The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 574 69.41%
Alright! 129 15.60%
Average 58 7.01%
Awful.. 16 1.93%
Abomination.... 50 6.05%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
wfsw32
Beginning Trainer

It works now that I replaced the .mp3 :D
Thanks for the help and awesome game! :D
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
Glad to hear progress is going smoothly, though you're not including clocks in that anomaly solving mini-game are you? Those where the worst ever, i mean 1 of them literally took me an hour to solve (and it wasn't the last one in that anomaly)
Thanks, nah. no time limit.
take as much time as you want.
and only 1 will be actually required for progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuCrafter View Post
Do you have an alt link?

ESET detects your site as a virus, and no matter what I do, I can't get around it.

Would love ya if you do :D
here ya go. direct link :D
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qe3e0to9eh6km0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos.agent View Post
Well Dark I've got some ideas for a SPEE spinoff for other platforms and ill start searchin for a program that will allow me to create apps and i can attempt to make a game and get you a copy only of only level 1 and if you like it we can split ownership of the app. I love a good challenge and learning new programs.
Hmm... im pretty interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danothedinosaur View Post
Okay I downloaded the game and got the .zip folder. How do I play the game?
extract the zip. then double click on the RPG_RT.exe to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
Wine never works for me, I can't find windowsxp virtual machine(link please?) and for some reason my Macbook Pro didn't come with bootcamp even-though bootcamp was released in 2007 and I purchased my macbook in 2010... I just give up lol I guess I'll just wait until the hack is done and pray it a alternate version becomes available

Sorry to hear that, I use virtual box myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenneko Kazeno View Post
Hey, I would just like to say, awesome game, can't wait till .7b and c are out. I played .6 and definitely like the changes you've made since. I do however have a couple bugs I ran across as well as a question.

It wasn't said, but did you disable fishing for this version? I'm just wondering because for me all the fishing spots for corrupt pokemon are gone, and the old rod doesn't work.

My only complaint is with the balance of it. The rebalance you did with wild/corrupted pokemon helped alot to make the game a bit harder, but if you were to compare the weakest corrupted pokemon to the gym leaders, you might as well be fighting wild pokemon. The gym leaders are no challenge and, I may be alone on this, I feel they should be more difficult, they are elite trainers.

So, now that I've said my peace and hopefully helped out in this small way, I hope you have a good night.
T.K.
thanks for the bugreport. some new ones i hadn't seen before.

Yeah, i disabled fishing for now, As you can't actually catch wild pokemon, i needed something to make fishing useful. Haven't figured out what that something would be yet.
-it's actually the same problem the safari zone has.

good point about the gym leaders. I'll be making them a little bit stronger this version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfsw32 View Post
It works now that I replaced the .mp3 :D
Thanks for the help and awesome game! :D
good to hear! hope you enjoy.

----

So theres a gamedev event to make a game by august 15th.

I decided that i should try make one after i release v7b. A short game, like 1-2 hours long or something.

I have some good ideas. Namely a eevee edition prequel.

taking place in the final days of the first generation (3 years before SPEE), you'd play as Red, after he has become champion, working with the hypervisors to eliminate a threat that has come from the far future.

I need some ideas for the name;

I was thinking;
-Super Pokemon Red Edition or
-Super Pokemon Pikachu Edition

but they might be too similar to Pokemon Red, and Pokemon Yellow: special pikachu edition.

maybe super pokemon origins or something.
Old July 6th, 2012, 06:34 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

I love the name super pokemon origins. Looking forward to the mini game and the release of 7b

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Tenneko Kazeno
Chaos Dragoon

Super Pokemon Origins has my vote as well. Its a good idea and I would definitely like to see a prequel, even if it was as short as you are saying.
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

All my yes? Super Pokemon Origins sounds good.

Super Pokemon Champion Edition. Cause Red is you know... Champion... Yeah, Origins is better.

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
Sorry to hear that, I use virtual box myself.
I just downloaded virtual box, can you explain to me how you run the game on it?
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:15 PM
RikuCrafter
Togepi

Thank you for the direct link!!

It's an excellent game. I played it before you changed it, so its nice to compare ;D
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Chippa
Beginning Trainer

my internet is basically dying and not being nice so can't put a ss

but in the left side of Aurum where you cut the two trees to get the item you can see a thing that looks like oak's notes...it's glowing and i want it o.o

also did .7a cut down on how much and where you could go?

beat it when i was about 17-19 no grinding really

also walkthrough needs to be updated since the starters you get at the academy are different now :O

edit: Mareep's sprite was messed up during battle and thats all about I can say rest has been posted before and continue the awesome work on a awesome game

Last edited by Chippa; July 9th, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
Oh wow, it's possible to not invite whatshername to the tower. Why is that an option?

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
I love the name super pokemon origins. Looking forward to the mini game and the release of 7b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenneko Kazeno View Post
Super Pokemon Origins has my vote as well. Its a good idea and I would definitely like to see a prequel, even if it was as short as you are saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
All my yes? Super Pokemon Origins sounds good.

Super Pokemon Champion Edition. Cause Red is you know... Champion... Yeah, Origins is better.
Hmm... super pokemon origins has the most votes. I've found 2 problems with it;
1- It's a prequel, but it's also a standalone game. Someone who hasn't played SPEE can easily play and understand this new game. the name Origins makes it seem like you need to play SPEE to understand it.

2- pokemon origins seems to be a fangame that already existed. name is half taken.

Heres a rough plot outline, so if anyone has good name ideas, please post:
Spoiler:

A year after Red, became champion, theres rumours of a new evil team- Team Arceus.
They're a bunch of mysterious people who've timetravelled from the 4th generation back to the past.

They've come back in time to kill the hypervisors, the gods of the world, and replace them with Arceus, the god of their world.

The master hypervisor, XDR, tasks Red to take down Team Arceus and save the world from destruction.

heres the artstyle. As you can see. It's heavily based on Pokemon Yellow, like how SPEE is based on Pokemon Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
I just downloaded virtual box, can you explain to me how you run the game on it?
With virtual box, you need to install windows XP, google would probably give you some good tutorials.

Actually, it'll probably be better to just use bootcamp and install windows XP, as it'll run a lot smoother than a virutal machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuCrafter View Post
Thank you for the direct link!!

It's an excellent game. I played it before you changed it, so its nice to compare ;D
Yeah, v0.6 - v0.7 had a lot of changes. Im quite happy that I decided to rebalance it. It feels a lot more polished now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
my internet is basically dying and not being nice so can't put a ss

but in the left side of Aurum where you cut the two trees to get the item you can see a thing that looks like oak's notes...it's glowing and i want it o.o

also did .7a cut down on how much and where you could go?

beat it when i was about 17-19 no grinding really

also walkthrough needs to be updated since the starters you get at the academy are different now :O

edit: Mareep's sprite was messed up during battle and thats all about I can say rest has been posted before and continue the awesome work on a awesome game
Thanks!
you aren't meant to see that intel in the trees. woops XD

Yeah, v0.7a was a big revamp, so I had to go through rebalance the game. And i'd done 2 chapters, so i decided to release it.

It goes up to where you kill the first hypervisor. 0.7b will go up to where you kill the second hypervisor.

0.7c will end where 0.6 ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Oh wow, it's possible to not invite whatshername to the tower. Why is that an option?
Well. originally, i was planning to do multiple endings.
and it'd depend on how you interact with silver and crystal.

not nice to anyone = gold, silver and crystal dead.
only nice to crystal = gold dies, crystal alive.
only nice to silver = gold alive, crystal dies.
nice to silver and crystal = gold and crystal alive at the end. silver dead

don't want to spoil, so i left out the details, but yeah.
I've scrapped the idea of alternate endings for now. just 1.... maybe 2 endings planned now.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; July 11th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:27 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

okay I sat here and pondered but how about using

Super Pokemon First Edition

That way it kind of plays off of the first gen pun

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Chippa
Beginning Trainer

you're welcome

but I have a few more questions...to get shiny pokemon you first scan them with the pokedex?

and will .7a, .7b, and .7c saves be usable on .8 and higher? or do you not know yet?

...forgot my other questions >.>
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
lazorz
Beginning Trainer

Hello, I've got a question and a bug report.

First, the bug report, I don't know if you knew this bug already, but I was too bored to look it up. It's the sidequest with Dr.Oak, when you need to get the Flux Compacitor and give it to him, but everytime I talk to him while I have the Flux Compacitor with me, He doesn't accept it and asks me again if I want to do the quest.

My question is are you supposed to use DM's or not, because mine aren't working. Only one works and the TM's are working though. Help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Nvm about my question, I already solved it.

Last edited by lazorz; July 13th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:12 AM
U_Flame
Brony Hacker

Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
So if the multiple ending thing isn't likely, then what of outcomes can we expect from character interactions? Misc. story branching, rewards, advantages/disadvantages?

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
There have been a lot of posts here and I'm not about to go searching though every post. What's the latest update? And did you say you were thinking of putting in the gender choice option?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]

Last edited by Konekodemon; July 14th, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 04:46 AM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
okay I sat here and pondered but how about using

Super Pokemon First Edition

That way it kind of plays off of the first gen pun
I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
you're welcome

but I have a few more questions...to get shiny pokemon you first scan them with the pokedex?

and will .7a, .7b, and .7c saves be usable on .8 and higher? or do you not know yet?

...forgot my other questions >.>
The shiny system is different in SPEE.

if you see a shiny Pokemon, you can use the Pokedex to extract their shiny data.

in v0.7b and onwards, you'll be able to use the shiny data to turn one of your own pokemon into a shiny.

--
All the v0.7+ saves should be compatible with future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorz View Post
Hello, I've got a question and a bug report.

First, the bug report, I don't know if you knew this bug already, but I was too bored to look it up. It's the sidequest with Dr.Oak, when you need to get the Flux Compacitor and give it to him, but everytime I talk to him while I have the Flux Compacitor with me, He doesn't accept it and asks me again if I want to do the quest.

My question is are you supposed to use DM's or not, because mine aren't working. Only one works and the TM's are working though. Help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Nvm about my question, I already solved it.
Yeah, that bug will be fixed next version

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
So if the multiple ending thing isn't likely, then what of outcomes can we expect from character interactions? Misc. story branching, rewards, advantages/disadvantages?
Well, multiple endings aren't in, because I've removed dialouge choices. I found it was causing too much problems with dialouge sounding unnatural. so decided to scrap that.

multiple endings might still make it in if I decide another way to decide what endings you would get.

maybe the amount of pokemon you've caught changes the ending? or how fast you kill the last boss.
Or I was thinking- your win/loss ratio against the rival might determine the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
There have been a lot of posts here and I'm not about to go searching though every post. What's the latest update? And did you say you were thinking of putting in the gender choice option?
There hasn't been a major update for quite some time, my blog is the quick way to find the latest update (http://www.pokemoneevee.co.cc)

I was thinking of gender choices, but decided against it. The game is largely story focused. having 2 different characters would mean having to write custom dialouge for the female character. which would be too much work.
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM
lazorz
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I found another bug (also don't know if someone reported this one before).
The bait spot at route 5 isn't working. When I try to place a rare candy on the spot, it doesn't work. It just says: 'This is a bait spot'.
Old July 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM
chaos.agent
Unhatched Egg

Well dark i've hit a hard spot on the game creation. I'm using Unity 3d and its really hard i got the set up decent but the pokemon keep melting. Idk how to fix it just yet but im working on it
Old July 21st, 2012, 01:36 AM
kingaskong1234
Beginning Trainer

Just finish downloading your awesome looking game and i want to play it so bad, but it seems that everytime i load the game my keyboard stops working (excluding alt, esc, ctrl, f1-f12). I cant press enter, z, or spacebar. I cant move up, down, left or right. I cant do ****. Please help me, ive already tried reinstalling the game, but it didnt change anything.

oh and the keyboard stops working only in the game window, the mouse vanishes as well but i assume thats supposed to happen.

Last edited by kingaskong1234; July 21st, 2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:50 PM
kingaskong1234
Beginning Trainer

Alright, it look like all it took was to restart the laptop to get the keyboard to work, but, i have another problem, when i attempt to take the soul challenge the game comes up with an error that says "Event script refrenced a monster that does not exist" with an ok button and exit button on it. After i press the ok button the game shuts off. Is this a part of the game or an error?
Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
This is the best game ever! also funny :D
Looking forward to preview 0.7c!
Old July 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Did another (small) spellcheck.
Spoiler:

Oak after receiving Eevee (Jolteon)
Then you could try to collect all the gym badges.

Tutorial guy
Battle tut. has same mistakes as previous
Here are some more items anyway.
Remedies cure all status conditions. Use them if your Pokemon are poisoned, paralyzed, etc.
Doesn't move back to spot after dialouge

Larry
It's not a monster, it's just a Pokemon[period] Say hello to my Jolteon[exclamation point]
You should watch out, the thief could try stealing your [ellipses] What was its name again?
WHOA LARRY CAN TELEPORT!

Silver
Oh, yeah[comma] definitely[period]

EDIT: ughh, all the formatting was lost. Should I do it over?

Last edited by BCKC; July 30th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Mashachan
Beginning Trainer

Just finished the demo, it's pretty awesome. Can't wait for the next update~!
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

This is a truly amazing game I have a few questons and comments though. First of all I hear Eevee is supposed to be behind you for me he is not is this a problom?
Also I have some comments on the reset is it possible to keep the levels that way I can rotate pokemon and train them while having a lot more fun? The biggest problom I thought of doing that is Eevee will likely be needed still if you can think of a way I know I would be happy. Another option would be to let us chose whether we want our levals reset or not as an option. If this is not possible I still want you to know this is easily the best game of pokemon that I have not bought ever and I have played a lot of roms.
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Omn
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly
just came back to check up whats going very interesting developments going on. A new game is good and definitely origins is better name i like the feel more. or you can go with Super Pokemon Begins.. kinda like Batman begins if you're still not certain of the name.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links