The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design > Graphics & Photography

Notices

Graphics & Photography Display graphics such as banners, icons, and/or photographs that you have taken.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:09 PM
PSI-Claus
The Devil itself

Nature: Rash
The white space around the shoe is a bit distracting. I like how the glasses have a little shadow to make it where it's set down, I think the shirt needs something like that so it doesn't seem that it's just floating around. I do like the colours and the text.
--
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:04 AM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Quite a nice tag, although my first irk is the border. Borders which go around the entire tag are really like old school and to be honest, they destroy the flow by stating, "the tag ends here."
Anyways, I feel the effects aren't very strong and don't match the render that much I must say. That render makes me think of big, bold, strong movements and the effect C4Ds you've used are really light and weak. Either load up a lot more and really build up the effects, or get solid C4Ds. The smudging in the back is alright, but colour is a bit eh.

Anyways, first tag back in a ridiculous amount of time due to school work. However I'm now finished exams and ready to jump straight back in!

Old November 20th, 2010, 05:26 AM
abnegation
I do this so you cannot help but hear. A wise man views a moonless night with fear.

I could kill you for that text. It's stuck in the corner (which is a total nono, text should always be closer to the focal), it's slightly hard to read, and the font is so generic looking I think you should have gone with something that was at least a serif. It's also anti-aliased, which makes the edges seem rough. Have a look at the "i". Don't know what your stock was, I could assume you put the pigeons in yourself, and if so, they're nicely places and rendered, if not well, it takes less from what you've done in the tag. At any rate, this isn't one of your better tags. The pylon should have been blurred and not sharpened. The focal, which is her expression, is covered by a pigeon, if that was already in the stock, then bad choice of stock. The colours are nice, which is a given from you. I understand it's been a while, but this lacks flow and in general, it lacks your usual class. Lack of focal, lack of flow and text having a lot of mistakes is what kills it. But get back up on the horse and do another until you're back into the swing of it!
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Comic Tragedy

Location: The suburbs, and no I don't need to describe much further.
Nature: Relaxed
Though I do agree that a lot of the image seems rough, I do not agree that moments' tag was "killed" by lack of flow, and text placement. It's a good concept and that alone (in my opinion) makes it good. I mean, sure, it's not executed perfectly and looks a little bit awkward but, as you said, you cant expect much of someone who is warming up his graphical skills.

On that note:

CnC please!

take a few sʇuǝɯoɯ and look at this tag.
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

Immediately I am thinking Ezzo and I wish I knew how to do that style... so gonna try it out later
Anyways, first thing is that I reckon the guy could be sharpened. Only because the background and text and everything is sharper than him, but he is the focal, so...
Love the flow and the effects, however the fact that the white box is not centred is irking me a bit, however I can see why you did it, probably my OCD kicking in.
Love the colours though, and love that old school style.

RATE COMIC TRAGEDY's TAG!

Old November 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Comic Tragedy

Location: The suburbs, and no I don't need to describe much further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moments. View Post
Immediately I am thinking Ezzo and I wish I knew how to do that style... so gonna try it out later
Anyways, first thing is that I reckon the guy could be sharpened. Only because the background and text and everything is sharper than him, but he is the focal, so...
Love the flow and the effects, however the fact that the white box is not centred is irking me a bit, however I can see why you did it, probably my OCD kicking in.
Love the colours though, and love that old school style.

RATE COMIC TRAGEDY's TAG!

Good change?

take a few sʇuǝɯoɯ and look at this tag.
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:15 PM
moments.
{quixotic}

I think so, although, the right side of his neck, where it meets the collar is like ridiculous pixellated... That's just the render I think, but you could blur it a bit, then perfect!

Old November 30th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Stratos99
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Just a quick avatar I made with brightness/contrast, gradients, that color thingy and lighting/sharpen filters. It has a white border so it might be best to view it on a darker background.

original image:
Spoiler:

I like it. \o/
Old November 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM
abnegation
I do this so you cannot help but hear. A wise man views a moonless night with fear.

What bothers me most here is the darkness of the icon. If you cannot add detail and depth when making a dark icon, then avoid doing so. What I would have recommended here would to have emphasized his eye colour (blue would be a nice choice) with selective colour and possibly some brushing also, then adding some dodge to brighten them up, followed by some light sharpening. The jacket is done quite well, I think you could have put a little more effort into the bottom to make it perfect, and again, brighten it up. The face however, well the face's skin colour contrasts greatly with that of the neck, it looks like badly applied make-up. I would advise you to be careful with your colours. Don't go overboard on certain things, currently it does not look natural, despite the lighting. In saying all of this, the stock is quite low quality and dark to begin with, I advise looking for better stocks with more to play with. Some good points, but overshadowed quite literally by the bad ones I'm afraid.
Old December 6th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Since Gavin hasn't posted a graphic for rating, and I can't see the previous graphic, so I think it may be suitable for me to post a graphic for rating. I'll say one thing first.
moments. Your Pigeon tag is nice and all, and it's really good to see a full stock, and not just a render used. One thing I feel is that the colours within the tag have gone over the top with saturation, and it kills it. I'm not sure if that seems to be intentional or not. I'm also not a huge fan of the clipping mask you used here, since some of the colours from the text blend in with the background, making it slighltly harder to read.

Last edited by Alternative; December 6th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:23 AM
derozio
not an anime connoisseur
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Uh, since I'm not really good at critcs and stuff, I might actually say one or two things that may be off. I'm not really good at this, I guess.. ^o^'

Well, let us see: The first thing that come to my notice is the monotone of the tag. It just doesn't pop up. Colors are kinda dull. Try using the selective color option and/or saturation. Apart from the dull colors, another thing that this tag lacks is effects. Overall, you just need to spice this tag a bit. As it is now, it just doesn't appeal to me. Oh, and I just don't know, there's something wrong with the text...it just doesn't seem right to me..

Here's mine.

Last edited by derozio; December 7th, 2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Haonn
hello, zombie ♥

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haonn
Really good, although I should say that the first character - sorry, I'm no Naruto fan so I don't know anything about it- is a bit too smudged, also a bit of the text is vague thanks to the background, but yeah, that's just my taste I guess xd.

and
ohgod I haven't made anything in so long and I wasn't very good to start with. But myeah, rate whichever you want or rate them both, oh and, as for the second one, I kept it textless because everything I added ended up messing it up.
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet

Hmm, I love the color on the first one, just the focal is a bit off. It lacks good lighting, I'd say darken the left part of her face and add a light source just above her arm; 300px white soft brush does the trick. That color that you put on it, it's nice, however also affects the girl in it, I'd say erasing that part out with a soft brush on 80% opacity. Or darken it with a soft brush and then lighten it again.
As for the second one, it seems you put a c4d on top of it with a color doesn't mix so good, that's ok, you can blur or smudge it to make it look better. As for it's lighting, same thing I said about the first one, but put the light source at the bottom right corner.

Uhmm.. Rate meh icon and tag.

Old January 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
Look nice. I don't really care for the shadow on the sig though.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old February 16th, 2011, 01:33 AM
derozio
not an anime connoisseur
Community Supporter

My main problem with this tag is that it looks too simple. You should have gone for more effects. Plus, the text should actually have been closer to the main stock/render. Neither the font nor the placement seems proper. Another problem with this tag is that it is pretty monotonous. The scanlines don't help it in any way, imo.

What you could've done while making this tag:
1) Tried to put the text closer to the main stock. Oh, and a better font.
2) Paid a little more attention to lighting. Should've used burn/dodge tool where necessary.
3) Went for more effects.
4) More colors. Lack of colors take a lot away from the tag at times. Unless, of course, you're a master at giving tags a lot of depth.
5) Did something to add more depth to it.
6) No scanlines. Scanlines, at times, ruin some works. Err, many works. (This is sorta me being a little biased so don't take this one into consideration if you don't wanna. :P)

Now, for my turn:

Rate that, pwease.
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:29 AM
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
That, one has a really good flow, and the effects was good, but I didn't like the background, and why not blur the background a bit and sharpen the render a bit too. But overall, it's pretty good.

The smudging is good too, 7/10
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Since no one has posted a graphic, and Derozio knows what I think of that style, I thought I might post something I made.

There's one with and without the border for you.
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

hmmm, i think it's pretty good, but just the smudge on grovyles face bugs me. maybe remove it from the focus area? (sorry, i ain't good at rating)

i have a background for my youtube channel here, and i thought i might get it rated.

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Shattered_Soul
Just Because :)

I like what you did here. The only thing I can really say is that those squares randomly placed around don't go with the flow of the picture, because everything is so evenly placed.
(sorry it's so short, everything looks good besides that)

Just rate the one in my signature please.
Old March 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Toony
Poopsmear.

Send a message via Skype™ to Toony
You could try to emphasize your focal point a bit more, and make the text blend with some effects, or just darken it. You have too many things that distract from the focal point. I would suggest putting something almost bright to the top or top-ish left to keep the effects from distracting you too much. I really like where you were going with it though.
That's just my opinion, I'm pretty sure someone else would think of it completely different.

I you could just rate my sig, even though it's about a year(or more) old.

Old March 27th, 2011, 02:42 AM
derozio
not an anime connoisseur
Community Supporter

A little too simplistic. The stock looks high quality..but idk, I don't like the overall looks of the tag. Seems bland. And those borders don't add to it. Would've been better if you did away with them. Add some more effects and some more blending..that will probably suffice. It'll look much better, I'm sure.

Rate this, plz:
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Xyrin
Furret

Since the guy above didn't rate the guy above I'll rate him.

I really like it and it's pretty cool. I can't see what it's spelling I only see R-AB. I like the funny face the tiger is making. Nice pic. The editing is realistic and looks like real bubbles. So the only thing you really need to fix is the sloppyness of the bubbles.

Here's mine, I just started yesterday so.... The one in my sig (you can rate it too) is from last night (when I got PS) and This one is from today (my second day) The silver one is my third and the gold is my second, Vegeta is my 4th.

Looking for Criticism. (I followed tuts on the last two)

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old April 14th, 2011, 06:27 AM
-Sonic~Boom-
☆彡

Quote:
I like the background on this, but there it's plain. It all seems kinda flat, and you could of experimented with the fonts some more.

Quote:
This is my favourite. I love the grunge and splatter paint style and the colours all blend nicely. The background is a bit dull though, and the font + colour of font you used wasn't a good choice either, it's too plain.
Quote:
I like the glow coming off the character (Vegeta?) but overall it's again too plain and the text you used is too plain.

To improve? I'd recommend learning how to use C4Ds (they help your work a LOT), experiment with fonts and the colours, learn adjustment layers (they're amazingly helpful) and things like smudging. Your best bet to learn what they are and get tutorials is:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=226684

Rate plz?
Old April 15th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Precipice
I may be pure badass, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sonic~Boom- View Post
Rate plz?

I LOVE the dynamic action in this, lost of movement there lots of crazy effects going on there and although it's quite cluttered you've made it acceptable as its not too overbearing. The text is well placed and a nice choice of colours too, I'm not sure what 'strong' brings to the picture, even if it is a translation the smoothness of the text seems out of place on such a dynamic graphic. Overall a very good graphic, I would say that it could do with a stronger focal point, the whole thing seems slightly blurred.

Rate Either one of these please:

Old April 18th, 2011, 12:00 PM
dylanj70
Beginning Trainer

hi. i just started making signatures tonight and the one ive got as mine at the moment i just made. it took me 3 hours and the pokemon/evil dude were edited but not created by me. the rest was. can i please have peoples opinion on what is good/ bad about it(but only constructive criticism please) .

preferably i would like 2 good and 2 bad points please. but if you cant do that its fine.

from, dylanj70 (aspiring photoshopper and battling freak)

Solo Challenge:
Pokemon Blue

Snorlax, Level 1
----------------------------

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links