The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 574 69.41%
Alright! 129 15.60%
Average 58 7.01%
Awful.. 16 1.93%
Abomination.... 50 6.05%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Jared
Some Cool Kid

Hmm... I think waypoints are a little bit "dumbed down" if you get what I mean. I think a quest log or some menu to tell you where you have to go, but to just give you arrows takes out the exploration and adventure to the game.

Signature Shop? I got one of those.
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:51 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
You can call Oak for directions too.

But I do get what you mean, and it does make the game dummed down,
at the same time;

I want the game to be as accessible as possible.

for some people, it might take some time for the game to click with them, so i've gotta make sure they get to that point. Happens to me a lot. I play a game, get lost. then just give up.
Also, the waypoints only exist for the main story. they won't show up for sidequests or anything.

It is completely optional; and i may even induce some sort of penalty for using it.

---------

Link to update- incase people missed it, since we're on a new page.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 17th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Jared
Some Cool Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
It is completely optional; and i may even induce some sort of penalty for using it.
I think that's a good idea, maybe less experience from pokemon or something, or less money.

Old January 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
sHiNyMoltres@Rayquaza*inverted*EvE's Avatar
sHiNyMoltres@Rayquaza*inverted*EvE
lost pokemon

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Yep, you can switch between forms, thats the main gimmic of the game. You can even do it in the middle of battle
awsome! XD i cant wait to play this now when i get home ^o^
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:50 AM
ChainedTeapot
Let's Player

The update looks good and a lot of thsoe features seem pretty helpful.

I'm not sure if you can but on the bait spot part can you make it so if you can checked the bait spot but haven't placed a rare candy down it will also appear on the map? As when I was playing I know I missed a fair few bait spots as I didn't have any rare candies at the time.

And a somewhat related question, in the latest demo are there enough rare candies for all the bait spots?

Youtube Channel
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

Quote:
You can call Oak for directions too.

But I do get what you mean, and it does make the game dummed down,
at the same time;

I want the game to be as accessible as possible.

for some people, it might take some time for the game to click with them, so i've gotta make sure they get to that point. Happens to me a lot. I play a game, get lost. then just give up.
Also, the waypoints only exist for the main story. they won't show up for sidequests or anything.
Oh man, I'm glad there's somebody else that thinks this way! I think people forget sometimes that the player isn't the enemy, haha. I like to imagine that someone is going to be playing my game that's maybe quit after Pokemon Red, even though that probably won't be the case. But it helps when designing things!

Gotta say though, I love absolutely everything you're doing here as usual. I absolutely adore that region map, haha.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:36 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't played this game much so I can't say for sure but demo 6 has been out for a while now and in case people haven't had problems playing through it, I don't think having waypoints is such a good idea (although you could "punish" the player for using it). I can't really say more about this, I just don't like it...

Destination marker is a good thing though, clearly avoids you from "getting stuck" in the middle of the game.

Anyway, keep it up !
I'll likely be starting the game again when you get the next demo up (or wait till the final version, dunno...) :D

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:02 AM
granturismo4ad
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Anyways, I've been working on some back-end stuff.

I've realised a problem with the game. Leveling.

Since eevee is always in your team, it is usually the highest leveled. Thats all fine and dandy, but problems occur when you use other pokemon for the rest of the team.

I''ve been thinking of how to fix this.
I had the limiting band in prior versions, as a semi-fix. It would stop eevee from gaining EXP in return for extra money.

But the problem still existed where if you had a team of Lv40s, and added a lv10 pokemon to your team; it wouldn't be able to "catch-up" to the level 40s.

So basically, im revamping the limiting band.

Now. Instead of taking only Eevee's exp, it will remove your whole team's EXP. And give it to the lowest leveled team member. so that team member would get 4x the exp in every battle. (assuming you have 4 pokemon in your team)

It seems to be the best way to do it. i've looked at other solutions, but they all could be easy exploited. This system has nice automatic limitations.
1: Can't over-level a pokemon. since it'll always give it to the pokemon with the lowest exp.
2: Reserve team pokemon also don't gain any exp. So reserve team can't suddenly become much stornger than eevee.

One dilema is whether to cap off the EXP gain at 4x. Because right now, it doesn't take into account how much reserve pokemon you have. Because 7x exp seems a little too much exp for one pokemon.
The original dilemma isn't that bad. Just take note of the amount of EXP that your main party members have (the ones you want to raise the new party member to), swap them for other pokes for a full party, and raise the new party member's EXP to that amount. Then switch back your main party members to have an even-leveled team.

Main point: Would it be possible to have both versions of the limiting band in the game?

Idea:
Leave the old version in as the 'limiting band', equipable only to Eeveelutions.
Add the new version in as 'EXP Magnet' or something like that. Use it as a hotkey item instead of an equip item, can't be used in battle. Switch it on to give 4x EXP to the lowest poke, turn it off for normal EXP distribution.

Signature? I don't need no *expletive deleted* signature.

Last edited by granturismo4ad; January 20th, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Formatting
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I think that's a good idea, maybe less experience from pokemon or something, or less money.
less money seems like the most balanced way. less exp seems overly harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHiNyMoltres@Rayquaza*inverted*EvE View Post
awsome! XD i cant wait to play this now when i get home ^o^
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainedTeapot View Post
The update looks good and a lot of thsoe features seem pretty helpful.

I'm not sure if you can but on the bait spot part can you make it so if you can checked the bait spot but haven't placed a rare candy down it will also appear on the map? As when I was playing I know I missed a fair few bait spots as I didn't have any rare candies at the time.

And a somewhat related question, in the latest demo are there enough rare candies for all the bait spots?
Thats a good idea; im gonna go add that in.

Theres gonna be technically unlimited quantities of rare candies; as you will be able to refine berries into rare candies. also on the rare occasion- you'll get a rare candy straight from the tree.

But there will make sure there's enough via item pickups.

I'll also be adding an optional item which tells you which pokemon a bait spot attracts; so you can pick and choose which spots you'd prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Oh man, I'm glad there's somebody else that thinks this way! I think people forget sometimes that the player isn't the enemy, haha. I like to imagine that someone is going to be playing my game that's maybe quit after Pokemon Red, even though that probably won't be the case. But it helps when designing things!

Gotta say though, I love absolutely everything you're doing here as usual. I absolutely adore that region map, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
I haven't played this game much so I can't say for sure but demo 6 has been out for a while now and in case people haven't had problems playing through it, I don't think having waypoints is such a good idea (although you could "punish" the player for using it). I can't really say more about this, I just don't like it...

Destination marker is a good thing though, clearly avoids you from "getting stuck" in the middle of the game.

Anyway, keep it up !
I'll likely be starting the game again when you get the next demo up (or wait till the final version, dunno...) :D
You would be suprised. I've seen some Let's Plays where some people get lots in the most trivial ways.

The only reason theres usually not much discussed about it is because if people usually get lost, they tend to loose interest in the game and don't bother asking in the thread where to go.

I just want to make it easier for people who haven't ever played a pokemon game. (or even a game in general?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by granturismo4ad View Post
The original dilemma isn't that bad. Just take note of the amount of EXP that your main party members have (the ones you want to raise the new party member to), swap them for other pokes for a full party, and raise the new party member's EXP to that amount. Then switch back your main party members to have an even-leveled team.

Main point: Would it be possible to have both versions of the limiting band in the game?

Idea:
Leave the old version in as the 'limiting band', equipable only to Eeveelutions.
Add the new version in as 'EXP Magnet' or something like that. Use it as a hotkey item instead of an equip item, can't be used in battle. Switch it on to give 4x EXP to the lowest poke, turn it off for normal EXP distribution.
gooood point. the Limiting Band will stay; EXP stabiliser will exist as a sperate item.

Ill outline the situation in which i thought the EXP stabiliser was needed.

if you had eeveeon, typlosion, pupitar and you added in a mareep to your team; then swapped out typlosion and pupitar, while giving eeveeon a limiting band.

Then after training for ages; you finally reach the same level. Ad swap out the training pokemon back for typlosion and pupitar; I feel like you're sorta wasting EXP on the training pokemon. Not to mention; it's a lot of work for just to add a new pokemon to your team. which means people tend to stick to pokemon they caught around the start of the game.

So the EXP stabiliser just takes the EXP the training pokemon (and eevee) would get and gives it to the new pokemon. Making it easy for new pokemon to catch up.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:13 AM
ChainedTeapot
Let's Player

I completely forgot about being able to make new items, seeing as it's something I keep saying I will do later and pretty sure I've never seen rare candies on trees then after reading your post I have found two so far.

On an other note is there a route 9? The maps says it should be between route 10 and Imbibo lake but upon going there I just go from route 10 straight to the lake. Mainly wanting to know as from the Pokemon location list you've made, it says Snubbull should be there and it's the only location I have left to find for corrupted Pokémon.

Youtube Channel

Last edited by ChainedTeapot; January 22nd, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
TheLegendDragoon
Beginning Trainer

Hello DarkDoom3000,
I love your Game Pokemon Super Eevee . By the way, my english is not the best, so you can sometimes dont understand me very well.
I have an Question to you. I would translate the Game in the Language German.
I think if the game had more language then one the game get more fame.
Have you any interest for that?

Last edited by TheLegendDragoon; January 22nd, 2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 24th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Guardian Eevee X
Legendary Figure

Nature: Bashful
It's has been awhile, Ive been reading all these blogs to date, lots of exciting stuff coming in Demo 7. Can't wait to try it all out and see the new system in action. May have to try a new game just to see everything. And to see most of the bugs have been pinned down. Hoping that it will be completed soon.

Catch you later,
G.E.X
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Shoir
Beginning Trainer

Hey man your game is awesome, good luck with what is left.

Half the money would be good in exchange for the arrow thingies.

Idea: Plus the EXP stabilizer, there should be an item like the lucky egg but with a recoil effect, like having less attack or something like that.

Also, can someone give me the download link? My antivirus security blocks the entrance to it and to the official page. D=
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
DarkDoom3000

Progress is going good.

Sidequests

I've been standardising the sidequests. Adding a few more here and there. I want there to always be something to do in each city you visit. current goal is to have ~50 sidequests in total.

I've got 4 completely done(lol) with another 4 half done.

Collectables

They'll take the form of intel/Info-logs.
when you find one, you can read it. and all intel you find will be saved in a library for later reading.

There'll be different logs:
-Oak Logs: detailing random stuff about oak's life. from blowing up his old lap, to finding eevee.
-M Datalog: M's diary. dives deeper into the mythos of the game.
-Patents: Random patents disclosing how various items were made. including pokeballs,

Ill probably have 1 intel piece per location. for ease.
Some will be in plain view, otheres hidden.

AI Drops

On another note: a minor change: AI's won't give items anymore (with the exception of Lionheart)
NewGame+ will be obtained at the end of the demoes. (previously from necro) and so will the generation swapper.
Both items will be removed once the save file is transfered to the next version (v8) in which case, you'll recive the item when you complete it. After facing an AI, you will still get an eevee form. so there's that.

Team Swapper

some changes to the Team Swapper: you will now NOT be able to double up on pokemon (previously, you could have a pokemon on team A and B) it caused some issues with extra EXP allocation. so thats removed.

It will get introduced much earlier now (previously at the end of the v6). I've been thinking that Crystal will give it to you. BUT only once you've obtained 7 pokemon (so it creates a perfect 7 pokemon team) or maybe 5 pokemon... Im not sure.
So the first time you talk to crystal, she'll mention she has an item for you, but will only give it to you once you get 5/7 pokemon. so people know about it beforehand.

For the lazy, you are forced to get atleast 7 pokemon anyway. So you will obtain it eventually.
-Eevee, Johto Starter, Zubat, Spinarak, Natu, Aron, Vulpix

REPLIES--------
Quote:
I completely forgot about being able to make new items, seeing as it's something I keep saying I will do later and pretty sure I've never seen rare candies on trees then after reading your post I have found two so far.

On an other note is there a route 9? The maps says it should be between route 10 and Imbibo lake but upon going there I just go from route 10 straight to the lake. Mainly wanting to know as from the Pokemon location list you've made, it says Snubbull should be there and it's the only location I have left to find for corrupted Pokémon.
lol. you just probably didn't notice. I know i never really bother reading what berry i obtain.
Ah, route 9 and 10 were flipped around in earlier iterations. Route 10 should be route just north of the lake, and route 9 the route to the east of route 10.
Snubull is inside the house you find on route 10. the house is locked, and there are 3 keys. 1 is in route 10, 1 in route 9 and one in imbibo lake. (to the north-west)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendDragoon View Post
Hello DarkDoom3000,
I love your Game Pokemon Super Eevee . By the way, my english is not the best, so you can sometimes dont understand me very well.
I have an Question to you. I would translate the Game in the Language German.
I think if the game had more language then one the game get more fame.
Have you any interest for that?
Other languages would definetly be something i would be interested in. Not right now, as im still working on it. but once it's done, i might look into translating it if there's enough people who want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Eevee X View Post
It's has been awhile, Ive been reading all these blogs to date, lots of exciting stuff coming in Demo 7. Can't wait to try it all out and see the new system in action. May have to try a new game just to see everything. And to see most of the bugs have been pinned down. Hoping that it will be completed soon.

Catch you later,
G.E.X
hah, thanks. actually, you would have to do a new game as old saves arent compatible (basically, i changed the hero count, to optimise the game, leading older save files incompatible. also with the sheer amount of changes, it just isn't feesible to incorparate old saves.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoir View Post
Hey man your game is awesome, good luck with what is left.

Half the money would be good in exchange for the arrow thingies.

Idea: Plus the EXP stabilizer, there should be an item like the lucky egg but with a recoil effect, like having less attack or something like that.

Also, can someone give me the download link? My antivirus security blocks the entrance to it and to the official page. D=

The lowering of money isn't totally in right now, i probably won't have it til next version(v8).
Lucky Egg isn't needed right now, as there is no recoil in the game
anyway. but i will probably use it for something else.

here you go: download links.
Version 0.6
Patch 0.603

the patch fixes an error that stops you from progressing. you don't really need it until you reach SILPH. CO.
so just keep that in mind.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; January 25th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:43 AM
ChainedTeapot
Let's Player

I think I kept ignoring it saying "route 9" and looked around all of route 10 to see if 9 was hidden some where, mainly from my following the map. Something I should of noticed but oh well. Would of helped if I looked in the house, I was going to look in it later to see what was in it, as I wasn't expecting to be able to obtain a corrupted Pokémon within.

Finally got all the corrupted Pokémon, at least I think I have, until the next release anyway.

Game progress is sounding good, the collectables sound good for just general extra backstory and information. Side quests are always a nice thing to do for a little break from the main story. Looking forward to the next release (:

Youtube Channel
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hanachu
Previously Hannahhacker

Nature: Docile
This game...is pretty much just unspeakably awesome.
Chuu~

Also, a screenshot I took that may interest you <3 I like shiny pretty pokemon-nyah <3

http://i43.tinypic.com/3135ekz.jpg

Last edited by Hanachu; February 3rd, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Dying Light
Assassin

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanachu View Post
Chuu~

Also, a screenshot I took that may interest you <3 I like shiny pretty pokemon-nyah <3

Nice find! I loves me some Shinies as well. They are awesome! I definitely agree with your thought on this game too. Where did you find it? Oh, I wonder if he changed the Shiny Pokemon probability...

Old February 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Chuu~

Cool, a Shiny. I haven't run into a shiny pokemon yet.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM
shadowtych
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I think I kept ignoring it saying "route 9" and looked around all of route 10 to see if 9 was hidden some where, mainly from my following the map. Something I should of noticed but oh well. Would of helped if I looked in the house, I was going to look in it later to see what was in it, as I wasn't expecting to be able to obtain a corrupted Pokémon within.

Finally got all the corrupted Pokémon, at least I think I have, until the next release anyway.

Game progress is sounding good, the collectables sound good for just general extra backstory and information. Side quests are always a nice thing to do for a little break from the main story. Looking forward to the next release (:
In case the quick reply didn't work the snubble is in the locked door where you find jasmine trying to help a baby spoink

Last edited by shadowtych; February 4th, 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Twinkle-Chamst
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
DarkDoom3000, Can I use your SPEE userbar as a supporter?
because this game is so good! Great job :D
(I just caught my corrupted chikorita, yesss)

I have to say that this is the first time I've been hooked this much on a fangame :0...
I can't wait for the full release~

-I SUPPORT-

Old February 7th, 2012, 12:49 PM
DarkDoom3000

It's nice to see replies, keeps me motivated. which inturn, speeds up progress. Anyways, I've moved on to reeventing all the storyline events.

should take a bit of time to complete, but once done: I'll be nearing the finishing line.

--
Quote:

Technically the snubull wasn't actually corrupted, so you were right not to expect corrupted pokemon in the house

I always like it when games put in extras, collectables and sidequests are always good. Plus in SPEE, doing sidequests and stuff = trophies = more EXP and money from trainers, so it all comes back around.

Quote:
Chuu~

Hah, nice job :D. I remember in one of my beta playthroughs, I had a shiny pokemon appear before I got the pokedex, meaning I couldn't scan it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
Nice find! I loves me some Shinies as well. They are awesome! I definitely agree with your thought on this game too. Where did you find it? Oh, I wonder if he changed the Shiny Pokemon probability...
In the new demo, a normal encounter will give a 1/512 chance, while a pre-emptive battle will give you a 1/256 chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
Cool, a Shiny. I haven't run into a shiny pokemon yet.
don't worry, I've only encountered 2-3 in my multiple playthroughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle-Chamst View Post
DarkDoom3000, Can I use your SPEE userbar as a supporter?
because this game is so good! Great job
(I just caught my corrupted chikorita, yesss)

I have to say that this is the first time I've been hooked this much on a fangame :0...
I can't wait for the full release~
Yeah, sure, the usebar is for anyone to use.

I can't wait for the full release either.
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Jared
Some Cool Kid

Still waiting very patiently on V7, any ETA?

Old February 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
wilso
Grass Master

Nature: Hardy
its better not to make a date for it to be out because wat if somthing goes wrong and people get mad... plus i love suprises
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:04 AM
DarkDoom3000

Release is still far off. When I announce it, it will be a solid release date. It will either come out that date, or before.

If i recall correctly, the original release was meant to be last december :lol.
But then I had to go and totally revent a lot of systems.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; February 9th, 2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
When I clicked the download button for v.6, my antivirus program warned me about a trojan. Did you know about that?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links