The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Old July 3rd, 2010, 02:59 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Part two of the Daybreak Town Contest.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
I must admit, this was a pretty interesting episode. Ursula's Plusle and Minun meant business! It's just too bad that Jesselina lost to them, especially with that Silver Wind/Poison Tail combo and the Sonic Boom/Haze combo.

Plusle and Minun attacks look like fireworks when they land. Strong attacks with style!

It looked more like Ursula was torturing her opponents with the moves.

That move Encore is pretty impressive! Only using the last attack over and over until the effect wears out, unthinkable!

"Diamond Dandruff" strikes again! I thought Dawn was going to quit for sure by freaking out.

Even though she pulled off that Flame Ice move successfully, I still think she got lucky. Plusle and Minun had great attacks. She was saved by the clock. I kind of wanted Ursula to win, if not Jesselina.

9.5/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Watching this episode made me think about one thing:

How horrible the name Flame Ice is.

Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Samike360
Lover of May

Wow, Encore was a really great move for contests. Was that the first time we've seen it in the anime?

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samike360 View Post
Wow, Encore was a really great move for contests. Was that the first time we've seen it in the anime?
I think so.

Overall a pretty good episode. Good comeback by Dawn. About time she got that fifth ribbon.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
Ursula really should have been kicked out early, her Plusle and Minun only have electric attacks. She should have lost points for continuously using spark and charge beam on Mammoswine. Also her excuse that you only won because of the time, well isn't that the whole point? Some coordinator she turned out to be.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old July 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

^ It would've been mega cool if she beat Dawn at least once before heading into the Grand Festival. Poor girl can't beat her.
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
Watching this episode made me think about one thing:

How horrible the name Flame Ice is.
Yeah, you do have a point there. The name is so obvious. Dawn clearly didn't think through the name for this Contest technique. What about Fiery Glacier, or Frozen Fire? Anything but Flame Ice!

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

^ Flame Ice only takes up two mouth flaps though so it must make it easier for the dubbers.
Old July 4th, 2010, 06:18 PM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
Flame Ice is pretty lame, but her victory is right in Dues Ex Machina territory ("You can do it", "I believe in you", "Your strength is from the heart" speeches kinda give it that feel).

But I'd much rather have my Scrappy win than the Libby.

I hate Ursula. So very, very much.
She's a character designed so that nobody loves her, honestly.

She's only ever done one redeeming thing, and that's not happening for another 6-10 weeks in the US, so I'll keep my mouth shut. :#
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- lol the art if funny when Jessie loses
- "That's it! Time!" I'm getting the feeling they didn't translate that well
- I've just noticed Ursula has wide hips, it's nice to see girl anime characters that aren't sticks apart from their chests
- Gotta love the RBY Champion theme
- lol, Dawn looked like Brock when she crouched down

Music kept:

All :D
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I_Want_Your_Love
Cynthia is correct.

Nature: Mild
i liked it, i think i may be the only person who likes Ursula too :p
i loved her strategy for the battle portion and was tons better, but of course Dawn got lucky and wins. lololol no :\

PLATINUM 3566 7433 4303

My Jirachi wants your love. -.-
http://www.arkeis.com/animatedsprites.html
Check out that link for animated sprites
Old July 23rd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
This was a pretty good contest. The cool animation only made it better. I'm glad TPCi kept the soundtrack as well. Looking forward to the Grand Festival!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links