The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
In case you haven't noticed, it's kind of a mix between the Pokemon Center in R/B/Y and G/S/C.

Yeah, that's just bad tile insertion on my part, I've already fixed it.

About everyone looking right, the gentleman is supposed to be looking down, but I talked to him from the right, which is why he's facing right. And then I took a screenshot after I talked to him, which is why it looks like everyone is facing right, and not only that, but I happen to be facing right when taking the screenshot. Yeah, bad timing, I know. At least the nurse isn't looking right XD!

Um, what? I'm talking about the one that ZodiacDaGreat and that one other guy made for all 3rd Gen games. The afternoon colors look absolutely hideous. And it's a little glitchy too when entering buildings.

Sure, but the beta will go up to Route 5 (Cerulean City), so don't expect much for a while.

Oh, and guys, guess what: Remember back when this hack was known as, "Pokemon ShadowAmethyst"? Yeah, well if you remember, that was the last time that I actually had a hacked titlescreen with Mewtwo on it. I deleted the tileset and tilemap a long time ago, but thanks to the power of hex editing (and a pointer calculator), I managed to restore the titlescreen from Pokemon ShadowAmethyst!!! w00t!

Originally I was planning on re-doing the Mewtwo, but I did a test with unLZ to see what offset the pointer was at, and then I figured out I could just copy + pasted the hex code from ShadowAmethyst, with the help of a pointer calculator of course. Now all I need to do is change the palette and logo text.
the other dudes name is 'interdepth' but anyway, there is a way to change the palletes to look better, on the bottom right there is a pallete box to change it, i did it on my hack, and there is (supposed) to be another one on PC somewhere.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

All right, I'm fine with that. Hopefully, running everywhere can work. (And I got a script idea for this game at Vermillion)
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Does anyone with an HG/SS Rom happen to have any screenshots of the building on Route 22? Bulbapedia hasn't put up the HG/SS map for Route 22 yet...

If anyone can take screenshots of the building's exterior, that would be nice, so I could make tiles out of it. Remember, I'm talking about HG/SS, not FR/LG.
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Chaos190
Likes to Hack Pokemon

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Does anyone with an HG/SS Rom happen to have any screenshots of the building on Route 22? Bulbapedia hasn't put up the HG/SS map for Route 22 yet...

If anyone can take screenshots of the building's exterior, that would be nice, so I could make tiles out of it. Remember, I'm talking about HG/SS, not FR/LG.
I'm still looking BTW
I found Serbii's route 22 that has a snap shot of a little part of it.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route22.shtml
Don't worry I will search for more.

Would you like to be in a hacking team? Become a great hacker at the Chaos Productions!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220406
------------------------------------------------
Support

Credits to aSeRo141414

Old July 12th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I see a lot of Mewtwo pics for this version. Am wondering if you will do any changes with Mewtwo?
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos190 View Post
I'm still looking BTW
I found Serbii's route 22 that has a snap shot of a little part of it.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route22.shtml
Don't worry I will search for more.
Thanks for searching, but I've already seen all of Serebii's pics, and the HG/SS pic doesn't even show the building. But I'm glad you're still searching, 'cuz then I can finish Route 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
I see a lot of Mewtwo pics for this version. Am wondering if you will do any changes with Mewtwo?
In case you guys haven't noticed, yes, Mewtwo is the mascot. Originally I was going to change the plot and have you encounter Mewtwo at around when you have 7 badges, with Mewtwo at Lv50, but for now Mewtwo's role is going to be exactly the same as it is in the official games. Though Team Rocket will talk about it more, and the diary entries in the Cinnabar Mansion will be changed, for instance, Mew was found at Faraway Island (Pokemon Emerald), not South Africa.
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Wait... does that mean you could be able to get Mew before you get Mewtwo?

That would be cool... to be the badge 7 to get Mew instead of Moltres
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
Wait... does that mean you could be able to get Mew before you get Mewtwo?

That would be cool... to be the badge 7 to get Mew instead of Moltres
Well, no, I meant that Mew will be mentioned in the diaries in Cinnabar Mansion, and the diary text will be changed.

You cannot get Mew before getting the National Dex, however, Faraway Island will be accessible in this game.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Sweet! ????? has a chance of getting into this game!
Old July 13th, 2010, 07:10 AM
_Pino
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
This looks pretty awesome :D
I guess this could be the best hack ever..
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Just updated the first post with a couple of new screenshots. Here's one of them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
Sweet! ????? has a chance of getting into this game!
What are you talking about...
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Never mind. I don't think Green (Gary Oak) would use the word wimp.

EDIT: Stupid Wii glitches a lot.

Last edited by Heart's Soul; July 15th, 2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Darn Wii!
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
I played the Alpha. I'm impressed, if gives off the this is FR/LG with HG/SS-eqse graphics while making everything more consistent with the original Red/Blue.

I was surprised by the music; but, it still sounds good and in the original key too!

Just wondering, are the other 235 Pokémon going to be available. I'm wondering since FireRed and LeafGreen had some Johto Pokémon and 1 Hoenn Pokémon in the wild.

My X/Y Team:

Old July 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
if u use the 2d cheat in hgss it will be alot easier to create tiles from the screenshots
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Bad news: I have to restart AGAIN

Here's why:

Using a program on my AceKard to copy actual GBA save files from retail GBA cartridges, I copied my save file from my actual Pokemon Emerald game, and then I applied it to DarkViolet just to mess around in the Battle Frontier. Here's what I noticed:
*The Battle Pyramid is completely corrupt
*In the Battle Factory, right before you fight someone, the scientists on the left side of the room are facing up instead of right, and it looks really weird...
*Max Repel now only works for 25 steps
*Super Repel now only works for 20 steps
*Repel now only works for 10 steps (WTF!?!?!?)

So basically, I'm restarting, but this time on Ruby, because it's less glitchy. I thought that after solving Emerald's sound problem that I would finally be able to freely hack Emerald, but I guess there's other glitches I have to worry about...

I'm getting really tired of this. Especially mapping Pallet Town, Route 1, Viridian City, etc., over and over again. Ugh...

But anyways, I'm restarting AGAIN.

Does anyone want a playable patch of the progress I made since the last Alpha?

EDIT: And since I'm going to do this on Ruby, to make the Hoenn sister game equal, I'm going to also make "Pokemon Saga - Emerald" on Ruby. Yes, it will be weird, but I'll probably rename it to, "Pokemon Saga - Jade" to differentiate it from Pokemon Emerald.
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Just place the patch on the first post. I started my own hack too, but it seems Viridian City (obviously tentative) doesn't like Honey trees. Stupid palette 7.
Old July 16th, 2010, 06:04 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Hope this turns out great it looks like it would be very fun!
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Alright, so what's attached to this post is the amount of progress I've made before I discovered that the Battle Pyramid and the Repels became fail. You can do this:
*Get a starter
*Walk around Route 1
*Walk around Viridian City only to be stopped by an angry old man
*Go into the PokeMart and get a parcel
*Watch Blue call you a noob at Route 1
*Oak will give you and Blue a Pokedex at Route 1
*You can battle Blue at Route 22

... and that's pretty much it.
Attached Files
File Type: ips ihateemeraldglitches.ips‎ (800.7 KB, 10 views)
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Alright, so what's attached to this post is the amount of progress I've made before I discovered that the Battle Pyramid and the Repels became fail. You can do this:
*Get a starter
*Walk around Route 1
*Walk around Viridian City only to be stopped by an angry old man
*Go into the PokeMart and get a parcel
*Watch Blue call you a noob at Route 1
*Oak will give you and Blue a Pokedex at Route 1
*You can battle Blue at Route 22

... and that's pretty much it.
Thanks a lot, Chaos! This might be interesting!

But these are Emerald hacks, that's what you get. If you're going to start Emerald... remake the sprites. Please. RSE sprites are sad.
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Here's how I'm doing on Ruby:

See, lol, it looks exacly like Emerald now, you can't even tell that I actually switched from Emerald to Ruby. Only problem is during Menus and Multi-choices, Emerald uses a black arrow to select things, while Ruby uses a red box. I have no idea how to change that...
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:08 PM
King Koopa
The Dark Spriter >>>>

nice hack does this have D/P pokemon such as dialga, palkia, and regigigas?
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
No.

Quote:
Here's how I'm doing on Ruby:

See, lol, it looks exacly like Emerald now, you can't even tell that I actually switched from Emerald to Ruby. Only problem is during Menus and Multi-choices, Emerald uses a black arrow to select things, while Ruby uses a red box. I have no idea how to change that...
Yeah, it looks real good right now! Try finding the menu in unLZ and change the box to an arrow.
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:23 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

that looks PERFECT, btw is that the same tileset?

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
Why the hell would I put 4th Gen Pokemon in a 3rd Gen-style game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
Yeah, it looks real good right now! Try finding the menu in unLZ and change the box to an arrow.
I seriously doubt it's in unLZ, and even if that was possible, I would have to re-position everything, which probably requires asm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
that looks PERFECT, btw is that the same tileset?
Yep. I could very easily import everything straight from Emerald. Though Ruby can't use Palette 12, so I had to re-arrange some stuff.

And here's some new graphics:

Is this Pokemon FireRed? Or is this Pokemon Ruby? Mwahahahaha...

Could a mod please change the prefix to Ruby?
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm gonna have to go back to Emerald.

Last edited by Chaos Rush; July 20th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:29 AM
personz5

Quote:
Why the hell would I put 4th Gen Pokemon in a 3rd Gen-style game.

I seriously doubt it's in unLZ, and even if that was possible, I would have to re-position everything, which probably requires asm.

Yep. I could very easily import everything straight from Emerald. Though Ruby can't use Palette 12, so I had to re-arrange some stuff.

And here's some new graphics:

Is this Pokemon FireRed? Or is this Pokemon Ruby? Mwahahahaha...

Could a mod please change the prefix to Ruby?
the sceenshot is ruby and gud luck
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links