The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 581 69.58%
Alright! 130 15.57%
Average 58 6.95%
Awful.. 16 1.92%
Abomination.... 50 5.99%
Voters: 835. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Charvisioku
Psyduck Fanatic

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
*also, when you first meet "M" if you interact with something there you end up in a sea of glitch and you're stuck there, there's nothing you can do, again, iunno if this is intended I'm just mentioning it*
This happened to me, too.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Jared
Some Cool Kid

Just checkin in to let you know I haven't forgot about this game, I'll be sure to keep playing when the next update is out. Btw when you asked the question about the average level of my Pokemon in this demo, it was mid-teens. (14,15,16ish)

Signature Shop? I got one of those.
Old May 19th, 2012, 05:58 AM
HibariChan

Nature: Timid
Hello !

Just join this forum to tell Thank you to the creator ! This game is just amazing !
I'm a big fan of FF and Pokemon, so finding my two favorite games like that is really awesome !

I played the V.7 and now, I'm waiting for the next update, so, I'm playing the older version ! =D

In fact, right now, I'm in the Silph and I can't reach Giovanni ... I'm playing V0.603, and I don't find the employee pass, so can't open the doors ... Can someone help me ? " I want to know what happen next in the game !
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Am I able to use my USB Gamepad with this?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
PKMNTRNCha0tic
Beginning Trainer

mmm Classic rpg :megusta:

And dude,if you make it more mobile,you will have my eternal gratitude.(more mobile=version for some kind of mobile device)
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Am I able to use my USB Gamepad with this?
If you mean something like my USB Xbox 360 controller or a gamepad similar to it, then yes. I was able to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my computer, along with it's latest drivers. Then, I configured a program called Xpadder to tell what button does what. Anyway, I believe you should be able to, but no guarantees.

Back on topic, I have noticed the glitch as well about getting stuck after meeting "M" when you interact with things.

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”

Last edited by Dying Light; May 22nd, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:38 PM
pokefangames
Sinor Trainer

Nature: Calm
hey man! Great game. this was an interesting Idea and well put together.
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Happy BCKC

Grats on Demo 7, took you long enough
I haven't been here a lot myself, but I do remember you saying something about releasing full version by the end of last year. I like how that turned out.

Anyway, now that I really don't have much to do except slap myself with my earth science review book, need a spellchecker again?
However, as an idea, I would much rather just go through all the individual events on RM2k3 and fix them there. (Especially when you have a few days/weeks where you can't work on the game. I found the previous method sorta tedious and I didn't really enjoy the game as much.)

EDIT: annnnd... disappointment. Separating v7 into parts? D:
EDIT2: Blehh, just a reminder: You haven't updated the first post yet. It's been awhile :D

Last edited by BCKC; May 29th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Flame999

i love both FF and Pokemon so this is the best of both worlds
i'd played version 6 & 7 and i must say this game is A+ and i would love to get past the area after you dock but i know that might not be possible
i've played many pokemon theme game but not with FF in it
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:28 AM
ditto1
copycat

When is the next version coming out
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:28 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1 View Post
Don't ask when a new version is coming out. It's rather impolite to the creator, as he makes sure you at least have something to play, even when he is busy doing other things.

Release dates vary by developer.

Old May 31st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Shee-Chwan
The Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibariChan View Post
Hello !

Just join this forum to tell Thank you to the creator ! This game is just amazing !
I'm a big fan of FF and Pokemon, so finding my two favorite games like that is really awesome !

I played the V.7 and now, I'm waiting for the next update, so, I'm playing the older version ! =D

In fact, right now, I'm in the Silph and I can't reach Giovanni ... I'm playing V0.603, and I don't find the employee pass, so can't open the doors ... Can someone help me ? " I want to know what happen next in the game !
You should download the patch? Which will permit you to have the door opened(if you heard the "employee" their ID cards wouldn't work anyways~ XP)

I kind of realized it myself when I got there and checked if a patch was out, I downloaded it and could finally beat Giovanni
Hope this will help you~ <3

Also to all others, it's a bit useless to say you found a glitch that have been already been found no?... o.o"
If you read a couple of posts sooner, you'll get it, at least 2-3 pages back? You'll see your "glitches" have been found like... a couple of times? ^.^"
Sorry if this bother, but it does bother me to keep seeing people repeating there's a glitch because they didn't read at all, I took the time to read at least 10 pages to be sure all the Glitches I had found so far haven't been posted~ =P

Anyways, mostly was just checking in to see if there isn't an update~ <3
Going to do that once in a while to be suuuure to not miss the next part, but don't force yourself too hard on getting it out fast, or the quality might be less... nice? ^.^"
Keep up the good work~ <3
Swallow your steps as you walk~
~Shee-Chwan ~ The Hopeless Dreamer~
Old May 31st, 2012, 02:10 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shee-Chwan View Post
Also to all others, it's a bit useless to say you found a glitch that have been already been found no?... o.o"
If you read a couple of posts sooner, you'll get it, at least 2-3 pages back? You'll see your "glitches" have been found like... a couple of times? ^.^"
Sorry if this bother, but it does bother me to keep seeing people repeating there's a glitch because they didn't read at all, I took the time to read at least 10 pages to be sure all the Glitches I had found so far haven't been posted~ =P
And it's not okay for users to share the problems we're experiencing? Nothing in the rules states that it's not okay to discuss problems. Of course, there will be bugs/glitches, but the only way to know is by having the community of players answering the "who/what/when/where" and then leave it to the developer to find out the "why and how". Nevertherless, it never hurts to have a healthy conversation about current issues.

Old May 31st, 2012, 08:19 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Once again begins my absolute addiction to this thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post

And it's not okay for users to share the problems we're experiencing? Nothing in the rules states that it's not okay to discuss problems. Of course, there will be bugs/glitches, but the only way to know is by having the community of players answering the "who/what/when/where" and then leave it to the developer to find out the "why and how". Nevertherless, it never hurts to have a healthy conversation about current issues.
I kinda have to disagree with both of you here. Looking back 10 pages is a bit much for someone just trying to enjoy the game. Even 2-3 pages takes awhile to read. Then again, spamming up the thread with the same bug reports isn't an option either (and most of these don't even provide enough info). I would say, if one read a full page of replies (and maybe part of the one before it) -and its not there- then post about a bug. Not saying any of you are wrong, just giving my input. I do agree with Musketeer on his/her last sentence though; engaging in a logical conversation about the current issues isn't a bad idea.

Now onto completely unrelated replies >.>

Don't ask for a release date. I'm sure DarkDoom is busy with uni and, well, other games he is playing. He probably doesn't like to set a date for a release and then realize that he can't meet it. He can't predict the future. (Well, I don't know him. Maybe he can :D)

@DarkDoom: Can I have access to that GDocs changelog file? I'll pm my email if you agree.
Old June 1st, 2012, 02:19 AM
HibariChan

Quote:
You should download the patch? Which will permit you to have the door opened(if you heard the "employee" their ID cards wouldn't work anyways~ XP)

I kind of realized it myself when I got there and checked if a patch was out, I downloaded it and could finally beat Giovanni
I downloaded the patch, that's why I don't understand why I still can't keep playing :/
Well, I think I'll re-try it, maybe I did something wrong
Anyway, thank you =)
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:20 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Just checkin in to let you know I haven't forgot about this game, I'll be sure to keep playing when the next update is out. Btw when you asked the question about the average level of my Pokemon in this demo, it was mid-teens. (14,15,16ish)
Thanks for keeping tabs on this. feel bad for not having any substantial updates. i promise there'll be on sooner or later.

Quote:
Hello !

Hmmm.... not sure why thats still happening if you have 603. Can you post a screenshot of where exactly you are stuck? (press the print-scr button /near delete button/ and paste/save on MS paint, then upload as attachment or something)

remember, you have to head upstairs in silph to get to giovanni, rather than heading downstairs to the undergroudn labs, as thats a optional mission (latias auto summon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMNTRNCha0tic View Post
mmm Classic rpg :megusta:

And dude,if you make it more mobile,you will have my eternal gratitude.(more mobile=version for some kind of mobile device)
Mobile version would be pretty awesome, im suck with this game as the engine is only for PC. would if i could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefangames View Post
hey man! Great game. this was an interesting Idea and well put together.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
Happy BCKC

Grats on Demo 7, took you long enough
I haven't been here a lot myself, but I do remember you saying something about releasing full version by the end of last year. I like how that turned out.

Anyway, now that I really don't have much to do except slap myself with my earth science review book, need a spellchecker again?
However, as an idea, I would much rather just go through all the individual events on RM2k3 and fix them there. (Especially when you have a few days/weeks where you can't work on the game. I found the previous method sorta tedious and I didn't really enjoy the game as much.)

EDIT: annnnd... disappointment. Separating v7 into parts? D:
EDIT2: Blehh, just a reminder: You haven't updated the first post yet. It's been awhile
Yeah, time management is a pain. for some reason i didn't anticipate the fact i'd have less free time this year compared to last >:/
Had to split up v7 into parts because i knew the revamp would take long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame999 View Post
i love both FF and Pokemon so this is the best of both worlds
i'd played version 6 & 7 and i must say this game is A+ and i would love to get past the area after you dock but i know that might not be possible
i've played many pokemon theme game but not with FF in it
Actually, you can go a little bit past the dock. you can tell where the demo ends because it'll say "Chapter 8 - To Be Continued"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1 View Post
the best answer would be: "Eventually"

Quote:

Anyways, mostly was just checking in to see if there isn't an update~ <3
Going to do that once in a while to be suuuure to not miss the next part, but don't force yourself too hard on getting it out fast, or the quality might be less... nice? ^.^"
Keep up the good work~ <3
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
the best thing would be to look through this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
and see if the bug is already in there or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post

@DarkDoom: Can I have access to that GDocs changelog file? I'll pm my email if you agree.
yeah, kk. just pm me your email and i'l add.

Quote:
I downloaded the patch, that's why I don't understand why I still can't keep playing :/
Well, I think I'll re-try it, maybe I did something wrong
Anyway, thank you =)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:29 AM
HibariChan

I understood where was my mistake ! I copied/pasted the files, instead of replaced it on the main file ! Stupid me ...
Anyway, thank you for answering me =D
This game is really awesome !
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Picked up Demo 7a for a short playthrough.
Haven't gotten Eevee yet, but...
-In the intro, before Oak, the first set of ellipses shouldn't have a space before them.
-WHOA BUCKEYE GOT A SEX CHANGE
-Map item picture is off centered when given by mother

Yeah... I didn't get too far ><
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

I discovered a bug at Imibo lake. (I think that is the name, it's by Route 2). When you arrive, the is no bottom to the tree tiles and there is a weird woman standing in them. Oh, and I can't move. I might save to slot 2 and see what happens then.

EDIT: Saved to slot 2 and I'm still stuck. The bad thing is that I hadn't saved for ages and I got really far... Just my luck.

EDIT 2: Every time I complete the Flux Compacitor mission, I get sent on it again when I return to Prof. Oak. I've been using the house teleporter if that helps.

P.S.: You definitely didn't know this at the time you first began developing the game, Aurum Troops are enemies in Kid Icarus: Uprising. When I first saw the name 'Aurum Town', it was the first thing that came to mind.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rayziken 2; June 2nd, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
tobinus

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to tobinus
I really like this game! The music, the story and the witty dialog, but especially the battle system, help make this game unique and distinct from the official games. This is the first fanmade game I've played, and so far it has been great :D I've laughed more than once!
Old June 7th, 2012, 01:21 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Started playing this game, finally...
Anyway, there are quite many things that require fixing although otherwise, the game feels awesome.

The quest log has lots of bugs in it. I didn't find a place where you had these written down so I felt like I should reply here what I found.

Infinite loops: When choosing some of the "items", an infinite loop starts and you won't be able to escape from it any other way by closing the application (I didn't get far at the first time but it was still a bit annoying because I hadn't saved before I started viewing the items with quest log and had to start over).

I noticed the following items to have infinite loops in their scripts:
-Some of the Hidden Trophys
-Corrupted pokemon: Pinsir, Cacturne, Kingler, Pelipper, Arcanine, Heracross, Ninetails, Magcargo & Scyther
-Corrupted Voltorb + black palette unlike with other items

Other minor oddities:
-"Baby Steps" displays the same text as "Beginner Collector".
-"Export 20 ManMan... has a dot in the end of its description unlike other items.
-Corrupted Zubat is written in a different way that it should.
-Corrupted Abra/Kadabra, Phanpy/Donphan, Lairon/Aggron (I've a feeling these are not bugs but felt like reporting them anyway).
-Defeat the corrupted Laitos -quest.

Hopefully you'll get these fixed for the following versions!
(I'll get back to playing the game itself instead of searching for glitches from now on, hahha :D)

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM
haybalebarn
Beginning Trainer

Hmm, I was really looking forward to playing the game, so I downloaded the demo of the newest version. Funny thing happened. None of the key commands work for me. I managed to start a new game by minimizing the window. After I did that, I could press the v key to advance the text. When I get to the name choosing screen, not a single key I press seems to do anything. At this point, minimizing the window again acted as the input key, but since I could not more the selection, all I can do is input A's for my name. Any input would be appreciated.
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Grummsh
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haybalebarn View Post
Hmm, I was really looking forward to playing the game, so I downloaded the demo of the newest version. Funny thing happened. None of the key commands work for me. I managed to start a new game by minimizing the window. After I did that, I could press the v key to advance the text. When I get to the name choosing screen, not a single key I press seems to do anything. At this point, minimizing the window again acted as the input key, but since I could not more the selection, all I can do is input A's for my name. Any input would be appreciated.
Same thing happened to me in v7, so I DL'd v6. Same result. Not sure really sure what was going on. After a bit of trial and error, found that ALT would move through the text and select during the naming and "numpad 0" was the backspace but arrow keys didn't work. Took a cursory look through the files to see if i could manually change the key configuration, but either I missed it or I needed to look a little harder for it. Anyway... Just a bug report.
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

This is so awesome! Now it's not my game so I have no say, I'm only making a suggestion here, could you possibly release two versions? One with the current battle system and one with the original battle system? I think I'm not the only person who would like the ability to choose which battle system we wish to use (personally I would beat the game on both of them). It's just a suggestion, you don't have to take but I just figured I'd throw it out there.
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Archey
Beginning Trainer

So a few bugs i've run into so far.
-In the academy if you try to battle the academy leader it crashes the game
So i'm having problems with the corrupted pokemon is what i'm guessing because every time I try to fight a corrupt pokemon it has a sound play that sounds like a monster growling and then it spams a message that says "Not implimented" over, and over, and over. Could I get some help? really enjoying the game besides that.
Edit: It also opens a window called "ActiveMovieWindow" Which is just a blank white screen.

Last edited by Archey; June 12th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here