You should switch the Continue and New Game options on the menu. I keep accidentally pressing New Game and having to close the window.

Also, as has probably been mentioned, Treecko is spelled Treeco in the game, and the corrupted Breloom is a Mudkip (S).

I read some of the above posts, and... are Lugia and Moltres obtainable in this demo?
Can't change the order of the selections.
The most I could do is rename newgame to continue. Sorry.

spelling fixed. breloom issue was mentioned.

Lugia and Moletres aren't really obtainable. I just made it so you automatically obtain them when you get Regirock. Just to show them off. Once you update to v0.6 lugia and moletres will be removed. and you'll have to obtain them legitimatley.

-
And with the infinite loop, stick to the right of the path and you should avoid the error tile.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Uni started a week ago. Work has been stalled. But I did some stuff over the weekend.

New Areas Completed

-Ignis City
-Route 14
-Route 15
-Quistis Ferry

To Do.
-Ignis Volcano
-Route 16
-Crimson Woods

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9426/ignis.png

Ignis Island is the newest location in SPEE. It has a volcano which formed the island. Theres a town on the foot of the volcano, which has a harbor that can take you to other harbor towns.

There are two routes on Ignis island. Route 15 to the east of Ignis Town and Route 16 to the west. Fire based wild pokemon can be found there. Including a Corrupted Growlithe.

The main volcano can also be traversed. Numels and Slugma are found there. A corrupted Slugma can also be caught. Deep in the volcano there lies a moletres which once defeat can be summoned.

Adpotion Agency Update

-
You can now adpot new pokemon, depending on the amount of badges you have.
0- Pichu
4- Smoochum
5- Elekid
6- Magby

Also, speaking of elekid and magby. Their final evolutions will now be obtainable. Magmotar and Electrivire. They'll evolve when they reach Lv 42.

----
I should have a new demo up in a few weeks(2-4 weeks). Most of the mapping has been done. Just need to do a few more events.
It would contain...

1 new gym
1 new AI (officially obtain the tile changer)
Silph co/Giovanni event
Pokemon catchable: Wingull, Voltorb, Mankey, Growlithe, Slugma, Krabby, Smoochum, Magby, Elekid, Magikarp.
New Summon(officially obtain Moletres)
Limiting Band
Rainbow Tower(saffari, quiz, prize, arcade created)
Old March 5th, 2011 (05:33 PM). Edited March 6th, 2011 by mew_nani.

YAY AWESOME!!!

...What's the tile changer? Also in the map you supplied, there is a water route. Will you need to obtain an item to traverse the water? If so, what's the item?

And I still can't wait to see the corrupted Moltres. That. Will. Be. So. Cool. :D

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old March 6th, 2011 (05:22 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Wow nice updates.

Tile changer? Will that change the tiles of the entire game? :O

Anyway, keep up the very nice work.
Old March 6th, 2011 (10:09 AM).
A nobody, just like you.

The Tile Changer...
Did you change the name of the time traveling thingy?
Sorry I haven't been as active as usual. Busy working on a RM2k3 and schoolwork.
SATs next week too ><

Anyway, for the graphic edit, I only have (mostly) OWs and battle things left. Maps are about 80-90% done. If anyone can send me a save file late in the game it'll be great.
Also, I've decided on [mostly] edited 3rd gen tiles for overworld tiles, some 4th gen for objects, and 4th gen for everything else
Old March 6th, 2011 (10:15 AM).

Late in the game? How late do you mean? I have a complete one, as in complete to the end of the demo. (Not all catchable Pokmeon obtained, but it's complete.) I can send it to you if you like.

EDIT: I have attached the file to this post. It should be below this line of text in a zipped folder. I hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Save01.zip‎ (8.4 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old March 8th, 2011 (09:07 AM).
Hi

Awesome game!
I loved when those Missing.No. Atacks!so cool!whew...I thinked the game will stop when the giants Missing.No. appears!!big mystery!

Old March 8th, 2011 (08:07 PM).

Late in the game? How late do you mean? I have a complete one, as in complete to the end of the demo. (Not all catchable Pokmeon obtained, but it's complete.) I can send it to you if you like.

EDIT: I have attached the file to this post. It should be below this line of text in a zipped folder. I hope it helps.
I got some pokemon you didn't have..Tyrogue..anyways, how'd you find the Ferreus Gym Leader?
Old March 12th, 2011 (10:27 PM).
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Nature: Docile
Nice updates!! I think the volcano would be really cool and I suppose the corrupt growlithe and moltres are there..
Oh and also the safari is a great idea :D
Looking forward for updates!
Old March 13th, 2011 (08:08 AM).
The dark Cheetah

OOOwhhhh DAMMMNNN What this Beautiful Hack Made!!!!!!! AWSOME GREAAT JOOB MY FREIND I SUPPORT THIS GAME
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links