The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 588 69.75%
Alright! 131 15.54%
Average 58 6.88%
Awful.. 16 1.90%
Abomination.... 50 5.93%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:03 AM
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
the phone thing has already been said if you read up a bit

And that must suck i haven't experienced that yet
Sorry, I had skimmed through to check but obviously missed it.

It only seems to happen with weedles. Others are fine. I have a level 12 Eevee and level 9 pidgey, zubat and cyndaquil and I lose against 2 level 4 weedle

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Old March 19th, 2012, 03:54 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
Sorry, I had skimmed through to check but obviously missed it.

It only seems to happen with weedles. Others are fine. I have a level 12 Eevee and level 9 pidgey, zubat and cyndaquil and I lose against 2 level 4 weedle
Yeah, my bad. accidently assigned limitbreak instead of tackle for Lv4 weedles >(

they will spam limitbreaks as often as normal pokemon spam tackles.

my advice: since you only need to get through the forest once, just constantly save and Constantly use escape.reload if you die. (F12 makes game go back to title screen)

You could also abuse the Suprise Battle feature.
if you don't know about it= when a battle is about to start the screen flashes white. If you press the confirm button before a second flash occurs you'll start a suprise battle. in a suprise battle your team will have their ATB bars full and ready for action. so you can quickly kill or run.
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:24 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

well that explains why the weedles were using it then.

As my team was drastically over leveled (level 20 average) trying to get a shiney I never really noticed.

I think that random enemies like that make the game considerably harder.

I've done two playthroughs and haven't noticed any else that hasn't already been said so I think you did a great job with the Version a demo, looking forward to starting b.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
er...
my anti-virus is blocking your website...
so may I ask for a mirror download link pls?
thank you~!
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
er...
my anti-virus is blocking your website...
so may I ask for a mirror download link pls?
thank you~!
here ya go.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qe3e0to9eh6km0m
Old March 19th, 2012, 04:08 PM
ReTrak
Beginning Trainer

I made an account just to ask this question.

Every time I launch the game, it crashes and my computer gets stuck into an infinite loop of "Not Implemented" errors.

Any fix?
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:54 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTrak View Post
I made an account just to ask this question.

Every time I launch the game, it crashes and my computer gets stuck into an infinite loop of "Not Implemented" errors.

Any fix?
Hmm... not sure.
Try download this
http://www.mediafire.com/?2fxi353ishdzj36

and put it in the SPEE folder (overwrite the previous exe file)
get back to me if it fixes it.
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:36 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Thanks for the mirror link.
But I had something to report.

The very first time you are teleported to the glitchy 3rd generation area, there's a pokeball there, that when you talk to it, it warps you to somewhere which is impossible to escape (I think)...

Also, I have a suggestion.
During saving, may you add a question asking us if we're sure to overwrite the existing data?
I played yesterday, and my brother as well, but he accidentally saved his file over my saved slot... =/

Anyway, thanks for the awesome game~!
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Flame-Typhlosion
Champion

Nature: Impish
I'm really enjoying the game right now,even though i have only 1 badge xD,but i have a question.I was looking for brevis town,the place before arbor,i was going to the next route and suddenly the arrows that guide you around appeared. I wanted to know,how do you turn it off? And maybe do you know what caused it?

Old March 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
DarkDoom3000

Hey, if you've finished the demo, can ya tell me what levels you were at, and whether you did any extra training. Just need to get average levels so i can balance chapter 3 accordingly.

--
I had been brainstorming about a spinoff/prequel of sorts.
would be named either "The First Generation" or "Super Pokemon Red Edition"
Since it would take place in the first generation and you would play as red.
If i were to ever make it it would be short, maybe 1-3 hours long game with its own standalone story.

--

Quote:
Thanks for the mirror link.
But I had something to report.

The very first time you are teleported to the glitchy 3rd generation area, there's a pokeball there, that when you talk to it, it warps you to somewhere which is impossible to escape (I think)...

Also, I have a suggestion.
During saving, may you add a question asking us if we're sure to overwrite the existing data?
I played yesterday, and my brother as well, but he accidentally saved his file over my saved slot... =/

Anyway, thanks for the awesome game~!
Thanks, yeah, someone before reported the pokeball glitch, it makes you stuck and you're basically screwed unless you load game.

I would add an overwrite message, but rm2k3 doen't let you customise the save screen at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame-Typhlosion View Post
I'm really enjoying the game right now,even though i have only 1 badge xD,but i have a question.I was looking for brevis town,the place before arbor,i was going to the next route and suddenly the arrows that guide you around appeared. I wanted to know,how do you turn it off? And maybe do you know what caused it?
Im guessing you pressed 9 to activate waypoints. You can turn it off by pressing 9 (or using the "nav unit" item). It's like a visual walkthrough. will tell you where to go. useful if you got lost of something.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; March 20th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old March 21st, 2012, 02:29 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

~20, a fair bit of grinding, I wanted Ice Fang on Croconaw before I went to fight LionHeart, I also started practising surprise battles at the same time and tried to get everything I could.
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:18 AM
Omidas
Beginning Trainer

Hello there, i just made this account to list off a few bugs and thank you for the awesome game.

the bugs iv had some trouble with are:

When i tracked down the corrupted abra i ended up fighting a team of unknown instead.

The nav unit item isnt turning off the way points but the hotkey works fine.

Iv had a couple crashes while starting trainer battles. i believe it might be because im spamming enter to get through the text and the game miight be trying to initiate a suprise battle.

For some reason corrupted pokemon are no longer evolving mid battle but others, like the flower eating beedrill, are.

I cant wait to play the full demo 7. Im just working of the demos demo but so far it seems a bit more well rounded than 6 was.
Old March 21st, 2012, 01:45 PM
Flame-Typhlosion
Champion

Nature: Impish
just thought i'd report something i found

In arbor town,when you go into the house with the professors,Oak calls professor cid a man. Example: Oak: You might have met HIM already. HE'S the professor of Aurum town

And elm has oak's icon after that sentence

Also,in that same conversation,professor cid's name is replaced with buckeye,from the earlier versions.

Old March 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

I was about to ask why the new version was too short, but then I saw this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omidas View Post
I cant wait to play the full demo 7.
And now I know.

I can't wait to play the full version as well.

Also, to answer your question, my four main POKéMON (at the end of the demo) were around 17 to 20.
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Nature: Quiet
Can i use my save data from demo 6 i dont want to start over?

Old March 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

my team got to 24 at the end of the demo, they are about 26 now though. No extra training besides what my team has gone through trying to get a shiny to appear (still have failed). Though this did contribute to a considerable amount of the xp.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
DarkDoom3000

thanks guys, late teens/early 20s seem like the level to balance the next parts to. will probably do 5 levels per gym or something.

------
Screenshot
------

Made a new route. it's west of amplus city.
pokemon league is >>>> that way

----
Replies
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewlover22 View Post
Can i use my save data from demo 6 i dont want to start over?
Sorry, you can't the amount of changes (regarding the databasing) makes the save game incompatible. pokemon and items would be screwed up, plus, the optimisation (cut hero count) means it throws an error when trying to load save files from v6 or before.

Quote:
I was about to ask why the new version was too short, but then I saw this...

And now I know.

I can't wait to play the full version as well.

Also, to answer your question, my four main POKéMON (at the end of the demo) were around 17 to 20.
yeah, due to the long development period of v7 (which in turn was because of all the revamping), i decided to split it up v7 into 3 parts. So technically, v7 will actually end where v6 ended, but with new features, and differenring plot progression than v6. (7b especially, will have some new storyline stuff)

Heres the general outline of upcomming versions, and where they would end.
Quote:
v7a - XxLionheartxX (chapters 1+2)
v7b - Vanish_23 (chapters 3+4)
v7c - Geosigma (chapters 5+6+7)

v8 - Necro (chapter 8)
v9 - Pokemon League (chapter 9)
v10 - XDR (chapter 10)
---

----
Other Stuff
----

Also, SPEE is in the running for the spotlight of the month!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=276315

Get voting (but, if you like one of the other games better, vote for them!)

----
----

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; March 22nd, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:49 AM
Guardian Eevee X
Legendary Figure

Nature: Bashful
*squeals inside but resumes his male pride* Ive been looking forward to the demo 0.7. Ill see if I run into any bugs.

Well I must say Im impressed with the new revamp, can't say what's already said but Ill say it anyway, I concur with the Abra corrupt. Plus when I went to Mt. Sitor to take care of the corrupt Graveler. I accedently wondered into the lake path and when I tried to come back to the main path I saw a woman stuck in a tree. When I went to inspect this odd occurrence I simply froze in place. And can't move, I have a screenshot if you want to see it. Plus I don't know if it was me or the game when I went into the first gym and the advisor at the start blinked as he walked toward me. Dunno if it was me or it.

But all in all. I do look forward to playing the full version of the game, or another demo-in-a-demo when the newer one comes out.

Later~
G.E.X

Last edited by Guardian Eevee X; March 22nd, 2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Eevee X View Post
Plus when I went to Mt. Sitor to take care of the corrupt Graveler. I accedently wondered into the lake path and when I tried to come back to the main path I saw a woman stuck in a tree. When I went to inspect this odd occurrence I simply froze in place. And can't move, I have a screenshot if you want to see it.
I posted this one already, this happens as the character doesn't have to walk, if you are closer to the lake, so she has to walk off of the tree there is no error message and you fight her just like you should be able to

Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:57 AM
Ulamking
Beginning Trainer

I've encountered a bug with Oak's "Flux Capacitor" quest.

He keeps repeating the quest, asking me to get the capacitor from Marts. I already have 4 capacitors in inventory.

I'm in Ventus, with Totodile, Caterpie, and Pidgey.

Keep up the good work, by the way.
Old March 24th, 2012, 06:55 AM
granturismo4ad
Beginning Trainer

+1 on the above bug. Not sure if it needs to be completed at a specific time, but when I tried the Flux Capacitor quest, it would not proceed. Also, the Pineco bait spot is bugged (Pineco never appears). Already been reported, although the Mareep bait spot worked fine for me.

Another bug appeared after I got the Fire Tetra Element. Pokemarts began to sell two or three blank items that would not have a name, and a Tetra Element that did absolutely nothing.

A bug in the refining system occurred when I was refining Earth Crystals to the DM, and the Earth Crystals wouldn't be used, so I could make an infinite amounts of the DMs if I wanted to, but I only made enough to get the Magnitude and Earthquake TMs

Not sure if this is a bug, but there are no wild poke encounters in Resta Falls or in Mt Sitor. Hopefully this is not intentional, as I was expecting Geodude/Zubat in both and maybe Machop in Mt Sitor.

I can supply screenshots for the bugs if that would help.

Will all the Evolution Stones be in-game outside of the Man-Man?
And how hard / logical would it be to have wild pokes always drop items and occasionally drop money instead of the other way around?

Either way, great job and keep up the great work!!

Signature? I don't need no *expletive deleted* signature.

Last edited by granturismo4ad; March 24th, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
66hunter66
Itrainespeons. :D

I love the new update, and I hate it as well.
I love it for the new update to Sidequests, and the amount thereof. I also love that you gave us the ability to skip almost all of the explanations, which made older players (such as me) happy that we didn't have to wade through an hour of dialouge. Also loved the funny (if a little bit creepy) Unown words.
However, there are some things that need to be cleaned up.
First off, and the most annoying to me, are the Pokemon that show up in grass. I can hardly walk three spaces without getting attacked. Maybe lower that a little? Also, repels don't seem to work. I used a repel in the grass outside the Unown dungeons while trying to capture Abra, and I was still being attacked non-stop.
There are a lot of typos, spread throughout the game. Not a huge concern.
The last Market is seriously messed up. I could buy a bunch of no name things for 1gp, and I could buy Tetra Elements for free. Odd.
The Corrupted Abra, when finally attacked, is just four Unown spelling the word 'FURY', and when defeated it says 'Kadabra devolved into Abra.' When I never fought a Kadabra, either.
The corrupted Geodude never evolved. :\
A big one for me, the second fight against the boss at the training hall closes your game. I've tried it at various points in the game, and I keep getting the message "Event script referenced a monster group that does not exist.' at which point it closes.
The first Oak mission, doesn't work. It just keeps starting all over again, everytime you talk to him.
The Basket sidequest doesn't give you the trophy for completing.

Old March 24th, 2012, 12:50 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Eevee X View Post
Spoiler:
*squeals inside but resumes his male pride* Ive been looking forward to the demo 0.7. Ill see if I run into any bugs.
When I went to inspect this odd occurrence I simply froze in place. And can't move, I have a screenshot if you want to see it. Plus I don't know if it was me or the game when I went into the first gym and the advisor at the start blinked as he walked toward me. Dunno if it was me or it.

But all in all. I do look forward to playing the full version of the game, or another demo-in-a-demo when the newer one comes out.

Later~

G.E.X
Yeah, glitch that i accident caused when i was updating the mapping.
when you step onto the trainer's line of sight, the game waits for the trainer to bump into you. unfortunately, as she is stuck in a tree, she can't do that.

Luckly, you can bypass it by (as monkeyboy said) walking near her, so when you pass her line of sight, you're right under her. so she will already be touching you, and thus, the battle can start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
Spoiler:
I posted this one already, this happens as the character doesn't have to walk, if you are closer to the lake, so she has to walk off of the tree there is no error message and you fight her just like you should be able to
I tested, it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by granturismo4ad View Post
Spoiler:
+1 on the above bug. Not sure if it needs to be completed at a specific time, but when I tried the Flux Capacitor quest, it would not proceed. Also, the Pineco bait spot is bugged (Pineco never appears). Already been reported, although the Mareep bait spot worked fine for me.

Another bug appeared after I got the Fire Tetra Element. Pokemarts began to sell two or three blank items that would not have a name, and a Tetra Element that did absolutely nothing.

A bug in the refining system occurred when I was refining Earth Crystals to the DM, and the Earth Crystals wouldn't be used, so I could make an infinite amounts of the DMs if I wanted to, but I only made enough to get the Magnitude and Earthquake TMs

Not sure if this is a bug, but there are no wild poke encounters in Resta Falls or in Mt Sitor. Hopefully this is not intentional, as I was expecting Geodude/Zubat in both and maybe Machop in Mt Sitor.

I can supply screenshots for the bugs if that would help.

Will all the Evolution Stones be in-game outside of the Man-Man?
And how hard / logical would it be to have wild pokes always drop items and occasionally drop money instead of the other way around?

Either way, great job and keep up the great work!!
Thanks, the tectonic blast glitch is new. fixed.
Evolution stones, all will be avaliable through sidequests, or in itemballs.
I'll also make it so you can refine highlevel items to it....and from it (ie; turn leafstone into a solar beam or something.) so you have to choose whether it's worth it or not. :O

I can't make pokemon sometimes drop money. It's always a fixed amount ($$ amount = pokemon level. literally. lv9 will drop $9, lv 99 will drop $99)

I can make pokemon always drop items, thats how it previously was.
But since there are 3 ranks of junk items, and each one corrisponds to an evoution stage, (base = rank1, stage1 = rank2 , stage2 = rank3.)

it wouldn't give incentive to fight highlevel enemies. i would make more sense just fighting Lv36 charizards for inferno fangs since the drop rate is always 100%. no use fighting higher leveled charizards.

To balance this: I made it that level effects drop rate percentage:
rank1 junk percentage = enemy level*4
rank2 junk percentage = enemy level*2
rank3 junk percentage = enemy level (100% if lv99 enemy, since thats the cap)

So a lv9 charmander drops ember pieces 36% of the time. while a lv 25 charmander drops it 100% of the time.
a lv16 charmeleon drops dragonclaws 32% of the time, while a lv48 drops it 96% of the time.
and finally, a lv36 chrizard drops inferno fangs 36% of the time. while a lv99 one drops it 100% of the time.

unlike a fixed drop rate, this one encourages you to go fight higher leveled enemies if you want a more consistent stream of drops.

note: pokemon that only evolve once drop rank3 items, when they're over level 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66hunter66 View Post
Spoiler:
I love the new update, and I hate it as well.
I love it for the new update to Sidequests, and the amount thereof. I also love that you gave us the ability to skip almost all of the explanations, which made older players (such as me) happy that we didn't have to wade through an hour of dialouge. Also loved the funny (if a little bit creepy) Unown words.
However, there are some things that need to be cleaned up.
First off, and the most annoying to me, are the Pokemon that show up in grass. I can hardly walk three spaces without getting attacked. Maybe lower that a little? Also, repels don't seem to work. I used a repel in the grass outside the Unown dungeons while trying to capture Abra, and I was still being attacked non-stop.
There are a lot of typos, spread throughout the game. Not a huge concern.
The last Market is seriously messed up. I could buy a bunch of no name things for 1gp, and I could buy Tetra Elements for free. Odd.
The Corrupted Abra, when finally attacked, is just four Unown spelling the word 'FURY', and when defeated it says 'Kadabra devolved into Abra.' When I never fought a Kadabra, either.
The corrupted Geodude never evolved. :\
A big one for me, the second fight against the boss at the training hall closes your game. I've tried it at various points in the game, and I keep getting the message "Event script referenced a monster group that does not exist.' at which point it closes.
The first Oak mission, doesn't work. It just keeps starting all over again, everytime you talk to him.
The Basket sidequest doesn't give you the trophy for completing.

I've decided to half the enouhter rate too. that should make it less tedious.
Also note: riding the bike makes increased wild enounters! so take note of that.
Old March 25th, 2012, 06:32 AM
MajorLeagueGamer

I thought the demo of a the beta 7 was fun, but i was expecting it to showcase the next chapter

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
CrimsonDisc
Beginning Trainer

When I try to start my old save file from 603, it tells me, "Event script referenced a hero that does not exist."
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links