Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Demo] Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 609 69.60%
Alright! 137 15.66%
Average 59 6.74%
Awful.. 17 1.94%
Abomination.... 53 6.06%
Voters: 875. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 11th, 2011 (01:07 PM).

So I just finished the latest Beta and I have to say wow! I wasn't sure what to think at first since it isn't your typical pokemon game and the lack of pokemon, but the story was interesting enough to keep me hooked and I loved the battle system. Now that being said here are my questions and suggestions.

Just for my curiosity, how do other trainers catch pokemon if there is a pokeball shortage? This isn't a big deal, I'm just wondering.

Will we find out who all the other AI's were before being AI's or only which one is Tom? I understand if you don't want to ruin the plot so you don't have to say which AI's are who.

How do you evolve the pokemon that require trades? My team was a Charizard, Haunter, Graveler, and of course super evee and I would like haunter and graveler to evolve.

Finally, I would like to see a feature added that allows you to check the locations where you placed rare candies if you can because I placed a few but now I forget where they are and I have to search the whole map to see if they attracted pokemon.
Old September 11th, 2011 (03:51 PM).
Solo Runner

Nature: Quirky
I have a very important question about the game's controls. It seems that none of the arrow keys are working and neither are the z/space/enter keys. The X/C/V/B buttons are working fine, but nothing else is. Stranger yet, it seems that every time I minimize or maximize any window (not just the game window), the z/space/enter key command is being activated. I've tried re-downloading multiple times but nothing works. Any help in regards to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Further inspection reveals that the alt key is working for my z/space/enter key. I've tested every other key and nothing will move the cursor around the name selection screen.
ALSO ANOTHER ULTIMATE SOLO CHALLENGE
Devonshire the Sableye [FR-SS-E-PT-W]

Completed Challenges:

Psycho the Beldum/Metang/Metagross [FR-SS-E-PT-W]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Titan the Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking [B-C-R-PT-W]
--------------------------------------------
Regular Solo Challenge:
Razor the Drilbur/Excadrill [BLACK]
Beat Team Plasma | Beat Champion Alder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Venom the Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede [BLACK]
Old September 12th, 2011 (03:10 AM).
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Aura Guardian Zach:
I think you got some of the questions in the Pokemon Breeding Quiz wrong because I know for a fact I got them right... :\
Plus I've seen some spelling mistakes too. It's Marill not "Marril" and Arcanine not "Arkanine" but hey, it's a great game regardless.
The quiz was written by another member, but if i recall correctly, a few of the questions are trick questions.

Quote originally posted by Alster26:
So I just finished the latest Beta and I have to say wow! I wasn't sure what to think at first since it isn't your typical pokemon game and the lack of pokemon, but the story was interesting enough to keep me hooked and I loved the battle system. Now that being said here are my questions and suggestions.

Just for my curiosity, how do other trainers catch pokemon if there is a pokeball shortage? This isn't a big deal, I'm just wondering.

Will we find out who all the other AI's were before being AI's or only which one is Tom? I understand if you don't want to ruin the plot so you don't have to say which AI's are who.

How do you evolve the pokemon that require trades? My team was a Charizard, Haunter, Graveler, and of course super evee and I would like haunter and graveler to evolve.

Finally, I would like to see a feature added that allows you to check the locations where you placed rare candies if you can because I placed a few but now I forget where they are and I have to search the whole map to see if they attracted pokemon.
Thanks.

Pokeball shortage- it was known for quite some time that there would be a shortage; so people stocked up. Unluckly for the main character, he began the game after the shortage started.

The other AI's backstories will be revealed in later versions. not all of them being important.

There are no trade evolutions, so they'll evolve via level up instead. both graveler and haunter evolve at level 42

Good suggestion about making the map more detailed.

Quote originally posted by wingman11:
I have a very important question about the game's controls. It seems that none of the arrow keys are working and neither are the z/space/enter keys. The X/C/V/B buttons are working fine, but nothing else is. Stranger yet, it seems that every time I minimize or maximize any window (not just the game window), the z/space/enter key command is being activated. I've tried re-downloading multiple times but nothing works. Any help in regards to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Further inspection reveals that the alt key is working for my z/space/enter key. I've tested every other key and nothing will move the cursor around the name selection screen.
Im not sure why thats happening. what operating system do you have?
It might have something to do with sticky keys.

try replace the rpg_rt.exe with this file http://www.mediafire.com/?2fxi353ishdzj36
Old September 12th, 2011 (08:13 AM).
Solo Runner

Quote originally posted by DarkDoom3000:
Im not sure why thats happening. what operating system do you have?
It might have something to do with sticky keys.

try replace the rpg_rt.exe with this file http://www.mediafire.com/?2fxi353ishdzj36
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, but that shouldn't cause it to fail, and I know that sticky keys is off. However, it's a non problem now, as the file you provided is working just fine. Thank you immensely, I can't wait to play through.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 12th, 2011 (04:16 PM). Edited September 13th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.

Oh, wow. It worked!?

Better go PM the other guy who was having the problem. never expected that to fix the problem.

Tell me if you get any errors using that new RPG_RT. I haven't tested it with that.

---
I'm currently rebalancing the enemies.

Theres 2 ways I can do things...base enemies stats on hero stats. ie: a level 17 ivysaur will have the same stats as your lv 17 ivysaur.

It makes the battle feel completely balanced- BUT makes the battle feel a little long. Due to enemies having as much HP as you. (level 4 ratatta with 400 hp... takes about 8 turns to kill with a level 4 eevee)

the other way I could do it is decrease enemy HP and move the decreased amount into atk. It should work out the same, but will make the enemies have less HP; thus quicker battles, but they would kill you easilier.

This should make the game more challenging. hopefully.
Old September 14th, 2011 (12:36 AM).

Boost everyone's attack. Or lower everyone's HP. Until the average attack stat is able to take down the average HP stat in 3-6 turns or so.
Old September 14th, 2011 (11:04 AM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I think the levels are too low. I have a hard time training in the most recent area because even the Pokemon there are too low. I don't know if attack and HP are accurate, but my problem are the low levels.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old September 14th, 2011 (01:59 PM). Edited September 14th, 2011 by granturismo4ad.

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
I think the levels are too low. I have a hard time training in the most recent area because even the Pokemon there are too low. I don't know if attack and HP are accurate, but my problem are the low levels.
Seconded. While I did do some grinding (OK, quite a bit) to have all my pokes have the same amount of EXP (and level up at the same time), both my A team and my B team are over twice the levels of the wild pokes at the end of 0.603
Eeveeon: Lvl 91 :D
A-Team: Lvl 47
B-Team: Lvl 41
Wild pokes: Lvl 20

I could do some research to see how the wild poke spread is in the GBA/DS games, but the wild pokes in this game could use some level increase.
EDIT: All of the GBA games that I have increase by about four-five levels after each gym badge. So the pokes that are at the end of the demo should be in the level 25-30 range, and each route should be adjusted accordingly.

Signature? I don't need no *expletive deleted* signature.
Old September 14th, 2011 (03:51 PM).

L30 wildies sounds about right.

looks like ill need to rebalance the exp yeild too. I forgot to account for the fact that you'll now get the team switcher really early.
Old September 14th, 2011 (06:55 PM).
Solo Runner

Oh, wow. It worked!?

Better go PM the other guy who was having the problem. never expected that to fix the problem.

Tell me if you get any errors using that new RPG_RT. I haven't tested it with that.
No errors, the game ran pretty well. All the things I noticed are things that you have mentioned yourself, although there are quite a few grammatical and spelling errors.

Also, the same control problems would happen from time to time when I started up the game, but I could never cause them, nor could I figure out what was causing them. A good restart seemed to fix them every time, however.

Completed Challenges:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regular Solo Challenge:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 14th, 2011 (07:49 PM).
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Crystal Tier

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
The website and blog isn't there anymore.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old September 15th, 2011 (11:24 AM). Edited September 15th, 2011 by BCKC.
A nobody, just like you.

The website and the blog are fine...
Check the link in DarkDoom's sig.
(I believe the URL changed, though.)

The website and the blog are fine...
Check the link in DarkDoom's sig.
(I believe the URL changed, though.)
Old September 15th, 2011 (11:31 AM).
Brony Hacker

I should check for updates. The sites aren't dead right? (Also, accidental double-post.)
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Old September 16th, 2011 (02:01 PM). Edited July 17th, 2012 by Sprinklers.

I enjoyed this game a ton! I got to the end and still grinded Eevee to level 99 before I stopped.

I have no experience with the workings of RPGMaker, but I'd imagine that having to twist and bend the rules governing the FF-style battle system into a Pokemon-styled one must be a real pain. It's rather fun to see that this game not only didn't bother with that, but made the best of it to suit the rest of the game. The Eevee gimmick worked wonders for the enjoyment of this game, too. You played out the position of your creation being a fangame to its full potential.

A few problems I noticed with the game itself:

-Lots of typos. I'm sure this has to have been pointed out already.
-the berry master can sometimes take all your berries and leave you with no berry juice if you didn't have enough for one juice.
-Every time a Manman export is done, and I leave the pokecenter, I can't ride my bike.
-Rainbow Tower:
*Quite a few of the redeeming stands don't seem to work, such as the disc prizes or the manman upgrades. (buying a health bonus boosts both item and health bonus, buying every other bonus seemingly does nothing except waste your credits, same thing with disks)
*Every subsequent time you play Safari Zone, you start off with a few points, instead of 0. As you keep playing, this starting number can increase, and you get the credits at the end of every game.
*It's possible to have negative credits. I pulled up a mutant in the crane game for my first try, and then pulled up a beneficial item (I think it was fried chicken) on my second try, which resulted in me getting not the actual yield amount of its points, but something less that I specifically remember was the addition of the fried chicken's positive points, and the mutant's negative ones.
-In traveling, I always seem to find myself running out of PP and despite that have full HP for everyone on my team. The result is that most of my trips to the pokecenter are for PP only, or else I will have to face through the long, drawn out battle of struggling my way through every single enemy that can't do sufficient damage in return anyway. Maybe I don't watch my PP or something, but I've found it much easier just to get myself knocked down to Limit, and go from there. Bosses do require full attention, though.

Also, it might be a good idea to make the Eevee form change mechanic less of a pokemon change mechanic, since each eevee form will still hold its own status problems (and presumably its own stat changes too). Blinded Eevee switched to Vaporeon will be cured of its blindness, but get blinded again when it switches back. The same thing goes for permanent stat boosters, which don't boost the stat of eevee itself but just a form of it.
Old September 17th, 2011 (01:54 PM). Edited September 17th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.

^ wow, thanks :D

very good points, the problems should be fixed in the next version.
Quote:
Also, it might be a good idea to make the Eevee form change mechanic less of a pokemon change mechanic, since each eevee form will still hold its own status problems (and presumably its own stat changes too). Blinded Eevee switched to Vaporeon will be cured of its blindness, but get blinded again when it switches back. The same thing goes for permanent stat boosters, which don't boost the stat of eevee itself but just a form of it.
Good ideas. annnd... Done. Status changes get carried through eevee forms and stat increasing items will effect all forms of eevee.

--
Enemy Pokemon
I've decided to do a 1:1 stat calculation on enemy pokemon. Meaning, they will have the exact same stats as you if at same levels.
you can no go toe-to-toe with a pokemon of the same level and expect to get your ass kicked.
Their attack pattens are also a bit more comples (ie: using rage or leech life when low health)

Break and Limit

Before, you might have seen enemy pokemon do a "Recharge" move. they do that when they run out of PP to recover it.

Now, when an enemy pokemon runs out of PP, they will do "Break" It'll send them into break status, meaning for 3 turns, they cannot do an action, but they'll recover 25% PP each turn. This makes the enemies PP stat actually matter, pokemon with low PP will find themselves breaking more often, giving you quite an advantage.

Also, Corrupted Pokemon can now go "Limit" status (like your pokemon) when they reach 25% HP or less. It'll double their speed and regenerate their PP slowly.
---
The rebalance has also expanded a bit. For one; I've made a custom encoutner system. This allows me to change enconters and such. like....

Night Encounters

Enemy encounters change depending on time of day, at night you'll fight more night active pokemon (hoothoots, poochyenas, houndours, treeckos, etc)Night should also bring out higher leveled pokemon. to make it more natural Day/Night now is cyclic. every x(amount undetermined) steps, the time will change from day to night. (still only activates only after you've obtained the D/N system

Initiative

You can also get an advantage on wild battles. When a wild battle is about to start, the screen will flash, if you press the Confirm button fast enough, you'll stat a suprise battle- meaning your team will have a filled ATB bar, and the enemy will stall.
Also, if you enter a suprise battle; the chances of encountering a shiny double.
Bike
When using bike, encounter rates are increased. to balance out the bike. Can also work to your advantage if you're grinding.

Updated bait spots

Before, when you put a rare candy down, there was around 1/3 chance that the pokemon will appear when you re-enter the map the bait spot is on.
Now, the game random checks the bait spot every time you transition to another map (when the message at the top appears to tell you the location)
If you are in another map, and the chance is good- the pokemon appears, it will stay there until you battle, regardless of how far away you are.
As suggested by Alster26, the map now shows where you've planted bait, and whether theres a pokemon there. The chance of the bait being successful is reduced to accomidate that.

If you want to see all the changes so far check here.

The rebalance is currently up to route 2. will take a while to get all the places done.

I've also encountered an error. The game crashes when you enter a battle. not sure why. Im currently investigaing it, but rm2k3 errors are hard fix.
Weirdly, it doesn't effect a new game. So you will likely have to start a new game next version. :(

Also. What do you guys think about me increasing the amount EXP needed to level up eevee(all forms). It still seems to be leveling up too fast.
Old September 17th, 2011 (05:36 PM).

Long post followed by big update means another long post :D

Good ideas. annnd... Done. Status changes get carried through eevee forms and stat increasing items will effect all forms of eevee.
Will the EXP -> $$ hold item work for all forms of Eevee, or does it already?

Quote:
Enemy Pokemon
I've decided to do a 1:1 stat calculation on enemy pokemon. Meaning, they will have the exact same stats as you if at same levels.
you can no go toe-to-toe with a pokemon of the same level and expect to get your ass kicked.
Their attack pattens are also a bit more comples (ie: using rage or leech life when low health)
Does this include things like using stat changing moves at the beginning of battles and using the strongest move available?
It sounds like this might be a little bit of a challenge

Quote:

Break and Limit

Before, you might have seen enemy pokemon do a "Recharge" move. they do that when they run out of PP to recover it.

Now, when an enemy pokemon runs out of PP, they will do "Break" It'll send them into break status, meaning for 3 turns, they cannot do an action, but they'll recover 25% PP each turn. This makes the enemies PP stat actually matter, pokemon with low PP will find themselves breaking more often, giving you quite an advantage.

Also, Corrupted Pokemon can now go "Limit" status (like your pokemon) when they reach 25% HP or less. It'll double their speed and regenerate their PP slowly.
Corrupted Pokes can go 'Limit' but will Gym Leader's pokes and AI's be able to go 'Limit' as well?

Quote:
The rebalance has also expanded a bit. For one; I've made a custom encoutner system. This allows me to change enconters and such. like....

Night Encounters
Enemy encounters change depending on time of day, at night you'll fight more night active pokemon (hoothoots, poochyenas, houndours, treeckos, etc)Night should also bring out higher leveled pokemon. to make it more natural Day/Night now is cyclic. every x(amount undetermined) steps, the time will change from day to night. (still only activates only after you've obtained the D/N system
Just make sure that you specify in the Pokemon Location spreadsheet what time of day that pokemon is available at.
Will there be different pokemon available in the Old/New modes or did the Old/New option get tossed?

Quote:
Initiative
You can also get an advantage on wild battles. When a wild battle is about to start, the screen will flash, if you press the Confirm button fast enough, you'll stat a suprise battle- meaning your team will have a filled ATB bar, and the enemy will stall.
Also, if you enter a suprise battle; the chances of encountering a shiny double.
The flashing screen will replace the 1 in X chance of a surprise battle? Sounds good, especially since I like me some shiny pokes.

Quote:
Bike
When using bike, encounter rates are increased. to balance out the bike. Can also work to your advantage if you're grinding.

Updated bait spots

Before, when you put a rare candy down, there was around 1/3 chance that the pokemon will appear when you re-enter the map the bait spot is on.
Now, the game random checks the bait spot every time you transition to another map (when the message at the top appears to tell you the location)
If you are in another map, and the chance is good- the pokemon appears, it will stay there until you battle, regardless of how far away you are.
As suggested by Alster26, the map now shows where you've planted bait, and whether theres a pokemon there. The chance of the bait being successful is reduced to accomidate that.
How will the map show planted bait?

Quote:
I've also encountered an error. The game crashes when you enter a battle. not sure why. Im currently investigaing it, but rm2k3 errors are hard fix.
Weirdly, it doesn't effect a new game. So you will likely have to start a new game next version.
Since you completely revamped the battle system, base stats, and the wild encounter system, I'd be amazed if I didn't have to restart for 0.7

Quote:
Also. What do you guys think about me increasing the amount EXP needed to level up eevee(all forms). It still seems to be leveling up too fast.
I think that it makes sense in terms of the plot that your Eevee (and it's forms) would be the strongest poke on your party. Especially since it's a permanent member of your party.
Don't forget that there is an EXP -> $$ hold item for Eevee if it doesn't need to level up.

Old September 18th, 2011 (01:25 AM). Edited September 18th, 2011 by DarkDoom3000.

answers in bold ;)
Quote originally posted by granturismo4ad:
Long post followed by big update means another long post :D

Will the EXP -> $$ hold item work for all forms of Eevee, or does it already?
Already works for all forms

Does this include things like using stat changing moves at the beginning of battles and using the strongest move available?
It sounds like this might be a little bit of a challenge :)
Low leveled pokemon won't have much of a stragety, but higher levels can do tatics like that.

Corrupted Pokes can go 'Limit' but will Gym Leader's pokes and AI's be able to go 'Limit' as well?
Probably not gym leader pokemons.
AIs might, but they already get huge stat boosts when they switch forms as it is.
Pokemon in the upcomming Battle Zone will often make use of clever strageties.

Just make sure that you specify in the Pokemon Location spreadsheet what time of day that pokemon is available at.
will do.
Will there be different pokemon available in the Old/New modes or did the Old/New option get tossed?

Not sure about different pokemon in new/old yet. I probably won't unless I run out of places to put pokemon in (unlikely).

The flashing screen will replace the 1 in X chance of a surprise battle? Sounds good, especially since I like me some shiny pokes.
Yeah, thats exactly what it does actually :).
It's nice, because the whole team will start with full ATB bars, you can wipe out enemies within a few seconds if you're strong enough.

How will the map show planted bait?
Just a small pink icon, like the bait when it's placed on a bait spot. It'll turn into a pokeball icon when theres a corrupted pokemon on it.

I think that it makes sense in terms of the plot that your Eevee (and it's forms) would be the strongest poke on your party. Especially since it's a permanent member of your party.
Don't forget that there is an EXP -> $$ hold item for Eevee if it doesn't need to level up.
I might not need to worry about Eevee's EXP because...
I found a glitch. Apperently, Eevee gains a bunch of EXP in battle when forms are switched. totally due to really poor programming on my part (i must've been half asleep when i did that)
Old September 18th, 2011 (10:20 AM).

This is an awesome game, but... what's a "remove"? I just received a "remove" from the Man-Man 2000.
Old September 18th, 2011 (12:34 PM).

Quote originally posted by zyborg:
This is an awesome game, but... what's a "remove"? I just received a "remove" from the Man-Man 2000.
It's a hold item that will boost defense by twenty points. I'm not sure why it's called remove, but it's one of the best junk items in the game (so far).

Speaking of which,
@DarkDoom: what's the refining system look like for 0.7? I vaguely remember you saying something about editing/improving it, but I didn't see it in that long post of yours. I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come out until 0.8 or a later demo, but I am curious.

Old September 19th, 2011 (11:03 AM).
Brony Hacker

Didn't "remove" have a description of "gold plated armor" or am I thinking of a different item? Maybe it's unfinished or something. Is it meant to be there?

Old September 19th, 2011 (02:57 PM). Edited September 19th, 2011 by granturismo4ad.

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
Didn't "remove" have a description of "gold plated armor" or am I thinking of a different item? Maybe it's unfinished or something. Is it meant to be there?
Yes, the description for it is "Golden armor", which leads me to believe that it's supposed to be there, just with a different name than 'remove'. The only way to get it in 0.6 (I believe) is through the Man-Man.

Old September 20th, 2011 (09:56 PM).

Quote originally posted by zyborg:
It was once a normal item, but either became redundant, got replaced or moved. i named it remove; incase someone manages to somehow obtain it, which you have. must make sure manamn doesn't give it out again.

Quote originally posted by granturismo4ad:
Speaking of which,
@DarkDoom: what's the refining system look like for 0.7? I vaguely remember you saying something about editing/improving it, but I didn't see it in that long post of yours. I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come out until 0.8 or a later demo, but I am curious.
Ah yeah.

Revamped refining system.

Basically, im ditching the grid based system. Refining will now be presented in a skill tree like system. Though it functions basically the same, It's much easier to understand. ie: heres the main grass tree.

Pokemon drop various levels of junk depending on their evolution level, and you can refine that into multiple items. The same template will be used for most of the types.
the ratios aren't finalised yet- I might lower them for the beta so people can refine easilier.
Old September 24th, 2011 (09:44 PM).
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Refining might be easier now. With a flow chart for us to follow we can make things while knowing where it will take us
Old October 4th, 2011 (04:48 PM).

I haven't been too active as It's nearing the end of the simester, so I've got lots of work. (5 assignments, 3 tests in the next two weeks) But I have been slowly working on 0.7.

Like I've said its been greatly expanded from a normal content update to a refreshening of the game.

Because I changed a lot of stuff (Item indexes, wild encounter system, enemy balance) every point in the game where you vs an enemy, or get an item is now glitched up (ie: every time you're meant to get a potion you get a tetra elemental) So, i have to systematically go through the game and fix everything. to kill 2 birds with one stone; Im also documenting everything in a new walkthrough.

Anyways, tl;dr- lots of work. but plenty of payoff.

The rebalance feels great. Actually feels a bit hard at first, lv3 caterpies can kill lv5 jolteon in 5 turns or so. Actually had to give the player lots of potions at the start.

Now some new features that I've made over the last week:

Updated Limit System.

I loved FF8, one of the awesome things was it's limitbreak system, when low on HP, you could use a limitbreak- a powerful attack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1C9WTuNPPE
It was a really cool feature and made training less of a grind, Since you could defeat enemies quickly if you got them before they got you.

So now SPEE is gonna have limitbreaks too. basically, when you're in limit status, your speed is already doubled, but you have a chance that Struggle will be replaced with Limitbreak. the chance increases the lower your HP is (1/4 chance at 25% hp)
A limitbreak costs no PP, But deals, around 500 damage.

Currently all pokemon have the same limitbreak (based on FF8 one, even the sound effects are ripped from it) but I want to have 1 limit per type. or somehting like that.

Battle Music Changer

This feature sorta already existed, but most people didn't know how to work it.
Theres a radio in the main charcter's room, now when you click on it, you can change battle music. It'll have it's own proper menu and it will be much easier to navigate.
I have battle music from FF1-8, and some classic pokemon battle music too.
Now, you can set a main theme and an alt theme.
You can also select the play mode.
Normal- It will play the main theme in battle, but the alt theme if you mange to get a suprise battle.
AlternatingThe battle music will alternate between main and alt. So you get into one fight, you'll have the main music, then in your next battle you'll get the alt music.
ShuffleThis will just randomly select music each time you get into battle.

Really great if you find yourself getting bored of the Man with Machine gun default battle music. Or if you want to hear the other themes more (XDR's battle music: J-E-N-O-V-A AC remix is awesome)

Trainer ID Number
I've been learining about encryption at uni, and put some of skills to use, Trainer ID will now display a Trainer ID number; yeah. big woop.
Except now, at the rainbow tower, you'll be able to enter in someone elses trainer ID to get free items. The more closely accoiated the trainer ID, the rarer the item(ie: the closer the numbers are.)

I wouldn't try guessing either, theres 10,000,000 combinations, but only 50,000 valid trainer IDs. thats a 0.5% (ie: 1 in 200) chance of the fake ID being valid.

Optimisation
The game now also uses 20mb less ram, removed all unused heroes. Should make the game run smoother. (now "only" 120mb of ram used. Rm2k3 must be very bad at memory management)

The script's also getting a tune-up. making it tighter, the main character being more talkative, Oak being a bit more crazy, and the rival...being more rivaler.
Old October 4th, 2011 (11:23 PM).
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Oak always struck me as an insane old man. Nice new updates and does that mean we are going to be sharing our trainer id's with each other.

Sponsored Links