The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 588 69.75%
Alright! 131 15.54%
Average 58 6.88%
Awful.. 16 1.90%
Abomination.... 50 5.93%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:24 AM
ChaosZakkimon
Beginning Trainer

You have commanded replies, so here I am. :D

Anyway, very nice. I like what you have done with the extent to the original RM2k3 battle system to make it look more pokemony. How the battles on your side could be set up more in a diamond form as well. like how the other team is set up, but I'm guess thats the best you could do, if I remember correctly, with RM2k3.
Defiantly subscribing and will help with the testing as soon as I have more time :D
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:01 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
^ Thanks. The hero formation is automated. I cant really change it without disabling automatic formation.

Update

11/11/10

Progress Update
Im doing decent progress. I've decided I'll be polishing up where im currently up to. adding more events, sidequests and pokemon. I don't really want to advance with much mapping too much.

Media Update
EDIT: I made a video of the first 7 mins of the game.

Map Update
Just mapped out and connected Route 9 and 10.
-Route 9 is a pretty standard route. Theres a locked house with 3 padlocks. The keys are found in neibouring routes. Unlocking the house gives you a rareish item (leaf stone right now- may change at a later stage)

-Route 10 is rough terrain. Panphys, sandshrews and skarmories are found there. You can also find a corrupted phanpy that you can catch.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; November 11th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:33 AM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
From what I'm getting out of the video, you need to wait a bit before you can attack again? Aren't you supposed to see the enemy's healthbar? Also when Eevee evolves into let's say Jolteon, learns 'Pin Missile', what will happen when that Eevee evolves into Vaporeon?
Going on to the tiles, the house still has white at the edges. The mountain has brown edges too, on the first screen all the way down.
This might be the only game I like with old tiles. =P

Old November 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
DarkDoom3000

thanks for the questions.

The battle system is actually the RM2k3 default battle system. which is essentially the FF4-9 battle system. Meaning you have to wait for your action bar to fill up. The upside is that you'll have all 4 pokemon out at the same time.

Health bars for the enemies... It's not really possible to do in the battle system due to pictures not being allowed. And there can be up to 8 enemeis at a time, so it would make it cluttered anyway. You can't really catch pokemon with pokeballs, so theres no need to worry about health anyway.

The different forms of eevee act inderpendently. They all have different stats and attacks. The only thing they share is level/exp

All the forms learn moves at specific levels.
Jolteon learns pin missile at level 43, none of the other forms get THAT attack. But they learn other moves. Flareon learns fire fang at level 43, Leafeon learns giga drain, espeon learns future sight.
So if one forms levels up and learns a move, it means that all the other form now have a new move too.

Applies to TMs aswell, if you teach one form an attack, the other forms wouldn't have learned it. Unlike level based attacks, the other forms don't get an alternate.

nice job poining out the tiles, ill be fixing them asap.

thanks for the intrest in the game :)
------------
finished up some more cave events. Gastly is now catchable. I'm currently making "cursed items" event. Will post full update tommorow.
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
abcmanx2
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
i have only played a litter and i will post back when i finish it but i got only two problems one the fonts for the words some time hard to see and two there are no options for the game like buttons and sound.

oh i forgot when i changed forms in menu i turned invaluable and could do nothing.

Last edited by abcmanx2; November 12th, 2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM
DarkDoom3000

Yeah- thats a glitch that happens if when changing forms, you select the form you already have. Just use the tetra element and choose any eevee form to get your eevee back.

check the help file included, it should exlain how to fix the fonts.
Buttons and sound options are locked by RPGmaker. so i cant really change it :|
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:06 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

I really like that factor. But how many moves can a Pokemon learn?

Old November 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM
DarkDoom3000

Infinte movelists. Theres no limit to how many attacks any pokemon can learn. :)

It's because Moves are treated as Magic from traditional RPGs. Theres really no limit.
Pokemon will naturally learn 10-15 moves. And theres (currently) 68 TMs. So you can have pokemon with a variety of moves.
Downside is that PP acts like MP. It's shared between all moves.

EDIT: A glitch in the current demo will mean you'll have to catch 3 pokemon (evolutions not included) for oak to call you and give you a Levla Stone (used for evolving)

69 awesomes!!! ... *giggles*

EDIT2: New Update :D

UPDATE [13/11/10]

Progress Update

Im hoping to have version 0.4 out in about 2 weeks. hopefully earlier. The jump from v0.25 to v0.40 doesnt mean it will be a huge content update. It just indicates my progress due to the storyline reformation. So while before I was a quater way done.

Version 0.4 will focus more on sidequests and content rather than story progression. I want there to be something to do in every town. more variety of wild pokemon

my estimates of total progress are..
Mapping- 50%
Systems- 60%
Database- 87%

Story Scripting- 40%
Pokemon- 50%
Badges- 60% (4/8 badges completed. 5th in development)
AIs- 40%

So around 50-60%
(but next version will be v0.4 - giving me 20% leeway)

Event Update

In the ~cave of the dammed~ you'll see a bunch of bones lying around. There will also be a path which is mysteriously blocked. If you talk to the village sage, she will inform you that there are restless sprits blocking the deeper parts of the cave. To calm them down, you need to bury the bones.

Anyways, after calming down the sprits, you gain access to the deeper parts of the cave- where a corrupted gengar lies wait. (it's actually the haunter that you fight earlier, but evolved)

-----------------------------------
Feature Update

I used to have a basic day/night system for storyline purposes. It just used to change the time of day in a specific forest. The time of day would change depending on the number of pokemon battles (even = day/ odd = night) and was only used in the forest....
Well. I've decided to expand upon it. As of v0.4; you can actually use the Day/Night system item. By using it, you'll be asked if you want to activate the day/night system. doing so(and going to another map) will cause the map to go into night mode.

Its just a visual effect. But ill be adding some pokemon which can only be caught in the dark (random enemies won't change in the night though. just event pokemon) EG: a wild pineco can be found

;) stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; November 13th, 2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 13th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Well, I just kicked Necros butt, and will be tackling the rest of the beta tomorrow, this game is so awesome, keep it up!!!!!

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old November 13th, 2010, 06:51 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nice! Update is cool, this progressing fast. Only a few days ago you had another update. But I think I'll wait till you got v0.6, or something before I start playing. Stopping mid way is not cool.
Also that corrupted Gengar, why does it says after the battle "Obtained Gastly"?

Old November 14th, 2010, 01:37 PM
OtherAlias
Just another alias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2hack View Post
Nice! Update is cool, this progressing fast. Only a few days ago you had another update. But I think I'll wait till you got v0.6, or something before I start playing. Stopping mid way is not cool.
Also that corrupted Gengar, why does it says after the battle "Obtained Gastly"?
That's how you obtain pokemon in this game. There are no pokeballs, so you fight corupted pokemon and when you defeat them they join your party and revert back to their base form.
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Yea, bu I might you fought a Gengar, why do it say Gastly after the battle?

Old November 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
Well, I just kicked Necros butt, and will be tackling the rest of the beta tomorrow, this game is so awesome, keep it up!!!!!
Thanks, nice to see you like it :)

Quote:
Thanks, yeah, i know what you mean, thats I shortened the stortyline so I can get to the full release (1.0) ASAP. Nothing more innoying than getting a "To be continued"

If it helps, Save games are forward compatible, so they *should* work of future versions, and 0.4 will include a New Game+ (which seems rare in pokemon games) Where all your pokemon will reset to level 1 (but will keep moves) so if you wanted to play more, you technically can. I've enabled it so that you can activated this at any time. So if you stop playing the game, then come back to it, and forget the storyline, you can use newgame+ to re-experience everything.

Quote:
Yea, bu I might you fought a Gengar, why do it say Gastly after the battle?
As otheralias said, after you fight a corrupted pokemon they revert to their base form, It says "Gengar devolved into Gastly" and then "Obtained Gastly" I just didn't bother screencapping it.Ya know. some people might like the base forms of their pokemon more.

And if you're wondering, no you don't need to trade to evolve.
Gastly -Lv25-> Haunter -Lv42-> Gengar

-----
EDIT

UPDATE [15/11/10]
Just a minor-ish update today.

Pokemon Update
Added in a few more pokemon that you'll be able to catch in 0.4
I've already shown the bone grave sidequest and Gengar, there will also be...

Oinx: which will be a forced boss battle in the ferreus mines,
Aron: (GASP! gen3) Optional boss in the mines.
Snubull: A kid on route 9 will sell it if you have 5 badges.
Phanpy: Route 10. optional boss.
Poliwag: Must fish in the spot in Route 4 (i've also changed so that totodiles must be fished for too, at imbibo lake though.)
also im currently adding
Pineco: Found at night, at a location im still currently deciding.
Diglett: In the connecting caves.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; November 14th, 2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
I have a question, will all the Pokemon from the first two generations be available in the final versions?

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Mirby
Former IRC Maid

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Mirby Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mirby Send a message via Yahoo to Mirby Send a message via Skype™ to Mirby
YAAAAAAAY~ Update!! I'm happy about this! ^.^

Keep up the good work; I was afraid this project had died...
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Jameska
'Cuz God doesn't take sides.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Jameska
Perfect example of an under-estimated game. Love it.
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:45 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
I have a question, will all the Pokemon from the first two generations be available in the final versions?
No, majority of them will be though. I'm a 1 man team, and I want to finish the game first. There will be around 158 pokemon(63 families) as of release, then I'll be adding more, post-1.0
Heres the first version of the list of catchable pokemon in the game.
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1592/speepokemon.png

You can request pokemon if you want, and I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirby View Post
YAAAAAAAY~ Update!! I'm happy about this! ^.^

Keep up the good work; I was afraid this project had died...
Thanks, I was buzy with uni work so didn't get much time to do stuff.
But now my summer break has started. so hopefully I'll get a lot done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameska View Post
Perfect example of an under-estimated game. Love it.
Thanks ;), view-to-reply ratio isnt too bad.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; November 15th, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 06:36 PM
ChaosZakkimon
Beginning Trainer

This is awesome. Really trying not to play the game until full version 1 is out and then I'm defiantly doing a playthrough on youtube for it.
For the pokemon shown on the image that you posted, is that "catchable" pokemon or all the pokemon that will be in the game?
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM
DarkDoom3000

Yeah, that the planned catchable pokemon. over 1/2 of them are catchable by 0.4
Its pretty balanced, contains different pokemon of different types. sneaking in some 3rd gen ones too.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
saifors

*looks at list of catchable pokémon* *gasp* OMG it's mew so thankfull you added it :D
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:45 AM
The Angry Bean :]

Nature: Quirky
And I must say, I am really enjoying it. I absolutely adore the story line, and the achievement feature is too cool. The only two things I have problems with (and it's all personal preference..) is the music (It doesn't give me that Pokemon feel... But Iunno if that's what your going for?), and I can't really tell what level my opponent is and how much Hp they have left... It's more click and guess work for me, then actually knowing what's going on. lol. If you could explain how to tell what level they are and such, that'd be great. :]

Even so, I am enjoying this game very much. I have not finished the demo yet, but I plan to very soon.
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
"There will be around 158 pokemon(63 families) as of release"

I think even that's a LOT :D
Anyway, just saw this project a week ago or so and haven't played it yet but I probably will when you have the 0.40 release up

So, keep going !

Edit:
Can the pokemon actually evolve in the game ?

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:15 PM
OtherAlias
Just another alias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post

Anyway, just saw this project a week ago or so and haven't played it yet but I probably will when you have the 0.40 release up

So, keep going !

Edit:
The pokemon do evolve but not by the traditional way seen in the main games, the evolve by an item; levla stone(and possibly others that I haven't encountered yet). It's similar to an evolution rock, such as fire stone, but the pokemon would need to be the level they'd be to evolve traditionally, i.e a Gastly level 25 would need to use levla stone to evolve into Haunter. So in a sense, evolution in SPEE requires two components; level and item.
Old November 24th, 2010, 01:49 AM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifors View Post
*looks at list of catchable pokémon* *gasp* OMG it's mew so thankfull you added it :D
Mew can learn all TMs, and you have an infinte movelist, so not including mew would be a real missed oppotinuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Bean :] View Post
And I must say, I am really enjoying it. I absolutely adore the story line, and the achievement feature is too cool. The only two things I have problems with (and it's all personal preference..) is the music (It doesn't give me that Pokemon feel... But Iunno if that's what your going for?), and I can't really tell what level my opponent is and how much Hp they have left... It's more click and guess work for me, then actually knowing what's going on. lol. If you could explain how to tell what level they are and such, that'd be great. :]

Even so, I am enjoying this game very much. I have not finished the demo yet, but I plan to very soon.
Thanks, the soundtrack is from FF8; the best RPG evr. I've never been fond of pokemon music. FF music is more dramatic. But it's not everyones cup of tea. I'll give instructions how to change it.

I cant display enemy HP, but I can display enemy names, which include the enemy level. Downside is it will disable the autobattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post

Anyway, just saw this project a week ago or so and haven't played it yet but I probably will when you have the 0.40 release up ;)

So, keep going !

Edit:
Thanks, to add to otheralias' response, Evolutionary stones do exist in the game, Pikachu needs thunderstone, nidorino needs moonstone, etc. They just need to be equiped on the pokemon and they'll start the evolution process. Unlike the Levla Stone, these are one time use only.

Tyrouge will evolve into a random evolution when given the levla stone @ Lv20. But you can get the evolution you want by equiping with another item.
Boxing Gloves -> hitmonchan
Spring -> hitmonlee
Spinning Top -> hitmontop
The items can be obtained by defeating the enemy versions of the evolutions (which you do at the Iron Fist dojo, where you obtain tyrouge)

--------

Update [24/11/10]

Progress Update
I've just finished the Jasmine event and Gym Battle. Im basically finished the core update. Now I just need to do some small tweaks and testing for gamebreaking events. v0.4 would be finished this weekend, but I'm picking up Gran Turismo 5 tommorow. So that target is unlikely. Probably mid/late next week.

Screens

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; November 24th, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old November 24th, 2010, 06:15 AM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nice, a new update, I'll be waiting for the new release. =]

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links