Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page Help With WS_FTP

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Closed Thread

Old November 15th, 2004 (05:55 PM).
Jirachi Master
I can walk AND talk!

Send a message via AIM to Jirachi Master Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jirachi Master Send a message via Yahoo to Jirachi Master
I downloaded WS_FTP, and every time I try to go into it, it says something like, "This program cannot be run in DOS Mode". What does that mean and how can I get into the program?

Happily Paired With Charizard Flame!

^You better watch out!^
Old November 16th, 2004 (03:29 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Nature: Bold
Are you running XP? Have you checked the compatibility mode you're running it in? You should use SmartFTP, it's better than WS_FTP anyway.

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

avatar and signature by FoxHound

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old November 16th, 2004 (05:26 PM).
Jirachi Master
I can walk AND talk!

Send a message via AIM to Jirachi Master Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jirachi Master Send a message via Yahoo to Jirachi Master
I have SmartFTP now, but I heard that WS_FTP is better. And btw, I'm on a 98, but I'm getting an XP soon.

^You better watch out!^
Old November 16th, 2004 (05:35 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

WS_FTP works OK for me on 98SE, but I still recommend SmartFTP as it's easier to use and has a lot more functions. I used to use WS_FTP but I switched and I like SmartFTP a lot better.

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old November 16th, 2004 (06:37 PM).
Jirachi Master
I can walk AND talk!

Ok, in that case, could you help me with SmartFTP? I know how to upload files, but I'm not sure which files go where. For instance, where do you upload files for public viewing? (The most important question. XD)

^You better watch out!^
Old November 16th, 2004 (06:45 PM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Which host are you using? It depends. Either they go anywhere, or they go in your public_html folder. If you have a public_html folder they go in there.

Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Bertrand Russell

Old November 17th, 2004 (01:00 PM).
Jirachi Master
I can walk AND talk!

Well I'm hosted by KyleTech and I'll check if there's a public.html folder later. Thanks a lot for the help JA! If you don't mind, could you not lock this of I need more help?

^You better watch out!^
Old December 4th, 2004 (11:57 AM).
Jirachi Master
I can walk AND talk!

Nevermind, you can lock this guys sice I know how to use SmartFTP good.

^You better watch out!^
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links