The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 594 69.96%
Alright! 131 15.43%
Average 58 6.83%
Awful.. 16 1.88%
Abomination.... 50 5.89%
Voters: 849. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Tenneko Kazeno
Chaos Dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
First of all I hear Eevee is supposed to be behind you for me he is not is this a problom?
Also I have some comments on the reset is it possible to keep the levels that way I can rotate pokemon and train them while having a lot more fun? The biggest problom I thought of doing that is Eevee will likely be needed still if you can think of a way I know I would be happy. Another option would be to let us chose whether we want our levals reset or not as an option.
New Game + does not reset your pokemon levels. You also keep all the items you have collected. All it does is put you as you are when you use it to the start of the story line.

As for the Eevee not following you, I don't know, there is a cheat that turns him off, but he should be there if you didn't use it.

Hope this helped a little
Old August 1st, 2012, 04:49 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

New Game + is infact a new game with additional things. It makes no sense to keep the levels of your pokemon, the stages of your pokemon will remain though if you New Game +'d with a level 20 kakuna you would then start the game with a kakuna. You can still rotate your pokemon as the entire game will be reset and you can play through again using whatever pokemon you would like.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:30 PM
granturismo4ad
Beginning Trainer

Just finished 0.7a, figured I'd post a few bugs I noticed near the end of the demo.

1) My battle with the corrupt Abra was instead with four Unown, but I still got credit for defeating and capturing the Abra.

2) Taught Dragon Claw to my Nidoking, but the moveslot that is supposed to be that move is instead blank with 0 PP cost. There's also a few items in the Mart that are like this as well: a blank line and no cost to purchase.

3) I may have mentioned this in 0.6, but after defeating a trainer with the Team Switcher, the post-battle experience is credited twice to the non-participating team. Any experience from the battle itself is given correctly, but the experience in the dialog box after the battle is what is given twice.

If #2 isn't clear, then I can certainly upload/email my game save it that would help.

Also, if you're interested, my team after defeating xxLionHeartxx is a lvl 29 Eevee, and lvl 24 Nidoking, Bayleef, Pidgeotto, Beedrill, Bellsprout, and Zubat. I did more than a little bit of grinding, but nothing like Rijon X or something like that

Anyways, I'm loving the rebalancing/restructuring on 0.7 and am looking forward to part b!

Signature? I don't need no *expletive deleted* signature.
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM
chaos.agent
Unhatched Egg

Well forget my last few posts on making the game the program crashed my laptop and ultimately fried the hard drive and it costed me way too much to fix it so i'm discontinuing the process. Sorry
Old August 10th, 2012, 05:30 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Uni's been hammering me this week. so barely got to touch SPEE. Was hoping to get this version done by the start of this month. clearly that hasn't happened.
Im not gonna bother posting possible dates. Ill just keep saying... Soon.

-----
replies.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorz View Post
Hey, I found another bug (also don't know if someone reported this one before).
The bait spot at route 5 isn't working. When I try to place a rare candy on the spot, it doesn't work. It just says: 'This is a bait spot'.
Yep, fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingaskong1234 View Post
Just finish downloading your awesome looking game and i want to play it so bad, but it seems that everytime i load the game my keyboard stops working (excluding alt, esc, ctrl, f1-f12). I cant press enter, z, or spacebar. I cant move up, down, left or right. I cant do ****. Please help me, ive already tried reinstalling the game, but it didnt change anything.

oh and the keyboard stops working only in the game window, the mouse vanishes as well but i assume thats supposed to happen.
try download this:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2fxi353ishdzj36
and paste it in the SPEE folder replacing the previous RPG_RT.exe file.

that should fix it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingaskong1234 View Post
Alright, it look like all it took was to restart the laptop to get the keyboard to work, but, i have another problem, when i attempt to take the soul challenge the game comes up with an error that says "Event script refrenced a monster that does not exist" with an ok button and exit button on it. After i press the ok button the game shuts off. Is this a part of the game or an error?
Yeah, glitch. Next version you'll be able to battle him for a second starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGiratinaX View Post
This is the best game ever! also funny :D
Looking forward to preview 0.7c!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
Did another (small) spellcheck.
Spoiler:

Oak after receiving Eevee (Jolteon)
Then you could try to collect all the gym badges.

Tutorial guy
Battle tut. has same mistakes as previous
Here are some more items anyway.
Remedies cure all status conditions. Use them if your Pokemon are poisoned, paralyzed, etc.
Doesn't move back to spot after dialouge

Larry
It's not a monster, it's just a Pokemon[period] Say hello to my Jolteon[exclamation point]
You should watch out, the thief could try stealing your [ellipses] What was its name again?
WHOA LARRY CAN TELEPORT!

Silver
Oh, yeah[comma] definitely[period]

EDIT: ughh, all the formatting was lost. Should I do it over?
Good work as usual :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashachan View Post
Just finished the demo, it's pretty awesome. Can't wait for the next update~!
Thanks, shouldn't be too long now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
This is a truly amazing game I have a few questons and comments though. First of all I hear Eevee is supposed to be behind you for me he is not is this a problom?
Also I have some comments on the reset is it possible to keep the levels that way I can rotate pokemon and train them while having a lot more fun? The biggest problom I thought of doing that is Eevee will likely be needed still if you can think of a way I know I would be happy. Another option would be to let us chose whether we want our levals reset or not as an option. If this is not possible I still want you to know this is easily the best game of pokemon that I have not bought ever and I have played a lot of roms.
Hmm. Yeah, he's meant to be following you. It's possible you have a earlier version. following eevee was introduced in v0.6 i think.

I noticed the problem with leveling, the fact RPGmaker only comes with quadratic exp models didn't help. (unlike official pokemon, where you level up very fast at low levels, but level up very slowly at high level, SPEE has fairly constant leveling.)

After toying around with lots of ways to tackle it, I decided this way would be best; v0.7b will come with a new item: the Balance Band. When equiped on Eevee, all team EXP will be siphoned to the lowerst leveled pokemon in your team. this will mean one pokemon gaining 4x exp than normal with the rest of the team getting none.

This will allow you to easily raise new pokemon. you can put a Lv5 Oddish in a team of Lv40 pokemon. Oddish will gain 4x normal EXP, while the other 3 pokemon getting none. This will allow you to easily get pokemon to catch up to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
just came back to check up whats going very interesting developments going on. A new game is good and definitely origins is better name i like the feel more. or you can go with Super Pokemon Begins.. kinda like Batman begins if you're still not certain of the name.
I like it. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
New Game + is infact a new game with additional things. It makes no sense to keep the levels of your pokemon, the stages of your pokemon will remain though if you New Game +'d with a level 20 kakuna you would then start the game with a kakuna. You can still rotate your pokemon as the entire game will be reset and you can play through again using whatever pokemon you would like.
yepyep.

NewGame+ should be making a return in this version.
It'll basically just reset story progression and pokemon levels.
Normal Items, Pokemon attacks, pokemon stage (evolution), collectables, sidequests, etc will carry over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granturismo4ad View Post
Just finished 0.7a, figured I'd post a few bugs I noticed near the end of the demo.

1) My battle with the corrupt Abra was instead with four Unown, but I still got credit for defeating and capturing the Abra.

Yeah, accidently pointed to the wrong battle. fixed

2) Taught Dragon Claw to my Nidoking, but the moveslot that is supposed to be that move is instead blank with 0 PP cost. There's also a few items in the Mart that are like this as well: a blank line and no cost to purchase.

Interesting. Yeah, looks like dragon claw TM was broken.

3) I may have mentioned this in 0.6, but after defeating a trainer with the Team Switcher, the post-battle experience is credited twice to the non-participating team. Any experience from the battle itself is given correctly, but the experience in the dialog box after the battle is what is given twice.
Ah, cool. fixed

If #2 isn't clear, then I can certainly upload/email my game save it that would help.
All good, I found the errors.

Also, if you're interested, my team after defeating xxLionHeartxx is a lvl 29 Eevee, and lvl 24 Nidoking, Bayleef, Pidgeotto, Beedrill, Bellsprout, and Zubat. I did more than a little bit of grinding, but nothing like Rijon X or something like that

Nice levels! :D

Anyways, I'm loving the rebalancing/restructuring on 0.7 and am looking forward to part b!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos.agent View Post
Well forget my last few posts on making the game the program crashed my laptop and ultimately fried the hard drive and it costed me way too much to fix it so i'm discontinuing the process. Sorry
All good mate.
Old August 12th, 2012, 04:47 AM
TheMrQuit
Egg: It's going to hatch soon!

Nature: Lax
Hi, i'm a new user in this community. I have to say that i love your game, it's really awesome!
I'd like to help you, so I wrote a list of things i have found:
[BUGS-ERRORS]
-Poison status afflicts your pokemon outside the battle even when you navigate through the pc in the pokemon center (When refining items or moving pokemon). (I think this may apply to the radio and the quest log too.) ManMan works as well, so moving in there counts as moving in the overworld.
-There are some small grammar errors in the first encounter with M:"...t(hat) foresee...", there is a missing "," and a ";" that is not necessary. Also there is a phrase with both "," and "that". There might be others.
-Sometimes the position of eevee changes after a battle. As soon as you see the world eevee appears where it was before the battle, but after a second it appears on the opposite side compared to the player. After the ariados battle, it even started walking one space down the player instead of behind him.
-A person says that a GOLEM is in the mountain, but when you defeat tha GEODUDE the game says that GRAVELER devolved into GEODUDE and the achievement screen tells you that you defeated the GOLEM.
-In battle, animations like sand-attack which hits all your pokemon continue working on the pokemon even if it's ko. For example if i have two pokemon, one at the top and the other at the bottom and the second one faints and the enemy pokemon uses sand-attack, the animation will appear at the top and at the bottom, like there is an invisible pokemon in place of the fainted one.
-One of the scientists on the mountain says to you : "Clicking on thoes pillars..." "...to solving the puzzle."
-Sometimes when i select an attack, it doesn't do anything when there are more pokemon ready to attack.
-On the very last sentence of the cut master (when he thanks you) a final "." is missing.
-When you obtain the viruses, it says "viris". The description of the move has also this error.
-"You cannot leave LionHearts domain until Necro dies." M said.
-Pure forms can still take damage from poison (and i think burn as well).

[IDEAS]
-I think it would be better if paralysis make your pokemon attacks slower instead of freezing them because else it's the same as sleep.

I'd love to see the game finished. You are doing an amazing work, this is one of the best pokemon fangames i've ever played. If i'll find something else, i'll tell you.

Good work
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Now you must wonder how bored I am ><

EDIT: No, I didn't just copy paste the whole first post - I spellchecked the whole thing. One or two things may have slipped by, I'm in a rush right now (didn't expect it to take as long as it did).

EDIT2: Added (really) basic CSS, still working on it...

EDIT3: Finished CSS (Does it need a border?) and formatted post. DarkDoom, you really need updated screenies
Spoiler:

Latest Version: 0.7a is finally OUT
Offical Website
Offical Blog

Super Pokémon Eevee Edition (SPEE)

Hey, it's Raonak (Darkdoom3000). You may remember me,
I made Pokémon Illusion back in the day.

Super Pokémon Eevee Edition (SPEE) was made using
RPG Maker 2003 (RM2k3). I'm trying to do things a little differently.
For starters, the game mainly uses Generation 2 assets.
Yep, none of this DPPt or RSE stuff. Secondly, it doesn't use
a traditional Pokémon battle system. It's actually more like a traditional RPG:
You carry up to four Pokémon, which are out at the same time.
The battle also flows in real time. Every Pokémon has a time bar,
and once it fills, you can do an action. The battle system is like the one in FF4-9.

Later in the game, you'll able to carry another 3 Pokémon,
bringing the total Pokémon with you to 7 (but only 4 can battle at a time).

Also, Pokémon can't be caught normally, you have to find and defeat
superpowered versions of the Pokémon (corrupted Pokémon) to catch them.
(As not all Pokémon are avaliable, there are 201 from Gen I-III)

Legendaries cannot be caught, but if you manage to befriend one, you can
summon them to wreak havoc on the battlefield. Yep, the game has summons.

This game doesn't stick to a normal Pokémon storyline. The game knows it's a game.
You have to go defeat the Hypervisors who control the game,
but want to destroy and replace it with a new generation.

(courtesy of mew_nani)

Finally, the namesake of the game. You start off with an Eevee.
Eevee will ALWAYS stay in your party (so Eevee + 3 other Pokémon).
To make up for this, Eevee has the uncanny ability to shift forms.
Entering a cave? Shift into a Vaporeon.
Going to surf the high seas? Shift into a Jolteon.
All of Eevee's forms (yes, even Glaceon and Leafeon) are in the game,
and although you can only transform into a few at first,
your options increase as the game goes on.

Realtime battle system with 4 Pokémon, limit system, summons, equipment.
Essentially it's a Final Fantasy - Pokémon mash-up game.

You gotta wonder, do even the official Pokémon games
have more than 3 paragraphs worth of story?
Here's the non-spoilerish story summary.
Spoiler:

Years ago, The Creator created a world... A world filled with wonderful creatures.
The Creator created Hypervisors to oversee the world for him.
The world of Pokémon was governed by five sub-Hypervisors and one master Hypervisor.
Systems, Death, Environments, and Battle were all under their control.
With the world being managed by the Hypervisors, The Creator made a "4th Wall".
A wall that contains the game. A wall that was built
so no extra code can go in the game... or leak out.

The Creator then left the game. He let the Hypervisors take over the world.
---

You are a normal 16-year-old kid who lives in a normal town.
The local Professor would rather work on important research than give out free Pokémon,
so you go to the old man living in the woods, who was actually the previous professor, Oak.
He gives you an Eevee, but this Eevee is very special. It has a unique
DNA structure which allows it to change into any of its forms.

You've got an awesome form-changing Eevee and your
first gym badge; life couldn't be better in the pixelated world...

But, while wandering through a forest, you get teleported to a strange place.

An entity called "M" speaks to you. M is actually one of the Hypervisors who oversees the world.
"M" explains that a new generation is coming.
The Pokémon count is increasing and the graphics are getting an overhaul.
However, this time, the master Hypervisor wants all existing code to be destroyed.
The world as you know it will be deleted and replaced with a new one.

"M" tasks you and your Eevee have to go on the suicidal quest of killing the gods of the world,
the 5 Hypervisors that run everything.

In one month the world will be wiped out.
In one month Judgment Day will start.
In one month... you will have to be everyone's savior.

(SPEE won Spotlight of the month, thanks all who voted :D)

Basically Pokémon shoved into an traditional RPG frame.
-Retro Graphics: A blast from the past. Gold/Silver/Crystal style graphics.
-Super Eevee: A code modified Eevee which can switch forms at will.
-Limit-break System: Pull off extremely powerful attacks when HP is low.
-4 Pokémon per party
-Reserve team: Later in the game, you'll be able to make a side team which you'll have with you at all times.
-All Pokémon out in battle: All 4 of your Pokémon fights the enemy team.
-Summoning System: Summon powerful legendary Pokémon to wreak havoc in battle.
-Up to 8 enemies in one battle. Be Scared...
-No Pokeballs: Must fight optional bosses or do side-quests to obtain Pokémon.
-Active Battle System: A la Final fantasy (well, most before X).
-Infinite Move-list: Pokémon can learn as many attacks as they want.
-Shared PP: All moves use up PP from one PP pool (Basically MP).
-Direct Machines(DMs): Like TMs, each contain a move, but unlike TMs, any Pokémon can use it inbattle to do a one-time attack.
-Rainbow Tower: A 'golden saucer' like amusement park. With mini-games, quizzes, tournaments, Safari Zone and a specialty shop.
-ManMan Mini-game
-Sidequests: Get TMs, equipment and other useful items by doing tasks for people.
-201 Pokémon catchable from generation 1,2 and 3.
-356 Pokémon battlable: compatible with Pokedex.
-Refining System: Change useless items into powerful ones (like FF8).
-Equipment: Equip items on Pokémon to increase their stats.
-Trophies/Acheivements: Get notifications for completing tasks (like PS360).
-Active Evolution: Some enemy Pokémon can evolve mid-battle, making things more intense.
-Travel to the Code World: It's where the AI's reside. A dimension of graphical errors and odd stuff.
-Graphic Modes: Gain the ability to switch the games graphics. Day, Night, Gen I and Gen III graphics!
-New Game+: Restart your quest while retaining your items, Pokémon and more.
-Shiny Encounter: Encounter enemy shiny Pokémon.
-Shiny Form: If you manage to scan (with a Pokédex) a wild shiny Pokémon, you can change one of your starters into the shiny version!

All the latest posts are posted in this thread and also in the Official Blog

During v0.7, I have been rebalancing a lot of stuff, so progress has regressed.
0.7a will go up to the first hypervisor [2 badges]
0.7b will go up to the second hypervisor [4 badges]
0.7c will go up to the third hypervisor [6 badges] //This is where v0.6 ended.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Super Pokémon Eevee Edition 0.7a

DOWNLOAD | 74 mb

-Mass Rebalance
-Limitbreak System
-Suprise Battles
-Sidequests & Intel
-Waypoints
-Dynamic Map
-Whiteout (no more game over after death)
-and much, much more

A walkthrough can be found on my Google docs, guides page (in my signature).

Raonak (ripping/scripting/mapping/storyline)
Nintendo (for IP)
Gamefreak (for making Pokémon games)
Enterbrain (for making RPGmaker)
Hawk (?) (for making IDraw)
The Spriters Resorce (for ripping sprites)
Sony (Trophy jingle)
Kojima Productions (Sound effects)
SquareEnix (FF8 Music)
Beta Testers here

Last edited by BCKC; August 15th, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Hey I just though I would tell you what seems to be an error in my game wild weedle can use limit break at full hp. I learned this by waiting for the gauge to fill up on all my pokemon had not attacked once and then weedle limit breaks.
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Kitasatina Florarena
Fallen Angel/Kitsune/Vampire

Nature: Quirky
Excuse me Darkdoom, but I encountered two bugs in Version 7a of Super Pokemon Eevee Version- specifically, I can not put bait at the bait spots in Arbor Forest or that bait spot near the Cutter Man's house. The second bug is Oak giving me the "fetch the Flux Compactor" repeatedly- and I end up with unlimited Flux Compactors from several errands. He won't accept the compactors, thus starting the whole cycle all over again. If you're busy, then I understand. Please take care and be safe :3

~Kitasatina
Old August 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

'nother spellcheck.
Spoiler:

Route 1
First person
If you press the Confirm button just after the flash, you will start a surprise battle.
In a surprise, your team will start off with a full ATB bar.

Trainer’s Tip [no dash]

Ventus City
Welcome to Ventus City, [next line]the City of Winds.
Vitamins lady
Oh… ‘Vitamins.’ (close after period)
Fat guy outside academy
The Academy Master will give out [Pokemon is missing accent on e] to anyone who can pass the [test/challenge? Going pass the academy isn’t too hard ]
Herbs salesman
Hey, I’m a travelling (two l’s), I’m selling herbal items.
Could you help me distribute some pamphlets ?
Pamphlet is misspelled for everyone you talk to (including the “you already handed me […])
(To fat guy in front of academy) Some guy wants (no apostrophe) me to give out some pamphlets.
Kid guarding gym
Ventus City Gym is temporarily closed[semicolon] some red[dash]haired kid trashed the place.
Hey, don’t you want a pamphlet?
Master Ninja Kid doesn’t mention pamphlets 
(back to herbs guy)
Unfortunately, I’ve got a big problem. While I wasn’t looking [comma] a Pidgeotto flew away with my box of herbal potions.
One of the arrows pointing to the academy is misaligned
Pokemon academy sign is on both the pillars and the sign, not sure if intentional
(to fat guy who forgot picnic basket) Hah, [lowercase] excellent.
Oh, it was the fat guy talking. You messed up the face sprites
Like I said, my picnic basket is at home[period]. It’s the house on the east side of Ventus City.
HOLY CRAP, WE’RE TESTING THE THIEF FOR STEROIDS! He jumped over a whole house O_O
Here[comma] have the damn basket.
Give [lowercase] picnic basket[question mark]
No notification in upper right corner for completing old rod sidequest
Why would Oak leave his papers in the Storage house?
Haha, DarkDoom, one of the first things I picked up in the game- The Mystrey Berry
It’s quite rude to be riding your bike in the picnic guy’s house, no?
Pokemon Academy
Filled with useless junk[period
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:54 AM
evil jelly
Beginning Trainer

Excuse me i will be downloading this soon, so i was wondering in part b do you start where part a left off of just start form the beggining of the game.
Old August 26th, 2012, 06:49 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Unless it's a patch (looking at you, v6.03), the latest version always starts at the beginning and improves on the version before. Playing on v7b should be fine.
Old August 26th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Drjonass
Beginning Trainer

haha so funny i realy like this one !
Old August 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Darvinism
Beginning Trainer

I understand that this question may be complicated to answer, but I have a Mac and the RGP_RT.exe is not working for me. If you can, can you find a solution for me. I am so eager to play this game, but I cannot.
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM
apletkaiver
lol-o-bot

I have a quick question.
First I just downloaded the 7a beta file and completed it, but I realized that most of the things in the screenies were missing.
Do I have to download a base file and update upwards, or does the 7a include everything already?
Old September 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Demo 7 is a recoding of the entire game to rebalance it, so there is less content than v.603, which should still be downloadable from the original post.
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:52 PM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

I'm glad this game gets updated not alot but... sometimes... lol. i love the gold and silver graphics. those were my favorite old version graphics. also some of the text gets scruntched together and makes it hard to read. like "proffesor Old" the O and l are scruntched together. also the proffesor i said was my spell error not yours. and im having the problem with the soul challenge shutting down game. but i read your reply to the other guy so i guess i'll have to wait.

Last edited by PokeCody; September 8th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:24 PM
MirageLucario
Beginning Trainer

First of all, I do love the game, it looks great and what I have been able to play is really cool. However, I do come across the error in which none of the controls work when I start the game. Unfortunately, the only thing that has remedied this is restarting my wonderful machine but that takes a long time and I really can't afford to do that every time I want to play the game... I did try taking the file from mediafire that you suggested and replacing the old rpg_rt.exe file with that one, but that does not seem to help. Any suggestions?
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:16 PM
pawner7

I was heading towards Imbido Lake when my character stopped moving. Above my character was a girl glitched into the trees. I tried to walk forward, but nothing happened. I am still able to open my inventory and do everything but walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvinism View Post
I understand that this question may be complicated to answer, but I have a Mac and the RGP_RT.exe is not working for me. If you can, can you find a solution for me. I am so eager to play this game, but I cannot.
Get a PC. Everyone knows a Mac sucks for gaming etc. A PC is more reliable, durable, and user friendly. Macs just look nice and make you seem rich.

Last edited by pawner7; September 8th, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawner7 View Post
I was heading towards Imbido Lake when my character stopped moving. Above my character was a girl glitched into the trees. I tried to walk forward, but nothing happened. I am still able to open my inventory and do everything but walk.

Get a PC. Everyone knows a Mac sucks for gaming etc. A PC is more reliable, durable, and user friendly. Macs just look nice and make you seem rich.
Just going to correct that ever so wrong statement. A Mac IS a PC. Macs just have better editing software that other operating systems.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
yaywalter
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawner7 View Post
A PC is more reliable, durable, and user friendly.
Is today opposite day? lol

Seriously, if you don't have any genuinely helpful advice to give, it's best not to give any. Your biased Mac bashing isn't very helpful, especially if Darvinism is unable to simply just go out and buy a PC on a whim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvinism View Post
.exe is a Windows executable, so if you want to be able to run it, you'll either need to install Windows via the Boot Camp Assistant, or install and run Windows via a virtual machine such as VMWare.

VMware has a free trial, which should be long enough for you to try out this game. But unfortunately, you'll still need to also have a copy of Windows, which certainly isn't free. And once you've got a copy of Windows, installing via Boot Camp is IMHO a better option than using a virtual machine, so you might as well forgo VMWare entirely unless you feel like buying it so that you don't have to restart your computer to access Windows.

The cheapest and safest option for buying Windows would be an OEM edition of 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116983

If you've got a newer Mac and know that it's got a 64-bit processor, then a better option would be going with the 64-bit version. Costs the same as the 32-bit, but will be able to better utilize your Mac's hardware:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116986

If you don't buy one of the versions Windows 7 I directly linked you to, and instead opt to try and buy a copy elsewhere, be wary of accidentally buying an Upgrade version. You need a full copy of Windows since you're installing from scratch, an upgrade version won't work.

If you are unable/unwilling to buy a copy of Windows 7, then the best free option would be downloading the Windows 8 Release Preview and installing via Boot Camp Assistant: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...nter_ISO_EN-US

Download the 64-bit version if you know your processor is 64-bit, or download the 32-bit version if you're unsure. Burn the disc image to a blank DVD, then open up Boot Camp Assistant and follow the instructions for installing Windows.

...Anyway, just tried this game out and wow I'm impressed. This game is seriously awesome. It's fun, it's different, it's got an interesting story with occasionally hilarious dialog, It's smooth and stable and just plain epic all around. Bravo.

Last edited by yaywalter; September 8th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

I can't wait for the next update. The waiting is killing me slowly >__<

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Katsumi
Unhatched Egg

Hey! Just want to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your game! I think an idea of a Super Eevee is AWESOME~

I absolutely love your graphics! Although, when I entered M's domain (?) I went up to one of the RSE Pokeballs, and got stuck. Is it meant to do that?

Tip
Quote:
If you're stuck at the girl in the trees, and if you didn't save prior to that, well, you're lost. Only thing left to do is make a new game.

But if you did, you can exit the game and get on that save. But be careful to WALK ALONG the trees when you approach the girl!

And please fix the glitch. It's making SEVERAL people unhappy.
Also, I see that YOUR game screen isn't really 8bit whereas mine is. Can you tell me how to make it smaller so it's only 1 pix and not 2?
Other than that and a few grammar errors, I really like your game! I will check for updates. :cer_love: C:

Yours truly,
Katsumi (later xMeganium)
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
Hey! Just want to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your game! I think an idea of a Super Eevee is AWESOME~

I absolutely love your graphics! Although, when I entered M's domain (?) I went up to one of the RSE Pokeballs, and got stuck. Is it meant to do that?

Tip

Also, I see that YOUR game screen isn't really 8bit whereas mine is. Can you tell me how to make it smaller so it's only 1 pix and not 2?
Other than that and a few grammar errors, I really like your game! I will check for updates. :cer_love: C:

Yours truly,
Katsumi (later xMeganium)
Where is the girl who causes the crash and what is the error?
Also, just to be sure, which map is the RSE Pokeball in?

(And if you meant windowed mode, F4)
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
HagiruSato
Created Pokémon... by accident

Nature: Timid
How were you able to make Eevee follow you?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links