The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 573 69.37%
Alright! 129 15.62%
Average 58 7.02%
Awful.. 16 1.94%
Abomination.... 50 6.05%
Voters: 826. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
Fixed this, does it actually appear as a seel in the storage?
it appears as seel, with the sprite and menu icon, but when I withdrew it in my party it was psyduck (sprite and I dont like it so I havent tested it out, but it probably has his stats, though iunno what he is supposed to have so its a moot point

Quote:
Best way to think of it would be like getting candy, but being unable to eat is yet. When shinyfying gets implemented you will be able to cash in the shiny fragments that you obtain by scanning shiny pokemon. -speaking of which... just encountered a shiny on my current playthrough :D
Whatcha mean cash in? you mean selling it? thats sort of cool I suppose - But I'd prefer it is james looked cool
and congratulation, now you know how I feel that it was a moral victory instead of an actual one

Quote:
Weird. I actually think this happened to be once, but i just quit and relaunched the game and it seemed to fix it.
The fact that it screwes up the menu means it's probably an executable problem. So try relaunching it. If that doesn't work, restart your computer?
it was really weird, it kept doing that no matter what I did, I tried er installing it and stuff, and even did it to the previous version I forgot I had un-extracted as well, but the same thing happened there too

what ended up happening was I turned off my comp before I went to bed and started the game this morning, which appearently fixed it - so I suppose restarting the comp is the fix for it

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Last edited by Saving Raven; August 22nd, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Wait... version exclusives? :O
I thought the "ROM patcher" was a joke referring to everyone who asked which game to patch this over. Anyway, is it really necessary? I mean, we can't trade Pokemon so it kinda seems like a cheap way to include more obtainable Pokemon without creating events for them. Just my two cents.

Nice to see that replies are flowing back again ^-^
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Another small error is in the Pokedex, if you go to Generation 2 the Game freeze's in darkness.
I tested it twice and it happened both times.

Also on a side-note you may want to update the first page with all the exclusive pokemon that belong to each version since I am having a hard time locating the original. (Not that it matters that much)

Also on a side-note rereading the first page tells me there is a New Game+ can you please tell me if it is still available and if so how can I activate it?

Last edited by rajvir; August 22nd, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
I thought the "ROM patcher" was a joke referring to everyone who asked which game to patch this over. Anyway, is it really necessary? I mean, we can't trade Pokemon so it kinda seems like a cheap way to include more obtainable Pokemon without creating events for them. Just my two cents.

+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
Also on a side-note you may want to update the first page with all the exclusive pokemon that belong to each version since I am having a hard time locating the original. (Not that it matters that much)
Quote:
Beed doing a good amount of progress lately.

Im gonna spend a bit of time explaining the 2 versions of the game.

ALPHA & OMEGA

like tradtional pokemon games, SPEE will now come in 2 versions. Alpha Version and Omega Version. When you start a new game, you'll be assigned a version (though there is a way to actually select the specific version you want)

These don't change much, but they do change some wild pokemon, and some of the Pokémon you can obtain.
for instance, in route 2, you can obtain a nidoran. In Alpha version it'll be a nidoran female. while in omega version you'll find a nidoran male. In academy garden: alpha you'll obtain a weedle while in omega you'll obtain a caterpie. in route 8. alpha = phanpy. omega = sandshrew

you'll be able to do ingame NPC trades to swap the pokemon for alternate versions if you want. but it doesnt mean it'll count as new pokemon. it doesn't. Theres 201 pokemon obtainable. regardless of version.

Here's the full pokedex.
Spoiler:

I've updated Amplus City, it's now about 50% larger, and will be jam packed with sidequests. an arcade. other nonsense. (dojo will probably be moved down aswell.)

IMAGE:
Spoiler:

And the new Amplus Sewers. All games needs sewer levels. no exceptions. You'll find a few useful items down here, in addition to a corrupted grimer (alpha only)

IMAGE:
Spoiler:
here ya go you two

Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Here ye go!

The patch I promised, hopefully it fixes more bugs than it introduces.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z3...5D_0.74(2).zip

Download->Extract->Copy contents->Paste in 'Pokemon Eevee Beta 0.72' folder->Overwrite YES

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Here ye go!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2g...ch%5D_0.74.zip

Download->Extract->Copy contents->Paste in 'Pokemon Eevee Beta 0.72' folder->Overwrite YES
OH MY GOD
YAY, I am stopping everything I'm doing - all of my production to play this now

You left your save files in there

Last edited by Saving Raven; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
OH MY GOD
YAY, I am stopping everything I'm doing - all of my production to play this now

You left your save files in there
AH goddddddddam. saves. and fulltime error back in force. fixing link gimmie a sec.

Fixed.... hopefully
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z3c27vb6ax3c621/Pokemon_Eevee_%5BPatch%5D_0.74(2).zip

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; August 22nd, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Saving Raven

all the time I spent today...and its not even like your pokemon are as good - Mine were WAY better...

SSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, guess Its back to trying to break your game...
I already looked through my recycle bin BTW, but I'm assuming it "replaced them" as in permanently deleted them...

Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
DarkDoom3000

OH god.... your saves are all gone!?

I am eternally sorry
My automatic sync program just put every new/updated file into a new folder, which i zipped up. unfortuantely... it did take the saves with them.
I got careless.

If you want, I can convert my save file into something more like yours if you life- just tell me the hero name, rival name, crystal's name, and what pokemon you had and their levels.

it should be as close as I could make it to your saves
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Thelegendaryhunter0

when i applied the patch my nidorino turn into nidorina but i lost both cross poison and spark from nidorino i had before
and now i have a nidrino again but without cross poison and spark
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
DarkDoom3000

Yeah, probably should have warned that problematic pokemon (psyduck, drowsee, nidorans, oddish/bellsprout, weedle/caterpie) would be reset, as to fix them up. (level stays the same though)

so how did the nidorina turn back into a nidorino?

Also if you apply the patch, and have warped to the chapter 4 parts of the game by entering mt atlas, you can find special pokeballs in route 10, 9 and ferreus city, which will take you back to the eastern side of ros lake. Basically, if you encountered jasmine and the wounded snubbull before night mode, then yeah. click dem pokeballs.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; August 22nd, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
DragonChalice

Nature: Mild
Might just be my game but the Saw Dust Quest is glitched. It says I have 98/99 pieces but in my inventory it shows 99. (And if the counter went above 100 I'd probably have ~150). The Belt Refining Items (Novice and Professional) are both glitched unusable. (Black Belt is spelled B;ack as well)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

I know I kinda have a whole gdocs now, but...
When interacting with objects, responses switch between first and third person. A small annoyance, but I feel the third person bits take away from the RPG experience, pulling away from the character's perspective. I really enjoy the humor you put into the first person reactions, though. (Numbers from Lost? What has Oak been doing on his computer? )
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:10 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Spoiler:

the map IMO shoudl cover the hole region not a portion of the center

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Saving Raven

drowzee didnt look corrupted, he looked normal, as did hypno - luckily there was no complications with him ^ ^

Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckleslucifer View Post
Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure DarkDoom isn't quite done with the map.
Keep in mind that this is not a finished game.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

@Saving Raven
Thanks you for showing me the quote with the pics.

Also @DarkDoom3000
You likely missed this so I will repeat it.
I was rereading the first page and it tells me there is a New Game+ can you please tell me if it is still available and if so how can I activate it?

Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
@Saving Raven
Thanks you for showing me the quote with the pics.

Also @DarkDoom3000
You likely missed this so I will repeat it.
I was rereading the first page and it tells me there is a New Game+ can you please tell me if it is still available and if so how can I activate it?
if I remember correctly it exists in mors village (/town/city o.O)
you get it later in the game because it resets the game, while keeping your pokemon and stuff - whether or not it exists in the new version is beyond me, I'm currently working on breaking his game >:D so I'll let ya know my finds

as for breaking your game, Doom, I found that (after you initiate night) you end up in the area near that broken gave or w/e, the problem existing is when you enter the cave you're in the cave like you should be - but when you leave the map is different - any reason why? it especially pissed me off because I encountered a shiny!! its like your game doesnt want me to have shiny pokemon >:l so it must be broken!!

I also would like to comment on the improvement to the day/night sytem and how you went about giving it to the player - it was a very great time and a terrific way of implementing it!

Spoiler:
I liek that there be dragons :I

LMAO, all glory to the hypnotoad

Last edited by Saving Raven; August 23rd, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Thelegendaryhunter0

Quote:

so how did the nidorina turn back into a nidorino?
it just happened randomly. now when ever i withdraw nidorina i get nidorino
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:41 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
it appears as seel, with the sprite and menu icon, but when I withdrew it in my party it was psyduck (sprite and I dont like it so I havent tested it out, but it probably has his stats, though iunno what he is supposed to have so its a moot point

Whatcha mean cash in? you mean selling it? thats sort of cool I suppose - But I'd prefer it is james looked cool
and congratulation, now you know how I feel that it was a moral victory instead of an actual one

it was really weird, it kept doing that no matter what I did, I tried er installing it and stuff, and even did it to the previous version I forgot I had un-extracted as well, but the same thing happened there too

what ended up happening was I turned off my comp before I went to bed and started the game this morning, which appearently fixed it - so I suppose restarting the comp is the fix for it
NOOOO- DO NOT SELL THE SHINY FRAGMENT!
Basically, heres how shinyfying will work:
See shiny Pokemon -> pokedex -> shiny fragment generated.

in future versions....
Go to prof [oak, elm or cid] -> use shinyfying machine to turn one of your (fully evolved) pokemon into a shiny version.

Your PM did make me want to implement your idea of having more badass pokemon forms.
Thought it would take too much work having both shiny forms and corrupted forms.... so... in SPEE shiny pokemon will not look exactly like official shiny pokemon. they'll look a little bit more like the corrupted versions.

Quote:

thanks- nice to see this thread active again

yeah, you are right, I did it as a way to cheapily add more pokemon, but cheapily in the fact that it doesn't add more "heroes". RPGmaker2003 is a POS in that adding too much heroes kills performance. (because every hero is kept in ram for some god forsaken reason)
Thats why the whole concept of corrupted pokemon even exists in the first place - because i couldn't add all pokemon to be catchable, so pokeballs had to go.

I basically took similar pokemon and grouped them together for version exclusiveness. Plus it makes it more.... variety. like, so, for example, if you do NG+, you'll encounter wild pokemon of the other version.
In the next version, i'll be implementing NPC trading, so you'll be able to get the alternate version pokemon. (it doesn't effect the pokedex, trading pokemon doesn't mean your "obtained pokemon" count increases. it means you don't need to trade. ever.

originally the rom patcher was just a joke. But I wanted to give players a way of choosing which version to get, and since the version determining needed to happen before the game started, the rom hacking sequence seemed like the perfect place to implement it.sooo-- before the rom patching fully begins, you can press shift and choose from a list of "roms" to patch. If you select pokemon gold, you get alpha version. If pokemon silver, you get omega versions. worked out quite well :D

Funnily enough, making version exclusives is actually more work than normal corrupted pokemon, because I still have to make the corrupted pokemon sprites, all the events and everything that goes into making a normal pokemon- But in addition to that have to implement trading.

Quote:

Also on a side-note rereading the first page tells me there is a New Game+ can you please tell me if it is still available and if so how can I activate it?
here ye go, I'll add it to the first page when I do a revamp on the first page.

in 0.72 - you only have oppotinuity to get
(ALPHA) - weedle, bellsprout, nidoranF, grimer, psyduck and phanpy

(OMEGA) - caterpie, oddish, nidoranM, electrike and sandshrew.

you can check the version of your game via the trainer id

Also, speaking of corrupted pokemon, Crystal is a LOT more helpful now if you call her. She will tell you the locations of corrupted pokemon that you havent caught, and also filters her response depending on which chapter you are in, so she won't tell you about corrupted pokemon you can't reach yet.
Very handy for hunting corrupted pokemon.

And about NG+, I forgot that I didn't put it back in. I'll be back in the next version.
And a little bit more expanded. which i'll go into more detail when its completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChalice View Post
Might just be my game but the Saw Dust Quest is glitched. It says I have 98/99 pieces but in my inventory it shows 99. (And if the counter went above 100 I'd probably have ~150). The Belt Refining Items (Novice and Professional) are both glitched unusable. (Black Belt is spelled B;ack as well)
cool, fixed all 3 problems. I apperently had 2 different sawdust items programmed in, and you get one kind from cutting trees, but the quest is counting the different one.

Quote:
I know I kinda have a whole gdocs now, but...
When interacting with objects, responses switch between first and third person. A small annoyance, but I feel the third person bits take away from the RPG experience, pulling away from the character's perspective. I really enjoy the humor you put into the first person reactions, though. (Numbers from Lost? What has Oak been doing on his computer? )
Fair point. I'll commit more to first person person and phase out third person responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckleslucifer View Post

I do agree, I left a lot of open space so I could fill in with postgame content if need be. So hopefully by the time im fully done with the game, it should have stuff there.

Quote:
drowzee didnt look corrupted, he looked normal, as did hypno - luckily there was no complications with him ^ ^
Oh, you are indeed right. I forgot to make a corrupted sprite for them. :O will fix asap.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure DarkDoom isn't quite done with the map.
Keep in mind that this is not a finished game.
Indeed, the current map is based off story progression, so nearly every place in the (current) region map is traversed through the story. there'll be optional/bonus areas of the game coming later that you can get to via train/boat- which will fill up the northen and southern parts of the region.

Quote:
if I remember correctly it exists in mors village (/town/city o.O)
you get it later in the game because it resets the game, while keeping your pokemon and stuff - whether or not it exists in the new version is beyond me, I'm currently working on breaking his game >:D so I'll let ya know my finds

as for breaking your game, Doom, I found that (after you initiate night) you end up in the area near that broken gave or w/e, the problem existing is when you enter the cave you're in the cave like you should be - but when you leave the map is different - any reason why? it especially pissed me off because I encountered a shiny!! its like your game doesnt want me to have shiny pokemon >:l so it must be broken!!

I also would like to comment on the improvement to the day/night sytem and how you went about giving it to the player - it was a very great time and a terrific way of implementing it!

Spoiler:
I liek that there be dragons :I

LMAO, all glory to the hypnotoad
OH NOES. Was kinda dumb of me to not check both exists of that goddamm cave. fixed now.
On the plus side, you can still go through sola forest-route8 and reach ferreus town- then so not completely gamebreaking. probably just wholly confusing and adds annoying backtracking.

Thanks, i totally agree about the night mode. it's much more streamlined.

I love coming up with trophy names. That one is definetly one of my favourites :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelegendaryhunter0 View Post
it just happened randomly. now when ever i withdraw nidorina i get nidorino
Odd... Can you go into the menu and select stats, and check what species the nidorino/a is?

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; August 23rd, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:58 AM
frankiesay

Soo I just finished playing through the most recent update, and the following patch and I was amazed! Since the last time I played the game, the changes in the recent updates are so vast it felt like a brand new experience.

The day/night change is great, and I hope that it contributes towards future captures/events/side-quests. Nice to see that broken Oak side-quest was fixed too, but while playing through the sawdust collecting quest still won't complete. Also, upon further inspection in the achievements screen, "sawdust" is labelled "stardust". I've also found a glitch in the trophy section too: if you select the Aipom quest, then it won't let you de-select it. Might just be me, but it has happened on multiple save-files so thought you ought to know!

I wanted to ask... is there any form of prize for collecting every trophy in one section, or for getting a certain amount of points on your trainer ID? Also, is the game-corner/activity thing going to have an exchange section in the new update. And will the next released sections have higher wild pokemon levels and trainer levels-- haven't had much of a challenge in a while (I am not sure if I am overlevelled or if the game is just not too tricky yet.)

Oh! And is there anywhere I can find a moon stone? Sorry if this has been asked already.

Lastly, I just want to say how enjoyable and amazing this game is to play through!

EDIT: Wanted to end positively, but I may have just stumbled on to a glitch. I refined items into the Solarbeam TM and as soon as I confirmed the process, my game crashed. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if it was already known?

Last edited by frankiesay; August 24th, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiesay View Post
I refined items into the Solarbeam TM and as soon as I confirmed the process, my game crashed. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if it was already known?
speaking of TM's I got all the fuel (all 3 needed) to make firepunch, and when i tried to I couldnt make it, but it was highlighted and showed up as "able to be refined" and it wouldnt work and stuff - of course I've never been big on refining, so I'm quite new at the whole process it could just be me

Old August 24th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Can it be? Is it truly back? Well, downloading the new version now and will proceed to try and break it like everyone else.

After the first visit to M, you can't jump over the ledge, is this intentional? Also, directly after, "Destroyed" not "Destroied."

Okay, I download the version 0.724 and right now in the Team Rocket takeover, it crashed, just after I beat the Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Silver walked up and it froze. Nevermind, I needed to patch it. No, it did freeze, even after applying the patch, right after Silver shows up and defeating the Nidos.

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2

Last edited by Lockmaster24; August 24th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:33 PM
SkewingLife

I love, love the game! Wished it wasn't in beta stage, haha.

However, I seemed to come across a glitch. It occurred when I beat Wedge and Bigg (love that ol' FF reference) for the third time and Silver just came in. After that, it just stuck, frozen. No speaking line or nothing. Just froze, with music playing.

It stayed like that for a good, long while, pfft. (Will provide a print screen upon request, hopefully through PM or whatnot. Being an new member, I cannot post any URL just yet, fff.)

Do I need to wait longer for the scene to proceed or something?

Everything before that I hadn't hit any glitch.

I really wanna keep playing, haha. You, Sir DarkDoom3000, did a good work! Hope you will keep at it and one day finish it.
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkewingLife View Post
I love, love the game! Wished it wasn't in beta stage, haha.

However, I seemed to come across a glitch. It occurred when I beat Wedge and Bigg (love that ol' FF reference) for the third time and Silver just came in. After that, it just stuck, frozen. No speaking line or nothing. Just froze, with music playing.

It stayed like that for a good, long while, pfft. (Will provide a print screen upon request, hopefully through PM or whatnot. Being an new member, I cannot post any URL just yet, fff.)

Do I need to wait longer for the scene to proceed or something?

Everything before that I hadn't hit any glitch.

I really wanna keep playing, haha. You, Sir DarkDoom3000, did a good work! Hope you will keep at it and one day finish it.
unpatched version, guy
if you scrolled up a few posts you'd have seen
Quote:
Here ye go!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z3...5D_0.74(2).zip

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links