The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 582 69.53%
Alright! 131 15.65%
Average 58 6.93%
Awful.. 16 1.91%
Abomination.... 50 5.97%
Voters: 837. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Omn
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
yeah he changed alot of stuff so you can'tuse your old save files

Old March 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM
granturismo4ad
Beginning Trainer

Quote from last page, put in spoilers to save space.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
Thanks, the tectonic blast glitch is new. fixed.
Evolution stones, all will be avaliable through sidequests, or in itemballs.
I'll also make it so you can refine highlevel items to it....and from it (ie; turn leafstone into a solar beam or something.) so you have to choose whether it's worth it or not. :O

I can't make pokemon sometimes drop money. It's always a fixed amount ($$ amount = pokemon level. literally. lv9 will drop $9, lv 99 will drop $99)

I can make pokemon always drop items, thats how it previously was.
But since there are 3 ranks of junk items, and each one corrisponds to an evoution stage, (base = rank1, stage1 = rank2 , stage2 = rank3.)

it wouldn't give incentive to fight highlevel enemies. i would make more sense just fighting Lv36 charizards for inferno fangs since the drop rate is always 100%. no use fighting higher leveled charizards.

To balance this: I made it that level effects drop rate percentage:
rank1 junk percentage = enemy level*4
rank2 junk percentage = enemy level*2
rank3 junk percentage = enemy level (100% if lv99 enemy, since thats the cap)

So a lv9 charmander drops ember pieces 36% of the time. while a lv 25 charmander drops it 100% of the time.
a lv16 charmeleon drops dragonclaws 32% of the time, while a lv48 drops it 96% of the time.
and finally, a lv36 chrizard drops inferno fangs 36% of the time. while a lv99 one drops it 100% of the time.

unlike a fixed drop rate, this one encourages you to go fight higher leveled enemies if you want a more consistent stream of drops.

note: pokemon that only evolve once drop rank3 items, when they're over level 50.

I didn't even think of a percentage drop. And I was hoping there'd be sidequests for elemental stones, as I'd rather not rely on Man-Man to get them.

A few other small things I've noticed while playing through:

1) The description for Dissolving Acid reads: "Acidic that can dissolve". It should read: "Acid that can dissolve".

2) The icon next to Shell Shield is the same as a stat up even though Shell Shield is a junk item.

3) The PP meter when switching between Eevee forms rounds down. Switching from A to B to A or selecting the current Eevee form yields less PP than before.

The first two should be easy enough to fix, but not sure whether the third one would be worth the trouble.

Signature? I don't need no *expletive deleted* signature.

Last edited by granturismo4ad; March 25th, 2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Formatting
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM
CrimsonDisc
Beginning Trainer

Uh... I found a shiny Pokemon BEFORE I got the Pokedex... wtf do I do?
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDisc View Post
Cry? Faint? Attack everyone you see? Just suggestions.
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:23 PM
CrimsonDisc
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
Cry? Faint? Attack everyone you see? Just suggestions.
All of the above.

When you're teleported to first meet M, there's this thing that looks like a pokeball... It warped me to a place I couldn't escape and had to restart.
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
I thought the demo of a the beta 7 was fun, but i was expecting it to showcase the next chapter
Yeah, due to the large amount of changes, mainly databasing, rebalancing and rewriting dialouge, it meant i'm progressing through the game again technically.

It would take another few months to actually finish the revamp, so I decided it would be better if i just release what i've done right now. v7 will have 3 parts to it. v0.7b will be coming out soon, and will go up to the next AI. then v0.7c will come out later which will go up to where 0.6 ended. (geosigma) - then comes 0.8, which would carry on the game.

Quote:
When I try to start my old save file from 603, it tells me, "Event script referenced a hero that does not exist."
Yeah, large revamp, I optimised stuff, that included cutting down hero count and redid the database making old saves uncompatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granturismo4ad View Post
Quote from last page, put in spoilers to save space.

I didn't even think of a percentage drop. And I was hoping there'd be sidequests for elemental stones, as I'd rather not rely on Man-Man to get them.

A few other small things I've noticed while playing through:

1) The description for Dissolving Acid reads: "Acidic that can dissolve". It should read: "Acid that can dissolve".

2) The icon next to Shell Shield is the same as a stat up even though Shell Shield is a junk item.

3) The PP meter when switching between Eevee forms rounds down. Switching from A to B to A or selecting the current Eevee form yields less PP than before.

The first two should be easy enough to fix, but not sure whether the third one would be worth the trouble.
fixed top 2, might be able to fix PP proportions. we'll see.

There will be plenty of ways to get evolution stones in later versions. Sidequests, item balls, manman and refining. Ill make sure that no item is a manman exclusive. that would be too mean of me.

Quote:
Nothing you can do sadly . Actually happened to me once when i was testing the intro bits.

On the plus side; it means shiny pokemon didn't break in the new version (another user said he looked for 2 hours and countn't find any, so i was worried)

Quote:
All of the above.

When you're teleported to first meet M, there's this thing that looks like a pokeball... It warped me to a place I couldn't escape and had to restart.
yeah, someone mentioned this. I'll make sure to put a checkpoint cheatcode in the next version; to warp you back to the next last pokemon center

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; March 25th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:59 PM
wingman11
Solo Runner

Nature: Quirky
I really like the new refining system; it's much more sensible than before. Though one thing I'd like to see is a way to keep track of which Pokemon drop what items. Perhaps an addition to the Pokedex that records things like this? A location function/feature would be nice too.
ALSO ANOTHER ULTIMATE SOLO CHALLENGE
Devonshire the Sableye [FR-SS-E-PT-W]

Completed Challenges:

Psycho the Beldum/Metang/Metagross [FR-SS-E-PT-W]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Titan the Nidoran♂/Nidorino/Nidoking [B-C-R-PT-W]
--------------------------------------------
Regular Solo Challenge:
Razor the Drilbur/Excadrill [BLACK]
Beat Team Plasma | Beat Champion Alder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Venom the Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede [BLACK]
Beat Team Plasma | Beat Champion Alder
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:23 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman11 View Post
I really like the new refining system; it's much more sensible than before. Though one thing I'd like to see is a way to keep track of which Pokemon drop what items. Perhaps an addition to the Pokedex that records things like this? A location function/feature would be nice too.
Hmm, good idea.
I'll make it so you can click up/down on the pokedex to toogle between discription, location and item drops. That should make more incentive to actually scan pokemon.
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:19 PM
luitcsh
is the Black Wolf Virus

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to luitcsh
Is there an estimate on when we can expect the newest installment after Arbor City? I played this game back when it wasn't on the current 'timeline'. Quite an interesting game. The final fantasy music really makes me feel nostalgic, so please, hurry with the next part!
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Hypergaming
Pikachu Palace!

Nature: Lonely
I just downloaaded and I LOVE it. Even though the battling system is differnet, this game feels like a true pokemon game because of it. It isn't trying to emulate any previous system or whatnot.
I found two bugs, one, right before meeting M, on the 3rd gen map there is a pokeball. I didn't know if it was just a 'glitch' tile or a real ball so I went over to it and clicked it and I became stuck in a map of the corrupted orangish tiles and couldn't move from the center. I had to quit the game and restart.
THe second JUST happened and I don't have a close save to check if I saw right or not, but if someone could confirm that right before going on route 5 after getting your second badge, Crystal says that you are Collecting Gym badges and all that Jazz, only I believe that it was spelled Jass...
Like I said I already clicked to the next text box so I could not confirm this to be true.

Can't wait for 0.7b! Keep up the good work.

edit: okay Same conversation with crystal in the tutorial for the team switcher, she says that evee is in both of them because she is too attached, and then you say thats all right, then crystal said that previous line again before moving on to mentioning the pc at poke centers....

edit2: okay this is the second time this happened to me. The first time was in a pokecenter after evee died, this time I just walked into a house. evee (or eveolution) is in the top corner of the map and will only face down or to the east.

On my game it is reproducable, and will happen when I walk into the house by foot, if I use a bike and ride into the house, evee is behind me when I enter.
It only seems to happen in this one house, none of the others in town are affected. It is the bottom house in Arbor City which is blocked by a small tree accessible only with an axe.

Now Playing through: Super Pokemon Evee Edition (link)

Last edited by Hypergaming; March 29th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:12 PM
poker123

Nature: Serious
I've found an annoying glitch. Out of the times I've encountered them so far, the Weedles seem capable of using Limit Break attacks on the first turn. I've seen them in the Academy Garden and Route 1. I've been knocked out several times already, and it pissed me off to great ends. The Weedles are faster than even Jolteon in the beginning and they hit pretty hard against the weaker pokemon, but it's not a problem once your Jolteon is strong enough to pwn those n00bs in one shot. Just thought I'd report this not-so-minor glitch. Otherwise, great game so far.

Last edited by poker123; March 31st, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old March 31st, 2012, 04:02 PM
DarkDoom3000

thanks for the bug reports, but most of them have already been reported and fixed. you can see reported bugs in the Bug List

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by luitcsh View Post
Is there an estimate on when we can expect the newest installment after Arbor City? I played this game back when it wasn't on the current 'timeline'. Quite an interesting game. The final fantasy music really makes me feel nostalgic, so please, hurry with the next part!
timeframe... next version should be done by the end of this month. I can't be for sure, have a few assignments for uni i have to do. but i do have term break coming up so I should be able to get a lot done.

so, sometime this month should be a decent estimate. lol. probably in the later half of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypergaming View Post
I just downloaaded and I LOVE it. Even though the battling system is differnet, this game feels like a true pokemon game because of it. It isn't trying to emulate any previous system or whatnot.
Thanks, the battle system was actually a wonderful mistake. I originally wanted to use the normal pokemon battle system, but as it turned out, i couldn't replicate it enough with the engine im using. So had to stick with the 4v4 style.

It ended up being a good thing, as it made the game quite unique among pokemon fangames.
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:11 PM
gugu3
I hope i can really help...

I just beat the demo. Keep em' coming plz! I love this game!
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cykes
justicykes
Community Supporter

Hey, grats on winning the spotlight thingy! I really do love that this game is still going strong. Definitely gives me a source of inspiration.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:52 AM
shadowtych
Unhatched Egg

I am curious can I transfer my save files from my last demo game over please tell me I can
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:21 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
For some reason I can't access the download link.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
gugu3
I hope i can really help...

I think i found 2 bugs: The first is when you face a Corrupted Geodude at Mt. Sitor. Geodude won't evolve, when it was supposed to evolve. Lots of NPCs mention about a Golem/Graveler, but Corrupted Geodude won't evolve.
The second is when you find the Corrupted Abra at route 6. Instead of facing a Abra/Kadabra, you face unowns.

Last edited by gugu3; April 2nd, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

For some reason none of my browsers want to access mediafire. Do you have another hosting site, Darkdoom?

Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:54 AM
DarkDoom3000

Woo, I won spotlight of the month, shoutouts to these champs;
Xavier_PokeNation
Lockmaster24
Guardian Eevee X
Flame-Typhlosion
wingman11
Nightwing87
granturismo4ad
Daedalus
destinedjagold
monkeyboi
MajorLeagueGamer

for all voting for SPEE :D

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugu3 View Post
I just beat the demo. Keep em' coming plz! I love this game!
Thanks, wait shouldn't be too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Hey, grats on winning the spotlight thingy! I really do love that this game is still going strong. Definitely gives me a source of inspiration.
Yeah man, feels good. thanks for the vote. btw :D
Hopefully my motivation to finish remains strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtych View Post
I am curious can I transfer my save files from my last demo game over please tell me I can
Nah, sorry. too much changes meant old save files were incompatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugu3 View Post
I think i found 2 bugs: The first is when you face a Corrupted Geodude at Mt. Sitor. Geodude won't evolve, when it was supposed to evolve. Lots of NPCs mention about a Golem/Graveler, but Corrupted Geodude won't evolve.
The second is when you find the Corrupted Abra at route 6. Instead of facing a Abra/Kadabra, you face unowns.
sweet, fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roen52 View Post
For some reason none of my browsers want to access mediafire. Do you have another hosting site, Darkdoom?
here ya go.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/flmvfi
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
darkabbe
Beginning Trainer

when is 0.8 out? love this game
Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
chaos.agent
Unhatched Egg

Well i stumbled upon this game and i gotta say wow excellent work. however i did notice a small thing when eevee or its evo forms faints should it still follow me? I just downloaded this literally 24 hours ago and have already taken out an AI. I cant wait for the next version to come out and i have an idea that will take alot of work but would be kinda interesting. Multiplayer. i know it will take alot of time but i just thought it would be cool. everyone linked to a server battling talking or whatever. Anyway I'm trying to do the sub-mission for Oak and i accepted the mission and went to the pokemart to get it and every time i go back to give it to him it keeps asking if i want to accept it i didnt know if that was normal or what. Another thing i spotted was the Wild Abra once i stopped him and he attacked i was battling unown and then after the battle it said Abra devolved from Kadabra and i never faced one. I will keep an eye out for anything else keep up the good work and i cant wait for 0.7b. Oh and one more thing when i try to scan pokemon from team rocket or in a cave or in the first AI place the pokemon dont scan or even register in the pokedex.
Old April 4th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post

Woo, I won spotlight of the month, shoutouts to these champs;
Xavier_PokeNation
Lockmaster24
Guardian Eevee X
Flame-Typhlosion
wingman11
Nightwing87
granturismo4ad
Daedalus
destinedjagold
monkeyboi
MajorLeagueGamer

for all voting for SPEE :D
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Your Welcome and you deserve every vote and more for the amount of effort you put in this game."
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Guardian Eevee X
Legendary Figure

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Your Welcome and you deserve every vote and more for the amount of effort you put in this game."
I agree with Lockmaster24, grats on making spotlight.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Woot! I beat v0.7a and it was glorious. There was a few bugs but those have already been mentioned. I can't wait for v0.7b to come out.

Old April 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
chaos.agent
Unhatched Egg

ok i love this game i just downloaded it a couple days ago and have been playing it like crazy. just east of brevis town past the lake there is a girl in the tree's and when i try to walk up to her the game freezes. also the sub-mission with Oak and the part from a pokemart i got the part and when i went back to give it it kept asking me to accept the mission. the abra im supposed to fight as a kadabra are 4 unowns instead and the diglet in the cave devolves from itsself into itsself. the pokedex wont scan team rockets pokemon either. im running .7a so idk if these are major to you or if there supposed to be like this. i am curious about the graveler. it says there is a golem attacking people but in the youtube vids its a graveler and when i faced it it was just a geodude. this game will be amazing and im glad you created it and will be happy to point out bugs as i see them.

Last edited by chaos.agent; April 5th, 2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: missed something
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here