< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub Survey First hack you've ever played?

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply
Old January 20th, 2015 (2:15 AM).
Breaking my heart, babe!
Nature: Gentle
So, I was browsing through my Pokemon ROMs folder when I noticed I have so many ROMs in there. I checked out all of it. I looked into the sky, and asked myself, "What is the first ROM Hack that I've played?"
Then I remembered the glorious Pokemon Light Platinum. I got my Pokemon Light Platinum via bluetooth. I have a friend in church and he has Light Platinum. I asked him if he can share me the ROM. Of course, he gave me the ROM. And then I played it and played it. I remember playing it 10 times or so. But let's focus on YOU. What's the first ROM Hack that you've played and how did you discovered it?
Pair | #TeamTrivia
Old January 20th, 2015 (6:22 AM).
chase is my favourite
Nature: Serious
Pokémon Chaos Black back in 2006. I'd just discovered emulators and I was searching for games I could play and came across it. All it really had was some changed graphics and new starter, it was just like a normal Fire Red except Mt. Moon was blocked.

I then started searching on google for more ROM hacks and found the forums. There weren't many complete ROM hacks at the time, maybe just Quartz and Brown? And that's how I got into ROM hacking.
Old January 20th, 2015 (2:24 PM).
The first hack I actually played was some obscure hack called Liquid Ocean made by some really old hacker guy, I don't think he comes here anymore. I remember being overwhelmed by how different it was from FireRed and actually thought it was a "lost" Pokémon game at the time. Once I found out more about hacking I was determined to make my own and then I made multiple awful awful ones and here we are.

I wonder what happened to that guy though.
Old January 20th, 2015 (2:38 PM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier
Nature: Hasty
lol sphricl r u dmb dats christos he just posted above u !! XD XD XD XD XD
btw happy birthday

To be honest, I really don't remember what the first hack I played was. Maybe Quartz or something like that?

god damn it danny, another hack?

I've released four betas of two hacks. Click on my threads if you want to download.
Old January 20th, 2015 (9:12 PM).
Nature: Relaxed
Partially translated bootleg ROM of Pocket Monsters Gold, years before the English release.

Get off my lawn.
The rival in Red and Blue is called Green. Gary is some character from a lame cartoon.
Old January 20th, 2015 (9:29 PM).
Nature: Adamant
I can't seem to remember. But it was probably Ruby Destiny games or a remake like Lightning Yellow or Liquid Crystal. I only REALLY started getting into hack games when I played Dark Energy, so could that count instead? :3
*For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night nor of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and sober. -1Thessalonians 5:5-6
*The Library; Pokemon Manga Fanclub! Come join today!!
Old January 21st, 2015 (12:38 PM).
Sacred Fire
Crystal Tier
I came across a chaos black cartridge a few years back, fastforward and then I discovered it would be possible to make my own
Old January 21st, 2015 (12:48 PM).
Nature: Calm
I was very young, my brother downloaded me a pokemon game, but they were young too so they didn't realise that..

1. the game was in spanish
2. the game was a hack.

So I don't know which hack it was, but it was with red (or another gen1 game), and in the forest I saw mew!!! I was the happiest kid in the world! I catched it quickly!!

I will alway remember..
"Congratulation, you just caught a Ditto!"

.... turn out almost every pokemon you catched was a ditto.

I didn't continued the hack XD
Watership Down by Richard Adams
Old January 21st, 2015 (6:39 PM).
THE Chimchar Tamer
Nature: Bold
I first played Pokemon Shattered Dreams about a year and a half ago. I accidentally stumbled upon it and thought, "Man this is awesome!" When I learned it was never finished, I was sad. It had a lot of potential.

Experience the Journey Here

Thank you Yet Another Logical Nerd for the avatar!
Old January 21st, 2015 (7:05 PM).
hi guys, so I played the fire red hack. the dark violet version, and im really disappointed that the game wasn't finished, i look find that the thread of that game in here is closed, i am eager to finish the game, can somebody help me please
Old January 21st, 2015 (7:05 PM).
Lost One Weeping
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to -Rilou-
I feel a little bit guilty to say that the first hacked ROM I've ever played was Ponymon.
Meh, it was just like FireRed and LeafGreen, just the Pokemon were replaced with ponies and the text replaced "Poke" with "Pony".
"If I say it doesn't hurt me, it means I can bear it."

Atelier 801 | deviantART | FlightRising
Old January 22nd, 2015 (10:28 AM).
Angel of Death
Crystal TierEO
Nature: Impish
I'm pretty sure the first hack I played was Pokemon Brown. It was quite a long time ago, so I'm not certain.
The Angel of Death
Old January 23rd, 2015 (3:02 AM).
Mine was Pokemon Snakewood. It was a strange one but good
Old January 23rd, 2015 (6:07 AM).
Pokemon Volt White 2, 'cause I liked Pokemon White 2.

Old January 23rd, 2015 (4:33 PM).
Nature: Lax
The first Pokémon ROM hack I ever played was Ash Gray. It appealed to me because I was particularly fond of the anime at that point and time. I really liked how it was essentially an exact replica of the anime, and every time I moved onto a new cutscene I immediately knew what episode it was from. I'd say that is definitely what kept me engrossed in the hack and why I was always so eager to play it.
Old January 23rd, 2015 (5:50 PM).
Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
Nature: Hardy
First hack pokemon ive play is Light Platinum also ! Thanks to my cousins haha :D ..Btw when im play this, i like very much & nice graphics, the sprites.. the hard trainers, gym leaders, villains, elite 4 & champions!! (not fixing yet that time many bugs ive encounter) -.-
♥ Art & Designer♥
♥ Anime Fanatics ♥

♥ Pokemon Contest Challenger♥
♥ Water & Psychic Trainer ♥
Old January 25th, 2015 (3:25 AM).
Black Charizard
Nature: Careful
First hack played was Pokemon Snakewood.
Old January 25th, 2015 (4:05 PM).
Proof of Friendship
Crystal TierEO
Nature: Lonely
I actually joined PC back in 2007 for the sole purpose of downloading Shiny Gold.

Funny thing is, I completely fell out of the ROM Hacking scene sometime after 2008, but I somehow stayed on this website because the other sections grew on me.

Glad to see that the concept of ROM Hacking is still alive and well, considering this is the first time I've visited the ROM Hacking section in over 5 years.

"Clustering bonds will illuminate a new miracle...
Become the path that lights the way!"

Explorers' Guild | Club Yu-Gi-Oh! | Grass-Type Club
#TeamTrivia | "Who's That Pokémon?"

Old January 26th, 2015 (3:42 PM).
Supah Hott
Nature: Brave
Pokemon Ash Gray was my first game, MunchingOrange, the youtuber introduced me to it.
Old February 2nd, 2015 (3:14 PM).
Rose of Favor
Gold Tier
Nature: Gentle
My first Rom Hack was Pokemon Sienna I discovered Hacking when all the guys at school were talking about it one day. They mentioned it to me knowing I was a Pokemon Fan.

Myanimelist|VM|Battle Server|AMA|
Old February 2nd, 2015 (3:55 PM).
My first Rom Hack was Shiny Gold. I remember back in 2009 I was looking for a hidden Firered track on Youtube when I saw a Shiny Gold video in the related section. My first thought was "There was a Shiny Gold?" Curiously that's how I discovered Rom Hacking and emulators.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. And a gross thing to recycle.

"Too much water" - IGN, The most hypocritical statement of all time.
Old February 4th, 2015 (9:47 PM).
My first hack was Pokemon Glazed. A friend told me I needed to play the hacks and told me to get glazed. I haven't looked back since.
Old February 5th, 2015 (4:28 PM).
Because the Hook brings you back ~
Nature: Modest
I first tried to play a fake Light Platinum, and doing some research led me to this lovely forum, where i found Liquid Crystal. LaZ's masterpiece quickly made me fall in love with hacks.
Old February 5th, 2015 (6:30 PM).
Aerilate Thrasher
Silver Tier
Nature: Naive
The first hack I played was Flora Sky, which I stumbled upon before joining Pokecommunity. Back then I was very interested in ROM hacking because I wanted to make my own Pokemon hack, a Hoenn-based game with the same story, but with changes to the graphics and the Pokemon that you could catch in the game.

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
Old February 9th, 2015 (6:03 AM).
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to TheSoupLord
Ahh yes... First ROM hack I've ever played is defiantly Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Reign Of Legends. I remember I was so exited that you could catch all the legendaries in this strange 'Pokemon ROM', I remember Angeallen being the coolest thing as well as Shadow Lugia. I found this ROM on a website called Vizzed. A site that you can play hundreds of retro ROMs on.

I remember after I found out about RD RoL and played it, I found Pokemon Chaos Black. I was fascinated how people were able to hack a pokemon game and put it on an entirely new cartridge. I bought a copy of Chaos black a few years ago on ebay for 20$ xD. Boy, was i ripped off.
But to this day, for me, there's this super mysterious aspect all around chaos black and other hacks in cartridges.

I've played Ruby Destiny Reign of Legends about 25 times now... And right now i'm nuzlocking it as I type this :3
I've been the biggest fan of DestinedJaGold since I first found out who made RoL.
And I am honored to say, I am currently mapping tons of Kanto maps for DJG's newest ROM hack he's working on, Pokemon RD - Broken Timeline.

It's so nice to look back at the memories I've created with RoL c: This is a wonderful thread.
And I hope to create more memories with upcoming amazing ROM hacks c:
Have a nice day everyone :3
(=^ ω ^=) ❤ Nyaa~
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links