Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Demo] Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 621 69.78%
Alright! 139 15.62%
Average 60 6.74%
Awful.. 17 1.91%
Abomination.... 53 5.96%
Voters: 890. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 1st, 2011 (09:06 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Err... to be honest, I'm really not comfortable with (even more) full on crossovers. I can appreciate cameos, even to the current extent that we have, but... the extent I'm seeing is... quite frankly, insane. It'd feel awkward, at least to me. It'd take a lot more time to add in all of these subplots and, well... it'd just feel awkward as hell to see even more worlds combined into this.

If you want to do it, that's fine. This is me being sort of selfish, anyway. If you don't want to do it, then don't let them pressure you into it just to please them. Probably wouldn't end up being a good thing.
We're not pressuring him into doing it. He said he wanted a few more side quests, so if he decides to have characters from other games make an appearance, why not add in a side quest. I doubt too many people would really do the side quest, so I would say only add 1 or 2. These are just ideas and while I think it would be cool to see characters from other games, I could care less.
Old July 2nd, 2011 (05:52 PM).
The Unconscious Wanderer
Gold Tier

I see... well, then it's okay, I suppose. Still a little awkward to introduce even more fandoms, but... well, at the end of the day, who really gives a ****?

Also, congrats. Someone's Let's Playing this game on Pokecommunity.
Old July 2nd, 2011 (06:33 PM). Edited July 2nd, 2011 by Lockmaster24.
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Quote originally posted by DarkDoom3000:
As for real cameos. It's always possible. an augumon(from digimon) is already programmed(but unobtainable) in the game.
OMG Agumon :D nothing else.
Quote:
Also, im curious. has anyone encountered a shiny yet?
I have but not recently, i lost my save for some reason.

[QUOTE=mew_nani;6723150]XD That would be great. Imagine a duel with Blue Eyes White Dragon. XD Or the Winged Dragon of Ra. (Actually quite funny when you think about it. :D)[/QUOTE]
Why Ra?!? Wouldn't Red Eyes more sense.

Conviently Reshiram has Blue eyes and Zekrom has Red eyes
Reshiram is meant to be there...
Old July 3rd, 2011 (05:13 AM). Edited July 3rd, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
when/if I do put camoes, they'll be subtle and sidequests.

Quote originally posted by Zeta Dimentio:
Also, congrats. Someone's Let's Playing this game on Pokecommunity.
Thanks for pointing that out, I watched it and a few other ones.
It's really good watching other people play your game.
You find out where people have trouble.

watching one of them I realised stuff like the whole M encounter is pretty confusing, and that directions could be clearer. (one guy got stuck in arbor city, didn't realise you could head north, actually cycled around the whole region. :O
Old July 3rd, 2011 (04:11 PM). Edited July 3rd, 2011 by mew_nani.
Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist

Nature: Brave
I've just updated to version .603. I'm late. XD I've noticed something though. In Mors Village, the finding and burying of the bones in the Cave of the Damned sidequest (?) doesn't reset in New Game +. I'm not sure if that's already been reported, though. Although the corrupted Haunter does.

Quote:
Also, im curious. has anyone encountered a shiny yet?

Sadly, no. I have no luck with shinies...

Gosh this game is so fun!

also...
Quote:
Why Ra?!? Wouldn't Red Eyes more sense.

I was just throwing random characters around. Can you think of anything else?

(press SPACE to continue.)
I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old July 3rd, 2011 (04:27 PM).
Lover of every Pokemon

Hi my little sister has version 6.02 and she can't get out of a house (i dunno what its called) its the place where there is poisonous gas on lower levels of the house and where you find Corupted Latias/latios its kinda hard for me to explain cause i only want to play it when the full version is out :D
Old July 3rd, 2011 (05:40 PM). Edited July 3rd, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.

Quote originally posted by mew_nani:
I've just updated to version .603. I'm late. XD I've noticed something though. In Mors Village, the finding and burying of the bones in the Cave of the Damned sidequest (?) doesn't reset in New Game +. I'm not sure if that's already been reported, though. Although the corrupted Haunter does.
sidequests don't reset when doing NG+. Only story events/items and levels should reset.
The haunter fight is story forced battle so you'll battle it regardless (like zubat, ariados and lairon)

Quote originally posted by megapokemon3:
Hi my little sister has version 6.02 and she can't get out of a house (i dunno what its called) its the place where there is poisonous gas on lower levels of the house and where you find Corupted Latias/latios its kinda hard for me to explain cause i only want to play it when the full version is out :D
ah yeah. Thats a glitch- Go download the v0.603 update (here) then you'll be able to go to the top floor and battle giovanni. :)

-just some screens-

Old July 4th, 2011 (08:49 AM).
Eevee trainer

Nature: Lonely
"I really don't get paid enough for this." L0LS
Old July 4th, 2011 (07:04 PM).
Lover of every Pokemon

Ahhh thanks ill download it later :D
Old July 4th, 2011 (11:47 PM).
Itrainespeons. :D

Pretty amazing game you've made here.
I've beat your latest release, but one thing it still eluding me:
How do I evolve my nidorino? I have a Moon Stone, and he is level thirty something, yet it still won't let me evolve him, doesn't even give me the option to select the moon stone. Am I forgetting something?

Old July 5th, 2011 (05:26 AM).

Quote originally posted by 66hunter66:
Pretty amazing game you've made here.
I've beat your latest release, but one thing it still eluding me:
How do I evolve my nidorino? I have a Moon Stone, and he is level thirty something, yet it still won't let me evolve him, doesn't even give me the option to select the moon stone. Am I forgetting something?
You get the moon stone from Luna Forest. Use the Day/Night System to make it night and you go to Sola forest (Sola and Luna are the same place). The moon stone is at the bottom of the map on the left I believe.
Old July 5th, 2011 (08:18 AM). Edited July 5th, 2011 by mew_nani.

Quote:
sidequests don't reset when doing NG+. Only story events/items and levels should reset.

Ok then... but I've run into a much bigger problem. Remember where you had to get a Silver Berry to give to the Berry Master in Ferrerus Town? That way, though a series of events, you could help Jasmine and get her to battle you in the Gym? Only part of it seems to reset. The event with her standing over the baby Spoink, requesting you to get baby medicine from the Berry Master does reset with New Game +. But when I go to her, (The Berry Master) she offers to exchange your berries for Berry Juice, but doesn't mention anything about the Silver Berry or the baby medicine. And the tree where you get the Silver Berry? There's nothing there. No Berry of any kind.

Basically, since I can't get the Silver Berry, I can't get Jasmine's Gym Badge. What's going on? :\

EDIT: ...Well crap. I didn't set the event off in the first place yet. I'm sorry. It works just fine, as soon as I set it off by talking to Jasmine. I guess I got confused, as I remember talking to Jasmine before I backtracked to Mors Village to get the Pickaxe... I guess I did, and reset without saving or something. :\ (Neat idea, not reseting the sidequests. Saves a lot of time. :D)

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old July 5th, 2011 (09:25 AM).
Itrainespeons. :D

Quote originally posted by DForte:
You get the moon stone from Luna Forest. Use the Day/Night System to make it night and you go to Sola forest (Sola and Luna are the same place). The moon stone is at the bottom of the map on the left I believe.
I'm saying I have the Moon Stone, yet I still cannot evolve.

Old July 5th, 2011 (09:41 AM).

Quote originally posted by 66hunter66:
I'm saying I have the Moon Stone, yet I still cannot evolve.
You have to equip it to nidorino, then battle a wild pokemon and after the battle, it will evolve. It doesn't need to level up.
Old July 7th, 2011 (03:10 AM).

I've completed the Train event, which once you complete, oak will call you and tell you to deliever a package to someone in Ignis Island.

Currently starting to code up the Blue event. He'll be there to capture a growlithe- and battle you.
Old July 7th, 2011 (03:17 AM).
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Quote originally posted by DarkDoom3000:
Currently starting to code up the Blue event. He'll be there to capture a growlithe- and battle you.
Ahhh, awesome. But what game will he be based on?
Old July 7th, 2011 (07:38 PM).

Did you figure out a way to incorporate the event so you don't have to create a new game?
Old July 7th, 2011 (07:43 PM).
Gold Tier

Holy tie-knotting reptile men, dude. A battle on a train? That is absolutely awesome. I was disappointed with Black and White because there was that one town that was all about the subways that just felt like it was added last minute, and I thought it would be completely awesome if Team Plasma hijacked a subway and you had to battle them in it or something...

But seriously, that's awesome. Really glad you put that in.
Old July 7th, 2011 (08:47 PM). Edited July 8th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.

Quote originally posted by Lockmaster24:
Ahhh, awesome. But what game will he be based on?
The game is a reimagining of G/S/C so he would take on that persona. He would be 18-19 years old, plus he's a gym leader, so he would be more grounded, but still cocky. Which would create some good dialouge with Gold, since he's cocky himself.

Quote originally posted by DForte:
Did you figure out a way to incorporate the event so you don't have to create a new game?
Yeah, when you enter the docks of Ignis Island, The game will inform you that an event has been retroactively added. And then it'll teleport you to khubla town. The train would be the only way back, which would trigger the event.

After which, you'll teleport back to the docks.

If you had started a new game or haven't got past chapter 6(desert) the train hijacking will happen when you take the train back, and you won't get teleported to there later in the game.

Quote originally posted by Daedalus:
Holy tie-knotting reptile men, dude. A battle on a train? That is absolutely awesome. I was disappointed with Black and White because there was that one town that was all about the subways that just felt like it was added last minute, and I thought it would be completely awesome if Team Plasma hijacked a subway and you had to battle them in it or something...

But seriously, that's awesome. Really glad you put that in.
Lol, reptile men!?
I did find rocket encounters were getting stale. The train should mix it up a bit.
It's also nice how it meshes with the chapter name. some omnious foreshadowing (ch6: derailed)

--
Minigame Needed
I need a good minigame. A minigame that you would play against people in the game. Basically to replace the elemental game. (which was sorta a placeholder until I could have thought of something better)

Im thinking of making a reskinned version of speed
or make a more complex version of the existing card game, probably represented as rock paper scissors.

----
Rainbow Tower Updates
I'm also adding in more Rainbow Tower stuff. Quizzes and whatnot. Also fixing prices, and adding more stuff to buy. (High level TMs for a lot of credits. Some DMs and equipment too. The smartest idea would be buying the DMs- then refining them into TMs, as you'll end up saving money.

Battle Zone will likely make it. Probably with one 9 stage challenge.
Dungeon Zone... may or may not make it in.

Cleaning Up

Progress is going pretty nicely. As such- The next beta version may be out this month. Possibly in the last week, or first week of august. Depends on my Uni workload. So yeah.
Expect v0.7 sooner than expected (especially since there was a 6 month wait between v0.5 and 6, granted, I did stop development for 4 months due to school.)
If I stick to this schedule, I should have v1.0 out before years end.

Would be nice to be one of the few completed games in the gameDev section.

Some useless stats (from all versions)
Total downloads: 3999 (im not kidding, I added up megaupload's 1000+ and mediafire's 2800+ downloads. and got exactly 3999)
Mediafire Bandwidth: 72.65 GB (megaupload doesn't record bandwith)
Date SPEE Started: Don't know, but it was probably mid-january 2010.(original v0.1 thread here)

Also, not sure if mentioned. But when going into a flashback, the LOST flashback sound now plays. It's really cool for a LOST fanboy like me.
(preview here)
Old July 8th, 2011 (05:11 AM).
Pokemon hack/game player

wow though 3999 downloads, (probably at least 4000 by now).

Still looking good, and it sounds great that production is speeding along.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old July 8th, 2011 (05:49 AM).
Skilled Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
I have got to say that I downloaded the demo a week ago and i fell in love with this game. I love the final fantasy series and pokemon and your game feeds both of my addictions I got so sad when i had leveled up all the pokemon that you can catch that i just started another game. Best of luck!
Old July 10th, 2011 (11:22 AM).
Eevee trainer

Nature: Lonely
I really can't think of any good player v cpu minigames right know, but I'll love to see a robot rapidash attack in the arcade.
Old July 11th, 2011 (05:34 PM).

Maybe... Doduo racing? Or something like that? :\

I support

By DarkDoom3000.
Old July 12th, 2011 (03:36 AM). Edited July 12th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.

^ Na, im gonna be using that for something else.
---

@fireyboy345
Thanks, pretty impressive that you leveled up all the pokemon!

---
just started second simester, having some trouble switching classes, if successful, I will have no classes on fridays = 3 day weekends, every week. :D

Anyways, minor update not been doing much, I am programming in the legendary beasts(jotoh legendary trio). They'll work much the same way in G/S/C

There'll be a new route, west of Ventus city(second city). There'll be a building called the "shirne of the beasts" in there. From there you can find out whether the beasts are roaming the region.

After you obtain regirock, Raikou will be the first of the beasts to become avaliable. Entai and Suicune will be avaliable later.
Old July 12th, 2011 (03:48 AM).
Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
I take it when you defeat them ... you get to summon them?
Or can ya catch em?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)