The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
I like this game so far. It's pretty challenging, which means I have to grind a lot and be careful There was one serious problem I've found so far. A Bayleef had used Reflect and moves like Aurora Beam and Confusion were affected by it. I think Reflect is reflecting attacks on both sides of the spectrum, which it shouldn't. It would be nice if this was fixed.
Old April 24th, 2011, 11:03 AM
maulinux
Beginning Trainer

I beat John and got Latias and Latios. Now I'm stuck in mandarine South Island. Where is the prof. oak? The game is very beautiful but difficult, it would take a step by step guide. Excuse me for my poor english.
Old April 27th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Lantz

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by maulinux View Post
I beat John and got Latias and Latios. Now I'm stuck in mandarine South Island. Where is the prof. oak? The game is very beautiful but difficult, it would take a step by step guide. Excuse me for my poor english.
That's a good question! I'm looking for him, but I can't find anyone. I'm waiting for a suggestion...
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:17 PM
MilesG170
Team Enigma Founder

I like the look of this game, and once I get going a little farther into mine, I will defiantly check this out. One question though. Does the border stay the whole time, like in your first few screenshots, or is it gone completely. Or can you turn it on/off?
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:43 AM
maulinux
Beginning Trainer

Why nobody answer me ? I'm stuck in Mandarine South Island because I can not find the prof.Oak. What should I do? I hope someone responds .(Pokemonforever27, Dave, Where are you?) .
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Dave_
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesG170 View Post
I like the look of this game, and once I get going a little farther into mine, I will defiantly check this out. One question though. Does the border stay the whole time, like in your first few screenshots, or is it gone completely. Or can you turn it on/off?
If you'retalking about the orange coloured border in the screens .. they are only in the screenshots not in the actual game

Quote:
Why nobody answer me ? I'm stuck in Mandarine South Island because I can not find the prof.Oak. What should I do? I hope someone responds .(Pokemonforever27, Dave, Where are you?) .
Uhm it's been a while since I played it but the only place I recall Oak ever being for you to interact was Pallet, apart from the times where he finds you? such as before you get latios/latias where you say something like
'why didn't you ask me to do that'
to oak
then he says somethign about his age I think and goes back to pallet, Give that a shot but I couldn't tell you if that's totally right..

Old April 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
maulinux
Beginning Trainer

Many Thanks Dave for the reply, although I was not very helpful. Pokemonforver27 , where are you?
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
pokemonforever27
IS RIDING LUGIA...

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Many Thanks Dave for the reply, although I was not very helpful. Pokemonforver27 , where are you?
You have to go back to PALLET TOWN. In the scene before you get LATIOS/LATIAS, the player tells OAK to head back home. You'll have to use the 'FLY trick' described in the readme to get back to PALLET TOWN.

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. School has had me busy to death!

Anyway, thanks for playing!

GAMES:

"We tend to move towards and act like that which we picture in our minds" (Henry David Thoreau)
Old April 30th, 2011, 06:34 AM
dannyboy601
Musician-in-Training

Nature: Relaxed
I think that it is great that you have turned the Orange islands into a game. I may play it once I have done a bit more on mine.

Old April 30th, 2011, 11:01 AM
maulinux
Beginning Trainer

I'm sorry, but I can not reach Pallet Town. Can you help? Thank you for your availability. Congratulations on your game.
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Pikα22
<BW GBC?

Ok, this thing claims that I have -1 badges.

And keeps freezing after i enter espeons name.

Last edited by Pikα22; April 30th, 2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
pokemonforever27
IS RIDING LUGIA...

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I can not reach Pallet Town. Can you help? Thank you for your availability. Congratulations on your game.
If you're on MANDARIN ISLAND SOUTH, you'll need to fly to MANDARIN ISLAND NORTH, then run north into the north sector. From there, fly to NEW ISLAND. Use the UNDERWATER PASSAGE to get to CINNABAR ISLAND. From there, you can either fly or surf north to get to PALLET TOWN.

Quote:
Ok, this thing claims that I have -1 badges.

And keeps freezing after i enter espeons name.
For some reason (not sure why just yet), the game claims you have -1 badges until you get LAPRAS. After that, it will correct itself to 0. I'm not sure why the game is freezing when you nickname ESPEON. I tried several times and could not make it do it (that doesn't mean I don't believe you, though). You can try redownloading the game, but past that I'm not sure. Sorry I'm not much help.

Thank you all for playing.

GAMES:

"We tend to move towards and act like that which we picture in our minds" (Henry David Thoreau)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:38 AM
maulinux
Beginning Trainer

Many thanks, all fixed. There will be new versions in the future?
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikα22 View Post
I hope you don't mind that I used your overworld sprites in the game I'm making. I'll give credit for you for them.
Say what? Last time I checked you're meant to ask people if you can use their stuff before using it. It's like me taking a dump in your toilet then saying can I use it.
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:51 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikα22 View Post
I hope you don't mind that I used your overworld sprites in the game I'm making. I'll give credit for you for them.
Yeah, REALLY not allowed to do that. Its called stealing.

Old July 2nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
ok. how the hell do i get strength? im looking everywhere for it and i need it for the crystal onix event.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj13 View Post
ok. how the hell do i get strength? im looking everywhere for it and i need it for the crystal onix event.
I believe it's in the bottom right corner of the cave, although I don't remember that well. I do know that it's nearby though, and I had trouble finding it as well.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

Never mind about the eevee, decided not to keep it.

I like the idea of the training room, though i do have a suggestion about it.

Either make it so you can't use pokeballs in it, or raise the price of master balls in the black market, didn't even beat the first orange member and i've already gotten 3 level 100 pokemon.

edit:
I just got lugia, and i have to say, this thing is way to overpowered, it's level 30 and destroying the level 100's in the training hall all by itself. Also My Aeroblast has a pp of 255.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it

Last edited by monkeyboi; July 3rd, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Xehanorth
Twitter Person

Nature: Bold
Sounds interesting, I'll be sure to follow this!
Old July 6th, 2011, 06:17 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I can't find Treecko, Turtwig, Torchic, and Chimchar in this game

EDIT: I already have Torterra and Infernape, and I don't need Sceptile anyway

Last edited by classiccartoonsftw; July 11th, 2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: I already have Torterra and Infernape
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
I can't find Treecko, Turtwig, Torchic, and Chimchar in this game
Why would you want to? In this game, you'll just wanna spam legendaries anyway =/ Normal Pokemon get you to about Lv. 30 or so before all the overpowered legendaries start coming along. When that happens, you'll have to use them to beat the game. So they wouldn't get you far anyway.

EDIT: If it makes you feel better, you may be able to find a few of the evolutions in the training house, although I'm not sure what rooms they're in.
Old July 11th, 2011, 03:38 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Okay, but what do you do if you've beaten Rocket Admin Ralph and received Castform?
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
micki0147
Beginning Trainer

Heyho, what have i to do on shamouti island after i beat up giovanni and chrash landing on lightning island???

btw if you go to fire island you can fight giovanni a second/third/.... time

greets, micki
Old July 12th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by micki0147 View Post
Heyho, what have i to do on shamouti island after i beat up giovanni and chrash landing on lightning island???

btw if you go to fire island you can fight giovanni a second/third/.... time

greets, micki
Yeah, I got stuck for a while on that. What you have to do is Surf back to the shrine where Slowking is, and walk to the back of it so that your sprite is facing towards the water. Talking to the shrine in the center will trigger the next event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
Okay, but what do you do if you've beaten Rocket Admin Ralph and received Castform?
I don't remember what to do exactly because that's at a point that I didn't get too wrapped up on. Could you clarify exactly what happened prior and where you are now?
Old July 14th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

I love the battle music against wild pokemon. It reminds me of Pokemon Colloseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links